PDA

View Full Version : Question about Reserve duty

PatriotGirl422
04-19-07, 06:53 PM
Good evening, Marines,

I am enlisted as a 92 day reservist, and I am leaving for boot camp next month. I am currently trying to schedule my college classes for next semester and I was trying to decide if it would be smart to not schedule classes on Fridays. My main question is, what time do you have to report for reserve duty on Fridays when you do the one weekend each month? Do you have to be there early in the afternoon, or is it closer to the evening? Knowing this would really help me to schedule my classes around my duty.
Thanks.

Marine84
04-19-07, 10:10 PM
Just be on the safe side...............leave Friday's open

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-20-07, 12:29 AM
I didn't do the reserve thing long (like nine months after active duty) but I seem to remember reporting at about 1800. And if you were to have a class that you couldn't get out of your unit would probably allow you to be a little late. I don't mean several hours- but a little late. If you live close to your reserve station you'd probably be OK to take classes in the early afternoon.

rvillac2
04-20-07, 01:56 AM
Drills are scheduled around the normal 9-5 business week. On a long drill weekend, you'll need to report around 1800-1900 Friday night.

Don't worry about planning M-F classes around drill.