PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance

kholmes827
04-25-07, 09:56 AM
I was contacted today by someone who wants to come see me regarding security clearance. I am a Poolee scheduled to ship in August, is this normal? I asked him and he said it had to do with some outstanding credit bills. He said that I should put away two hours for the interview. This is something that I have never heard of before. Any information? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank You

rvillac2
04-25-07, 10:02 AM
Ask your recruiter ASAP. Could be a con or sales pitch.

killerinstinct
04-25-07, 10:02 AM
Depends on your MOS and what kind of security clearence and also its always easier the younger you are as there isnt much to go back and look at. I had secret but i think it was my first unit that got it done or actually i have no friggin clue but. But they probably doing a background im sure it will go well..

kholmes827
04-25-07, 10:08 AM
I am going infantry, I didn't think I needed a clearance for that? Anyway I just called my recruiter and he said it is ok and that if it does turn out to be a sales pitch or something other than Marines business just ask him to leave, which is what I would do anyways.

MGySgtSki
04-25-07, 10:13 AM
Ask your recruiter ASAP. Could be a con or sales pitch.

I agree wholeheartedly about contacting your recruiter. I just talked to a former recruiter here in the battalion and he said when he was on the streets, no clearance investigations were initiated on poolees (just the local law enforcement background check) and that security clearance investigations are begun no earlier than at the recruit depot.

Kholmes, what MOS/OCCFIELD are you contracted for?

S/F

Kegler300
04-25-07, 10:15 AM
Since 2003, MEPS/recruiters have been required to submit the NACLC request on ALL Marines, not just those which require it by MOS. Unfortunately, here we are four years later, and they only do it about 25-50 percent of the time.

kholmes827
04-25-07, 10:18 AM
Sir I am contracted for 0311 Infantry

kholmes827
04-25-07, 10:19 AM
What kind of sales pitch or con could this be? Besides it being a legitimate investigation.

MGySgtSki
04-25-07, 10:26 AM
Since 2003, MEPS/recruiters have been required to submit the NACLC request on ALL Marines, not just those which require it by MOS. Unfortunately, here we are four years later, and they only do it about 25-50 percent of the time.

Master Guns,

Is this the credit check NACLC? I found a couple of different breakouts for that acronym. If so, I guess it would make sense that's why kholmes is getting contacted regarding credit bills. I would just hate to see a potential Marine get ruined by identity theft of someone posing as an investigator before they even step on the yellow footprints. What a headache for that poolie and their future command if that ever happens.

Kholmes, my advice to you would be that when the investigator shows up, ensure you have a good look at his credentials and be wary if anything seems out of place.

S/F

kholmes827
04-25-07, 10:29 AM
Sir I will be sure to ask for credentials and then contact my recruiter to check them before I proceed. I really appreciate the help and I will proceed with caution.

davblay
04-25-07, 10:30 AM
My Clearance was SECRET, and they didn't talk to me, ever! They did all the back ground and interviewed all people of authority in my life, etc.. I have no idea about his, follow your recruiters advise!

Kegler300
04-25-07, 10:30 AM
Yes, it's the National Agency Check, Local Agency Check and Credit (NACLC). It's now the standard investigation for all Marines, and also used by DONCAF to determine eligibility for a secret security clearance.

Kegler300
04-25-07, 10:33 AM
My Clearance was SECRET, and they didn't talk to me, ever! They did all the back ground and interviewed all people of authority in my life, etc.. I have no idea about his, follow your recruiters advise!

You will not be contacted by an investigator unless their are issues or questions about foreign born relatives, criminal records, credit problems, etc.

MGySgtSki
04-25-07, 10:37 AM
Yes, it's the National Agency Check, Local Agency Check and Credit (NACLC). It's now the standard investigation for all Marines, and also used by DONCAF to determine eligibility for a secret security clearance.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm very familiar with DONCAF (Being in the 2600 occfield....I see you were once at Co L MatSptBn in Rota, so you're familiar with our field), but I had never heard the NACLC acronym used.

S/F

Kegler300
04-25-07, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I'm very familiar with DONCAF (Being in the 2600 occfield....I see you were once at Co L MatSptBn in Rota, so you're familiar with our field), but I had never heard the NACLC acronym used.

S/F

When I was with CoL, MarSptBn, we were located at the NSGA in GTMO. Spent a year there from 85-86.

MGySgtSki
04-25-07, 10:52 AM
When I was with CoL, MarSptBn, we were located at the NSGA in GTMO. Spent a year there from 85-86.

Sorry about that. I don't know why I typed in Rota when I meant GTMO. Went there a couple of times for Haiti contingency stuff out of Lejeune, but was never stationed there. They moved Co L to the states about 8 or 9 years ago.

S/F