PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a set of dress blues....

Jarheadtanker
04-26-07, 08:45 PM
Semper Fi Devil Dogs, my name is Daniel and I am a very proud Marine. I was separated from 1st Tank Bn. 29 Palms, CA back in '92 and have always said that when I marry, I would do it in my blues. I have successfully avoided matrimony for a number of years :) but now I have decided to formally tie the knot around my neck. I would like to take the plunge in a set of blues but I don't fit into my old set. I am looking for a place where I can purchase a complete set of dress blues to surprise my lady. I appreciate any info you may provide.
Also, I have earned a number of decorations like many fine men and women who served. I heard some scuttlebutt that units may receive additional decorations that the marine might not be made aware of, for reasons of separation, etc. If this is true, is there a place where I can get an updated record (srg, dd214) to reflect the "new" awards?
Thanks for all your help in advance. Semper Fi!
:iwo::marine:

10thzodiac
04-26-07, 10:15 PM
Semper Fi Devil Dogs, my name is Daniel and I am a very proud Marine. I was separated from 1st Tank Bn. 29 Palms, CA back in '92 and have always said that when I marry, I would do it in my blues. I have successfully avoided matrimony for a number of years :) but now I have decided to formally tie the knot around my neck. I would like to take the plunge in a set of blues but I don't fit into my old set. I am looking for a place where I can purchase a complete set of dress blues to surprise my lady. I appreciate any info you may provide.
Also, I have earned a number of decorations like many fine men and women who served. I heard some scuttlebutt that units may receive additional decorations that the marine might not be made aware of, for reasons of separation, etc. If this is true, is there a place where I can get an updated record (srg, dd214) to reflect the "new" awards?
Thanks for all your help in advance. Semper Fi!
:iwo::marine:

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/

http://www.archives.gov/st-louis/military-personnel/public/awards-and-decorations.html

bigdog43701
04-27-07, 06:14 AM
check out ebay...type in usmc dress blues

Jarheadtanker
04-27-07, 06:51 AM
I tried lookng on ebay, but I find used blues. I am concerned if I purchase the tailor might not be able to hook me up because of previous tailoring. I would prefer a new set, but I hear I can't get on base since I am not retired or disabled.
Oh, BTW...
I may not fit into my old set of dress blues, (it was back in '88, and who hasn't gained a few more lbs. in muscle and a lil' extra)? ;) but I am not a disgusting "fat body"! LOL
Semper Fi!

bigdog43701
04-27-07, 07:04 AM
ok if not ebay try usmcdressblues.com they have used and new. new blouse goes for around $350. (could be dressblues.com)

Jarheadtanker
04-27-07, 08:06 AM
That was it, Bigdog!!! OOh - FRIGGIN' - RAH!!
Thanks to you and zodiac!
Now... I might need something for the cold feet....
LMAO!
Semper Fi guys!

bigdog43701
04-27-07, 08:34 AM
tanker...if you get the blues there get your brass and other items (including medals and ribbons) thru the Marine Shop. (themarineshop.com) hell of a lot cheaper. try getting your cover on ebay though. can get one complete less than $50

jerryk
04-27-07, 09:28 AM
you will need a dd form 293.can get it from a local v.a service officer

bigdog43701
04-27-07, 11:10 AM
got everything i needed (including medals and ribbons) from the Marine Shop and didn't have to send anything.