PDA

View Full Version : Private First Class

rolive
04-22-07, 06:46 PM
Just wondering who else is going into Boot Camp as a Private First Class?
And if so how did you attain it?
College hours for myself:nerd: .

CEV87
04-22-07, 07:10 PM
I will also be a PFC at bootcamp or what have you, I got mine from 4 years of JROTC

SkilletsUSMC
04-22-07, 07:16 PM
You wont even be privates. You will be recruits. You dont get to wear that rank until the day you get your Eagle Globe and Anchor.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 07:23 PM
You wont even be privates. You will be recruits. You dont get to wear that rank until the day you get your Eagle Globe and Anchor.

I think sometimes they forget that. Everyone is a recruit, it doesn't matter what your contact says- everyone is equally useless.

bigfoot1188
04-22-07, 08:36 PM
well as those other Marines said I am still a recruit, but if all plans go right I will graduate as PFC. I got mine through refferals.

mcgannph
04-22-07, 08:38 PM
Ill be PFC upon graduation based on college credit hours.

coplepk04
04-22-07, 08:48 PM
If I graduate boot, I'll be a PFC based on college credit. If all goes well, I won't get much past Lance Corporal before I get my butter bar, either.

Achped
04-22-07, 09:18 PM
Just to clarify, I know you are still recruits at recruit training, but do you get paid as a PFC if you're a contract PFC for those three months?

coplepk04
04-22-07, 09:37 PM
Achped,

Recruits with guaranteed PFC in their contract are paid for boot camp at the rate of E-2 (<2) which is $1,458.90

Recruits without guaranteed PFC are paid at the rate of E-1 (<4 months) which is $1,203.90. After those 4 months they go up to E-1 (<2) which is $1,301.40.

BrentAndrew
04-22-07, 11:32 PM
Upon graduation I'll be PFC from college credit!

killerinstinct
04-23-07, 10:02 AM
LOL... i remember the day when it was aye LCPL and omg if an NCO spoke to you it was like god speaking from the burning bush...

PatriotGirl422
04-23-07, 11:47 AM
I will be a PFC upon graduation because I have college credit.

HLeyb
04-23-07, 12:30 PM
College credits give me the honor and opportunity to graduate PI as a PFC.

CantWaitToSign
04-23-07, 12:38 PM
Haha my recruiter is giving his recruits a sweet deal where as we get one referral to sign up he'll give us our second referral himself..talk about being a dedicated recruiter!

yellowwing
04-23-07, 02:04 PM
I still remember Recruit Klados, a greek kid from NYC. We were all shooting the breeze about rank and MOS assignments. Klados only said, "I don't care. I just want to be a Marine!" :thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-23-07, 02:10 PM
Haha my recruiter is giving his recruits a sweet deal where as we get one referral to sign up he'll give us our second referral himself..talk about being a dedicated recruiter!

Dedicated? No, smart. He has to get his quota. Most people that enlist will be because of his work, not from a poolee doing it. So, he cut his work load a little by setting the bar lower. If you all can get one, just one, person to enlist you will get a promotion. More people are going to make the effort then.

dmdenike
04-23-07, 04:39 PM
I'll be getting my PFC promotion because I did 2 years of JROTC.

Chrisbrv
04-23-07, 07:00 PM
I'll be getting contract PFC though 2 years of NJROTC soon to be 3.

CantWaitToSign
04-26-07, 12:13 PM
I guess I say dedicated because the recruiter my brother had when he signed up was all buddy buddy with him but as soon as he signed the papers the recruiter acted like he didnt even know him, and my recruiter is the complete opposite they say they would gladly go to the mall with us to help us get our referrals. My brother was all on his own. Another thing that sucks...my school doesnt allowed the Marines to come and talk to us students. For example they say that all the other highschools let them walk around during lunchtime and try and recruit people. My school doesnt let them come in and if they do wanna talk to anyone they have to make an appointment and even then it is unlikely they will be allowed to come. Very homosexual of my school if you ask me

osborned
04-26-07, 12:31 PM
I shall have PFC at graduation due to college hours. I've got an associates', which I've been told will help a great deal with advancement later on as well, especially trying to get into MECEP.

Zulu 36
04-26-07, 01:46 PM
It's pretty amazing to me how many ways a recruit can make PFC or even LCpl out of boot camp. When I was in there were only two ways to make PFC out of boot, prior service contract PFC, or meritoriously. Only 10%, max, of the platoon could make meritorious PFC.

My platoon graduated 65 Marines, one was a contract PFC (three years prior Army service), and six meritorious PFCs. And there was a question as to whether the contract PFC counted against the 10% meritorious figure (it didn't).

LCpl wasn 't even a dream in boot camp.

MGySgtSki
04-26-07, 02:34 PM
I guess I say dedicated because the recruiter my brother had when he signed up was all buddy buddy with him but as soon as he signed the papers the recruiter acted like he didnt even know him, and my recruiter is the complete opposite they say they would gladly go to the mall with us to help us get our referrals. My brother was all on his own. Another thing that sucks...my school doesnt allowed the Marines to come and talk to us students. For example they say that all the other highschools let them walk around during lunchtime and try and recruit people. My school doesnt let them come in and if they do wanna talk to anyone they have to make an appointment and even then it is unlikely they will be allowed to come. Very homosexual of my school if you ask me

And, if I remember correctly, very illegal of your school if it's a publicly funded school. Of course, I may be wrong, but I seem to remember this issue being in the news not too long ago.....maybe it was just college campuses though.

S/F

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-26-07, 02:59 PM
MSgt, you are correct. A school that receives any federal funds must allow the recruiters to be there.

CantWaitToSign
04-26-07, 03:02 PM
Well Smack my ass and call me Jimmy! I should probably inform my school about that...

bgsuwoody
04-26-07, 03:12 PM
That is true, but it can be limited to different branches of the services due to programs at the school.

As in my school there is Army and Air Force ROTC and they are the only two branches that are allowed to recruit on our campus. It is due to the programs that are there and therefore the Navy and the Marine Corps as well as the Coast Guard are unable to recruit on any school property. However, for highschool I am unaware of any recruiting policies regarding who can/cannot recruit at the school due to the funding issue.

yellowwing
04-26-07, 03:36 PM
Well you found your way to a Marine Recuiter. How did that happen Woody?

davblay
04-26-07, 03:37 PM
As I remember it in the 80's, Recruiters were allowed to visit during the lunch breaks and could stand in the foyer, or in front of the lunch room, as long as it didn't interfer with the students lunch or studies. They could visit with any, and all, that wanted to come to them and talk! Recruiters were never allowed a one on one with a student at school, those were always at the prospects home or in the office of the recruiter! This is in Tennessee ( which may have change since then)! I don't know about the rest of the states!

CantWaitToSign
04-26-07, 03:46 PM

Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to be like my dad..A MARINE! and as I got older I found my own reasons to be a Marine and that is how I found them...they havent been to my school in so long that when they came to my school to sign papers with me they had no clue where it was haha

usmc2007
04-26-07, 10:14 PM
i will be a PFC upon Graduation from 3 years of NJROTC. unless i get company Honor Grad. if i get that i will be LCPL.

BrentAndrew
04-27-07, 06:21 AM
As I remember it in the 80's, Recruiters were allowed to visit during the lunch breaks and could stand in the foyer, or in front of the lunch room, as long as it didn't interfer with the students lunch or studies. They could visit with any, and all, that wanted to come to them and talk! Recruiters were never allowed a one on one with a student at school, those were always at the prospects home or in the office of the recruiter! This is in Tennessee ( which may have change since then)! I don't know about the rest of the states!

That's how it was in my high school, and I know still is that way.

chrisathey1989
04-27-07, 09:34 AM
i get pfc from three years of njrotc and i got the two referrals for the promotion as well...i think i've got it...

bgsuwoody
04-28-07, 06:14 PM

I have always wanted to enlist in the Marine Corps (my mom is a Major in the Air Force and she hoped I would choose AF after college but...)

I also don't like to do anything half***ed and pampered...what would be the fun in that...

SkilletsUSMC
04-28-07, 06:25 PM
LOL... i remember the day when it was aye LCPL and omg if an NCO spoke to you it was like god speaking from the burning bush...

Its still very much like that. If you are a senior Lance Corporal (Been to Iraq, or somewhere else) you are treated almost like an NCO. Boot Lance Corporals are still treated like Boots... At least in the grunts.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-28-07, 06:36 PM
That is true, but it can be limited to different branches of the services due to programs at the school.

As in my school there is Army and Air Force ROTC and they are the only two branches that are allowed to recruit on our campus. It is due to the programs that are there and therefore the Navy and the Marine Corps as well as the Coast Guard are unable to recruit on any school property. However, for highschool I am unaware of any recruiting policies regarding who can/cannot recruit at the school due to the funding issue.

No, that is a violation of federal law. If there is an AF ROTC program, or no ROTC program doesn't matter. They have to allow recruiters on campus to receive federal funding.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-28-07, 06:40 PM
The decision that would apply is Rumsfeld v. Forum for Academic and Institutional Rights (F.A.I.R.) which upheld the Solomon Amendment passed in 1994.

SgtHMH
04-29-07, 12:02 AM
Well your going to be called worse things than Recruits or Privates, "Maggots, terds, herd, best part of you ran down your mammas leg, did your parents have any kids that lived, I didn't know that stacked **** that high, only thing they have is steers and queers and you don't have horns so it narrows it down, So you think you will be called anything nice ?

Semper Fi

USMCJohnson
04-29-07, 05:14 PM
No, that is a violation of federal law. If there is an AF ROTC program, or no ROTC program doesn't matter. They have to allow recruiters on campus to receive federal funding.

It's kinda funny because my school is an AJROTC school, which by the way is why I'm receiving PFC, But my school is also a Marine school meaning that the Marines recevie the most people out of all the brances from my school. This has been going on now for at least 8 years. My SAI said that they just about have to beg Army recruiters to come to our school. Which is probably why I've seen my recruiter about 10 times at our school and the Army only once and that was the day we took the ASVAB.

chrisathey1989
04-30-07, 08:37 AM
my school is the same way, everyone that doesn't go to college, wants to be a marine...thats why we're the smartest school in sc...:)