PDA

View Full Version : North Korean MiGs intercepted a U.S. reconnaissance plane

Super Dave
03-03-03, 02:21 PM
Dow Jones News Services
(Copyright © 2003 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.)

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Military sources say as many as four North Korean MiGs intercepted a U.S. reconnaissance plane over international waters during the weekend, MSNBC reported Monday.

According to the sources, the MiGs came within 500 feet of the U.S. RC-135 plane but didn't act aggressively, MSNBC said.

The network said the incident - the first such intercept since 1969 - happened in international air space over the Korean peninsula.

eddief
03-04-03, 08:10 AM
Unlike the Iraqis, the North Koreans would put up a fierce fight in the event of a confrontation. Nuclear weapons would likely be used by both sides. I pray that this will be worked out diplomatically. Hopefully China can help us out with this. I know the Chinese don't want us right on their doorstep, so it's in their best interests to help find a peaceful solution.

usmc85204
03-04-03, 09:50 AM
War with North Korea would be quite different this time. First thing South Korea really isn't too keen on us so I am not sure they would want us in their country. They are trying to unite with the North last I heard. then China wasn't interested in us back in 52. Now we are a large part of their gross national product(pick up anything that dosn't say made in China.) They may not be so willing to help the Koreans this time.. Either way this would be a lot harder than the war we are planning now. And if we were to attack Iraq, what would we have left in a depleted war machine to fight the Koreans?? We would be well advised to steer clear of this mess this time around..