PDA

View Full Version : Last Opinion

JinxJr
04-25-07, 02:03 PM
I've been a member here for 4-1/2 years and have enjoyed the time I've spent on the site...until recently. I've noticed a disturbing trend where some Marines(?) spend more time berating each other for their opinions and being abusive than debating an issue. To keep up with what's going on in the Corps today and spend (virtual) time with fellow Marines there was no better place to be than right here but when it's allowed for anybody to engage unchecked in name calling and/or challenge the character and integrity of Marines with 40 years of his life in the Corps or challenge the opinions of a Mom or Dad member of a Marine in harms' way, the path has been paved for a downhill run. I don't want to be party to that. A Marine By God is a Marine, by God and I'll put my back against a wall with any/all of you but I won't be abused for my opinions when the heat is off or stand by when it's heaped on another. Marines don't treat each other that way. It's not within my power to influence activities here and I'm not suggesting censorship. I'm not thin-skinned...call me anything you like (you'll likely not come up with anything I haven't already been referred to as) if I've gotten out of line and given you a fair reason to do that. I'd just really like to see a little more restraint exercised before posting ridicule. Yeah, yeah, I know...if you don't like it here, work the mouse and disappear and I will now that I've rendered my last opinion.

God Bless the Corps
Semper Fi !

outlaw3179
04-25-07, 02:08 PM
Happy Trails SSGT. Semper Fi Marine.

SkilletsUSMC
04-25-07, 02:47 PM
SSGT, <br />
<br />
I know Im guilty as charged, but unfortunately even a place like leatherneck.com in not immune to this war. Call me crazy, but America is unravelling. This is by all means a war, just not...

fmoyer
04-25-07, 02:50 PM
could not agree more with you JinxJR it has been getting bad in here have thought about the same thing but said bs I'm to bull headed to quit

drumcorpssnare
04-25-07, 02:52 PM
JinxJr- Just my opinion, but I'd rather you stay here and FIGHT for what you believe in. There's a handful of Marines here that I would just love to kick square in the nuts! But instead, I do my best to share my point of view, in hopes that I might win someone over to "my side."

But hey, whatever you decide...Best Wishes.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

fmoyer
04-25-07, 03:19 PM
Hey Drum I am with you there are a few I would like to kick in the nuts also, I love it!! Wish I would have thought of that first.!!!

davblay
04-25-07, 04:23 PM
jinx, Sorry to see a platinum member go, I would love to see some of these free members with the biggest mouths go instead! Semper Fi, and I hope oyu change your mind!

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 04:47 PM
http://www.killerentertainment.com/images/Comedy%20Events/Feudal/FeudGroinKick.jpg

davecerami275
04-25-07, 05:07 PM
A 8it(hing Marine is a happy Marine, and we area REAL happy bunch

drumcorpssnare
04-26-07, 09:01 AM
jetdawgg- Where did you ever come up with that picture of 10thz (on the left) and me (on the right) ??? LOL:D

My dad used to tell me, "I'll kick you in the nuts, so hard, you'll have to swallow to take a pi$$!":banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Art Petersn
04-26-07, 11:14 AM
JinxJr from one of the older Marines on this site I sure hope you change your mind and stay with us. I think your post is long over due and it just might make a little difference. I think if things keep up the way they are going, you will not be the only one thinking of leaving some Marines behind.
JinxJr I like the way you think and I would have been proud to serve with you, but I was a little before your time. Semper Fi and good luck

mrbsox
04-26-07, 11:47 AM
Staff Sergeant,

I've drawn a near identical opinion of some threads and posters. But I also like to look into the viewpoints that are offered, just to see where the angle starts at.

I then ignore the remaining posts in that thread.

There was always somebody in the squadbay, that we just stayed away from, because we didn't enjoy their company. But it didn't make us or them less of a Marine, just one I didn't want to share a beer with.

Semper Fi !!

JinxJr
04-26-07, 12:45 PM
There were a couple of points to this exercise... #1. To vent #2. Defend a principle. Now, the guy who has been docile for over 4 years shall proceed to rant...

Leatherneck.com is the "MARINE CORPS COMMUNITY for USMC Veterans" (see top of page). That's why I came here. I take the whole "Band of Brothers" thing very seriously. There is no other place, physically or On-Line, where you can be with approximately 40,000 men and women you share a bond with that almost 300 million other Americans caan only imagine.
Whether you believe America is unraveling or not, the way to address your issues with why you believe that is NOT to challenge or even question the courage, character, integrity, intelligence and/or parentage of the very people who are here FOR you. Need to vent and render an opinion? Please do! I may wonder and ask what influenced you to develop that opinion but, that's what it is...an opinion. Right or wrong is another opinion relative to the reader and no assumption should be made to how you might interact with farm animals or not.
Fight for what I believe in? Should I have to do that here? Apparently so, for those of you who asked for it...I fight for what I believe in every day. I was raised by a Marine Korean War Vet who came back from Chosin in a body cast so I knew how to do that long before I earned "The Title". (The man is 77 years old and still rides his Gold Wing.) I'm 51 years old and spent, collectively, 21 years in a uniform. For the last 13 years I've been going to work every day to a place where young men and women train and prepare for War. I remember when I was in those boots and it pains me sometimes knowing some may not come back. I fight to ensure their training isn't compromised. As of this past Monday, 95 of MY Soldiers EAS'd to Post Everlasting! Sweet Dreams huh?
I've spent a lot of the past 12 months sleeping on the floor next to the chair of my bride of 30 years watching her die of Cancer and I fought to keep her alive by feeding her through a tube sticking out of her stomach. I lost a parent at an early age, a sibling and a child. I fight every day to ensure that what I have left outlives ME.
Don't like the current politics? Don't screw with me because you don't like my opinion. That's what your Senators and Congressmen are for. Screw with them and then go and friggin' VOTE! Left wing? Right wing? WTF? Those are PC terms to identify the people/groups you agree or disagree with the way they're used most often. You want wings? Here's two... 1) West Wing and ... 2) Buffalo Wings. Do I care what goes on in the Puzzle Palace? Absolutely and I belong to organizations that protect my interests...VFW, American Legion, Patriot Guard, etc. Do I care what goes on at KFC? Not really but what goes on there makes more sense than what goes on around the other wing. I deal with it.
The older I've gotten the more I realize that some kind of fight or other is why I get out of bed in the morning but they aren't what I come here for. I may not be the man or Marine some who frequent this place are but no one here is beneath me. I certainly do not agree with all of you and may not want to keep company with some but there are none here that I lack respect for.

Malison
04-26-07, 01:41 PM
One question. Are the Buffalo Wings mild or spicy? :sick:

Malison
04-26-07, 01:48 PM
One question. Are the Buffalo Wings mild or spicy? :sick:

Mildly inappropriate for the subject. No disrespect intended.

rb1651
04-26-07, 01:51 PM
JinxJr,

That is one of the best posts I have read on this site in quite awhile. Firmly stated, but stated in such a way that no one could possibly be offended. Well said, SSGT.

bootlace15
04-26-07, 01:54 PM
Jinx,well this is all about opinions,nothing else matters. Since you stated yours,I guess you agree its about opinions. Nonhacker? bye bye!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

yellowwing
04-26-07, 02:13 PM
SSgt, these infights wax and wane. Rarely do we have to run some one out of town. This is a Marine community and we realize meekness is not a Corps character trait in any of us.

Our oldest active member is a genuine Island Hopper Grunt. Personally, I like contributing to the next generation. Seeing a high school kid through school and then Boot Camp, and then deployment.

Stick around.

davblay
04-26-07, 02:22 PM
I could not agree more with your post jinxjr! That was the best worded post I've had the pleasure of reading on this site!

Semper Fi Marine. Keep up the good work, and may GOD bless you and your family! :thumbup::thumbup: