PDA

View Full Version : Jrotc Promotions?!?!

dmdenike
04-22-07, 10:15 AM
So ive heard since I took 2 years of JROTC that I automatically get the promotion of PFC, is this correct? And will I get it upon entering bootcamp or when I graduate? thanks yall

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 11:00 AM
Two years of JROTC will get you a promotion to PFC. Technically it will happen on the day you go to boot camp- but it doesn't really go into effect until you graduate. Everyone at recruit training is a recruit. When you graduate you will be a PFC and your date of rank will be when you went to boot camp, so you will be promoted to LCPL more quickly than your peers that did not have PFC in their contract.

dmdenike
04-22-07, 11:16 AM
thanks for clearing that up. I know we get paid in bootcamp, will my pay grade throught bootcamp be the PFC rank? thanks alot btw e4b

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 11:37 AM
Yes it will be. But it won't do you any good until you graduate.

dmdenike
04-22-07, 02:10 PM
thanks.

MightyMouse07
04-24-07, 11:10 PM
Any other way to get PFC? I only have on year under my belt and that's because I didn't think about joining the Marine Corps until my last year in high school...I heard there are jobs in Bootcamp that will help with the evaluation on whether a recruit deserves the honor promotion at the end or not

coplepk04
04-25-07, 12:20 AM
I forget the exact numbers, but these are (at least some of) the ways to get a promotion:

Be Company honor grad (~450-some recruits?)
Some squad leaders
Plt. guide
College credit (like 12 hours with a 2.2 GPA or something like that)
Eagle scout

There are probably several more that I forgot/haven't heard of.

HurricaneRJ
04-25-07, 12:42 AM
I thought that if your the Company honor grad, that you would leave LCpl.?

Seeley
04-25-07, 08:54 AM
Company honor grads can get LCpl. if they are already PFC's upon ariving. Make PFC through some other means before boot, anf then get company honor grad to get LCpl.

davblay
04-25-07, 11:02 AM
Impressive signature Seely, I salute you!

Semper Fi!

MightyMouse07
04-25-07, 05:08 PM
Well, what about other jobs in bootcamp? I heard there was a scribe but I don't wanna do that. Any other jobs of leadership I would look into to help myself earn PFC?

Seeley
04-25-07, 07:23 PM
That's pretty much it as I remember.

MightyMouse07
04-25-07, 07:28 PM
Okay, so what must one do to become guide or any of the squad leaders? Must you have any initial requirements to become the stick or squad leaders?

Seeley
04-25-07, 07:30 PM
Just vollunteer and bust your ass the whole time and be prepared to have an example made of you for everything.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-25-07, 07:33 PM
You can start by not inventing terms. There are no stick leaders in boot camp. Honestly, just be the best recruit you can be. If you are deserving, you'll get the spot. Scribe is assigned early, and it is kind of a random thing. If you go in looking to appear impressive to get promoted they will see through you and you'll get to pay the price for putting yourself ahead of the platoon.