PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question.

Jopson
04-22-07, 12:17 PM
I have a really good friend Who is really intrested in joining the DEP, But he is worried about asking my recruiter (Staff Sergeant Morales) about this condition he has, he wants to know if they will let him in the DEP with the HIVES!!. So im doing him a favor and asking on here. For Marines/Poolees who don't know that the hives are, they are red blotches that almost look like whelts sometimes and they are itchy. It is a harmless rash and can be treated with benydrl (sorry for my spelling).

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 01:20 PM
I don't think that condition would necessarily exclude him from eligibility. I was in with guys who had all kinds of non-contageous ailments and disorders. Pardon my spelling here, but here is a partial list...Exema, psoriosis, dermatitis, acne vulgaris, hives, shaving bumps/rash, swimmers itch, etc... and even a few that you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. One guy had crotch crickets, another had lice, another had venerial warts, another had the clap. If it isn't going to kill you or your fellow recruits, and you are capable of training, things can be worked out. Your friend may even find that once he is in a new environment, away from mommy, girlfriend, uncle Ernie, school, the detergent mommy uses, etc...his condition may improve or even vanish...who knows...it's worth the effort to address this issue with a recruiter if your friend wants to be a Marine...

Marine84
04-22-07, 02:06 PM
He'll catch something worse than hives if he ever goes to the Phillipines and the Corps sends them there (and keeps them afterwards) just like they always have.

davblay
04-22-07, 05:11 PM
He'll catch something worse than hives if he ever goes to the Phillipines and the Corps sends them there (and keeps them afterwards) just like they always have.

Kim, you ever serve in those areas? You sound like the voice of experience!!

Belch-----:beer:

Semper Fi.