PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen in the Marines?

hemiman
04-19-07, 02:46 PM
Well, my mom has a friend whos husband is in the Army, he is a recruiter now, and i was talking to him (im not interested in the Army) about his tour in Iraq. I forget exactly what he signed up for but it didnt have anything to do with combat, thats as well as i can put it sorry. Anyway, he said once he was shipped there they basically said "Heres a stick, go defuse bombs" and by this i mean they took him off his "MOS" job and made him start defusing bombs. He said he never got any real training, they stuck him with a man thats job was defusing bombs and he taught him whaat he knew, to me this doesnt seem to reasurring (sp). So what im wondering is, does this happen? Or is this jsut an Army thing. Thanks, and sorry if this seems stupid. It just kind of suprised me to hear.

killerinstinct
04-19-07, 03:32 PM
i think he was just ****ing with ya man.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-07, 03:45 PM
Since they aren't "defusing" many bombs over there, but are clearing the area and counter charging them, I find it to be highly unlikely.

drumcorpssnare
04-19-07, 03:47 PM
That does kinda sound like the Army though....heck, back in the old days the soldiers who were minesweepers used to plug their ears with their fingers, and stomp around with one foot.:banana:
drumcorpssnare:usmc: