PDA

View Full Version : 92 day reserves program

pdbennette22
04-25-07, 01:22 PM
I've been speaking wiht my local recruiter about joining the Marine Corps. I want to apply for an NROTC scholarship but I hav been told that right now I would not be accepted. My recruiter told me about the 92 day reservist program and explained that it would be the best route for me to get the scholarship. I was wondering if anyone knows about this program and what it entails? In addition, can a person who is in the NROTC program be shipped out before his or her schooling is complete? Thanks for your insight!

killerinstinct
04-25-07, 01:33 PM
basically you have a set time when you need to be out of your MOS school to attend college. But what you might want to ask is speak to a officer recruiter from what i hear and this is just rumors but i think theres a program where they will pay off your student loans after you graduate and get a commision but dont quote me on that as im not familiar with many officer programs...

i think the rotc program gets you a commision so i wouldnt risk enlisting for fear of making it harder to get a commsion but im not qulaified nor am i informed enough with it to answer... best bet is to contact one of the recruiters that handle commsions

killerinstinct
04-25-07, 01:40 PM
oh but here i found this thing so i suggest you jsut go ahead and try an application and look for some more information.

https://web.mcrc.usmc.mil/G3/Officer/mcrc(on)%20main.htm