PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else get taken off of IRR??

Former Corporal
04-20-07, 01:32 PM
I just recieved orders to return to active duty from IRR. It's been nearly 2 years since I was in. I'm not any near the same kind of shape I was when I left not to mention the fact that I just had a baby boy that I really don't want to leave. Anyone got any advice for how to cope with this before I lose my mind?

Zulu 36
04-20-07, 03:20 PM
You enlisted knowing IRR for a certain time period was the end result after active duty of less than eight years. Call up from IRR is always a possibility. We're at war, like it or not, agree with it or not. You enlisted and there was no draft. Starting working out, they'll give you some time once you're back to get fit.

As they frequently told us in boot camp, "Nobody promised you a rose garden." Not long afterward I was in Vietnam and it certainly did not smell like roses.

I went to Desert Storm as a National Guardsman and didn't even think of dodging it with a six-year old daughter at home. She was three-weeks old when I deployed to Italy for a month with the Guard. I didn't even think of dodging that either, although it was offered. Men who sign contracts and make certain agreements don't dodge their duty when called.

BTW. My daughter is now a Senior Airman in the Air Force Reserves and has volunteered to serve in the sand box. She's on the list and will likely see Iraq next year.

10thzodiac
04-20-07, 03:20 PM
I just received orders to return to active duty from IRR. It's been nearly 2 years since I was in. I'm not any near the same kind of shape I was when I left not to mention the fact that I just had a baby boy that I really don't want to leave. Anyone got any advice for how to cope with this before I lose my mind?

I'd get a tattoo of a swastika right in the middle of my frigging forehead, a big one :D

I'm not kidding

My little girl was born days before I went to Vietnam, do you think I wanted to go ? I was locked in sliding down a slippery slope to get my ass shot, for what ?

Later, when I and another Marine got orders to go to the Dominican Republic form 2nd Marine Division (Service Battalion) I refused to sign a too short wavier, the other Marine was a Warrant Officer he had no choice, locked in. My daughter has a father, unfortunately, the W.O. children have a Purple Heart, for what ?

outlaw3179
04-20-07, 03:53 PM
Suck it the **** up Corporal . Heres how you deal with it . You reach inside your panties find some testicular fortitude and march the fu*k on. Whining about now your a conscientious objector, making this post hoping someone will find pity , and give you a shoulder to cry on. fu*k that. U Signed the Motherfu*king Contract. Semper Fi Marine. How bout that for advice.

davblay
04-20-07, 04:41 PM
Formercorporal, there ain't no such thing as former! You are still a marine, do your duty , suck it up and pack your ****!

GunsUp
04-20-07, 05:12 PM
Hmmm... I remember somewhere in my contract it did state 8 years total enlistment time.

It's now a question for you to have to answer for yourself. Do you suck it up and continue to march and see what happens ahead or do you sit in your armchair thinking about how you're going to dodge this? I can tell you that if you dodge it, you'll have to look at yourself everyday and think about whether you did the right thing or not. I'm sure you can justify all day about how you paid your dues and you shouldn't have to go again... Well, there are plenty of other guys in your position that have said that and still they went because they understood the concept of duty and obligation. If you don't go, possibly somebody else's brother, son, husband, father will have to. I don't know about you but I never let someone else carry my load or take my place in the line to be counted.

I tried not to throw in the whole God and Country rhetoric in this reply because most of that ****e goes out the window once the first round is cranked off. Think of others who have gone before you, right or wrong, and fulfilled their service obligations.

By the Way "Former Corporal", have you been using all your VA benefits?

FistFu68
04-20-07, 05:29 PM
:evilgrin: NO MAN WHO HAS EVER BEEN TO WAR,WANT'S TO BE THERE UNLESS THEY ARE FRIGGING CRAZY. BUT YOU TOOK AN OATH;IF ANYTHING IS WORTH FIGHTING AND DYING FOR,IT'S YOU'R FAMILY;AND YOU'R OWN SKIN.MAN AFTER SEEING A'LOT OF BAD CHIT,THEN GETTING POPPED TWICE!!THEN AFTER THAT STILL GOING BAC TO THE INSANITY,WHY BECAUSE OF MY FELLOW MARINES,MY FAMILY AND LIFE AS WE KNOW IT NOW IN AMERICA!I DON'T HAVE A BLIND HATRED OF THE MUSLIM'S I'M JUST HIP,TO THEIR CHIT;AND I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO AID IN KILLING THEIR AZZEZ!!!:beer:

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 06:51 PM
I enlisted in '82, shipped to boot in April of '83, and served active duty until April of '87. When I enlisted, my contract was for 4 active and 2 IRR, which put me out of obligation in April of '89. In January of '91 I received a standby notice and a reporting date to the nearest IRR center. I never questioned it. I reported to the IRR center, did my paperwork, and stood the f*** by for recall. Because of my MOS I was told that I would have to be ancient, deaf, blind or half dead to not be subject to recall for a very long time. Not a problem.

jryanjack
04-20-07, 07:03 PM
You enlisted knowing IRR for a certain time period was the end result after active duty of less than eight years. Call up from IRR is always a possibility. We're at war, like it or not, agree with it or not. You enlisted and there was no draft. Starting working out, they'll give you some time once you're back to get fit.

As they frequently told us in boot camp, "Nobody promised you a rose garden." Not long afterward I was in Vietnam and it certainly did not smell like roses.

I went to Desert Storm as a National Guardsman and didn't even think of dodging it with a six-year old daughter at home. She was three-weeks old when I deployed to Italy for a month with the Guard. I didn't even think of dodging that either, although it was offered. Men who sign contracts and make certain agreements don't dodge their duty when called.

BTW. My daughter is now a Senior Airman in the Air Force Reserves and has volunteered to serve in the sand box. She's on the list and will likely see Iraq next year.

This pretty much says it all - no one forced you to enlist, you chose to enlist while your country was at war, if you had objections to the war then you should not have enlisted, its really that simple.

sgt tony
04-20-07, 07:34 PM
I'd get a tattoo of a swastika right in the middle of my frigging forehead, a big one :D

I'm not kidding

My little girl was born days before I went to Vietnam, do you think I wanted to go ? I was locked in sliding down a slippery slope to get my ass shot, for what ?

Later, when I and another Marine got orders to go to the Dominican Republic form 2nd Marine Division (Service Battalion) I refused to sign a too short wavier, the other Marine was a Warrant Officer he had no choice, locked in. My daughter has a father, unfortunately, the W.O. children have a Purple Heart, for what ?
Oh yes go get that tattoo and give them a true target.

If you are the man the Marines has made then you will suck it up and start running sit up and pull ups to get ready.
Hey if they say you can have some one else go in your place have them e-mail me I would love the chance to take a shot or tow.

jebollenbach
04-20-07, 09:01 PM
Corporal you are probably one of those PU**ies who only signed up to get a free education. Well guess what, school is in session and your going. So for once in your life be a man, shut up and do your duty!!

USMC-FO
04-20-07, 09:23 PM
Not getting a whole lot of sympthy here are you Cpl.....what did you expect asking a question such as this on this site?? Assuming you're a Marine you suck it up and do your duty, that's the deal you made. You stand by your word I will assume. I am sure there are a great many old farts on this site that would welcome the chance to go back on active duty and they have children and in many cases grandchildren. Good luck !

capmarine
04-20-07, 09:28 PM
better understand the military has you for a LOT longer than 8yrs.you are subject to recall for several decades.

10thzodiac
04-20-07, 09:39 PM
Oh yes go get that tattoo and give them a true target.

In Christianity, the swastika is sometimes seen as a hooked cross, and as symbolizing Christ's victory over death.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/ae/Extreme_Unction_Rogier_Van_der_Weyden.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Extreme_Unction_Rogier_Van_der_Weyden.jpg)

echo3oscar1833
04-20-07, 10:02 PM
Look dude, I honestly find your remarks to be insulting. There are alot of guys like myself that are on medical, that cant go back in that want to go back in that cant. There are many of us in this situation that would welcome an involuntary recall just to go serve there country and do what they have to do. And PS dont pull that Im a CPL bullshi^ on me, and think your higher than me I t dosnt work. Do your job. I feel bad for your daughter, and you on this but thats not the point you have an IRR obligation and when you sign the contract you go when they say you go. Suck it Marine and do your job. Semper Fidelis Marine, Look it up it seems to me that you forgot what it means
:evilgrin::evilgrin::iwo:

gwladgarwr
04-20-07, 10:02 PM
Hmmm... I remember somewhere in my contract it did state 8 years total enlistment time.

It's now a question for you to have to answer for yourself. Do you suck it up and continue to march and see what happens ahead or do you sit in your armchair thinking about how you're going to dodge this? I can tell you that if you dodge it, you'll have to look at yourself everyday and think about whether you did the right thing or not. I'm sure you can justify all day about how you paid your dues and you shouldn't have to go again... Well, there are plenty of other guys in your position that have said that and still they went because they understood the concept of duty and obligation. If you don't go, possibly somebody else's brother, son, husband, father will have to. I don't know about you but I never let someone else carry my load or take my place in the line to be counted.

I tried not to throw in the whole God and Country rhetoric in this reply because most of that ****e goes out the window once the first round is cranked off. Think of others who have gone before you, right or wrong, and fulfilled their service obligations.

By the Way "Former Corporal", have you been using all your VA benefits?

You know, everyone has his/her own business going on, and that's cool. Do what you have to do.

BUT...a man's word (OK, I'll be PC here...a woman's word, too) is better than a signature on a contract. Man up, then be able to look yourself in the mirror and say that you can respect yourself...and that's without even being in the military or being a Marine.

I'm just another Joe Schmoe trying to get by and with much to lose (materially) just like everybody else. But, if my Corps asks me to step up...and if I back down...I can just hand my man-card in and take down all the mirrors in my house because I don't know if I could stand to look at myself everyday - and that's even after I became rich or whatever.

The Marine's right: suck it up, kiss your wife and kids good-bye on the tarmac, and be a man...and a Marine. Your wife and kids will respect you more for stepping up than if you stayed behind and let a 17-year old with his whole life ahead of him die trying to protect your cowardly a**. Life's full of choices, but are those choices all about YOU, or are they all about something bigger that includes yourself? Only you can make that call. Out.

Sgt gw:flag:

10thzodiac
04-20-07, 10:20 PM
Let someone tell me Bush and the Iraqis need me and wrap it up in the Marine Corps flag
<CENTER>http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif</CENTER>

gwladgarwr
04-20-07, 10:35 PM
Let someone tell me Bush and the Iraqis need me and wrap it up in the Marine Corps flag
<CENTER>http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif</CENTER>

Look, idiot: if you were an actual Marine, you would not refer to the flag of the Marine Corps a "flag" - it is called "colors".

Please do us all a favor and remove your fake profile, fake picture, and fake Marine Corps history off of this site.

And while you're at it: find yourself some meaningful employment (i.e., "get a job") instead of trying to impress the good folks on this site with your playing both sides of the left/right divide.

Oh, by the way: don't hate on the Jews - at least they have jobs...unlike you. Dismissed.

SkilletsUSMC
04-20-07, 10:42 PM
Ibtl:(

jinelson
04-20-07, 10:55 PM
by 10thzodiac -

How the hell were you going to get your ass shot on a damn ship? I dont call that going to Vietnam, I call that going to safety like when I was medevaced from Vietnam to the USS Sanctuary (AH-17)! Those who have no idea of what they are going to get their ass shot for have no business in the Corps, or are you now going to say you were drafted by our brutal incompetant government against your will? I enlisted and went of my own free will and knew exactly what I may have been killed or wounded for, of course I dont hate my country and want to see it handed to our enemies like you seem too. And stop using Smedley as a pacifist when he was a hero that died before and didnt have a chance to fight the Japs.

Jim

echo3oscar1833
04-20-07, 11:00 PM
Look, idiot: if you were an actual Marine, you would not refer to the flag of the Marine Corps a "flag" - it is called "colors".

Please do us all a favor and remove your fake profile, fake picture, and fake Marine Corps history off of this site.

And while you're at it: find yourself some meaningful employment (i.e., "get a job") instead of trying to impress the good folks on this site with your playing both sides of the left/right divide.

Oh, by the way: don't hate on the Jews - at least they have jobs...unlike you. Dismissed.

Hey Sgt, look I dont know who you are, but in the time that I have been on here I have known Skillet to be a fine Marine and is a Marines Marine, however you may look at it, so do us a favor you need to STFU, and take a step back before you bash a highly repected Marine that has been on this forum for a long time Semper Fi!!!!

:evilgrin: PS Marine what you said ****ed me off, but I know it probably ****ed off alot of others off to!!!

Also These two threads that relate to this matter are getting out of hand and need to be locked Moderaters I ask you to take notice before we have some issues that will not be able to be resolved.
:mad:

jinelson
04-20-07, 11:14 PM
Echo with repsect you need to read who was repling to who. Skillet is not involved with this ****ing match.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thzodiac

Sgt gw

echo3oscar1833
04-20-07, 11:46 PM
Echo with repsect you need to read who was repling to who. Skillet is not involved with this ****ing match.:)

Quote:

Sgt gw

SSgt your right sorry lol, I ment to how that Marine responded to 10th Zodiac, Sry lol. To the Marine above who responded to 10th Zodiac that way I still stand by what I say. Thanks for the correction SSgt.
:marine:

8th&I Marine
04-21-07, 01:57 AM
I think I am gonna put my .02 cents worth on this. Grow some nuts punk. You signed a contract to do your duty in our Marine Corps, suck it up and do it. If you happen to decide not to do your duty as a Marine I know a few Ft Worth Police officer that help you make the right decision. If that doesnt work move out of Texas as a matter of fact move to anothe country you POS.

Cantrell:flag:

hrscowboy
04-21-07, 03:00 AM
well well well do we have a lynchin party here.. WTF do i have here a Marine that has decided to not fulfill his promise to my Country or the Flag?? You signed your John Handcock on the dotted line for a term of 8 years you little panty waisted peice of crap, get your **** in order and report to the beings your suppose too, because everytime I see a thread on this site with your name I promise you I am gonna ride herd on your Arse you yellow livered piece of a human being..

Sgt Leprechaun
04-21-07, 07:24 AM
This is NOT a sympathetic group. LOL. Nor, would I expect it to be.

I am fully aware that it does SUCK to be called back up. However, you did sign the contract.

I do have one issue with your profile, tho. In it, you state you are/were in Iraqi Freedom, etc. However, you also state you never left Hawaii. Did I read that wrong? If I did, my apologies. If I didn't, then you aren't a 'veteran' of OIF if you didn't do time in the sandbox. At least, in my opinion you aren't, anyway. By all means, correct me here.

10thzodiac
04-21-07, 07:50 AM
Quote:

Sgt gw

What is all this yadda, yadda: if you don't support George, the neo-con's, get a job, quit calling colors flags you idiot, love Jews, before one can be a Marine http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/06.gif

BTW Jim, congratulations on your promotion, Peter principle http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

semperfi170
04-21-07, 08:13 AM
Cpl: I agree with those posting to this thread, you still have an obligation!!! So, get your head straight and report as ordered. I am to old to go back according to age limits, but if called I would serve and do it gladly. This war is only less popular now because of the media and the same group of liberals that denigrated those of us who served in Vietnam and decided tucking our tails and running would end that war peacefully.

You may have doubts and not want to leave your daughter but you also did sign the contract of your own free will.

1stRad2671
04-21-07, 07:30 PM
BTDT, got the certified letter in the mail February 2003. Showed up at Q-town as ordered at the end of the month. Before I knew it I was hanging out with G Co 2/8 in Al-Kut, Iraq.

I was actually kind of glad I was recalled. The Corps NEEDED me, that's means a lot. Plus I was feeling kind of left out when I saw that my entire (or majority of) former unit was getting sent over. All that training and I was missing out on all the real action that can't get any more specific to my MOS. Problem solved. :thumbup:

better understand the military has you for a LOT longer than 8yrs.you are subject to recall for several decades.
Umm... no. Try again. That only applies to officers until they resign their commissions.

Marine84
04-21-07, 08:22 PM
I LOVE IT! :banana: <br />
<br />
CPL - that's fkd up man. YOU signed the contract - you have no Honor at all if you don't finish it out. They should change the type Discharge AND reup code you get.

10thzodiac
04-21-07, 09:29 PM

You better tell L'neck to change it toohttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

http://www.leatherneck.com/mall/customer/product.php?productid=60&cat=0&page=

The picture is obviously fake, but do you want to put your money where your mouth is on the rest of my profile, youngster ?

I gave my corporation to my son when I was fifty-three, eleven years ago, I haven't worked a day since, don't need the money. Oh, BTW if it wasn't for me emulating a Jew's business that I worked a week for (I catch on fast), I'd still be scratching sh!t with the chickens. I thank God everyday for Jews, especially Jesus http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Show me were, I specifically said I hate Jews ? As for me not having a job, I told the wife the other day we can make money selling her cooking, she said, "I don't need the money." I tried...

Sgt gw

Shalom (Peace)

10thzhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Flags/israel-flag-51.gif

<CENTER></CENTER>

bootlace15
04-21-07, 10:02 PM
I'll be a mother fuken womans libber,if the men can do so can I. Shut your pie hole up and just do it. Whiner or weiner? Semper Fi , not in shape? OOOOHHHHHH B.A.M.

bootlace15 out

jinelson
04-22-07, 12:25 AM
Kim why ya always gotta be stirrin it up? LMAO ;)

Jim

semperfi170
04-22-07, 12:40 AM
Way to put it to the freakin crybaby puke!!! I'll bet you would whip his sorry a** in pugil pit given the chance!

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 05:43 AM
No doubt.

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 10:01 AM
Sgt Lep...your signature pretty much sums this whole issue right up, doesn't it??? lol

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 10:03 AM
Yeah....it kinda does.

My kids know this quote 'by heart'. That, and 'panic kills'.

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 10:15 AM
"Panic Kills." Can I use that one? And then there's the one little bit of latin that my dad ever taught me...Semper Ub Sub Ub! (always wear underwear). It has saved me untold amounts of grief over the years!!!

Phantom Blooper
04-22-07, 11:22 AM
Fulfill your obligation and........
http://www.ywg-web.com/images/grlpanties.jpg

yellowwing
04-22-07, 11:33 AM
(a little help for my SSgt Bro)

Marine84
04-22-07, 12:12 PM
Couldn't help it Jim - somebody passed the stirrer to me.

I totally understand why he feels like he does but...................If it were me, I wouldn't have even felt the need to come in here and get ya'lls opinion on it. I wouldn't have been able to look myself in the face had I not finished out that contract.

Hell, after 911 I called THEM wanting to go back in - I figured they would waive EVERYTHING at that point. He pretty much told me they were still looking for a few good men not a few old ladies (I was 40 by then). I tried to get back in for Desert Storm (and I had only been done with IRR for about a year and 1/2) and they wouldn't take prior service (which I thought was pretty stupid) then.

He should have no question in his mind.

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 12:20 PM
84...same thing...I was on the phone with Lansing right after the second tower fell...all I got was "We really appreciate what you are trying to do, but you're just a tad bit old for us at this time." I offered to go sit a position and free up a youngster for the fleet...no go...I guess there comes a time when even the Corps has to put some out to pasture...that makes it really hard to see some ingrate trying to dodge his sworn duty like this...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 12:32 PM
I'm in the same boat with ya'll. Too old to fight, but young enough to still want to.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 12:33 PM
"Panic Kills." Can I use that one? And then there's the one little bit of latin that my dad ever taught me...Semper Ub Sub Ub! (always wear underwear). It has saved me untold amounts of grief over the years!!!

By ALL means!! :bunny:

Zulu 36
04-22-07, 01:24 PM
84...same thing...I was on the phone with Lansing right after the second tower fell...all I got was "We really appreciate what you are trying to do, but you're just a tad bit old for us at this time." I offered to go sit a position and free up a youngster for the fleet...no go...I guess there comes a time when even the Corps has to put some out to pasture...that makes it really hard to see some ingrate trying to dodge his sworn duty like this...

I pestered the Air Force (since I'm actually retired from the Michigan Air National Guard) after 9/11 about going back in and doing something. They were nice, but essentially told me thanks, but no way.

I'm still willing to go back in and do something, although they'd have to put up with some medical problems and a weight control issue. I'd have no problem getting a high and tight, although there wouldn't be a whole lot left on top either. :D

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 01:49 PM
For what it's worth, I think if the fight ever came wholesale to these shores, we'd all be one helluva built-in fighting force. We can just assume that that is what they are saving us all for...kinda takes the sting out, doesn't it??? lol

Marine84
04-22-07, 01:59 PM
For what it's worth, I think if the fight ever came wholesale to these shores, we'd all be one helluva built-in fighting force. We can just assume that that is what they are saving us all for...kinda takes the sting out, doesn't it??? lol

Yeah, yeah that's the ticket. It would be some $h!t though, right? If it ever happened here - pull up on the shore and get met by a bunch of DEVIL DOGS! AND none of us would have to give 2 thoughts about popping caps in no a$$e$. MY only ROE would be shoot first, question later if they're still alive.

Zulu 36
04-22-07, 02:02 PM
Kim, you're a mean, nasty person. I like you. :marine:

yellowwing
04-22-07, 02:33 PM
Yeah, yeah that's the ticket. It would be some $h!t though, right? If it ever happened here - pull up on the shore and get met by a bunch of DEVIL DOGS! AND none of us would have to give 2 thoughts about popping caps in no a$$e$. MY only ROE would be shoot first, question later if they're still alive.

Worth posting again:

Pace spoke to veterans when he said today's service members "value the legacy you have given us."

"We cherish the freedoms of this country; we will fight for this country until the very last man or woman," he said. "And it will not happen, but in case somebody were able to get past that 2.4 million folks, there are 25 million living veterans in this country who are ready to strap it back on and do what's necessary."
:iwo:

davecerami275
04-22-07, 02:43 PM
&lt;MAP name=mapProducts&gt;&lt;AREA title=Pantiliners shape=RECT coords=0,3,66,100 href=&quot;/na/products/product.asp?h=l&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;AREA title=&quot;Ultra Thin Pads&quot; shape=RECT coords=68,32,165,100...

cplewg
04-22-07, 02:51 PM
Does me good to see I'm not the only one that would go back in if they slacked off the age requirement a little (very little;) ). Semper Fi!!

Phantom Blooper
04-22-07, 06:31 PM
Thanks Wing! :beer: :evilgrin:

davblay
04-22-07, 11:50 PM
I was discharged from the IRR on May 18, 1990, and they wouldn't let me go to Desert Storm! Said I was to old at 39!

zx6rdr
04-24-07, 12:04 PM
I was on the IRR for two years.... working, going to school getting on with my life... Then came the phone call, the LCpl on the other end said that it was a voluntary recall and I didnt have to go if I chose not to.... 3 weeks later I was in Fallujah.

Man up, do your duty and get on with life...

Marine84
04-24-07, 09:09 PM
I was on the IRR for two years.... working, going to school getting on with my life... Then came the phone call, the LCpl on the other end said that it was a voluntary recall and I didnt have to go if I chose not to.... 3 weeks later I was in Fallujah.

Man up, do your duty and get on with life...

OOHRAH! Semper Fi!

ZSKI
04-24-07, 09:46 PM
I just think its funny the Corps is calling up IRR when there are qualified Marines in our ranks willing and wanting to go. Our unit hasn't deployed our full detachment in 3 years and only sent it once. I volunteered once and others have done it 3 or 4 times bolth when our deployment time came close to our deployment time we have been told to stand down. We want at least one turn before its all over.

zx6rdr
04-25-07, 09:35 AM
I just think its funny the Corps is calling up IRR when there are qualified Marines in our ranks willing and wanting to go. Our unit hasn't deployed our full detachment in 3 years and only sent it once. I volunteered once and others have done it 3 or 4 times bolth when our deployment time came close to our deployment time we have been told to stand down. We want at least one turn before its all over.

Its great that there are young marines ready to join the fight, but the reason that they call up marines from the IRR is: There are marines with experience in certain MOS's, also certain billets require a certain rank.

Semper Fi and stay motivated....

ZSKI
04-25-07, 09:56 AM
As far as i understand it corporal they are hurting for our MOS.

zx6rdr
04-25-07, 03:04 PM
Well... I am not sure what advice to give you...

I see from your profile that you are stationed at a air force base, Are you sure that your unit is deployable?

Another thing you may be able to do is volunteer for a IA (individual augment) position. I know when I was over there there were a couple of marines that were IA's from okinawa where there orginal unit was not deployable (base).

What is your MOS?

Echo5November
04-26-07, 10:55 AM
Welcome to the suck Corporal. Now act like an NCO and cowboy the f*ck up. I'd suggest get a haircut, start running, and stop crying about being a Marine. If that doesn't sit well, you could always permanently part your hair with a Smith and Wesson .40

Williamwfh
04-28-07, 01:46 AM
It is wise to be cautious when entering a battle field. In Vietnam 1965 my prayer included, to wake me if any enemy came near me and to let me know their location before I woke, on the roads I was most cautious for hidden bombs, and that nightly prayer soon it included snakes and retiles capable of doing me harm for which there was little, or no recovery.

Post Vietnam I discovered amazingly but true, many U.S. citizens are not able to distinguishing the difference between a republic, and a republic with a strong democracy. Therefore, they cannot determine the difference between those two governments and fascism.

Now I am a private citizen with much pro se activity in the governments’ of the world. And, the U.S. military forces in the middle east of the modern day world are among the most brave and valorous of all for they represent much more than our mere political words have convey. This is about humanity, our future, and who we are as a people.

I never entered the Marine Corps to kill, nor did I go to Vietnam for the simple purpose of killing. Would I return to the battle field, if I could I would do it all over again but letting it be known, its so the people can distinguish the difference between a republic, and a republic with a strong democracy. Therefore, they cannot become the fascist government.

Best of luck, and follow your training and preparedness, and instincts.