PDA

View Full Version : Daughters new boyfriend

davecerami275
04-25-07, 01:26 PM
I have two daughters, ages 20 and 22 and trust me i have seen some loser boyfriends between the two of them.

my youngest daughters new boyfriend comes over and i was surprised. the kid comes up the sidewalk and first thing i notice is he is actually wearing his baseball cap the way it is supposed to be worn and his pants fit him . then he comes in he removes his hat off his head. (two bonus points awarded)

the kid is in the army national guard. (insert joke here). guess that rates at three bonus points.

he works full time as an electricians helper and is going to college part time at night. (three bonus points here for the kid).

i was in the beginning stages of running electricity to my deck for lighting, and two fountains (two circuits). the kid says he would be glad to help me. he comes back the next day and we run 200 feet of conduit and wire, buried about 2 ft deep (this kid knows how to operate a shovel). five hours later we are completely done and i give the kid $ 80.00. he starts arguing with me, he will not accept the money. finally he says, " is this money for me to do as please". i tell him yes. he gives it to my daughter and tells her to call Dominoes, and tells her to keep the change (8 ponus points).

he always adresses me as mister dave and my wife as ms terry. overhead him on the phone talking to his mom and it was yes mam/ no mam to her, and prior to hanging up he says, "i love you mom" three bonus points.

my next project is a sprinkler system with 5 pop up sprinklers. the kid says let him know when i am ready and he will be there. lots of digging on this project. potential for at least 8 more bonus points.

so far i like this kid,

seMPer fi
dave

yellowwing
04-25-07, 01:30 PM
Good kid! Can he build an out door BBQ? :D

maverickmarine
04-25-07, 02:48 PM
Wow! That's freakin' outstanding to hear that some good kids are still out there. Shoot my daughter is only 5 years old and I am already worried about the boys. I clean my weapon regularly, LOL.

fmoyer
04-25-07, 03:01 PM
Just keep dreaming don't wake up !!!!

FistFu68
04-25-07, 03:05 PM
:evilgrin: I HAVE A PLAQUE THAT IS HUGE,IN MY HALLWAY AS YOU ENTER;MY HOME! IT'S LAZERED "YOU MAKE MY DAUGHTER CRY,I WILL MAKE YOU FRIGGING CRY" :scared:

fmoyer
04-25-07, 03:10 PM
I always kept copies of the rules for dating a Marines daughter handy and handed them out. But being the chief of Police kept the bums away also. Nothing like having 25 pr of eyes out there looking out for you daughter. Most of my officers were Marines.

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 03:42 PM
Luck is being prepared when opportunity arises, don't let him get away on
<S>you</S> her !

Giving is the best quality in a prospective spouse. If they are selfish, bend over it is going to bad.

My daughters first husband use to split a can of Mountain Dew with her on a date http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif, I figured he was the fist one that had a steady job, a diesel mechanic and he was a friend of my son. Being thrifty is okay by me, but she's a spendthrift. Every-time he got the mail (bills) he beat the holy crap out of her.

I was invited to her second wedding http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/23.gif, I just loaned her $4500 for the divorce attorney for that one, do you think I'll get it back ?

I knew a Mexican that had a marriage of convenience to enter the US, said afterward he divorced her, years later he went back to old Mexico and got himself a women that would make him feel like a man. Hmmm ? Maybe he knows something...

Best of luck daddy http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

GySgtRet
04-25-07, 04:17 PM
I like this kid too and I never met him. Send him up here to Virginia I have some work that needs to get done.

Semper Fi

:banana:

marinegreen
04-25-07, 04:24 PM
Myself I dont like him,he seems to clean cut...........There's got to be a inner problem waiting to come spewing forth from this kid !!
MG

killerinstinct
04-25-07, 04:34 PM
Myself I dont like him,he seems to clean cut...........There's got to be a inner problem waiting to come spewing forth from this kid !!
MG

it does seem too good to be true... just like the book from flannery o'connor, good country people... and he turned out to run off with her daughters fake leg and leave her to die in a barn after he won over her mothers heart.....

bigdog43701
04-25-07, 05:01 PM
dave...keep him, don't throw him back.

SSgt Blue
04-25-07, 05:08 PM
Sounds like a winner. Dont let him slip.

8th&I Marine
04-25-07, 06:05 PM
Find out if he cooks and cleans. We know he can operate a shovel now. Oh make sure he spends money on the daughter.

Cantrell:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-07, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a damn good catch for her....and you both....for god's sakes, don't tell her you LIKE this guy! She'll dump him in a hot minute! LOL.....

I'm the father of 2 teenage daughters....18/16....so brother...I feel your pain.. :)

rb1651
04-25-07, 08:44 PM
Dave, as the Dad of three girls, I can say this from experience. You lucky S.O.B.!!!! ;) LOL!!! Sure is good to know that there is still respect being taught to young people these days. Thanks for posting such a positive report on our youth of today. :thumbup:

rawilliams
04-25-07, 08:47 PM
Been there done that, Its also great when you have boys and they bring home some decent girl.

Zulu 36
04-25-07, 08:57 PM
I thought my oldest daughter caught a good one. That guy sounds like he's made of platinum. Does he have a belly button?

ebcole
04-25-07, 10:49 PM
Give him a chance, you can always KILL him later

fmoyer
04-26-07, 11:07 AM
great idea ebcole great way to handle the situation love it.

ggyoung
04-26-07, 11:51 AM
As a father of 3 girls and 4 boys I can tell you the girls are a big worry and the boys are a pain in the butt as they grow up. Does the boy have a brother that he can send to Utah?

FistFu68
04-26-07, 01:40 PM
:evilgrin: 'YO-'NUMBA 10,YOU BETTER STAY OUTTA MEXICO;CAUSE THAT FINE WIFE OF YOUR'S WILL SUSHI YOU'R AZZ-MARINE OR NOT!!!!:scared: SINCE I AIN'T INTO DROPPING DIMES,I'LL TELL D.W TO DO IT!!!(LMFAO):D

10thzodiac
04-26-07, 09:09 PM
:evilgrin: 'YO-'NUMBA 10,YOU BETTER STAY OUTTA MEXICO;CAUSE THAT FINE WIFE OF YOUR'S WILL SUSHI YOU'R AZZ-MARINE OR NOT!!!! SINCE I AIN'T INTO DROPPING DIMES,I'LL TELL D.W TO DO IT!!!(LMFAO):D

She didn't complain when Montezuma got me in Cancun. She only complained when he got her in Rio. http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/26.gif

chernoble kid
04-27-07, 12:52 AM
As the oldest son of 11 kids, nine of which are girls I can only hope that my sister find a guy like this! I'm already starting my gun collection to make sure that this happens!! anyone know where I can find a good deal on a 12 gauge???? :evilgrin: :iwo: