PDA

View Full Version : Interesting reading!

davblay
04-26-07, 11:41 PM
Marines, I got this from a friend in my email, thought I would share it with you Marines:

Dear God:
Why didn't you save the school children at ?. ..

Moses Lake , Washington2/2/96
Bethel , Alaska2/19/97
Pearl , Mississippi10/1/97
West Paducah , Kentucky12/1/97
Stamp, Arkansas12/15/97
Jonesboro , Arkansas3/24/98
Edinboro , Pennsylvania4/24/98
Fayetteville, Tennessee5/19/98
Springfield, Oregon5/21/98
Richmond , Virginia6/15/98
Littleton , Colorado4/20/99
Taber , Alberta , Canada5/28/99
Conyers , Georgia5/20/99
Deming , New Mexico11/19/99
Fort Gibson , Oklahoma12/6/99
Santee , California3/ 5/01
El Cajon , California3/22/01 and
Blacksburg, VA 4/16/07 ?

Sincerely,
Concerned Student

-----------------------------------------------------

Reply:

Dear Concerned Student:
Sorry,

I am not allowed in schools.

Sincerely,
God

----------------------------------------------------------

How did this get started?...

-----------------

Let's see,
I think it started when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained She
didn't want any prayer in our schools.

And we said, OK.

------------------

Then, someone said you better not:

Read the Bible in school;
the Bible that says
"thou shalt not kill,
Thou shalt not steal,
And love your neighbors as yourself,"

And we said, OK...

-----------------

Dr. Benjamin Spock said
We shouldn't spank our children
When they misbehaved
Because their little personalities Would be warped and we might
damage their self-esteem.

And we said,
An expert should know what he's talking about So we won't spank them anymore...

------------------

Then someone said
Teachers and principals better not Discipline our children when
they misbehave.
And the school administrators said No faculty member in this
school Better touch a student when they misbehave Because we
don't want any bad publicity, And we surely don't want to be sued.

And we accepted their reasoning...

------------------

Then someone said,
let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, And they
won't even have to tell their parents.

And we said, that's a grand idea.

------------------

Then some wise school board member said, Since boys will be boys
And they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the
condoms they want, So they can have all the fun they desire, And we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school.

And we said, that's another great idea...

------------------

Then some of our top elected officials said It doesn't matter
what we do in private as long as we do our jobs.

And we said,
It doesn't matter what anybody, including the President, Does in
private as long as we have jobs and the economy is good....

------------------

And someone else took that appreciation a step further And
published pictures of nude children And then stepped further
still by Making them available on the Internet.

And we said, everyone's entitled to free speech....

------------------

And the entertainment industry said, let's make TV shows and
movies that promote Profanity, violence and illicit sex...
And let's record music that encourages Rape, drugs, murder,
suicide, and satanic themes...

And we said,
it's just entertainment
And it has no adverse effect
And nobody takes it seriously anyway, So go right ahead.

------------------

Now we're asking ourselves
Why our children have no conscience, Why they don't know right
from wrong, And why it doesn't bother them to Kill strangers,
classmates or even themselves.

------------------

Undoubtedly,
If we thought about it long and hard enough, We could figure it
out.
I'm sure it has a great deal to do with...

"WE REAP WHAT WE SOW"

------------------

Why is it our children can not read a Bible in school, but can in prison? :confused:

bigdog43701
04-27-07, 06:13 AM
True...very,very True

drumcorpssnare
04-27-07, 07:29 AM
Let's not forget...all the greatest powers in the world have been defeated from within; not conquered from the outside.:(
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

rktect3j
04-27-07, 07:37 AM
Excellent post. I concur. WTF is wrong with us?

semperfi170
04-27-07, 08:13 AM
If you check most schools don't teach the Pledge of Allegiance or say at the beginning of the day. They also don't teach God Bless America or any of that type of song/music. When was the last time you heard a school marching band play Its a Grand Old Flag, or any of Sousa's music. We're lucky they teach the National Anthem. Speaking of the National Anthem, how many of you know or remember hearing the other verses?

What it has come down to is being PC and not wanting to possibly influence any child that a higher power exists. The Lords' Prayer, Psalm 23, all these are not PC on our public schools.

drumcorpssnare
04-27-07, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't be suprised if some "goody two-shoes" tried to ban the National Anthem because it mentions "bombs bursting." (Oh, that's just way too violent for our kids to be hearing!):evilgrin:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

JinxJr
04-27-07, 09:00 AM
A lot of e-mail traffic contains stories that aren't quite the complete, absolute truth but sometimes one comes along that makes you stop and say..."If this didn't really happen, it should have."

The following is an example of one such event...If it didn't really happen, it should have! (Just sayin')

This is a statement that was read over the PA system at the football game at Roane County High School , Kingston , Tennessee , by school Principal, Jody McLeod.

"It has always been the custom at Roane County High School football games, to say a prayer and play the National Anthem, to honor God and Country."

Due to a recent ruling by the Supreme Court, I am told that saying a Prayer is a violation of Federal Case Law. As I understand the law at this time, I can use this public facility to approve of sexual perversion and call it "an alternate lifestyle," and if someone is offended, that's OK.

I can use it to condone sexual promiscuity, by dispensing condoms and calling it, "safe sex." If someone is offended, that's OK.

I can even use this public facility to present the merits of killing an unborn baby as a "viable! means o f birth control." If someone is offended, no problem...

I can designate a school day as "Earth Day" and involve students in activities to worship religiously and praise the goddess "Mother Earth" and call it "ecology."

I can use literature, videos and presentations in the classroom that depicts people with strong, traditional Christian convictions as "simple minded" and "ignorant" and call it "enlightenment."

However, if anyone uses this facility to honor GOD and to ask HIM to Bless this event with safety and good sportsmanship, then Federal Case Law is violated.

This appears to be inconsistent at best, and at worst, diabolical. Apparently, we are to be tolerant of everything and anyone, except GOD and HIS Commandments.

Nevertheless, as a school principal, I frequently ask staff and students to abide by rules with which they do not necessarily agree. For me to do otherwise would be inconsistent at best, and at worst, hypocritical.. I suffer from that affliction enough unintentionally. I certainly do not need to add an intentional transgression.

For this reason, I shall "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," and refrain from praying at this time.

"However, if you feel inspired to honor, praise and thank GOD and ask HIM,in the name of JESUS, to Bless this event, please feel free to do so. As far as I know, that's not against the law----yet."

One by one, the people in the stands bowed their heads, held hands with one another and began to pray.

They prayed in the stands. They prayed in the team huddles. They prayed at the concession stand and they prayed in the Announcer's Box!

The only place they didn't pray was in the Supreme Court of the United States of America- the Seat of "Justice" in the "one nation, under GOD."

Somehow, Kingston , Tennessee Remembered what so many have forgotten. We are given the Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion.

Dave Coup
04-27-07, 11:57 AM
One of the good things about Catholic Schools where my girls went and my grandkids go is no restrictions an prayer or the Pledge of Allegiance. I'm with you Jinx, if that didn't happen it should have.

SF

Dave