PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull and Marines?

rickfjr74
04-21-07, 02:09 PM
Heres what's up.......I have a cousin who is currently in Iraq and he just got there. My other Marine friend who's in Iraq said that they would like me to send them energy drinks because in Iraq they rarley see energy drinks+ they need some energy lol. Now I'm going to send my Marine friend energy drinks but it cost about $10.00 just for 4-5 drinks......soo this time when i'm gunna send my cousin drinks i decided it was just getting too expensive so I wrote Red Bull a persuasive letter asking to send our troops some bull....here's the email I got back....

"We love hearing from our US Armed Forces and their supporters. We for
sure believe our troops can use wiiings!

We've put our heads together trying to figure out a way to send our
troops the gift of energy. We've had a lot of creative ideas - one of them
included disguising ourselves as military armed with cans of Red Bull.
Unfortunately due to mailing restrictions and international
agricultural laws, we aren't able to send Red Bull their way =(.

We don't want to leave you empty-handed, though. If you provide me with
their APO/FPO, I can send a little something their way that I hope they
will enjoy!"

Now she said that I have to give her their APO/FPO...(I beleive Marines are FPO) and on google it said FPO is Fleet postal service....does this mean shes going to send red bull to all the Marines since she asked for the postal service and not the unit, name ect....?

P.S. sorry about long post just wanted you guys to get full story.....:D

Motorola07
04-21-07, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately due to mailing restrictions and international
agricultural laws, we aren't able to send Red Bull their way
No offense. But they are probably sending a t-shirt.

poolee18
04-21-07, 02:30 PM
I would ahve to agree with moto.

Quinbo
04-21-07, 04:49 PM
An FPO address is not a giant group thing as in the entire fleet has the same address. It is a personal U.S. address for troops overseas. You must include a name and unit in the address or forget it. You can not address a letter to joe smoe in that fighting hole over by that palm tree in BFE, but you can send a letter to Joe Smoe at FPO whatever, Unit blaza blah and he will get his mail. Generally a FPO address is a substitute for a city and state.

Whatever Red Bull sends I'm sure it would be appreciated. I recommend that you find out his FPO address and unit and ask them to send enough for the Marines of unit X with a count or approx count .... (exaggerate the count). Simply addressed to the Marines of unit X FPO San Francisco or whatever.