PDA

View Full Version : From an Angry Marine

jetdawgg
04-24-07, 02:31 PM
http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/309485032.html

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse ****? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that f@cking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

It's not just the 'leftists' at home or those that did not serve in Iraq:flag:

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 02:54 PM
The title says "From an Angry soldier", yet she claims she was a Marine and then drops the soldier bomb a few more times.

Something smells fake here. Craigslist isnt exactly a good place to get your news. Even more trolls there than here.

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 02:56 PM
They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for <S style="text-line-through: double">one's country </S><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><B><ST1:pIraq. </ST1:pBut in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
Ernerst Hemmingway
</st1:country-region>

drumcorpssnare
04-24-07, 03:00 PM
jetdawgg- My heart goes out to this wife of a Marine who died in Iraq. I suspect her anguish is the same as that of the wives of Marines who were killed at Belleau Wood, Haiti, Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Inchon, Chosin, Hue City, Da Nang, Desert Storm, etc.
There is never joy in young men dying in combat. Never. But it's the nature of the beast.
There seems to be a growing "insurgency" on Leatherneck.com against this war. Hey, as Americans, we are free to express our opinions, and even criticize our govt. without fear of reprisal.

As for me, I have spoken face to face with many veterans who have served one, two, or three deployments to Iraq. Marine Corps and Army. ALL OF THEM told me they wanted to be there, and would willingly go back. All of them said they can see the progress that is being made. All of them said they are sickened and disgusted by the slanted, leftist defeatism reporting of the media, and the Democrats.
I am more prone to "believe" the boots on the ground, as opposed to taking as "gospel" what someone else wrote, about what they heard from someone, who's next door neighbor heard, was there.

drumcorpssnare:usmc:

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 03:03 PM
One more thing. If she really is a Marine, due to her gender it is 99.9% likely tht she is a FOBBIT and never spent a day outside the wire. So what the hell does SHE know?

FOBBIT: military personel with no tactical significance.

GunsUp
04-24-07, 03:29 PM
Wow!! She sure was quick to post her grief and anger on the net... Maybe NBC or CNN would've been a better place to post that and not craig'slist. I agree with Skillets, I think it's probably a troll...

Again, we come to the issue of people signing contracts, committing to the military, and duty. Both her and her husband knew all the risks and dangers that come from being in the military, especially the Corps, as Marines, we have always been at the sharp end of America's bayonet. Sometimes people should think their positions before they start cashing checks and accepting benefits.

No matter what we do, bad things happen to everyone.

killerinstinct
04-24-07, 04:00 PM
HAHA... i liked best how she said she wont tell her her schild that his father died for no reason yet she is saying he did..

also 1.. the kid probalby isnt his

2. shes probably ****ed off because the SGLI was 10% to her and 90 to his parents.

3.. i think shes a bit hormonal

003XXMarineDAD
04-24-07, 04:30 PM
As a father of a Marine that has been in the sand box once I'am getting pretty damn tired of your posts that do nothing but stir the pot. <br />
My son is getting ready to go again and has no problem with...

DROD
04-24-07, 04:35 PM
Sounds like BS to me!

outlaw3179
04-24-07, 05:13 PM
That was complet bull****. Skillets already made all the good points , the exact same ones I was thinking as I was reading the stupid article from the bay area. ( land of the fruits might I add) . Gay. If you believe this **** your a f*cking idiot. But also this . What kind of point were you trying to make ?

"Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that ****ing hell hole, SHUT THE F*CK UP! " by Disgruntled Commie *****.

Ok so i guess this goes to Jetdawg and 10z. Thats the only thing I got out of that. Besides that it wasnt written by a Marine, and I seriously dout that it was even written by anyone in the actual military.

davblay
04-24-07, 05:40 PM
With all due respect, sir, I am fairly new on this site and I have read most of your threads and replies. What I see in your profile is nothing to indicate that you have ever served in our Corps, or...

ggyoung
04-24-07, 06:49 PM
If this is true and I don't know if it is or not. I would say nobody knows for sure. If it is true there are a bunch of people owe this wife a apulage(sp it is bad today). If not true then keep at it. That is just what I think.35-40 years from now when your sons are going to some hot spot to fight a war you just might think things through before talking. Then you will know what you mother, father or wife thinks.

davblay
04-24-07, 08:52 PM
If this is true and I don't know if it is or not. I would say nobody knows for sure. If it is true there are a bunch of people owe this wife a apulage(sp it is bad today). If not true then keep at it. That is just what I think.35-40 years from now when your sons are going to some hot spot to fight a war you just might think things through before talking. Then you will know what you mother, father or wife thinks.

Let me be the first to do so! Your profile says you are a 63 year old Male! Your Avitar says you are a Marine! My computer doesn't know any better, other than to show what's there! If you are a Widow, My condolances. But I wasn't directing it towards anyone individual!

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 08:58 PM
I wish they had the INTERNET and jetdawgg's before I signed up to be cannon fodder ! At least then I could of made and informed decision not a brainwashed one !!! <br />
<br />
Uninformed is the same as...

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 09:24 PM
With all due respect, sir, I am fairly new on this site and I have read most of your threads and replies. What I see in your profile is nothing to indicate that you have ever served in our Corps, or any other branch. So, even though I may agree with your statements, I am wondering what gives you the right to bad mouth a Marine? I am sorry to sound like an azz, but I just don't see the revelence of your opinion here! I, as a Marine, would and did fight for your right to express your opinion, but not on a Marine Corps site!

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but it just don't seem right to share with anyone that has not walked the walk, and should not Talk the Talk!
My Father had three sons in the Corps and one in the Army at the same time! He didn't think that made him an equal to the servicemen and women we served with.

Again, with all due respect, sir, explain where you feel you have the right! If I am over stepping my bounds here, forgive me, I was just wondering. When you join in on a Marine bashing----- well I am just confused, that's all! Also telling a Marine to go away from this site!! I have just noticed that there aren't many other parents as active as you are on this site, they post and ask questions, but that's it. Of course you are welcome to be here, I may not understand the rules very well ( and I am a platinum member), so if I am wrong, I am sorry.

I wish only good luck to your son and hope his deployment goes well. I hope that his trip will be the last for any of our people. I understand your concern, but---well I just thought that Marines were allowed to express some of the things you have gotten involved in over the past few days!

I am a Marine that supports the service people 100% and am very proud of the forces we have. I feel that we have the most pwerful, best trained, best motivated people we have ever had in any war. So don't take me wrong here, ok?

I am just curious, that's all!

With all due respect to you davblay, 03xxMarineDad speaks on behalf of his son, and does more to support our Marine Brothers than most of us here. He may not be a Marine, but he is a willing participant in the struggle, so his word mean something to me.

Here he is in action.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/HPIM0332.jpg

ggyoung
04-24-07, 09:41 PM
On my post above I was talking to everybody and nobody. I serverd my time in hell 26 months in Vietnam with Whiskey 3/12 4.2 in mortars 1964-66 and again with Hotel 3/11 and Alfa 3rd M.P. 1969-70. I have my 2 youngst sons on active duty. My Navy son is a lifer and now it looks like my Marine son is going to also. When you have seen the beast and then have your youngst sons go to see the beast you come away thinking a little different than most others. Now don't get me wrong I'm surport my sons first, then the rest. I still beleave we are in a good fight at this time.

davblay
04-24-07, 10:28 PM
With all due respect to you davblay, 03xxMarineDad speaks on behalf of his son, and does more to support our Marine Brothers than most of us here. He may not be a Marine, but he is a willing participant in the struggle, so his word mean something to me.

I simply asked a question! I knew this would stir ****, but I did it anyways, must have had a brain fart! I really don't give a damn what you or others say about my post, if is irrevelent to the question! There are too many people that take a simple question and make a big issue out of it! Move on Marine, Move on!

I just thought that this was for Marines to vent with each other, and of course, when appropriate, the Poolees and Families! I don't like it when someone contributes to a MArine argument, that has not been there. That would be like you, or I, giving advice to the POPE!

I respect him and all parents, I had no malice in my question or comments, I simply asked a question! If you, or anyone else, can answer it I would appreciate it. I don't know the rules for this Site that well as, like I said, I am fairly new to this site!

I would think that if the moderators thought I was out of line they would have called me on it! I would have expected no less as they seem fair to me!

Semper Fi, Marine!

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 10:30 PM
davblay,

No one was freaking out over your post, just adding our own 2 cents.

davblay
04-24-07, 10:32 PM
davblay,

No one was freaking out ovr your post, just adding our own 2 cents.

Your 2 cents don't answer my question! I didn't ask for anyones 2 cents! I think I made my point in the last post! It's a simple question! I am new and want to know.

davblay
04-24-07, 10:35 PM

Sorry Marine, but you can see how I mistook you for a wife! I don't know you, yet. Sorry, my bad!:confused:

003XXMarineDAD
04-24-07, 10:51 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/dparris/DSC00092.jpg

To those Marines I may have offended by standing up to the antiwar anti troop bile that has been posted on here the last few weeks by some. TOUGH! No I have never served,But if serving is the main thing in someones book to love this country and show it by supporting our troops. I guess I would have no right to stand up for my son and all those serving now or in the past.

10th I wish they would have internet back then to , maybe the media would have not turned on the troops and called the Tet offensive win for the north and it was a lost cause.
All of you veitnam veterans know you did not lose the war but we did here at home.
Does that start to sound familiar,That is all we have heard since we went into Iraq, its Bush's veitnam from the new crop of Uncle walter's in the media and the Democrats that are proving my sign correct.
To those Marines that want to not support our troops but continue to post the talking points of the leftwing web sites I feel I have the right to respond.
I do it not for me but for those that serve.
I thank you all for this chance to respond
To those that I respect God bless.

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 10:53 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/dparris/DSC00092.jpg

To those Marines I may have offended by standing up to the antiwar anti troop bile that has been posted on here the last few weeks by some. TOUGH! No I have never served,But if serving is the main thing in someones book to love this country and show it by supporting our troops. I guess I would have no right to stand up for my son and all those serving now or in the past.

10th I wish they would have internet back then to , maybe the media would have not turned on the troops and called the Tet offensive win for the north and it was a lost cause.
All of you veitnam veterans know you did not lose the war but we did here at home.
Does that start to sound familiar,That is all we have heard since we went into Iraq, its Bush's veitnam from the new crop of Uncle walter's in the media and the Democrats that are proving my sign correct.
To those Marines that want to not support our troops but continue to post the talking points of the leftwing web sites I feel I have the right to respond.
To those that I respect God bless.

BRAVO!!!:thumbup:

davblay
04-24-07, 11:16 PM
Sir, I never questioned your motivation,loyalty or your patriotism! I simply asked a Question. I didn't ask for your credentials! I don't question that. I have noticed that some of the Marines on this site are quick to jump on some people for posting inappropriatley (sp) and seem to over look the ones that are posting the way they want them to! I just think this site should be equal, that's all and I asked a question that has not been answered yet!

As a Paid member I feel I have the right to ask questions when I don't know the answer! That was an impressive post, BTW, but like I said, "with all due respect" to you as a parent, I still would like to know the answer to my question, and the Marines are not answering me!

I never intented to offend you, sorry if I did.

semperfi170
04-24-07, 11:17 PM
003XXMarineDad:

Keep speaking up and out! :thumbup: My Dad during Vietnam was asked more than once why his son would volunteer to serve instead of taking advantage of his 2S deferrment. He told those people and others that he was proud of me and supported all those serving. He was part of the "greatest generation" and served in the Navy during WWII. I have no doubt he would support your actions and right to speak out on behalf of our service men and women as well as voicing your opinion here as the Dad of a Marine. If I am ever out your way, I would be honored to shake your hand and tell you Semper Fi for keeping the faith with your son.:usmc:

yellowwing
04-24-07, 11:24 PM
The original posted letter starts with
"I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm ****ed off enough to do it right."

Remember the bereaved father that set fire to the Notification Detail govt van? Folks handle this grief in different ways.

As far as authenticity, I can't find any back trail except other sites pointing back to Craigs List.

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 11:25 PM
Sir, I never questioned your motivation,loyalty or your patriotism! I simply asked a Question. I didn't ask for your credentials! I don't question that. I have noticed that some of the Marines on this site are quick to jump on some people for posting inappropriatley (sp) and seem to over look the ones that are posting the way they want them to! I just think this site should be equal, that's all and I asked a question that has not been answered yet!

As a Paid member I feel I have the right to ask questions when I don't know the answer! That was an impressive post, BTW, but like I said, "with all due respect" to you as a parent, I still would like to know the answer to my question, and the Marines are not answering me!

I never intented to offend you, sorry if I did.

I know you didnt want my 2 cents, but heres 2 more;)

This is a MARINE CORPS site right? When has FAIR ever made a difference in the Corps?

Cha CHING!
http://www.calhoungolf.com/two%20cents%20pix.jpg

davblay
04-24-07, 11:51 PM
skillets, when I feel really down you come up with this ****! Thanks, and you owe me a beer! :beer: LMAO!!

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 11:53 PM
skillets, when I feel really down you come up with this ****! Thanks, and you owe me a beer! LMAO!!

No prob davbaly... drinks are on me all night :beer: :beer:.......:sick:

DobbinsBlythe
04-25-07, 12:27 AM
Ok, here's the spouse's point of view:
1. If my husband was coming home in a box from the sandbox and I was angry, I wouldn't be posting on a website, I'd be writing to my congressman.

2. I'm a spouse, not a Marine.. and I would still say Marine instead of Soldier. (??!?!?!????)

3. I'd be grieving, taking care of funeral preparations, informing friends and family, and making plans as to how I'd be taking care of everything... instead of writing on the internet.

I totally don't believe that this is a real post from a real Marine or a real Marine's spouse. I have sympathy for anyone who lost anyone, but I don't have sympathy for liars who have too much time on their hands who feel the need to make up random stories to bash political decisions. Bashing political decisions should be done on a professional logical level instead of by entangling more lies without substance.

If she ever reads this, i'm sorry for your loss if you really did lose someone.
CONCENTRATE ON FIXING THE PROBLEM AND STOP RANTING!

God Bless

rktect3j
04-25-07, 08:15 AM
I'd hate for that to be true, although shiat happens unfortunatly, but in todays world of cut and paste internet propaganda I'm betting against this one.

Feed your koolaid to someone else.

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:02 AM
Sir as a Marine, I can honestly state that you are off base on this one. This is America. No matter how you feel about that, it still is. <br />
<br />
As a Marine, I am a hell raiser. What do you think...

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 10:35 AM
:usmc: :usmc:

Thanks Marine

davblay
04-25-07, 10:53 AM
I guess my question was answered after all! Thanks Ellie!

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 11:18 AM
The original posted letter starts with
"I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm ****ed off enough to do it right."

Remember the bereaved father that set fire to the Notification Detail govt van? Folks handle this grief in different ways.

As far as authenticity, I can't find any back trail except other sites pointing back to Craigs List.

I remember that one.

I also recall a S&C clerk, Corporal Balthazar in Battalion Headquarters 2/12 in the mid-sixties telling me when on he was assigned to Burial Details he presented a flag to a fallen Marine's mother and she spit on it and jump into the grave with her son. The way he told it, he made it sound as if it was funny.

We didn't care for each other. Our offices were right across from each other in battalion.

One night when I had Duty NCO, army MP paratrooper's (We were on their base, Camp Sukeran) brought him to me drunk and ornery. If I only had presence of mind that night, I should of refused him and had the paratroopers take him down the hill to our Regimental O.D. where he had no battalion friends.

JinxJr
04-25-07, 01:04 PM

Here he is in action.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/HPIM0332.jpg

Agreed! :thumbup:

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 03:56 PM
Agreed! :thumbup:

Hias word may mean something to some, but to others his character is totally out of manner.

Having never been a Marine and then to wrongly attempt to call one (Marine) out and question my intestinal fortitude is clearly a mistake and an apology is due.

To come to this board and post as I do takes more courage than it does to agree with the right wing content of this site. :usmc:

jryanjack
04-25-07, 04:07 PM
Jet,

I don't see how your intestinal fortitude is being questioned by anyone, maybe I missed it, but I don't see it.

I also do not see how it takes courage to state your opinion on a website regardless of what your opinion is. There is no risk of physical harm, no imminent danger, and no combat pay for posting anything on any website that I am aware of.

Personally, I think that we all need to respect each other's opinions regardless of who they are - MarineDad has as much of a right to be here and voice his opinion as you and I do - while he may not hold the title, the parents of all Marines, in my opinion at least, are part of the family.

davblay
04-25-07, 04:12 PM
Hias word may mean something to some, but to others his character is totally out of manner.

Having never been a Marine and then to wrongly attempt to call one (Marine) out and question my intestinal fortitude is clearly a mistake and an apology is due.

To come to this board and post as I do takes more courage than it does to agree with the right wing content of this site. :usmc:
My point exactly!:thumbup: Did you notice that Ellie deleted a Marine wife because she was not a Marine? ;)

SkilletsUSMC
04-25-07, 04:12 PM

Yeah, you are so brave to troll leatherneck.com:thumbdown

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 04:13 PM
Do you notice how few Marines post here on the 'left'? That should tell you something particularly when the poll on the front page tells you that many feel the troop surge won't work. <br />
<br />
That man...

davblay
04-25-07, 04:14 PM
Jet,

I don't see how your intestinal fortitude is being questioned by anyone, maybe I missed it, but I don't see it.

I also do not see how it takes courage to state your opinion on a website regardless of what your opinion is. There is no risk of physical harm, no imminent danger, and no combat pay for posting anything on any website that I am aware of.

Personally, I think that we all need to respect each other's opinions regardless of who they are - MarineDad has as much of a right to be here and voice his opinion as you and I do - while he may not hold the title, the parents of all Marines, in my opinion at least, are part of the family.

See my last post!;)

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 04:30 PM
Yeah, you are so brave to troll leatherneck.com:thumbdown

USA - Land of the Brave and Home of the Free

003XXMarineDAD
04-25-07, 04:50 PM

To those that I respect God bless.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 04:58 PM
Sir once again you do have the right to respond. What you don't have the right to do is call a Marine out and challenge me as not being a 'hard charger'. <br />
<br />
How can you even imply something like...

Dave Coup
04-25-07, 05:45 PM
How about a little respect from all hands? I plead guilty to having been as bad as some and maybe worse than others. I also pledge to cease and desist from negative comments re a persons Patriotism, courage etc. I withhold the right to dis Rosie

Semper Fidelis

Dave

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 05:51 PM

To those that I respect God bless.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

This is where you don't know, because you weren't there !!!

August 1964, my Gunnery Sergeant, James A. Glass a highly decorated Korean Veteran, former drill instructor in front of our battalion commander said we were going to loose the Vietnam war and he wasn't going to be in it, and that we would be !

Gunnery Sergeant Glass was giving us a on board ship critique as a former in-country Vietnamese Marine adviser on what to expect when we the newly formed 9th MEB (7,000 Marines) would go ashore. We were sitting off Saigon and Da Nang August through October 1964. Our mission was to evacuate all the U.S. personnel ashore out of Vietnam. Because the CIA feared a successful communist exploitation of a planned South Vietnamese coup d'&#233;tat, that would of been a blood bath for all U.S. personnel ashore.

Our next Captain Emanuel S. Lawbaugh who didn't know what Gunnery Sergeant Glass said earlier, had written congress (permitted) in support of pay raises for enlisted and said Gunnery Sergeant James A. Glass was smarter than any college professors that he knew.

Gunnery Sergeant James A. Glass was right about loosing the Vietnam war way before you had your excuses why we lost it ! Maybe not only because he was there, maybe he was a Marine that knew something too ?

greensideout
04-25-07, 07:33 PM
Funny thing, when I returned to the U.S. from Vietnam I sounded much like the troops returning from Iraq today. "We are winning the war, we are helping the people there and things are better. The war will be over in six months". I truly belived it would.

The truth is the war was not over for more then 10 years. We counted our loses and went home a defeated military. Strange though, like now, we won the battles but we lost the war.

We too, "stayed the course". We were being lead by the blind. But that is history now. What did we learn?

outlaw3179
04-25-07, 07:49 PM
Marine Dad ,

Thank you for your support of the Marines and especially for the support youve shown your son. In my opinion you go way above and beyond what most parents do to show they support what they believe in. That is tremendously appreciated. But....
You cannot come on to a Marine site , and disrespect a Marine. I may not agree with JetDawg on pretty much everything on this planet but I do agree with him on this one. He is a Marine. He has earned the title and he is my brother. Please don't think I am disrespecting or even beginning to question your patriotism or your love for your country sir. Obviously you raised your son in the way he should have been raised , with respect and a commitment to his country . He without a doubt learned that from his father . Semper Fi sir.

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 08:08 PM
Funny thing, when I returned to the U.S. from Vietnam I sounded much like the troops returning from Iraq today. "We are winning the war, we are helping the people there and things are better. The war will be over in six months". I truly belived it would.

The truth is the war was not over for more then 10 years. We counted our loses and went home a defeated military. Strange though, like now, we won the battles but we lost the war.

We too, "stayed the course". We were being lead by the blind. But that is history now. What did we learn?

USMC General Shoup was against the Vietnam war just Like USMC General Zinni advised Bush & Rumsfeld against this Iraq war.

General Shoup was despised by president Johnson and Nixon and they had the FBI follow him around.

General Zinni is now being called an anti-Semite for his opposition to the Iraq war.

No GSO, we aren't being led by the blind, but by presidents being led around by their noses by war-mongering neo-con bankers !!!

davblay
04-25-07, 08:15 PM
Like I said in my earlier post,---- no one was questioning his loyalty, bravery, patriotism or his willingness to show his support to his son and all active duty military! The challenge was his right to post on this thread and call out a Marine! Again the Drifter deleted a Marine Wife's post because she was "NOT A MARINE" on this very thread! I would think she would have as much right as a Dad, but that's just me!

I welcome any and all posts from any and all members, where appropriate! I realize that sometimes we get caught up in what we are debating and discussing, but we have to remember that this is a Marine site! I can not stress how much I appreciate his support for the Corps, But------- those of us who have earned the title reserve the right to cuss each other out at any time we see fit, but no one alse has that right! NO ONE! My opinion!

Semper Fi Marines.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-07, 08:52 PM
Sigh.

We are eating our young, here, folks.

Marine Dad, I think, has a right to post his opinions. Much as it pains me to do so, tho, (and I support ALL OF HIS OPINIONS), as a Non Marine, he does not, in my opinion, have the 'right' to call out another who has earned the title. He can certainly call him names, dogpile, or do whatever, as long as they do not call into question the fact that Jet did earn the title. And served his time. He had no 'war' to fight. That is not his fault, and no doubt, if there had been one, he would have went and done his duty.

I disagree with 90 percent of his postings, however, he earned the title, this is a Marine website/forum, for Marines, by Marines. All others are guests no matter their affiliation, and should conduct themselves accordingly.

Oh, and by the way, that craigslist posting? I think it's crap. Plain and simple.

Would ANY Marine, esp. one who served in the sandbox (fobbit or no) call themselves a SOLDIER????????

I think not.

Poser.

That was the point of the original posting. Jet,.......come on now.... I wouldnt' have posted that just because it looks, well, fake. You gotta get better material dude :)

greensideout
04-25-07, 09:02 PM
To those Marines I may have offended by standing up to the antiwar anti troop bile TOUGH!
To those that I respect God bless.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->[/B]

Slow down Dad! I don't think that you have read any "anti troop bile" on this site! "Antiwar"? Sure, some of us think that the war in Iraq is misguided. I hope that you can expand your view to understand that. If not, TOUGH! in return! :D

I enjoyed talking to your son. I pray for him and all that serve.

GSO

outlaw3179
04-25-07, 09:21 PM
By the way Jet..This doesnt mean were gonna be taking long showers til the wee hours of the morning....lol.....:) jk

rb1651
04-25-07, 09:26 PM
"Sigh.

We are eating our young, here, folks.

Marine Dad, I think, has a right to post his opinions. Much as it pains me to do so, tho, (and I support ALL OF HIS OPINIONS), as a Non Marine, he does not, in my opinion, have the 'right' to call out another who has earned the title. He can certainly call him names, dogpile, or do whatever, as long as they do not call into question the fact that Jet did earn the title. And served his time. He had no 'war' to fight. That is not his fault, and no doubt, if there had been one, he would have went and done his duty.

I disagree with 90 percent of his postings, however, he earned the title, this is a Marine website/forum, for Marines, by Marines. All others are guests no matter their affiliation, and should conduct themselves accordingly."

I have been trying to think of a way to say what you have just said. You have said it perfectly, in my opinion. I used to post here quite frequently, but lately it seems that every time someone posts something, whether it is political or not, it get turns into a free for all for a political opinion.

marinegreen
04-25-07, 09:35 PM
I'm all for a family who has a loved one in the Marines to post on here but to a extenT. Never say a Marine is not a Marine cuz he has a different opinion then another, some dont like this administration and thats there GOD GIVEN RIGHT, I have yet to find politicians who are truely out for our best interests. I mean how often do we hear how they are gonna fix our school system,help the seniors,fix our health system and as soon as there in office,nutten happens and you hear how we have failed each one of said categories,hell it isnt me who failed,its our lying politicians who have failed.Damn wouldnt it be great to be in a perfect world ? lol but we all know its only a fantasy of each and every one of us. I've got no problems with someone dissing my opinion cuz thats there opinion but never,never,never say we arent true MARINES or we dont LOVE OUR COUNTRY, We must because we went thru the toughest bootcamp there is to earn the title MARINE !!!!
MG

CWSaffels
04-25-07, 09:58 PM
I'm a newbee on this site and am a little disappointed in the thing that I have read today. I think that everyone has the right to speak thier mind and I think I paid the price to speak mine. With 2 hearts and a bronze my personnal opinion she he as much right to say anything he wants. That is why I and a lot of other Marines paid the price. I have walked the walk and I can talk the talk. Get back jack and let the man say his peace

003XXMarineDAD
04-25-07, 10:06 PM
I will end this and say so long I respect the Marine's on this place to much to keep this going on.
I will end it with this JetDawg you are a Marine and I meant no disrespect . But you have not posted any thing that I respect on here since you got here.
I have enjoyed getting to know a lot of you here in last two years here.
GSO we even have had battles over the time and I respect you more then you will even know.
I have and always will respect The Marine Corps.
And this is for My son.
:usmc:

killerinstinct
04-26-07, 08:20 AM

that may be true what needs to be done is to stop having these people run around worried more about the enemy and less aabout the American troops..

Let us look at General Sherman's idea they are fighting they have no right.. I know its not right but seems to me if there are suspicious things that look like IED's have some prisoner go grab it they are happy to die anyways..

jetdawgg
04-26-07, 08:29 AM
By the way Jet..This doesnt mean were gonna be taking long showers til the wee hours of the morning....lol.....:) jk

Thanks for your support Marine. i still don't expect you to agree with me though. Should you re-consider:D ...... But the shower is a bit much:D

jetdawgg
04-26-07, 08:34 AM
I will end this and say so long I respect the Marine's on this place to much to keep this going on.
I will end it with this JetDawg you are a Marine and I meant no disrespect . But you have not posted any thing that I respect on here since you got here.
GSO we even have had battles over the time and I respect you more then you will even know.
And this is for My son.

I respect you to Sir. I really appreciate that your son has decided to serve in the US Marine Corps when others who only state that we should be fighting in Iraq will not do so and moreover will not have their children serve.

I appreciate the long hard hours you put in to supporting your beliefs. Keep doing that. :usmc:

jinelson
04-26-07, 09:05 AM
Nice job Jetappeaser you are a mighty Marine troll, you are doing to this site what you are to our country! Whos your target today? Why dont you make it me and make my day!

Jim

Sgt Leprechaun
04-26-07, 09:13 AM
And this is for My son.

Damn. I'd encourage you to stay and continue to 'fight the good fight'. But, it's your call.

jinelson
04-26-07, 09:22 AM
Ya know Jet its like an internet provider or a country if you don't like it your free to leave it and go find one you like.

Jim

USMCmailman
04-26-07, 09:50 AM
Ya know Jet its like an internet provider or a country if you don't like it your free to leave it and go find one you like.

Jim

Right on JIm! I agree with you. If JetDawg has nothing positive to add he should just FLY AWAY !!!!:p

jinelson
04-26-07, 10:49 AM
http://www.flayme.com/images/zero.jpg

What Is A Troll?
The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

How can troll posts be recognised?
No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.
False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!
Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that?
Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point. Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"

Who is at risk?
Any newsgroup, bulletin board, forum or chatroom can attract trolls, but they don't have the brains to attack nuclear physicists, and they are drawn to the quick response where sex, religion and race are found; so politics is easy prey.

One troll famously tried to infiltrate a mensa group; the results read like 100 trolls and one regular, it didn't have a chance - but it was stupid enough to persist until removed.

When Should You Be Concerned?
Usually, no, though fractured funny bones and occasional waves of nausea have been reported.

When a troll become persistent and personal, you may need to consider the possibility that it has fermented into an Internet Stalker - equally pathetic, if not more so - but sometimes requiring weedkiller. Find Out More

Trolls - if they had brains, they just might be dangerous!