PDA

View Full Version : Is this rapper really a former Marine?

thedrifter
04-20-07, 06:54 AM
Is this rapper really a former Marine?
By Kimberly Johnson - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Apr 20, 2007 5:37:50 EDT

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/news/2007/04/marine_austin_bioniq_070419/mt_saustin_800_070419_287.jpg

Ymc Records
Dallas-based hip-hop artist and Billboard Music chart topper Steve Austin, known as Bioniq MC, says a lot of things in his past have shaped his 'banging beats,' most notably his time in the Marine Corps. But the Corps says it never heard of him.

Budding Dallas-based hip-hop artist and Billboard Music chart topper Steve Austin says a lot of things in his past have shaped his “banging beats,” most notably his time in the Marine Corps.

With the April 24 release of his new album, “800 LB Gorilla,” it’s a subject the former staff sergeant, who now is known as the Bioniq MC, was only too happy to talk about with Marine Corps Times. “My music is a mirror image of my soul and the life experiences I have gone through,” he said in a press release sent to this newspaper, offering to speak “about how being in the Marines influenced” his music.

He said he was inspired to join the Corps by two uncles who were leathernecks — one killed in action, the other wounded — and a need for some grounding in his young adult life, the self-proclaimed high school valedictorian said in a recent telephone interview.

“I had a lot of abilities and succeeded at a lot of things, but when adversity would come, I would often take the easy road out,” said Austin, whose real name is Stephen Hall, according to the New York-based American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers.

The only problem is, the Marine Corps has never heard of him.

A search of Corps personnel records based on his real name, given service dates and ethnicity, turned up dry, according to one Marine official. “No one matches the Stephen Hall with whom you’ve spoken,” he said. A representative of the National Personnel Center in St. Louis — the clearinghouse of service records for all services — also found no record of the singer’s time in the Corps, or in any other service.

After the initial phone interview, Marine Corps Times made numerous attempts to contact the performer through his publicist for clarification about his claimed prior service — all of which went unanswered. Austin refused to provide any information that would substantiate his claim or assist in a military record search, such as his date of birth, the date he entered service, where he went to boot camp or the last four digits of his Social Security number.

In addition to that, Austin’s story could not be substantiated with the unit he claimed to serve with, 4th Reconnaissance Battalion. First Sgt. Carlos Sepeda, who has been with the unit for more than a decade, could find no record of Austin.

Sepeda added that Austin’s claimed rank would have been difficult to achieve after four years in the active duty, which is what Austin claimed. “It would be hard; I’ve never seen it,” he said. “Most staff sergeants have eight or more years before they’re in the zone.”

During the phone interview, Austin said his tenure as a Marine was “four and four,” referring to four years’ active duty, followed by four years in the Individual Ready Reserve. He said got out of the Corps in 2000 as an “E-6.”

When asked about his prior Corps service, Austin quickly parroted the recon mantra: “swift, silent and deadly.” While he was shy about giving much detail about his duties there, he did say he was a war veteran and served with his unit in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

He said he decided to go recon because of the challenge, he said. “I’m going to go where they need the highest scores, the most fitness. I’ve always been driven to do the best. It gave me fortitude. I knew when I went in and got out that I could do anything.”

In the meantime, his career has been on the rise. His new single, “Bussa Move,” is listed as No. 8 on Billboard’s R&B Hip-Hop Single Sales. The Dallas Observer has dubbed him the city’s Rapper of the Year.

Sepeda, the first sergeant, said he was concerned at the idea of someone masquerading as a former recon Marine.

“We take the Marine Corps very seriously, especially the recon family,” he said. “For someone to say they were there” — and not be — “it’s very disturbing.”

Ellie

jryanjack
04-20-07, 07:19 AM
Poser - Made SSgt in 4 years - not possible given minimum time in service and time in grade requirments, unless all meritorious/combat promotions; however, wouldn't we then know about this guy? ...

bootlace15
04-20-07, 07:23 AM
I wonder if the IRS knows him?

bootlace15 out

bigdog43701
04-20-07, 07:31 AM
ruttt-rowwww george...do we have a possible wanna be?

outlaw3179
04-20-07, 07:49 AM
Turd

davblay
04-20-07, 07:51 AM
Another JOHN WAYNE, RAMBO, and GI JOE wannabe all wrapped up in one! I guess if you are going to spin a tale of Military, the Marines is the best one to choose!!!! :sick: Piece of crap!

jetdawgg
04-20-07, 09:42 AM
Send that @sshole to PISC for a week:mad:

killerinstinct
04-20-07, 09:57 AM
wierd thing is all records are now maintained at HQMC no longer in st louis. <br />
<br />
But yea i have never known a grunt of all people to advance to SSGT in one term except as said earlier combat...

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 10:20 AM
I am currently doing a little research into how to contact his agent, promoter, record company, etc...to see how they would react to a group of real Marines calling this poser out and possibly hitting their bottom line...I'll keep you guys informed as progress is made...

semperfi170
04-20-07, 10:28 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that all these wannabes pick our Corps. I guess
if you going to claim something, you might as well claim being part of the best with best looking uniforms. In the past when we had to fly in uniform to get reduced fares, I did catch a PFC with messed up blues. He was wearing a SNCO waistplate, had the trousers w/bloodstripes, and PFC chevrons on the blouse with a GCM & NDM. I got on the flight after him, so didn't see him till we got off. I was flying in my greens. Asked him for ID and orders and his old man tried to interfere. Dumba** was on leave from Lejeune! I told his father to politely but out. Wish we had cell phones w/cameras back then, I would have taken a picture and sent it to his unit. Long story short, got his info, told him I better not catch him dressed like that again around the area. Did call his 1st Sgt and forwarded a write-up as requested. The
1st Sgt said he would take care of him after leave. From the follow-up from the 1st Sgt to me the young lad caught hell for 2 months. The young lad was a supply type. BTW, the lad's old man was a long haired hippie.

jetdawgg
04-20-07, 10:50 AM
I am currently doing a little research into how to contact his agent, promoter, record company, etc...to see how they would react to a group of real Marines calling this poser out and possibly hitting their bottom line...I'll keep you guys informed as progress is made...

Great job Marine. Sniff that chump out. If you get any flack, ping me:usmc:

I get tired of these idiots trying to "Pimp" the Marine Corps. This is no f@cking joke.

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 11:14 AM
I sent this letter to the Dallas Observer just now, hopint that maybe they will try to sink their teeth into it as a possible story...it's a start.... <br />
<br />
<br />
To whom it may concern, <br />
I am writing to...

OLE SARG
04-20-07, 11:18 AM
Typical "rapper" = FULL OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 11:18 AM
I figured that with Bioniq MC being a local act, maybe they would be able to get at him more readily...I wonder what the major news agencies would do with this story...the way they are bringing the roaches out of the woodwork, maybe they would run with it...I'll find out...hee hee!

OLE SARG
04-20-07, 11:27 AM
There are a lot of roaches in the media woodwork, so be careful!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 11:57 AM
I just sent this letter to the investigative reporters at KDFW, the Fox affilliate in the Dallas-Fort Worth area

To whom it may concern,
I am writing today to call to your attention a possible investigative story about a Dallas area rapper, Stephen Hall, AKA Bioniq MC, who has publicly claimed to have served in the United States Marine Corps, though there is no record of his service at any of the military records centers. The recent rash of stories about this very matter is calling attention to the fact that people are making claims that cannot be substantiated, and by doing so, are taking attention away from our real heroes, who are laying their lives on the line every day overseas. Mr. Hall claims to have served in the 4th Reconnaissance Battalion of the Marine Corps, and extensive records searches and interviews with members of that elite unit have failed to validate any of Mr. Hall's claims. This matter is not only of great concern to U.S. Marines, both past and present, but may actually be considered illegal, with the recent passing of the Stolen Valor Act. I feel that this situation provides your staff with the opportunity to expose this person to the light of truth, and to allow the active members and veterans of our nation's military to score another one for the good guys. Any assistance that you can provide in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Respectfully submitted,
Merle R. Stone
United States Marine

jetdawgg
04-20-07, 12:03 PM
YLDNDN6, I cut and pasted your message in an email to:

www.wdmg.com (http://www.wdmg.com)

katsulos@jetstreampr.com

bizdev@wdmg.com

artists@wdmg.com

:usmc:

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 12:31 PM
Awesome! I am still working on getting contact info for the other entities that I mentioned...off to a good start anyway...

YLDNDN6
04-20-07, 01:02 PM
This one just went to YMC records in Dallas...I wonder which one of these is going to get me gunned down in my driveway??? I'd better put out a rap album so the sales can go way up after they get me...lol

To whom it may concern,
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of a potential scandal involving one of your signed artists. It has recently come to the attention of numerous United States Marine Corps organizations that rapper Stephen Hall, AKA Steve Austin, AKA Bioniq MC has made public claims of having served in the Marine Corps' 4th Reconnaissance Battalion. Recent investigations into that claim have turned up absolutely no evidence to substantiate his claims. This matter is not only viewed as gravely serious by present and past members of the Marine Corps, but may also be viewed as a criminal act, as defined by the recently passed Stolen Valor Act. While no action on your part is required at this point, it may be advisable to prepare for any fallout which may result from this suspected deception
Respectfully submitted,
Merle Stone
United States Marine

jetdawgg
04-20-07, 01:24 PM
This one just went to YMC records in Dallas...I wonder which one of these is going to get me gunned down in my driveway??? I'd better put out a rap album so the sales can go way up after they get me...lol

To whom it may concern,
The purpose of this letter is to inform you of a potential scandal involving one of your signed artists. It has recently come to the attention of numerous United States Marine Corps organizations that rapper Stephen Hall, AKA Steve Austin, AKA Bioniq MC has made public claims of having served in the Marine Corps' 4th Reconnaissance Battalion. Recent investigations into that claim have turned up absolutely no evidence to substantiate his claims. This matter is not only viewed as gravely serious by present and past members of the Marine Corps, but may also be viewed as a criminal act, as defined by the recently passed Stolen Valor Act. While no action on your part is required at this point, it may be advisable to prepare for any fallout which may result from this suspected deception
Respectfully submitted,
Merle Stone
United States Marine

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/lovebelow.jpghttp://project1.caryacademy.org/echoes/03-04/Ai/Echoes%20pics/kid-with-gun-sm.jpg
What's your address now?

thedrifter
04-20-07, 03:02 PM
A bum rap
Have you heard of him? The Corps hasn’t.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/xml/front/mt_saustin_500_070419w.JPG

Corps questions rapper’s alleged Marine past
By Kimberly Johnson - Staff writer
Posted : Friday Apr 20, 2007 14:15:19 EDT

Budding Dallas-based hip-hop artist and Billboard Music chart topper Steve Austin says a lot of things in his past have shaped his “banging beats,” most notably his time in the Marine Corps.

With the April 24 release of his new album, “800 LB Gorilla,” it’s a subject the former staff sergeant, who now is known as the Bioniq MC, was only too happy to talk about with Marine Corps Times. “My music is a mirror image of my soul and the life experiences I have gone through,” he said in a press release sent to this newspaper, offering to speak “about how being in the Marines influenced” his music.

He said he was inspired to join the Corps by two uncles who were leathernecks — one killed in action, the other wounded — and a need for some grounding in his young adult life, the self-proclaimed high school valedictorian said in a recent telephone interview.

“I had a lot of abilities and succeeded at a lot of things, but when adversity would come, I would often take the easy road out,” said Austin, whose real name is Stephen Hall, according to the New York-based American Society of Composers, Artists and Publishers.

The only problem is, the Marine Corps has never heard of him.

A search of Corps personnel records based on his real name, given service dates and ethnicity, turned up dry, according to one Marine official. “No one matches the Stephen Hall with whom you’ve spoken,” he said. A representative of the National Personnel Center in St. Louis — the clearinghouse of service records for all services — also found no record of the singer’s time in the Corps, or in any other service.

After the initial phone interview, Marine Corps Times made numerous attempts to contact the performer through his publicist for clarification about his claimed prior service — all of which went unanswered. Austin refused to provide any information that would substantiate his claim or assist in a military record search, such as his date of birth, the date he entered service, where he went to boot camp or the last four digits of his Social Security number.

In addition to that, Austin’s story could not be substantiated with the unit he claimed to serve with, 4th Reconnaissance Battalion. First Sgt. Carlos Sepeda, who has been with the unit for more than a decade, could find no record of Austin.

Sepeda added that Austin’s claimed rank would have been difficult to achieve after four years in the active duty, which is what Austin claimed. “It would be hard; I’ve never seen it,” he said. “Most staff sergeants have eight or more years before they’re in the zone.”

During the phone interview, Austin said his tenure as a Marine was “four and four,” referring to four years’ active duty, followed by four years in the Individual Ready Reserve. He said got out of the Corps in 2000 as an “E-6.”

When asked about his prior Corps service, Austin quickly parroted the recon mantra: “swift, silent and deadly.” While he was shy about giving much detail about his duties there, he did say he was a war veteran and served with his unit in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm in 1991.

He said he decided to go recon because of the challenge, he said. “I’m going to go where they need the highest scores, the most fitness. I’ve always been driven to do the best. It gave me fortitude. I knew when I went in and got out that I could do anything.”

In the meantime, his career has been on the rise. His new single, “Bussa Move,” is listed as No. 8 on Billboard’s R&B Hip-Hop Single Sales. The Dallas Observer has dubbed him the city’s Rapper of the Year.

Sepeda, the first sergeant, said he was concerned at the idea of someone masquerading as a former recon Marine.

“We take the Marine Corps very seriously, especially the recon family,” he said. “For someone to say they were there” — and not be — “it’s very disturbing.”

Ellie

jetdawgg
04-21-07, 01:55 PM
Can we make this a sticky?

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/bulldoglogo_sm.gif

We want to know the truth about him. TIA

Osotogary
04-21-07, 02:32 PM
Bullsh*t is always believed by those who want to believe it or by those who know nothing of the subject matter.
Send him to PIMCRD or Iraq with just his skivvies.

capmarine
04-21-07, 07:36 PM
this guy is real close to being charged under the STOLEN VALOR ACT.if he starts making claims of having earned that ribbon or wears(doesnt have to wear the ribbon mind you)he could be in deep...

RLeon
04-22-07, 01:10 AM
Sounds like another Frank Dux.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 05:46 AM
I think he should be charged with impersonating a human being. <br />
<br />
Scumbag.

Devildogg4ever
04-22-07, 08:39 AM
Typical "rapper" = FULL OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

yes sir, about the only thing they have alot of!!!!

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 09:17 AM
After having settled down a bit since yesterday, I have come to realize (through a bit of help from several sources) that it is possible to obtain the rank of E-6 within four years, but come on...that's the exception to the rule. If I spoke out of turn, I will be more than happy to retract my statement. Bottom line here...drag this wannabe out and expose him for the loser that he really is...Semper Fi, Brothers!

OLE SARG
04-22-07, 09:50 AM
This ****head IS HARDLY THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. This ******* looks like one of those wanna be tough guys who couldn't lick his own ass!!!!!!!!!!! Tattoos do not a man make!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 10:11 AM
OLE SARGE...I couldn't agree more with your statement...I just wanted to own up to the fact that I made a statement that can be proven false, and wanted to stop the deluge before it began. My daddy raised me with the idea that if you screw the pooch, you gotta raise the pups, so I tend to own up to my mistakes before the pups arrive...saves a lot of grief sometimes...

poolarnold
04-22-07, 12:07 PM
hey Marines i found something for you :) lol

www.SteveAustinOnline.com (http://www.SteveAustinOnline.com)

you can go on an "sign a guest book"

basically for you guys you can go on there and tear him apart:bunny: i know that you Marines will make the right choice about this one....

-Poolee Arnold....soon to be a U.S. Marine

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 12:24 PM
Outstanding initiative, poolee! Take some of that with you to boot camp and it will go a very long way!

jetdawgg
04-22-07, 01:27 PM
HIs comment section is now closed!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/bulldog_JoinUs.gif

Sgt Leprechaun
04-22-07, 01:37 PM
Gee.....I wonder why THAT would be....? LOL.

What a ****tard.

jetdawgg
04-22-07, 03:17 PM
smoked his punk @ss out:usmc:
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/bulldog.jpg

OLE SARG
04-22-07, 05:53 PM
Yah, I tried to send this fake-ass MF MY COMMENTS AND HIS COMMENTS SECTION IS INDEED CLOSED!!!!!! He is one phoney rraappppeerr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

davblay
04-23-07, 03:35 PM
This guy is really a WRAPPER!!!! Wraped up in the Marine Corps Colors! The things people do to get attention! :sick:

SupplySgt
04-24-07, 12:10 AM
:mad:
I'm so sick of all the damn posers out there lately. Why is it everyone who never had the guts to join in peacetime, when the military was considered "uncool employment" compared with all the techies jobs, now all of a sudden wants to claim part of the glory because the country is at war? You cannot be a God fearing American on a part time basis. And the worst part about this runt is he's doing it to bolster his career.

As for me, I don't claim things I never did. I stayed in conus my whole ten years in the reserve, never was activated and never saw combat. That was just the roll of my deck. But at least I had the friggin' go-nads to put my go fasters on the yellow footprints smack dab in the middle of Operation Desert Storm.

To claim the title is sacreligious. To claim the elitiest parts of our beloved Corps in addition to that is just salt on the wound.

I hope the SOB's carrer flops and he's working the drive thru at Taco Bell six months from now.

jetdawgg
04-24-07, 08:58 AM
:mad:
I'm so sick of all the damn posers out there lately. Why is it everyone who never had the guts to join in peacetime, when the military was considered "uncool employment" compared with all the techies jobs, now all of a sudden wants to claim part of the glory because the country is at war? You cannot be a God fearing American on a part time basis. And the worst part about this runt is he's doing it to bolster his career.

As for me, I don't claim things I never did. I stayed in conus my whole ten years in the reserve, never was activated and never saw combat. That was just the roll of my deck. But at least I had the friggin' go-nads to put my go fasters on the yellow footprints smack dab in the middle of Operation Desert Storm.

To claim the title is sacreligious. To claim the elitiest parts of our beloved Corps in addition to that is just salt on the wound.

I hope the SOB's carrer flops and he's working the drive thru at Taco Bell six months from now.

We are doing our best here to punish this punks career. What a disgrace. I hope I catch him in Dallas one day.:flag:

aang
04-24-07, 11:46 AM
I hope that this scumbag has his own 800 LB Gorilla bend his ass over! This frickin phony thinks he was in the Corps because he saw Full Metal Jacket and Jarhead. It sounds like Bioniq MC has freakin shorted out...

marinegreen
04-24-07, 12:27 PM
The lying piece of crap got what he wanted, "PUBLICITY!" thats all it boils down too. Alot of rappers,hip-hop and whatever else you call that crap music of today from these peeps is all to get suqers to buy there music or get them into a film or better yet, THE FRONT PAGE OF YOUR LOCAL PAPER ! Could you imagine if one of us jarheads was to expose our genitalia like oh skank B.Spears or that other lil skank P.Hilton they would lock our azz's up and call us perverts.There's always gonna be suqers to buy into these pieces of craps hype, its called "PR!"

silentsoul
04-24-07, 12:51 PM
Why do these punks always hold their weapons sideways?
SS SEMPER FI

aang
04-24-07, 04:22 PM
They hold their weapons sideways because it is how they hold their dick grips...

JEROSE
04-24-07, 04:38 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">The reason those jackass hold their weapons sideways because it comes in the case that way. dam wannabee i can't stand those basters. this is from a dark green!!</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ed Palmer
04-24-07, 05:32 PM
Why do these punks always hold their weapons sideways?
SS SEMPER FI

They hold it that way because the lid on the box says this side up,
so when they take off the lid and look at it and look at the lid the butt is lAYING TO THE RIGHT AND THE LID SAYS THIS SIDE UP THAT IS THE HEIGHT of their mentality..

PIMCRD
04-24-07, 05:51 PM
I like the slinky comment. There is a bumper sticker on someone's bumper out there that reads "If you weren't there, Shut Your Mouth". It is a Marine Corps bumper sticker and it pertains to Vietnam. I relate it to the whole Corps. I understand that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but at some point, it has to stop. A United States Marine is someone that is held sacred in all of his/her doings from the moment they cross the Grinder until they die. All acts, heroic or infamous will follow that Marine and thus, be noticed by the Marine Corps. There is absolutely no reason anyone should have to fake being one of us unless they couldn't hack it in Boot Camp, or stomach the process of becoming one of us. Like GMC, "We are Professional Grade." If you can't do it, don't frickin' talk about it or pretend you can. We don't come on your job and slap dicks out of your mouth, do we? Ass. I know that was a little rough, but I do not apologize.

jetdawgg
04-25-07, 09:23 AM
PIMCRD I feel the same way about those @ssholes like that. I want to break that guys face in a bit:flag:

syndicalist702
04-25-07, 11:00 AM
Hey, if Riddick Bowe could survive boot- oh, wait. Nevermind.

He didn't.

YLDNDN6
04-26-07, 12:20 PM
I just got this e-mail today from the music editor at the Dallas Observer...sounds like she may be interested in pursuing this story if we can flesh it out a bit for her or give her some sources to look into...

Hello,

This is Jonanna, I'm the music editor here at the Dallas Observer.
I received your letter regarding MC Bionic and have done some asking
around, and no-one I know who is familiar with him knows much about the
issue of his military background, or possible lack thereof. I'm in the
process of checking it out more thoroughly, however. Just wanted to let
you know. If you have any new information, or possible contacts for me
to check into the matter further, please let me know. You're
right--it's
a good story, and I actually was not aware that his claims were
possibly
false.

Again, feel free to contact me at this email address or the numbers
below (email is usually the best and quickest way.

Best,
jw

Jonanna Widner
Music Editor
Dallas Observer
2501 Oak Lawn Ave.
Dallas, TX 75219
214-757-8463

Zulu 36
04-26-07, 12:32 PM
Hey, if Riddick Bowe could survive boot- oh, wait. Nevermind.

He didn't.

No he didn't, but at least HE got that far to fail (quit, wimp out, whatever). Some of these other pretend-to-be's (a category well beneath wanna-be), can't even spell Marine correctly, let alone know what it's like to be one.

drumcorpssnare
04-26-07, 01:18 PM
Hey, you guys notice that you never see a guy with "Semper Paratus" tattooed on his forearm, wearin' a Coast Guard baseball cap, boasting about how well he can swim!!!:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

aang
04-26-07, 04:33 PM
Say my brothers look at what I found... Here is the contact info for the Record Company that is releasing his new album. Why don't we let them know how we feel and let them answer for their new recording artist? I am sending her an email letting her know that I would never buy this chicken****'s album no matter how high it is on billboards charts because if he's lying about being in the Corps, all of the other trivial bushhiite is also probably garbage!!!

Jetstream PR for YMC Records and WDMG
Courtney Reese, 972-788-9456, ext. 303
reese@jetstreampr.com
<!-- technorati tags -->

Zulu 36
04-26-07, 07:43 PM
Hey, you guys notice that you never see a guy with "Semper Paratus" tattooed on his forearm, wearin' a Coast Guard baseball cap, boasting about how well he can swim!!!:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Be nice about Coasties. My ex-wife was a Coastie and got an atta-girl for lifesaving (by swimming). I'll give her credit, she deserved it. She was a Yeoman and not a fully trained rescue type.

I like Coasties. Hung with quite a few when the ex was in.

silentsoul
04-27-07, 11:46 AM
This ****head IS HARDLY THE EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. This ******* looks like one of those wanna be tough guys who couldn't lick his own ass!!!!!!!!!!! Tattoos do not a man make!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
I would like to offer him a free pass to an old paintball camp
that has since changed hands.Im pretty sure they use 22s instead
there know though.
SS SEMPER FI

8th&I Marine
04-29-07, 10:16 AM
Is there any update on this punk? I hope the Observer can break this fake down shotgun style to show the true side of someone thats fibbing. I would rather spend my money on having all my teeth pulled than buy this guys music or whatever it is.

Cantrell:flag:

jetdawgg
05-01-07, 09:42 AM
Nice drop Marine. Lets chew him up:evilgrin:

Jarheadtanker
05-01-07, 11:04 AM
I would love to see the media run with this one. I love to see posers exposed, and a "hard-core rapper" the likes we haven't seen since Vanilla Ice would be great for laughs. The decision he made to pase as a Marine should be his career killing move. Which, in the grand scheme of things, is the best thing that would come out of it.

GunsUp
05-01-07, 05:59 PM
I guess we could settle this gangland style... Our "Gang" against his gangsta wannabe a$$... I think our style of drive bys would be a little more destructive than a TEC 9 being shot out of the side of a hooped up Trailblazer...

enviro
05-02-07, 03:10 AM
DallasNews.com:

After high school, he joined the Marines – a fact mentioned in his official bio but one he refuses to discuss. "I have some personal issues with it," he says.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/DN-steveaustin_0430gl.ART0.State.Edition1.435a85b.htm l

Star-Telegram:
Yet the early success is bittersweet for the former Marine, who has a physics degree from Southern University in Baton Rouge.
http://www.star-telegram.com/138/story/84202.html

I have emailed both authors of these articles a copy of the Marine Corps Times Article.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-02-07, 08:12 PM
A degree in PHYSICS?????? As well as Former Marine Recon, War Vet, etc.

Well, heck. Is there NOTHING this guy can't do???

What a pantload he is.

enviro
05-03-07, 12:59 AM
Austin is also Cisco-certified in network engineering according to his bio on his website.

Let's summarize:

Marine
Marine Recon
SSGT in 4 years
War Dog
Degree in Physics
Cisco-certified in network engineering
Rapper of the Year Award
Professional Mastering & Recording Engineer
Shared the stage with Outkast, Run DMC (1996/2000) while still in the Corps?

The IS NOTHING he can't do!

jetdawgg
05-03-07, 10:20 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/superrap.jpg

Osotogary
05-03-07, 11:54 AM
The IS NOTHING he can't do!

There is one thing that he can't do...no matter how hard he tries.
He can't bullsh*t bullsh*tters and the good folks on this website.

OLE SARG
05-03-07, 12:20 PM
enviro,
You forgot an item at the end of that list:

BLOWHARD, LYING, FULL OF ****, WANNA-BE

SEMPER FI,

GunsUp
05-03-07, 06:44 PM
Nahh... Doorgunner on the Space Shuttle will be his next claim to fame...

RLeon
05-04-07, 01:34 AM
...maybe he invented the Internet.

Arty0811
05-04-07, 03:00 AM
One wonders if he got the boot as a boot.