PDA

View Full Version : Provisional Rifle Company

billyjoechu
03-04-03, 09:19 PM
I'm looking for anyone that served with 1st FSR, H&S Battalion, Fleet Marine Force, Force Logistics Command, Provisional Rifle Company, Camp Books, RVN.
Billy Joe Churchwell
billyjoechu@comcast.net
http://www.billyjoe.net/Vietnam/

hjholden
04-21-06, 08:38 PM
Hey Bill, Here I am Again.

Semper Fi,
Hunt

billyjoechu
08-06-06, 11:09 PM
I'm looking for anyone that served with 1st FSR, H&S Battalion, Fleet Marine Force, Force Logistics Command, Provisional Rifle Company, Camp Books, RVN.
Billy Joe Churchwell
billyjoe@billyjoe.net
http://www.billyjoe.net/vietnam/

billyjoe@billyjoe.net
www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
Semper Fi

billyjoechu
02-22-08, 05:29 PM
Provisional Rifle Company's new link
www.billyjoe.net/vietnam

ggyoung
02-23-08, 11:26 AM
How Meany provisional rifle company's were in Vietnam?

billyjoechu
02-23-08, 11:39 AM
I don't know. I do know there where Provisional Rifle Company's in previous wars and I think there is at least one in Iran now. I think they are built and disbanded as needed. My Provisional Rifle Company was stationed at Camp Books VN. The sight is at www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
Semper Fi
Billy

ggyoung
02-23-08, 12:59 PM
billy==========How about a Cpl. Paul Larson from Moroni, Utah?

billyjoechu
02-23-08, 02:03 PM
As of today the PRC roster on my web sight reads as follows:
Marc (Frenchy) Adamsen
Gary L Bolter
Cpl, Patrick G. Brannon
Ronald F. Brobst (Mouse)
Emil (POP) Cedeno
Billy Joe Churchwell
Billy Davis
Hal W Davis
Ken Hargrove
Hunt Holden
Cpl. Dick (Tarzan) Jeffrey
Sherrill Jeter
Dale Sandoval
Gary Hoerauf
Cpl Rick Kimes
Pat King
C. Wayne Lafitte
Rick Nash (Short round)
Jim Nielsen
Pup Nutter
Doug Phillips
William F. Powell
Robert Regan
Donald J. Rich
Dale Sandoval
Robert S. Snell
Vernon A. Snodderly
Norman Styles
Norman "Doc" Wade
John Wells

billyjoechu
03-04-08, 03:39 PM
Provisional Rifle Company's new link
www.billyjoe.net/vietnam
I also have a Deep Sea Dving web sight.
www.billyjoe.net/diving

wlabancz
06-17-14, 07:22 AM
Hey Bill, just came accrosed the web site doing search on the Provisional Rifle company. I served with the Provisional rifle Company June 1970.
Like to hear from you.
Wayne LaBancz

billyjoechu
06-17-14, 09:34 AM
Hello Wayne, Hope you approve of the sight. Platoon Sgt Dutch White wrote the interdiction. Which squad/platoon where you in?
Billy

wlabancz
06-17-14, 12:01 PM
Hey Guys,

I wasn't expecting a response so soon. nice job with the site. My memory is a little vage on the Platoon and Squad. I only served 4 months when I was sent home on a emergency leave. My first born baby girl was full term but died at birth. We were on patrol when a chopper landed with a Navy Chaplin aboard and I had to make a instant decision on going home or staying in-country. I left and made a big mistake in doing so, but that is another story. I do remember My platoon and squad was near the Scout dog kennels and I did become very close friends with a dog handler and work with him back at camp books when we were not on patrol. I did make a lot of friends and hope someone remembers me and can fill in some of my blanks. I do remember my squad leader's last name was Haggerty but I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right.

billyjoechu
06-17-14, 12:11 PM
The kennel was built while I was there. So where the hooches. The kennel was built along side 3rd platoon. You where pronely in 1st or 2nd squad. Sorry to hear about your child. Did you sign the guest book. I haven't looked at the sight for a while. Hope it still works.

wlabancz
06-17-14, 01:12 PM
Wayne LaBancz

wlabancz
06-17-14, 01:56 PM
Hi Billy,

Great hearing from you. In reading your post looks like we may have none one another. Thanks for the information, It really helps sometimes thinking about Vietnam and the friends we made but have little or no information about one another and not thinking at the time to record names and addresses. The one dog handler I mention. I remember he was on his 3rd tour because his dog would not go to another handler and they were going to have to put him down when he left. But or the life of me I can't remember his name. Also I can' fine the guest book to sign in. Hope to talk to you again

Semper FI

billyjoechu
06-17-14, 08:52 PM
The link is on the bottom left hand side. Visitors log.

http://www.billyjoe.net/vietnam/prc_book_keep_off.htm

tifftyler2
02-01-22, 02:03 PM
I was with provisional rifles approximately 7/68-2/69
12/67-7/68 I was with 1st MP Bn. C co.