PDA

View Full Version : Airborne

paintballtroop
04-20-07, 05:35 PM
I was also interested in being in the airborne but I dont know if Marines have any airborne units. I was wondering if they do and what all you have to do to be in the airborne. Thanks.

FistFu68
04-20-07, 05:40 PM
:evilgrin: HELL YES -PAINTBALL,FROM THE EARLY;RIPCORD RAIDERS TO THE PRESENT DAY-PARA.MARINE.YOU WILL FIND ALL THE PUCKER-FACTOR,YOU'R YOUNG HEAD AND AZZ DESIRES?:evilgrin: SEMPER~FORCE:iwo:

bigdog43701
04-20-07, 06:11 PM
is it just me or are there a lot of these "wannabees" asking all these questions when all they have to do is type in a key word (like airborne) in the search area and get their dumb a$$ questions answered themselves.

Marine84
04-20-07, 06:21 PM
it's me and you bigdog

davblay
04-20-07, 07:31 PM
I'm right behind you KIM! :beer:

SkilletsUSMC
04-20-07, 08:03 PM
is it just me or are there a lot of these "wannabees" asking all these questions when all they have to do is type in a key word (like airborne) in the search area and get their dumb a$$ questions answered themselves.

I think some of these kids got so excited that they just want post anything that comes to mind.

For the original poster,

there are no "airborne" units, but many units have Marines who are airborne qualified.

As far as the equivialent to air assault, every infantry Battalion has a company of Marines who specialize in helo operations.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-20-07, 08:17 PM
There are units in the Marine Corps that jump. There are some people in other units that go to jump school. Chances are very good that you will do neither. Cargo planes don't fit on the amphib ships, so it isn't really an option. Helo, boat, truck, and walking are how Marines usually insert.

SkilletsUSMC
04-20-07, 10:38 PM
There are units in the Marine Corps that jump. There are some people in other units that go to jump school. Chances are very good that you will do neither. Cargo planes don't fit on the amphib ships, so it isn't really an option. Helo, boat, truck, and walking are how Marines usually insert.

Not to disagree witgha fellow Marine, but I dont know who this Airborne unit is. I guess Recon, but not all of them are jump qualled

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-20-07, 11:04 PM
ANGLICO is what I was thinking of.

FistFu68
04-21-07, 12:27 AM
:evilgrin: HALO.MARINES;ARE ACTIVE WITH ALL.SPEC'OP'S UNIT'S IN THE WORLD THE USMC,PARA LOFT IS AMONG THE FINEST IN THE WORLD OF ALL BRANCHES!!! HA-HO IS ALSO AN OPTION!!!:evilgrin: SEMPER~FORCE

davblay
04-21-07, 01:46 AM
The term AIRBORNE is a ARMY term! There are two major AB units in this country, the 101st and the 82nd! The Army's Special Forces are usually, pretty well, all Paratroopers. The Marine Corps does send some Marines to Fort Benning to get Paratrooper qualified, but I don't know the requirements for that. I know I have seen Marines, in class, at Benning!

bigdog43701
04-21-07, 07:58 AM
here's one for you all...who came up with AIR ASSAULT? the Marine Corps of course. we have been doing it for years..repelling from choppers, fast roping etc. the army just named a school for it and gives out a neat shiney badge to wear.

as far as AIRBORE units...the 101st is now (after nam) officially AIR ASSAULT and not AIRBORNE.

jinelson
04-21-07, 08:02 AM
I love a good verticle envelopment assualt OORAH!!!

Jim

Marine84
04-21-07, 09:27 AM
I do mine horizontal Jim - HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

bigdog43701
04-21-07, 09:39 AM
kim, kim, kim...watch out girlfriend!

davblay
04-21-07, 11:06 AM
Spoken like a true BAM, KIM! :beer:

bigdog43701
04-21-07, 12:01 PM
davblay...don't forget...you asked for it...sick 'em kim