PDA

View Full Version : Reid, Pelosi, Levin Have Blood on Their Hands

jinelson
04-25-07, 09:35 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/204547.jpg

9 Paratroopers Die in Suicide Attack; Reid, Pelosi, Levin Have Blood on Their Hands

Al-Qaida-in-Iraq, the Islamic-extremist group that lately is enjoying an elevated status in the world of terrorism thanks to Senate Democrats Harry Reid and Carl Levin, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, is claiming 'credit' for a suicide truck bombing that killed nine U.S. paratroopers and wounded 20 in Iraq Monday, April 23.

It was the deadliest attack on ground forces since Dec. 1, 2005, when a roadside bomb killed 10 Marines and wounded 11 on a foot patrol near Fallujah, and marks an escalation in tactics used by the terrorists.

According to numerous statements from Reid and his cohorts in Congress, US troops have been wasting their time in Iraq, fighting people who aren't Al Qaida terrorists, but instead represent competing factions within the Muslim religion, in short, a religious civil war. However, news reports said the statement taking credit for the attack came from The Islamic State of Iraq, an insurgent umbrella group that includes terrorists such as Al Qaida.

The statement said it sent "two knights" in explosive laden dump trucks into the base, a highly unusual action for terrorists fighting America's armed forces. The first truck exploded, knocking a hole in the building's defenses, and the second truck then drove into the building before it too exploded.

"The first knight exploded his truck on them and he was followed by his brother in the second truck, exploding it on what remains from the soldiers inside the headquarters," the terrorists' statement said.

The victims were all members of the Army's 82nd Airborne Division. Military spokesmen have said that 15 of the 20 troops who were injured returned to duty.

"Almighty God has guided the soldiers of the Islamic State of Iraq to new methods of explosions," according to the statement on the terrorists' web site. Apparently Reid and Almighty God have been collaborating on how to employ new tactics to best advantage in Iraq, and when to use them for maximum political impact in the US.

It doesn't take an expert on military tactics to figure out that recent statements from Reid, Levin and Pelosi that the war in Iraq has been "lost" by America and its allies, emboldened the terrorists to use the new and more dramatic tactics. Congressional Democrats use near daily press conferences to showcase every enemy action and bombing as proof of their point of view.

In fact, virtually all of the discussions on the conduct of the war including the number of American casualties, the number of troops America is employing, where they are to be stationed, and when, are held at news conferences or Congressional hearing rooms rather than closed-door meetings where terrorists would not have access. Rather, what should be classified discussions on the conduct of the war are broadcast live to a world-wide audience including the terrorists who use them as intelligence gathering opportunities.

The use of a suicide bomber in a direct assault against U.S. forces was unusual because terrorists, who according to reliable reports are being killed at a rate at least ten times that of coalition forces, usually rely on remotely detonated roadside bombs and hit-and-run attacks. Superior firepower and tactics used by Americans and other coalition forces regularly result in heavy terrorist casualties.

However, it is rare that the news organizations covering the fighting in Iraq reveal any information on terrorist casualties. Print, electronic and Internet news reports from Iraq over the past week have discussed numerous clashes and bombings and are pinpoint specific about coalition casualties, but contain no information on terrorist casualties.

There is no doubt in my mind that the renewed vigor and change in tactics by the terrorists is a direct result of Congressional interference in the conduct of the war. This includes messages of support directly to the terrorist forces in the near-daily news conferences, ongoing efforts to undermine America's current offensive by attempting to set withdrawal deadlines and funding cut-offs, and issuance of statements that discourage troop morale while simultaneously invigorating the terrorists.

There is no doubt in my mind that the non-stop pro-terrorist rhetoric from Reid, Levin, Pelosi, their supporters and Republican turncoats is working to invigorate and inform the terrorists. When the ongoing offensive began for instance, terrorist forces, including their leader Muqtada Al Sadr, fled as fast as they could, with Al Sadr going into hiding in Iran.

But Congressional Democrats have waged an intense disinformation campaign ever since the so-called "Surge" began, giving the impression that American troops will soon be gone, and in recent days attacks on Americans, other coalition forces and Iraqi civilians have intensified.

Reid, Pelosi and Levin can spin this any way they want and employ an army of apologists to try to deflect blame from them. But I have no doubt that the attack on the 82nd Airborne troops and the recent escalation by the terrorists is a direct result of their public statements.

Maybe when the bodies of the brave paratroopers who died in Iraq Monday are brought home for burial, Reid will tear himself away from the Washington media spotlight, or his vast real estate holdings in Nevada to attend every single funeral. There he can explain to the troops and the families of the deceased exactly why he is sending regular messages of support and encouragement to the enemy that caused their deaths.

I have visited Fort Bragg where the 82nd Airborne is based, and knew several members of that elite force many years ago. If today's paratroopers are anything like their predecessors, I am sure that Senator Reid, and anyone who accompanies him, such as Levin, Pelosi and their supporters, will be greeted and dealt with appropriately.

yellowwing
04-25-07, 09:43 AM
Accountability and goals, why is that so a unpatriotic? An Administratrion with no accountability, do you really want to hand that to Hillary in 08?

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:50 AM
Yellowwing, 'stay the course' is the republican mantra

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:54 AM
Yellowwing, 'stay the course' is the republican mantra
Until the left or right comes up with a viable and realistic alternative I'll stick with stay the course. I know that sounds bad but we started this war and we will have to finish it.

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 10:04 AM
Until the left or right comes up with a viable and realistic alternative I'll stick with stay the course. I know that sounds bad but we started this war and we will have to finish it.

At any cost huh?

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 10:17 AM
Until the left or right comes up with a viable and realistic alternative I'll stick with stay the course. I know that sounds bad but we started this war
I don't believe you said it, we started this war http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

and "we" will have to finish it.

Are you pregnant or do you have a mouse in your pocket "we" ? Some poor grunt will have to stay the course ! Is that what you really want ?

10th http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif

JinxJr
04-25-07, 12:50 PM
I don't think "we" started this war but I do think "we" would be farther ahead with it if these nitwits ---> Reid, Pelosi & Levin had half an ounce of sense. The article is right on the money...
"There is no doubt in my mind that the renewed vigor and change in tactics by the terrorists is a direct result of Congressional interference in the conduct of the war."
"In fact, virtually all of the discussions on the conduct of the war including the number of American casualties, the number of troops America is employing, where they are to be stationed, and when, are held at news conferences or Congressional hearing rooms rather than closed-door meetings where terrorists would not have access."
"Reid, Pelosi and Levin can spin this any way they want and employ an army of apologists to try to deflect blame from them. But I have no doubt that the attack on the 82nd Airborne troops and the recent escalation by the terrorists is a direct result of their public statements."

yellowwing
04-25-07, 01:01 PM
"But I have no doubt that the attack on the 82nd Airborne troops and the recent escalation by the terrorists is a direct result of their public statements." - Now that sounds like political hogwash if anything. Its war. Despite what Limbaugh and Coulter claim, Reid does not have a Al Qaeda email target list. Use your, head man. Sh*t and Shinola, you know the difference.

Senator Reid is passing on target info to kill Americans. Do you really think that is true?

rktect3j
04-25-07, 01:03 PM
Until the left or right comes up with a viable and realistic alternative I'll stick with stay the course. I know that sounds bad but we started this war
I don't believe you said it, we started this war http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/11.gif

and "we" will have to finish it.

Are you pregnant or do you have a mouse in your pocket "we" ? Some poor grunt will have to stay the course ! Is that what you really want ?

10th http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/22.gif
I'm sorry 10th. Let me rephrase this.

It's al-qaidas fault we are there but the right will triumph over evil.

or

The left started this war and the right will have to finish it.

Or how about.

Them muslim bastards started this war and the Americans will have to finish it.

or

Saddam had it coming so we went to overthrow an evil dictator for the good of all.

Wait, wait, I know.

Them thar people didn't deserve this so lets get our boys back ASAP, cuz it wasn't us to begin with.

Now, which version are you going with today because no matter how it (the whole kit n caboodle) gets sliced up, we (as in America) need to leave there (Iraq) with it ( the situation as is) in some sort of "normal" shape.

drumcorpssnare
04-25-07, 01:35 PM
There has been a great deat of discussion lately between the "stay the course" faction, and the "cut and run" faction. Some of it rather nasty in nature.
The "stay the course" camp says we should continue to weed out and destroy the insurgents who continue to kill innocent people. We should continue to treat the law abiding Iraqi's with respect and dignity. We should continue to assist the democratic political process, and help out with humanitarian aid, and rebuilding of the country's infrastructure. In short, we need to "finish the job."

The folks from the "cut and run" group have said little more than that. "We need to bring our troops home."

Nice.

I, like many of you, have been right in the middle of this debate. I have asked, begged, implored, cajoled the "cut and run" side to share their thoughts on a plan that would succeed in bringing stability to Iraq, with a fair chance for their democracy to take hold, and include the staged return of our troops back home (without tipping our hand to the enemy).
I have also asked for the anticipated consequences of the "cut and run" plan.
Honestly, all I have seen is a bunch of 'cut&paste' hogwash.

I also think there are those who think we should stay and finish the job, who are willing to listen to a reasonable plan from those who think we should leave Iraq.
On the other side of the coin, my feeling is that the "cut and run" folks are not the least interested in discussing a plan to finish the job. They seem to want to close their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and pout.

I know there are a lot of intelligent Marines out there. Any chance our two factions can find some common ground? Just wondering?

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-07, 07:10 PM
Doubtfull that common ground will be found. I do agree there should be some sort of workable plan, or, exit strategy, if you will, but "we are going to pullout by 1 October 2007", ain't it.

semperfi170
04-25-07, 07:32 PM
We are now seeing the same controversies that happened during Nam!!! Isn't it amazing how history repeats itself. One of the chief architects of defeat at any cost is still in Congress -- that fat as*, murderer and abuser of women --the infamous teddy sh*thead Kennedy!:devious: Reid and the rest of them including the aforementioned idiot need to shut up or put up. Of course most if not all of the loyal opposition don't care as it isn't their sons or daughters in harm's way. I can say one thing Senator Jim Webb -- his son is serving and Jim Webb has BTDT.