PDA

View Full Version : Bootcamp questions.

dmdenike
04-21-07, 06:02 PM
So, I soon will be in the DEP program [[as of may 2007]]. Im a junior in highschool. My grades aren't the best. But Im not stupid. Today I went to a POOLEE function at Cary Highschool, NC. Im in very good physical shape [I did 20 pull ups in the pull up station-7 werent counted because it was the beggining and I didnt extend fully (BS!)] But either way I can do 20 pull ups no prob, im like 120 lbs. Im 5'6. Will i meet the height/weight requirment? Also, I did TWO years of JROTC since ive been in highschool. Will this promote me to PFC? One more thing--will I have any trouble passing physical tests for RECON [[I can do 20 pull ups, 87 crunches in a minute, and run pretty decent, oh yeah i swim like a fish]]

thanks

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

RSS SANFORD NC

Master Sephiroth
04-21-07, 06:33 PM
First thing you should do is fill up your profile, or SSgt. Nelson won't be a happy camper

USMC90
04-21-07, 07:16 PM
What's with the new guys always wanting to go Recon? No offense dmdenike but it seems most people who say I want Recon, Army SF whatever are usually the ones who wouldn't be able to find their ass in a sh*t storm... I see a lot of that at school. Again no offense.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-21-07, 08:04 PM
You will have to run a 285 PFT to even be considered. With only 87 crunches and "pretty decent" running you aren't there.

dmdenike
04-21-07, 09:00 PM
well thanks anyway e4b. and USMC90--my dad was in the 2nd marines 2nd Amphibious RECON, he died in duty and im trying to do it out of respect. thanks.

Motorola07
04-21-07, 09:24 PM
They are trying to help you out... Get your run up to top notch shape. Sitsups get them over 100 and your run time... work on it everyday.. run and run... You want to be recon, be in top shape...

SnowPaint078
04-21-07, 09:24 PM
So, I soon will be in the DEP program [[as of may 2007]]. Im a junior in highschool. My grades aren't the best. But Im not stupid. Today I went to a POOLEE function at Cary Highschool, NC. Im in very good physical shape [I did 20 pull ups in the pull up station-7 werent counted because it was the beggining and I didnt extend fully (BS!)] But either way I can do 20 pull ups no prob, im like 120 lbs. Im 5'6. Will i meet the height/weight requirment? Also, I did TWO years of JROTC since ive been in highschool. Will this promote me to PFC? One more thing--will I have any trouble passing physical tests for RECON [[I can do 20 pull ups, 87 crunches in a minute, and run pretty decent, oh yeah i swim like a fish]]

thanks

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

RSS SANFORD NC

When I went to MEPS I weighed 120 lbs and I am 5'10 1/2. I was 1 lbs over minimum requirement, So I think you should be fine right there (I now weigh 130). I have a current contract for RECON but that doesnt mean I will get it of course. As stated earlier, it is a dream of a lot of recruits. I am fortunate enough to be guarenteed a try out. First worry about bootcamp then worry about your MOS. & as for the requirements they are very demanding I have a 274 PFT currently Im working to get a perfect before I leave. I will be done w/ bootcamp before you ship if everything goes alright. So I will be able to inform you of everything and RECON If I do make the physical requirements during basic. But important thing, "One foot in front of the other". Worry about becoming a Marine first.

isaac3451027
04-21-07, 09:43 PM
hey snowpaint o87 thats nice of you good to look out for each other maby you can inform me to, im still under age by a year but i got the asvab scores for it and thanks to wrestling i got 120 crunches 30 pull ups 18.00 3mile run weight 172 6feet tall and 3 year rotc.

HLeyb
04-21-07, 09:51 PM
87 crunches in a minute, and run pretty decent, oh yeah i swim like a fish]]

thanks

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

RSS SANFORD NC

With 87 crunches in one minute you're fine since I assume you can break 100 in 2 minutes easily. I wish you the best of luck.

USMC90
04-21-07, 10:07 PM
well thanks anyway e4b. and USMC90--my dad was in the 2nd marines 2nd Amphibious RECON, he died in duty and im trying to do it out of respect. thanks.

Sorry to hear that. God bless him.

Best of luck in trying to walk in your fathers boots. I'm sure he would be proud.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 12:34 AM
With 87 crunches in one minute you're fine since I assume you can break 100 in 2 minutes easily. I wish you the best of luck.

I didn't read well enough--- ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS IMPORTANT-- if you have 87 in one minute you're doing fine on that issue. Get your run in shape and you'll be good on that. Being able to swim well is your friend once you get past the PFT and to the indoc!

dmdenike
04-22-07, 08:02 AM
thanks for all the help yall.

grodunt
04-22-07, 08:06 AM
You still need to follow site rules and fill out your profile.

dmdenike
04-22-07, 08:25 AM
im about to.

Jopson
04-22-07, 11:52 AM

God Bless! :usmc:

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 01:36 PM
You guys are awesome! Keep up the great work and keep each other motivated!

Cody89
08-05-07, 04:24 PM
wad up nice to finally find u