PDA

View Full Version : 20 things the liberal trolls have taught me.

SkilletsUSMC
04-23-07, 11:12 PM
20. Being a supporter of an unpopular war makes you a sheep.

19. Copy/Pasting makes one look smart.

18. Growing up in Harlem means you arent a quitter with no heart.

17. As a vet of this war, and current active duty Marine, I know nothing about how much rest is enough even though I have lived it. Doctors have gone to college, and therefore can be trusted to make the politically correct desisions. I am too dumb to know if I am tired.

16. I am supposed to be afraid of jetdawg because he will hand my head over to me. He knows **** because he heard from some one who heard from someone that it sucks in Iraq.

15. Personal experience is no match for what you read on the internet, or what John Stewart talked about last night on the daily show.

14. If you agree with this war you are an idiot. You must have not gone to college. those who agree must report to political re-education camps i.e. any college campus.

13. There is no Al Qaeda (http://www.thenausea.com/elements/usa/iraq%202004/09/eugene-armstrong-beheading1.wmv) in iraq because it doesnt fit the anti war agenda. Never mind that I personally detained High level Al Qaeda operatives while there.

12. Honor Courage and Commitment are optional for former Marines.

11. Marines are not capable of winning against Islamic insurgents.

10. Hazing on par with the Abu Ghraib scandal happens in every squadbays in both MCRDPI nad SD, and on into the fleet, but that is just Marine Corps tradition. When it happens to someone who killed a Marine It is a war crime.

9. Making someone strip naked and play pyramid is on par with the atrocities of the Bataan death march, Dachau and Auschwitz

8. Beheading non combatants is OUR fault.

7. Suicide bombers... OUR fault.

6. Never question the patriotisim of those who give hope to the islamists. Thats not nice. Beligerance is what your first amendment is about.

5. The evil republicans want to continue the war in Iraq to line the pockets of KBR/haliburton despite the fact that they are losing money.

4. Bush is both blundering idiot, and a genius capable of carring out huge conspiracies.

3. Old washed up ****bag Marines here on this site know more about our training and op-tempo than I do because its on the internet.

2. America is evil.

1. There are no EX Marines, only former Marines. But some are much more "FORMER" than others.

SkilletsUSMC
04-23-07, 11:36 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/reidtroops.jpg

Sgt Leprechaun
04-24-07, 12:56 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Damn, that was funny.

Skillets, report to the re-education camp IMMEDIATELY. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

RLeon
04-24-07, 01:35 AM
That was funny, but it kinda ****ed me off at the same time.
Thanx for the pic Skillets, now I have somthing to pin up on my dart board.

DougRagan
04-24-07, 01:59 AM
Great post. Mind if I reprint this on my blog?

Dave Coup
04-24-07, 06:40 AM
Outstanding post! Now stand by for retaliatory posts from the 'All Knowing Left' and quotes from goofy left wing Generals

Semper Fidelis

Dave

DWG
04-24-07, 06:51 AM
You mean it was supposed to be a joke? Sounded pretty much like the situation as it is to me!
Good post Skillets!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

semperfi170
04-24-07, 07:14 AM
Skillets,

Great post!!!:)

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 07:47 AM
THE DECIDER SAYS

"The only way we can win is to leave before the job is done." --Greeley, Colo., Nov. 4, 2006

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/0/c/bush_sheep.jpg (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushgreatpumpkin.htm)

jinelson
04-24-07, 08:01 AM
OUTSTANDING that was great. Im just real curious as to why 10th and Jet are so into sheep lol.

Jim

thedrifter
04-24-07, 08:04 AM
OUTSTANDING that was great. Im just real curious as to why 10th and Jet are so into sheep lol.

Jim

:scared: ;) :D

Ellie

Phantom Blooper
04-24-07, 08:20 AM
Mary had a little lamb and tied him to the heater every time he turned around he burned his little peter........Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:banana:

drumcorpssnare
04-24-07, 08:29 AM
Ya know, some people are just what is known as "contrary."
Example: You gather 50 people outdoors, and ask them to comment on the weather. 48 people agree- It's beautiful! Warm, sunny...blue skies.
You're still gonna have those two "contrary" people who will say the weather is "TERRIBLE!"

Go figure. It takes all kinds to make this world go around.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 09:34 AM

Jim

Jim, scuttlebutt has it, that's why you shipped over for Pendleton http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/07.gif
<CENTER> </CENTER><CENTER> </CENTER>

jetdawgg
04-24-07, 09:52 AM
Skillets, I am not sure why you want to attack me personally, but since you do, so be it.

It is not so much as being a supporter of this extremely unpopular war it comes to a point where jigoism replaces critical thought. When that line it crossed then the problems begin.

I have a good grasp of things. There are those that are smarter and those that are not. I just use my tools to do my best.

A lot of quitters come from Harlem. I just am not one of them. As an African American male, it is statiscally a fact that I had a tougher time growing up. Harlem and The South Bronx has/had high murder rates, drug addiction, low education rates etc. To overcome that and all that comes with it is done on an individual basis.

You are a Marine, not a doctor or trained professional in that field. I will take their word over your any day. Same as I would take your word n combat situation over theirs. Training means something. I think education is a wonderful thing.

You made the first threat. I just protect myself.

I don't watch Jon Stewart. I never saw the show at all. Hell I never saw "Friends" either.

It is not a matter of agreeing with the war. The policy makers of this war had no plan. I posted the picture the other day of "Mission Accomplished" which by the way is coming up on it's 4 year anniversary next month. How many more lies am I suppossed to believe? This admin has no credibility.

Even the Iraq Study Group says that there is AQ in Iraq. This war since it is so mismanged has created more terrorists thatn before. If this war is so well, how come Rumsfeld was fired?

It takes courage to come to this board and post as I do.:usmc:

Marines are winners. I have to fight for business daily/monthly/weekly/annually. I use the tools that I learned in the USMC to win with.

The 'detainees' did not sign up to be Marines. The is a Gen Con that was agreed upon by our nation years ago. We are not barbarians. Look at how the Iranians were viewed by the world last month after they released the Brits. We have lost our leadership in the world view with the torture and other atrocities we have committed.

It is not a matter of questioning my "Patriotism". You don't have the right to do so. When all Americans speak with one voice then it is no longer America. It is a dictatorship or worse.

HAL is losing so much money they are moving to the ME. Now they won't have to pay US taxes. They are also taking jobs away from Americans. I am sure that is something you want to support. That is why I say to use your brain. Critical thinking vice the irrational thoughts that you process works better.

Mr. Bush is not the brightest gent. Mr. Cheney is the power behind the train that has now been derailed.

You can't see that the anger that you have is in part due to the stress of the war. That is what the troops resting is all about. Again, we are not barbarians and when this war is over, a lot of women and children will be battered. America will have to pay for this war in a lot of ways.

America is not evil. It is imperialistic and been so since 1898. The Spanish-American War. Just glad I am on this side of the imperialism.

:flag:

jinelson
04-24-07, 09:55 AM
I found a pic of 10th and Jet posted at www.moveon.org they apparently went to the movies together to celebrate the defeat of America plus 10th wanted to console Jet after the untimely death of his favorite yew Nancy.

Jim

http://www.travisandjonathan.com/sitebuilder/images/onemorethingaboutbrokebackmountain-250x187.jpg

jetdawgg
04-24-07, 09:57 AM
That's funny:D

outlaw3179
04-24-07, 11:30 AM
Good sh*t skillet.

Eng
04-24-07, 12:22 PM
9. Making someone strip naked and play pyramid is on par with the atrocities of the Bataan death march, Dachau and Auschwitz
Conservative Bill O'Reilly did something similar to that ... even worse. He said US troops have always been involved in killing civilians and said Malmudy war crimes was done by US military.

Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfSRwUxjmM4

It's 10 mins long but eye opener :D

FistFu68
04-24-07, 02:54 PM
:beer: CPL.S~YOU KEEP IT UP,YOU GONNA BE A GOOD SGT.YET? S/F :beer:

artymarine
04-24-07, 06:42 PM
Great stuff...Sounds like you stole Harry Reids talking points. Tired of these lib a**holes. Somebody tell me how to block 10th, Jet and some of these others that remind me of the 10% you always have.

Semper Fi for the last 40 yrs

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 09:12 PM
Great stuff...Sounds like you stole Harry Reids talking points. Tired of these lib a**holes. Somebody tell me how to block 10th, Jet and some of these others that remind me of the 10% you always have.

Semper Fi for the last 40 yrs

Hmmm, was it something to do with 40 years of obeying everything they told you ? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

jinelson
04-24-07, 09:16 PM
No it was most likely you and the secular progressive commies like you providing aid and comfort to Americas enemies for the last 40 years!

Jim

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 09:28 PM
Hmmm, was it something to do with 40 years of obeying everything they told you ? http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

10th... I dont allways disagree with you, but damnit I could have sworn you just bashed a MasterGuns for 40 years of honorable service in our beloved Corps.:scared:

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 09:31 PM
No it was most likely you and the secular progressive commies like you providing aid and comfort to Americas enemies for the last 40 years!

Jim

Smedley Butler on Interventionism

-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents

10thzodiac
04-24-07, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by jinelson

Jim

Jim, I Suppose then USMC General's Butler, Shoup, Zinni, Colonel Murtha and Major Ritter are commies too ? I'm in good company then !

I see the Peter Principle is alive and well http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

10th

SkilletsUSMC
04-24-07, 11:07 PM
10th... I dont allways disagree with you, but damnit I could have sworn you just bashed a MasterGuns for 40 years of honorable service in our beloved Corps.:scared:

???????

rktect3j
04-25-07, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by jinelson

Jim

Jim, I Suppose then USMC General's Butler, Shoup, Zinni, Colonel Murtha and Major Ritter are commies too ? I'm in good company then !

I see the Peter Principle is alive and well http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

10th

I just noticed something odd. 10th, you always quote or compare yourself to the same 5 or 6 Marine individuals that push your agenda. I find that odd because I am quite certain that these 5 or 6 Marines do not make up the bulk of the Corps and yet for the past year or so that is all I have seen from you. I think you might want to look into a few other hundreds of thousands of Marines with opposing ideas and quotes and re-model yourself after them instead or at least intigrate that somehow.

Just friendly advice 10th. Kerry on.

chrisathey1989
04-25-07, 08:42 AM
Thats hilarious, but the funny part is that some americans actually believe all that.

chrisathey1989
04-25-07, 08:42 AM
Thats hilarious, but the funny part is that some americans actually believe all that.

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 08:44 AM
I just noticed something odd. 10th, you always quote or compare yourself to the same 5 or 6 Marine individuals that push your agenda. I find that odd because I am quite certain that these 5 or 6 Marines do not make up the bulk of the Corps and yet for the past year or so that is all I have seen from you. I think you might want to look into a few other hundreds of thousands of Marines with opposing ideas and quotes and re-model yourself after them instead or at least intigrate that somehow.

Hilarious, but I guess that's you:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post205270 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><!-- status icon and date -->http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/statusicon/post_old.gif 11-24-06, 01:38 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#4 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showpost.php?p=205270&postcount=4) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>rktect3j (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=22809)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_205270", true); </SCRIPT>
Marine
Gold Member (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/payments.php)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/avatars/cpl.gif (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=22809)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_205270><!-- message -->You need to stop bumping your own thread. From what I know about Jefferson and the Corps I can't imagine why a Marine would want to watch the propaganda they sell the American youth about this man.

Want a little insight. Go get a cd book called "pirates of the barbary coast".
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
"The truth is still the truth no matter what you want to believe."
:usmc: 0352 TOWS :iwo:

1st Light Armored Reconnaisance
Tip of the Spear.

"I triple guarantee you, there are no American soldiers in Baghdad." - Muhammed Saeed Al Sahaf Iraqi Minister of Information

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 08:44 AM

That's the difference about America, you can model your ideas after anyone you choose to. Freedom, what a concept.

Why is it that you want Americans/Marines to become fascist or jingoist?:flag:

rktect3j
04-25-07, 08:46 AM
Why is it that you want Americans/Marines to become fascist or jingoist?
Well....., at least I wasn't the one to post something as ignorant as the above.

Good luck with that one.

marinegreen
04-25-07, 08:54 AM
What strikes me as funny is if a fellow Marine has a different opinion on matters he is branded a commie, a maggot, blah blah this or blah blah that. I myself dislike all the lying fuq politicians who's true purpose is to make them and there small percentage of the wealthy friends richer. Now I have my opinion on alot of different items pretaining to life and its my GOD-Da**ed given right to say what I want and for those of you who dislike my opinion or because I dont follow the rest of the sheep or who say I'm not a MARINE, Well you can kiss my azzzzzzzzz, I bow down to no man nor will I until I come before the pearly gates and meet my true maker (GOD),but I refuse to bow down to the establishment. One last thing, I AM A MARINE AND WILL BE TO MY LAST DYING BREATH,but I am one with my own OPINION !!!
MG

rktect3j
04-25-07, 08:58 AM
Here is a Marine to aspire to.

April 24, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - A tough U.S. Marine stationed in one of the most hostile areas of Iraq has a message for Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid: "We need to stay here and help rebuild."
In raw and emotional language from the bloody front lines, Cpl. Tyler Rock, of the 1st Battalion, 6th Marines, skewered Reid for being far removed from the patriotism and progress in Iraq.

"Yeah, and I got a quote for that [expletive] Harry Reid. These families need us here," Rock vented in an e-mail to Pat Dollard, a Hollywood agent-turned-war reporter who posted the comment on his Web site, www.patdollard.com.

"Obviously [Reid] has never been in Iraq. Or at least the area worth seeing . . . the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces," Rock wrote.

Based in Camp Lejeune, N.C., Rock catalogued a series of grim daily traumas in Iraq, like getting covered in ash and sleeping under a dirty rug in an Iraqi family's house, or watching "several terrorists die" on the same strip of pavement.

But he says he is optimistic about the future of a country that he says has "turned to complete s- - -" during a bloody insurgency.

He also spoke admiringly of the risks brave Iraqi citizens take every day.

"If Iraq didn't want us here then why do we have [Iraqi police] volunteering every day to rebuild their cities?" he asked.

"It sucks that Iraqis have more patriotism for a country that has turned to complete s- - - more than the people in America who drink Starbucks every day.

"We could leave this place and say we are sorry to the terrorists. And then we could wait for 3,000 more American civilians to die before we say, 'Hey, that's not nice' again."

"And the sad thing is after we WIN this war. People like [Reid] will say he was there for us the whole time."

Rock's candid e-mail swept across the Internet after Dollard posted it on his site, and it was picked up by the Drudge Report and numerous other Web sites.

"What does [Reid] know about us 'losing' besides what he wants to believe? The truth is that we are pushing al Qaeda out and we are pushing the insurgency out. We are here to support a nation."

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 08:59 AM
Well....., at least I wasn't the one to post something as ignorant as the above.

Good luck with that one.

That's odd !

What college did you say you went to ? Did you graduate ?

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:03 AM
That's odd !

What college did you say you went to ? Did you graduate ?

Why? Did I mispell something again?

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 09:15 AM
Just wondered where you bought your deck of cards, that's all http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/02.gif

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:20 AM

Good luck with that one.

Ignorant = anything beyond your comprehension:usmc:

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:33 AM
Just wondered where you bought your deck of cards, that's all http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/02.gif
You need to lay off the sauce this early in the AM. You are making less sense with every post. So WTF are you trying to say 10th?

10thzodiac
04-25-07, 09:33 AM
Ignorant = anything beyond your comprehension:usmc:

Over his head dawgg http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/06.gif

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:34 AM
Ignorant = anything beyond your comprehension
What dictionary are you using today?

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:36 AM
What dictionary are you using today?

Certainly not the mistake filled WIKI that you do

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:40 AM
Certainly not the mistake filled WIKI that you do
Well, I'm not the one who just posted a definition incorrectly nor have I posted recently anything from wikipedia that I am aware of.

So.....:yes:

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:46 AM
http://www.uic.edu/com/uhrd/images/Simpson_headXray.jpg

rktect3j
04-25-07, 09:52 AM
Oh goodie. I knew I could count on you to bring this discussion to it's proper level.

Nice one. I'll have to go look into my photobucket for a much more ridictardulous image to help describe you. Hold on.

JinxJr
04-25-07, 11:22 AM
Open Squad Bay: Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful.

About half of you in this (now) rediculous thread need to be shown the door !!!

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 04:53 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/11/21/bush2_wideweb__470x358,0.jpg

davblay
04-25-07, 08:21 PM

What the hell is that? Feeding time at the white house zoo? :confused:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-07, 08:22 PM
Interesting.

What, exactly, is wrong with being "Jingoistic". To me, that is basically loving one's country ahead of all others. Isn't that what ANYone, from ANY country, should be doing? I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man that didn't love his own country. Which, oddly enough, those on the left seem to think about THIS country, for whatever reason.

That having been said, that pic of the Prez is funny. I saw him dancing around today with a bunch of what looked like african tribesmen.

Regardless, I don't think any of us are going to change the others opinion. Still, it does seem like the left is anti-troop, anti-war, anti-american. I'd love for them to prove me wrong, but they keep proving me right. Consistantly. Despite protestations of the contrary.

BTW, the Bill O'Reilly thing mentioned a few pages back was a mis-quote on his part (I can't get utube from work so I can't listen, but I know the story). The "Malmedy massacre" was perpetrated by German SS troops on US Soldiers during the Battle of the Bulge. The SS commander, Jochiem Peiper, was tried for the war crime.

Semper Keeping the record straight...

jetdawgg
04-26-07, 08:47 AM
SGT Lep,

being jingoistic turns people into sheeple.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-26-07, 09:05 AM
I would disagree. I would also state that being concerned more about 'what the world thinks of us' is far more likely to turn folks into sheeple than being 'jingoistic', which seems to me to be a term bandied about by 'the left' as an insult to those who are patriotic.

"Being hated by the world is like being out in the rain. You can only get so wet, and after awhile, it ceases to matter."
Unk.

Something else to remember whenever you hear the various socialists in the EU whining about us 'jingoistic' Americans:

"The capture and release of the British hostages illustrate once again the fatuousness of the "international community" and its great institutions. You want your people back? Go to the European Union and get stiffed. Go to the Security Council and get a statement that refuses even to "deplore" this act of piracy. (You settle for a humiliating expression of "grave concern.") Then turn to the despised Americans. They'll deal some cards and bail you out."

Charles Krauthammer

davblay
04-26-07, 09:06 AM

President Bush in his natural habitat! Before the media puts on his tv face!

jinelson
04-26-07, 09:18 AM
They taught me that it doesent take many of them to stir the pot and start fire fights. Dont worry 10th I still respect you but I can't say the same for your buddies Jetappeaser and DavBlab.

Jim

davblay
04-26-07, 09:45 AM
They taught me that it doesent take many of them to stir the pot and start fire fights. Dont worry 10th I still respect you but I can't say the same for your buddies Jetappeaser and DavBlab.

Jim
Very good Jim! I guess I know where I stand with you now, don't I? What is it they say, the biggest rooster crows the loudest? Let me kiss your ring, almighty one!

I never set out to offend you, but it seems I have, I am sorry about that, But I am here to stay! Deal with it! I have never been anything but respectful for you and you show me this face that I never thought I'd see from you. You, a PLATOON LEADER and all. Man I know I'd follow a man that feels that way about me into combat!

So if you have chosen to not like me or my opinions, tough ****! Like I said, I am here to stay and you can't do a damn thing about it! We can get along or get it on! I can fight with the best of them, I am a Marine! So give it your best shot. If you have something to say about me,Jim, say it to me! Not about me, ok? It seems that if we don't agree with you, then we are less than human beings in your eyes! Let me tell you something, Jim, we are both men who put our pants on the same way, unless you have a servant doing it for you! It's good to know who's got your back!

This does explain a lot though! Thanks for your support, Marine, I appreaciate it very much! BTW the handle is DAVBLAY, Marine! I don't make fun of you, or any other Marine or any person, when it comes to thier name! A name caller lacks a bit of class that I find respectable in a person. We can get our point across without name bashing! We are Marines, right?

rktect3j
04-26-07, 09:54 AM
Damm, I think it's time for a lockdown of this thread.

semperfi170
04-26-07, 09:56 AM
Hey DAVBLAY:

Since when do Marines wear pants -- my DIs said we wear trousers (women wear pants and slacks) shirts, and covers!!!!lol

davblay
04-26-07, 10:14 AM
Hey DAVBLAY:

Since when do Marines wear pants -- my DIs said we wear trousers (women wear pants and slacks) shirts, and covers!!!!lol

My Bad, Marines, My Bad! I stand corrected on that point!

rktect3j
04-26-07, 10:15 AM
I still don't understand the whole blouse thing.

davblay
04-26-07, 10:21 AM
Jim, you seem to be an expert in RESPECT, well you just lost a lot of it, trust me, Marine! Respect is a two way street, man, you have to give it to get it! Once it's lost, it's hard to get back! I thought this was a Marine site, I didn't know you had to be LEFT OR RIGHT, just a Marine, am I wrong? Remember, you started this!

This reminds me of my Grandson's kindergarden class, sometimes! It seem the rule here should be "DON'T ARGUE WITH YOUR FELLOW MARINE---DICK HIM"!

davblay
04-26-07, 10:23 AM
Open Squad Bay: Exchange ideas and thoughts with your Band of Brothers. Remember to be courteous and respectful.

About half of you in this (now) rediculous thread need to be shown the door !!!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

drumcorpssnare
04-26-07, 10:26 AM
Don't you remember??? That's what you did with your trouser legs, around your boots! LOL :bunny:

Granted, the word "blouse" means a woman's sleeveless shirt....

but for a few hundred years it also meant a man's garment, worn over a shirt.

semperfi170
04-26-07, 10:36 AM
per the Random House College Dictionary, one of the definitions is as follows:
2.(formerly) a single-breasted semifitted jacket worn as part of the service uniform of the U.S. Army. I was just looking in my Guidebook for Marines (published in 1966), no words about 'blouses" as a uniform item - just jackets and coats.

drumcorpssnare
04-26-07, 10:47 AM
semperfi170- As I recall from my training (1970's) the enlisted "jacket" for Dress Greens and Dress Blues, was called a blouse. Likewise, the officer's Dress Greens, Blues, Tropicals and Whites were blouses. The officers also had a Mess Dress Jacket, that ended at the waist, and did not hang below the hips.
Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

jinelson
04-26-07, 10:53 AM
http://www.flayme.com/images/zero.jpg

What Is A Troll?
The term derives from "trolling", a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The troll posts a message, often in response to an honest question, that is intended to upset, disrupt or simply insult the group.

Usually, it will fail, as the troll rarely bothers to match the tone or style of the group, and usually its ignorance shows.

Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).

How can troll posts be recognised?
No Imagination - Most are frighteningly obvious; sexist comments on nurses' groups, blasphemy on religious groups .. I kid you not.
Pedantic in the Extreme - Many trolls' preparation is so thorough, that while they waste time, they appear so ludicrous from the start that they elicit sympathetic mail - the danger is that once the group takes sides, the damage is done.
False Identity - Because they are cowards, trolls virtually never write over their own name, and often reveal their trolliness (and lack of imagination) in the chosen ID. As so many folk these days use false ID, this is not a strong indicator on its own!
Crossposting - Any post that is crossposted to several groups should be viewed as suspicious, particularly if unrelated or of opposing perspective. Why would someone do that? Off-topic posting - Often genuine errors, but, if from an 'outsider' they deserve matter-of-fact response; if genuine, a brief apposite response is simply netiquette; if it's a troll post, you have denied it its reward.
Repetition of a question or statement is either a troll - or a pedant; either way, treatment as a troll is effective.
Missing The Point - Trolls rarely answer a direct question - they cannot, if asked to justify their twaddle - so they develop a fine line in missing the point. Thick or Sad - Trolls are usually sad, lonely folk, with few social skills; they rarely make what most people would consider intelligent conversation. However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls - rigged to always say "above 150"

Who is at risk?
Any newsgroup, bulletin board, forum or chatroom can attract trolls, but they don't have the brains to attack nuclear physicists, and they are drawn to the quick response where sex, religion and race are found; so politics is easy prey.

One troll famously tried to infiltrate a mensa group; the results read like 100 trolls and one regular, it didn't have a chance - but it was stupid enough to persist until removed.

When Should You Be Concerned?
Usually, no, though fractured funny bones and occasional waves of nausea have been reported.

When a troll become persistent and personal, you may need to consider the possibility that it has fermented into an Internet Stalker - equally pathetic, if not more so - but sometimes requiring weedkiller. Find Out More

Trolls - if they had brains, they just might be dangerous!

davblay
04-26-07, 11:02 AM
I agree Jim! :thumbup:

semperfi170
04-26-07, 11:05 AM
Da**, here I thought that what I learned from the Yoopers in Michigan was correct, trolls are individuals who live below the Mackinaw bridge, as in below the U.P. of Michigan! lol

Seriously, Jim thanks for the updated definition of the word and how it is used describe what takes place on the net.

drumcorpssnare
04-26-07, 11:07 AM
jinelson- Thanks for the enlightenment re: TROLLS. I kinda had the gist already, but your post was much more specific.
In my opinion, our forum has an occaisional troll or two. Seems the moderators handle them just fine.
I would like to comment though, that many of the recent posts on "Open Squad Bay" seem to me, to be rather sophmoric. While I enjoy the quick-paced back-and-forth 'witty' banter of many of the Marines here, I am disappointed by how childish some of the angry, vindictive posts seem to be.
Come on folks. We're all Marines here. Let's start with some basic, across the board respect for one another.
I'm not insinuating we should all agree, all the time. Disagreement is fine! I would just like to see people comment on their thoughts and feelings with intelligent discourse, or humor. Not with name calling, or grossly disrespectful comments. Some of the stuff I've read recently reminds me of two jr. high school girls in a "cat-fight."

Whattya say Marines? Let's tighten-up this squad bay, and make it ship-shape!

davblay
04-26-07, 11:09 AM
Ooo-Rah, Drum, and Semper Fi!

jetdawgg
04-27-07, 01:03 PM
I am for that. Debate is good. It may get others to think and not necessarily change their mind. It is about enlightening those around you and obtaining the same from others.

10thzodiac
04-27-07, 01:41 PM
You save the ones you can and have to let go the others !

drumcorpssnare
04-27-07, 02:38 PM
Hey 10thz- Ya know how us Marines retreive all of our wounded and dead from the battlefield? Well, it's kinda the same thing on this forum.
There are some Leathernecks who have been "wounded" by the media, and some members of Congress, in regards to Iraq, and the best interests of our country. These Marines are in "shock," and need first-aid, in the form of posts explaining why it's betst to stop the enemy now, as opposed to later.
So, we will continue to retreive our Marine brothers on this forum, and carry them back to safety.:D

10thzodiac
04-27-07, 05:31 PM
Hey 10thz- Ya know how us Marines retreive all of our wounded and dead from the battlefield? Well, it's kinda the same thing on this forum.
There are some Leathernecks who have been "wounded" by the media, and some members of Congress, in regards to Iraq, and the best interests of our country. These Marines are in "shock," and need first-aid, in the form of posts explaining why it's betst to stop the enemy now, as opposed to later.
So, we will continue to retreive our Marine brothers on this forum, and carry them back to safety.:D

Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing.

Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969)

Dave Coup
04-27-07, 06:56 PM
The war was started on 9/11. I know the standard argument is that the Terrorists who perpetrated it were Saudi. But they were AlQuaida. Doesn't matter where they were from. Terrorists are who we are at war with and I say stop them wherever we have to. I'd rather my kids and grandkids not have to fight them here. And yes I'd allow them (my family) to fight overseas, provided they wouldn't let me go in thier place.

SF
Dave

10thzodiac
04-27-07, 07:20 PM
How about securing our boarders before AQ gets here ? Not to mention stop excusing and/or holding accountable the inept leadership for all the 9/11 warnings they ignored !

It seems obvious to me before sending your kids into a meat grinder.

Dave Coup
04-27-07, 07:37 PM
Absolutely I concur with the border issue and agree that this Admin is to put it mildly, ****ed up on that massive problem. (Issue doesn't do it justice) As to holding the inept leadership accountable for ignoring the warnings re. 9/11, there would be a long list of prior leaders to share the resp[onsibility.

SF

Dave

OLE SARG
04-27-07, 08:13 PM
Absolutely I concur with the border issue and agree that this Admin is to put it mildly, ****ed up on that massive problem. (Issue doesn't do it justice) As to holding the inept leadership accountable for ignoring the warnings re. 9/11, there would be a long list of prior leaders to share the resp[onsibility.

SF

Dave

Let's see, slick willie who made our military into a limp prick!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like himself I might add!!!!!!! peanut ****ing carter, what a ****ing wasted piece of human flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And look who is coming up with slick willie underneath, with her, but the hildabeast!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a ****ing pair!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-27-07, 09:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong. Am I hearing finger pointing to prior administrations absolving George W's watch ?

Comparing apples to apples, try telling that to an OD that it was the last sentry's fault you were sleeping on post.

OLE SARG
04-27-07, 09:53 PM
No absolving, just finger pointing at prior ****ed up administrations!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-27-07, 10:10 PM
I know what you mean. I always tried voting for the lessor evil and still disappointed.

This Recruit
04-28-07, 06:00 PM
Let's see, slick willie who made our military into a limp prick!!!!!!!!!!!! Just like himself I might add!!!!!!! peanut ****ing carter, what a ****ing wasted piece of human flesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And look who is coming up with slick willie underneath, with her, but the hildabeast!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a ****ing pair!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Clinton didn't downsize the military, it was already in decline since 1987.

"Although many equate the initiation of personnel and force structure reductions with the end of the Cold War in 1989 or the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991, DOD, as a whole, started downsizing in 1988. The Army and Air Force started trimming forces in 1987 and the Marine Corps followed suit the following year. The Navy did not start reducing numbers until 1990"; "For the most part, it seems though DOD has managed to keep the cream of the crop in a smaller labor pool. . . . [T]he quality of the Army officer contingent, already high, has been improved by the SSB and VSI initiatives, as most of the commissioned soldiers accepting the bonuses were from the bottom third of their year-groups"; "Some were concerned that African-Americans, as well as other minorities, might bear a disproportionate share of military personnel cuts, but that has not transpired. Along the same line, opportunities for women in the armed forces have not been put on hold because of the downsizing. In fact, their representation has reached record levels"; "Local communities have been hurt by the reduction in the number of DOD installations that started in 1988. However, in many cases, that damages have been significantly less than originally estim ated. Thanks to a higher percentage of personnel cuts than base closures, the infrastructure of our fighting establishment is now even more out of sync with force structure than it was in 1987."