PDA

View Full Version : Combat Engineer Officer

jeremydh
04-18-07, 12:29 PM
I have 2 questions. First, do Combat Engineer Officers go through the same training as the enlisted? What would be the best college engineering degree to prepare and qualify myself for this MOS? Thank you in advance.

killerinstinct
04-18-07, 12:57 PM
you could get a degree in latin and would get your training to perform this job from the Corps... Just because all go thru the same training at MOS schools.

Usually like they told us while snapping in that people who had no training with rifles would do better because we had no bad habits to get rid of. It's that its a lot easier to teach the Marine Corps ways of doing things to a person who doesnt know then a person who thinks they do know...

Basically i have no idea what would prepare you but I am sure you will learn more from OJT **** than any school anyways

ZSKI
04-19-07, 08:05 AM
I believe they go through MOS school then a special course for engineering officers. Warrant Officer Rob our Section Head is going to the course.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-07, 02:38 PM
Officers do not go through enlisted MOS schools. Warrant Officers were originally enlisted, so they did go through the training.

But, unless things have changed a GREAT deal- officers do not get to pick their MOS before they enter like enlisted people do. You could have a Ph. D in engineering and end up as a supply officer. It is about the needs of the Corps.