PDA

View Full Version : Looking for anyone from Platoon 3304

dmdenike
04-24-07, 05:31 PM
My dad went to bootcamp on 8 January 1979....completed on 20 March 1979. He went to Parris Island Third Battalion Platoon 3304. I was flipping through his yearbook and wondering if anyone on here went to MCRD-PI with him. Please let me know. His name is David J. Denike.

His Drill Instructors where as follows:
MSgt. Kmiecik
GySgt. Rodgers
SSgt. Kase
SSgt. Amos
SSgt. Klott
Sgt. Ryan

HeritageSoftail
09-08-07, 11:44 PM
Sorry I did not know your Dad but I was in 3rd battalion Platoon 3021 right after he graduated in March of 1979. Staff Sergeant Klott was one of my drill instructors and Gysgt Rodgers was my series Drill instructor.

A funny story you can tell your Dad about Klott...one night on firewatch in 3rd phase (2 weeks before graduation) this other recruit on firewatch with me named Connors went into the head with his dress tie. He proceeded to tie it around his neck and called me into the head to show me how it looked. I guess our chatting woke up klott because he came into the head in his skivvies. He takes one look at Connors and looks at me and says "Do you like him Carson?" I replied "No sir, not particularily" He tells me "Grab that tie and tighten it" I proceeded to pull on it until Connors face was red. He them tells me "Swing him around with it"..so I then proceeded to drag him around the head while this recruit was gagging. Klott says "Good job Carson"..."Now get the ^#%&# out of the head and walk your post". He then proceeded to quarterdeck Connors for 20 mins...lol

SSGT Klott was the best Drill Instructor in our Company and was fair with everyone. Two tours in Nam, both in combat. I would like to talk to him again. Tell your dad I said Semper Fi.