PDA

View Full Version : Jessica Lynch - Pentagon 'Told A Pack Of Lies About Me'

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:42 AM
U.S. soldier hailed for bravery in Iraq says Pentagon spin doctors made it all up <br />
<br />
By DAVID GARDNER - More by this author » Last updated at 10:31am on 25th April 2007 <br />
<br />
The American military has...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-07, 06:59 PM
At least she's cute.

And, it was rather well known by those who keep up with these things that she wasn't a 'hero' shortly after her return.

Again, the point of re-gurgitating all of this is.....WHAT exactly?

jetdawgg
04-26-07, 08:37 AM
Congressional oversight by the democrats. They are doing as they were elected to do on some fronts. A gov't that is responsive to the people is what we should all strive for.:usmc:

yellowwing
04-26-07, 09:24 AM
The Pentagon would be foolish if they did not have a contingency plan on Tillman. It sounds like they jammed the facts to fit the plan.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-26-07, 09:54 AM
"Congressional oversight". "By the democrats". That...would be all well and good if this story had NEVER come out before. I'd buy the theory then. But, it has. Multiple times.

Just political grandstanding.

rktect3j
04-26-07, 09:58 AM
"Congressional oversight". "By the democrats". That...would be all well and good if this story had NEVER come out before. I'd buy the theory then. But, it has. Multiple times.

Just political grandstanding.
I agree. Everyone knew she was not a hero in the rambo style. She survived. We know this already. Really, we do. The same about Tillman. Been out now for quit some time so why drag it into the front of the line?

Political grandstanding for one.

Also, to use as a tool against the wars to help the agenda of bringing our troops home, also known as "cut N run".

Damm, you people think the right is made up of a bunch of sheeple. How's the feed tasting over there?

Sgt Leprechaun
04-26-07, 10:02 AM
LOL.

I'd agree. Just let some dem 'stray from the reservation' and see how "inclusive" the party is these days. Back in the days of yore, there were good conservative dems that you could vote for. Even 'liberal' Republicans. All of them loved their country and were proud of it.

Today? It's the 'love that dare not speak it's name' in the demo party. LOL. Bein a homo is ok, but don't say you Love America! Or wear a flag lapel pin. Or say the country was right about something. That would be 'jingoistic' (no, not picking on you Jet, but the word is frequently used by those on the hard left, as I've said, as some sort of weird insult).

Thus, we have today what we have.

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
04-26-07, 10:03 AM
You have to give her credit, she did correct the "SPIN" the Washington propaganda-meisters put on her combat experience.

rktect3j
04-26-07, 10:13 AM
I think that is what gets into the lefts craw. The left is made up of a large group of sub groups all with varying ideas on whatever theme. This gives them the impression that they don't tow the line, even though they really are towing A line. The right is not so loose in it's ideas. They tend to agree with each other, in general, about what, how and when on many ideas. To the left that makes the right seem jingoistic or line towers.

I view it more as such.

When I look into the sky and I see very few clouds I can say that it is a sunny day. Most of the people I know will agree. To the left this is towing the line because we all agree that it is in fact a sunny day. But the leftys would rather all complain about how the few couds out there obstruct the suns rays and that global warming has a part in it as well as the Chinese who are now seeding rain clouds. And maybe in fact there really are too many clouds in the sky probably because of these damm airplanes. And so on and so forth until each one of them is confused enough to make the final consensus that even though there are a few clouds out there it is in fact a nice day, but at least they didn''t tow the line.

Sometimes a group of people can all believe the same thing because it just makes sense. The sky is blue. Water is wet. Ice is cold. I suppose I am just towing another line here. Somebody stop me.

DougRagan
04-27-07, 03:05 AM
Finding more and more info about Lynch and Tillman leads me to believe that this was a cluster long before it got to the Pentagon.

The media jumped on the Lynch story and started making claims. The papers were quoting "un-named sources" left and right. When the actual military started making statements, those statements were lost in the shuffle because the media realized it had embarrassed itself by posting the wrong info. We all know how the media posts its retractions a month later on page 48.

Tillman seems to be another matter. The people on the ground may have made some very bad calls. It appears that the calls were made to give relief to the Tillman family, remember that he served alongside his own brother. It was the wrong way to go of course. One interesting point that doesn't get discussed however is that the reason he was killed by friendly fire was due to a local fighter who was dressed up like a Taliban fighter. Tillman was patrolling with this fighter as they were flanking real Taliban fighters. US troops thought that he was Taliban and started shooting at him, killing Tillman. Perhaps part of the coverup was due to the command not wanting to release info about them working alongside people who could be used as spys.