PDA

View Full Version : New Spin on Immigration

ssgtt32
04-23-07, 10:16 AM
A buddy of mine sent this to me, although he is former AF he is still a good guy!

Maurice

Let's say I break into your house

A lady wrote the best letter in the Editorials
in ages!!! It explains things better than all
the baloney you hear on TV.

Her point:

Recently large demonstrations have taken place
across the country protesting the fact that Congress
is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration.

Certain people are angry that
the US might protect its own
borders, might make it harder
to sneak into this country and,
once here, to stay indefinitely.
Let me see if I correctly understand
the thinking behind these protests.
Let's say I break into your house.
Let's say that when you discover
me in your house, you insist that I leave.
But I say, "I've made all
the beds and washed the
dishes and did the laundry
and swept the floors. I've
done all the things you don't
like to do. I'm hard-working
and honest
(except for when I broke into your house).

According to the protesters:
You are Required to let me stay in your house
You are Required to add me to your family's insurance plan
You are Required to Educate my kids
You are Required to Provide other benefits to me & to my family
(my husband will do all of your yard work because
he is also hard-working and honest, except for that
breaking in part).

If you try to call the police or force me out,
I will call my friends who will picket your
house carrying signs that proclaim my
RIGHT to be there.

It's only fair, after all, because you have
a nicer house than I do, and I'm just
trying to better myself. I'm a hard-working
and honest, person, except for well,
you know, I did break into your house
And what a deal it is for me!!!

I live in your house, contributing only a
fraction of the cost of my keep, and
there is nothing you can do about it
without being accused of cold,

uncaring, selfish, prejudiced, and
bigoted behavior.

Oh yeah, I DEMAND that you learn
MY LANGUAGE!!! so you can
communicate with me.

Why can't people see how ridiculous
this is?! Only in America .
if you agree, pass it on (in English).
Share it if you see the value of it.

If not blow it off.........
along with your future Social Security
funds, and a lot of other things.

10thzodiac
04-23-07, 10:35 AM
Under Article 123 of the General Population Act, illegal immigration is an offense punishable by up to two years in prison and a fine of up to 5,000 pesos, or about $450. Typically, any crime with a punishment of a year or more is considered a felony.

Article 118 of the act says foreigners who are deported and then later attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be punished with up to 10 years in prison.

Under Article 73, local police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities when asked to help enforce the nation's immigration laws.
As set forth in several articles of the act, immigrants are admitted into Mexico according to their potential to "contribute to the national progress" and must have the income needed to support themselves.

Article 9 of the constitution says only citizens may assemble to "take part in the political affairs of the country." Under Article 33, non-citizens "may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country."

killerinstinct
04-23-07, 10:44 AM
thats why you shoot them while they are still in your house and makes sure they are dead before leaving it...

davblay
04-23-07, 11:11 AM
There a lot of little things that pizzes me off today! First, there's the first button I have to push on my ATM, Bank of America, and that's ENGLISH! Second, the fact that spanish peaking people make up about 12% of this countries poulation, yet every government telephone call you make you have to press 1 for english! Third, when traveling, you see all the signs in puiblic places written in three or four languages!-------I could go on!

The thing is, during my travels around the world, there are very few that cater to our english language! Is it just me, or what? I live in a small town in Tennessee, where there have always been a minority, Blacks, to the tune of about 10%. Now the minority is more like 35%, 10% still being the Blacks the rest being hispanic (MEXICAN), and growing. Being a small town we appreciate each other and get along well, but now even the Blacks are questioning the Mexican thing! I realize that the Indians must have felt the same way, my family was Native American, but this has to come to a close soon, or we will be pronouncing JESUS---HEY-ZUES!

This just my opinion, not that it matters, but I have talked to every elected official and they say the same thing, "IT ISN'T PC TO TALK ABOUT THIS ISSUE"! I can't help but wonder if the elected official thinks the Mexicans can vote for them! This is a Cancer in this country, I only hope that we find a cure soon! Not saying that legal immigrants should not be allowed, just the illegal ones! Everyone has a legal right to come to this country and apply for and gain citizenship, that's the way it's always been. But we need to draw a line some where on the ones that steal our countries benefits! Why do our officials condone this? You tell me!

Again this is the opinion of one man in a small town!

Dazed and confused!

fmoyer
04-23-07, 11:31 AM
Your opinion does matter and there are a lot of people who feel just the same as you do. The people of say it is not pc to talk about this are just linning thier pockets one way or the other by not doing any thing about this massive problem. Even here in Idaho in some cities they have become the majority and all thre stores make thier announcments in mexican not english. We had better wake up soon.

jetdawgg
04-23-07, 11:36 AM
Think about this, in Asian and European nations a lot of people speak multiple languages. I have a Japanese friend who speaks 7 languages.

Embrace change cause it won't stop for you

jinelson
04-23-07, 12:01 PM
This isnt Asia or Europe its America we speak english here if you want to speak another language and embrace your friends go to Iran with your herd of sheep or are they your 72 virgins?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/th_SpeakEnglish.jpg

jetdawgg
04-23-07, 12:14 PM
That's one of the problems some Americans now have that you are displaying.

A clear lack of a cerebral approach to change. Improvise, adapt and overcome Marine:usmc:

One of the major issues in the MENA is that we don't have enough interpreters. Hopefully it is not because of the mentality you have on display.

jinelson
04-23-07, 12:22 PM
Good then I must be an American. So what are you personally doing? Learning spanish and Farsi to embrace your brothers? Sorry no more time for your mental masturbation go play with 10th.

Jim

ssgtt32
04-23-07, 12:23 PM
Jetdawgg, are you talking to me? just curious because the immagration thing is taking alot of jobs from us that were born here and served to protect that freedom, I am from Texas by birth, 45% of the population in Texas is Mexican, I do not have a problem with the legal ones (the ones that pay taxes/social security) it is the illegals that I have a problem with!

Maurice

jetdawgg
04-23-07, 12:24 PM
Since you insist, I already speak and read several languages....

jetdawgg
04-23-07, 12:33 PM
Jetdawgg, are you talking to me? just curious because the immagration thing is taking alot of jobs from us that were born here and served to protect that freedom, I am from Texas by birth, 45% of the population in Texas is Mexican, I do not have a problem with the legal ones (the ones that pay taxes/social security) it is the illegals that I have a problem with!

Maurice

Marine, it is not my policy to allow H1-B visas, NAFTA, Free Trade, Huge deficits, CEO pay at $10MM per month (Ford) while 3MM jobs are lost here by working Americans since 2000.

I am stating here that if Americans don't adapt to change that the systems is implementing there may be some troublesome days in front of you.:usmc:

YLDNDN6
04-23-07, 12:44 PM
I just think that any American citizen, who chooses to remain in this country, and never travel abroad, i.e. Mexico, Cuba, Venezuela etc...should not have to be bothered with learning the languages of the people who force themselves on our society. I, personally, speak two dialects of Odawa (that's Indian talk), french, spanish (from Spain, not south of our border...the two are different) and a little central Mexican spanish because a good friend of mine was from San Luis Potosi. I speak these languages by choice, and by necessity at times, but to have it forced on me is a bit much to take. I agree that those who fail to adapt fail to flourish, but this is OUR country, and we already have a language that we speak here...those coming here need to adapt, not us...

killerinstinct
04-23-07, 01:03 PM
Think about this, in Asian and European nations a lot of people speak multiple languages. I have a Japanese friend who speaks 7 languages.

Embrace change cause it won't stop for you

well thats great and all if they speak so many languages why isnt english included??

Basically i dont expect people in another country to speak english and lots of times they dont.

We just need to make english the official language and get rid of this crap havent written down or something i dont mind that but push 1 to hear a recording in english is just retarded... it should push 1 to hear a foreign language

ssgtt32
04-23-07, 01:09 PM
Marine, it is not my policy to allow H1-B visas, NAFTA, Free Trade, Huge deficits, CEO pay at $10MM per month (Ford) while 3MM jobs are lost here by working Americans since 2000.

I am stating here that if Americans don't adapt to change that the systems is implementing there may be some troublesome days in front of you.:usmc:

Jetdawgg, I do not want to get into a ****ing contest with you, seeing how you live in NYC, you better than anyone can talk about immagration, seeing that Ellis Island is right there, but those were documented immagrats, what I was talking about were the ones that come over here and work under the table and send that money back home to love ones

drumcorpssnare
04-23-07, 01:35 PM
Imagine how this country would have turned out if only the early English immigrants, and their descendants, spoke English! And all the French spoke French, and the Germans, German. And the Russians, Russian, etc.

Can you say, "Tower of Babel"?

Up until recently, all of our immigrants learned to speak English, to some degree. And if they retained their "mother language" that's fine. Made 'em bi-lingual. Great! But, they learned English!

Too many of today's immigrants think they are "entitled" not to learn our language. They should remember...they're also entitled not to stay here!
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

10thzodiac
04-23-07, 02:20 PM
Money & votes talk, bullsh!t walks, Habla Espanol

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gif

davblay
04-23-07, 02:45 PM
Ok, we seem to have a lot of information from some fine sources, so--------- How many Americans, who slip into Mexico, take thier jobs, get thier homes, etc, would it take, percentage wise, to get the Mexican Government to enact a law that they must translate everything to english?

I know Americans won't slip into Mexico, but you get the point, right? I don't blame the people, hell they just want to better themselves and thier family. They come here wanting to follow that American Dream, and are succeeding with our Congress' blessings!

FistFu68
04-23-07, 03:00 PM
:evilgrin: WHEN WE FIRST LET THAT (ILLEGAL RAT)TO SLIDE IN, THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF ALL THE DEEP-KIM-CHEE;WE REALLY GOTTA DEAL WITH NOW!:evilgrin: :iwo:

drumcorpssnare
04-23-07, 03:14 PM
davblay- I don't think anyone here has any problem with immigrants who enter the country legally, to persue the American Dream. As long as they are honest, hard working people who "go thru the process" as outlined by our immigration laws....they are welcome here!:thumbup:

davblay
04-23-07, 03:28 PM
davblay- I don't think anyone here has any problem with immigrants who enter the country legally, to persue the American Dream. As long as they are honest, hard working people who "go thru the process" as outlined by our immigration laws....they are welcome here!:thumbup:

I can't agree more! I was asking this to make a point about the language issue, not legal or not! You missed my point Drum!

8th&I Marine
04-24-07, 01:09 AM
I cant tell you how many times in the past week I have been asked if I speak spanish. Not only No but Hell No, This is America you need to learn English thats the bottom line. I can say this in Houston the white folk are becoming the minority.

Cantrell:flag: