PDA

View Full Version : Tinian son finishes Marine Corps training

thedrifter
04-28-07, 06:55 PM
Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tinian son finishes Marine Corps training

The U.S. Marine Corps held its Basic Recruit Training graduation ceremony on April 13, 2007 at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California, honoring the outstanding graduating Marines from 3rd Battalion Kilo Company Platoon 3222. Among the newly inducted Marines included Private Jarvin James Litulumar Evangelista of San Jose, Tinian.

Evangelista, the son of Cristobal Boki Evangelista of San Jose, Tinian, and Barbara Litulumar Cano of Chalan Kanoa, Saipan, formerly attended Tinian High School before graduating from Crescent Valley High School in Corvallis, Oregon in June 1999.

In attendance for his graduation was his wife, Senior Airman Kimberly Hofschneider, daughter of Senator Jude U. Hofschneider and Lizabeth Hofschneider. The couple is expecting their first child in June.

Undergoing 13 weeks of intense Marine recruit training, Evangelista successfully completed the challenge of becoming a U.S. Marine. Evangelista recalls his moments during recruit training as very challenging yet a rewarding experience. "The training I received helped me build not only physical strength but also the values of honor, courage, and commitment to the Marine Corps, my country, and my family. I am proud to serve the military and represent the CNMI alongside my wife, my cousins, and my fellow islanders."

Evangelista qualified as an expert in the M16A2 service rifle and was one of the top finishers in his platoon during the final physical fitness test and water survival qualifications.

“It is truly an honor to congratulate Private Evangelista for successfully becoming a Marine,” said Resident Representative Pete A. Tenorio when he received word of Evangelista's accomplishment. “I am so proud that he has joined many of our young men and women from the Northern Marianas who represent such a great sense of commitment and patriotism to serve our country proudly in all branches of the Armed Services. Our Commonwealth and especially the people of Tinian should be proud of their son and Marine.”

Evangelista completed Marine Corps boot camp with a Military Occupational Specialty in Motor Transportation. He will undergo advance training at Marine Combat Training Battalion in Camp Pendleton, California. Subsequently, he will report to his Military Occupational School at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri in June. Evangelista plans to excel in the Marine Corps during his enlistment and hopes to one day pursue his dream career in Culinary Arts after a successful military service.

Evangelista proudly joins his fellow first-cousins-in-arms:2nd Lt. Adrian R. Evangelista, USMC (NAS Corpus Christi, Texas); Sgt. Abigail R. Evangelista, USA (Manheim, Germany); Sgt. Joseph E. Santos, USA (Ft. Carson, Colorado); Sgt. Augustin A. Evangelista Jr., USA (Ft. Campbell, Kentucky); and Airman First Class Antonio R. Evangelista Jr., USAF (Kunsan AFB, Republic of Korea).

Evangelista also adds another link in the chain of active duty Marines from Tinian: Cpl Rufino J. Mendiola Jr. (Camp Pendleton, California), PFC Emerson F. Cruz (Camp Lejeune, North Carolina) and PFC Jesse M. Atalig (Camp Pendleton, California). (PR)

Ellie