PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

davblay
04-18-07, 01:30 AM
When Japan and Germany surrendered at the end of WWII we confiscated all weapons of war from the populstion and distroyed them! Why does every house in Iraq have a AK-47 or RPG readily avaiable! Didn't we think those weapons might be used against us at a later date? Some of you guys tell me. :mad:

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 10:02 AM
It wasn't suppose to be this way. You do remember that Bush & Rumsfeld said Iraqi's would greet Americans with open arms as liberators.

What did you expect from a couple of dufus zoomies dud's anyways?
Especially after a former Commander of the Middle East, USMC General Zinni warned them they were making a mistake ! They did it faster !!!

They didn't send enough troops for any contingency, let alone disarming Iraq.

yellowwing
04-18-07, 10:14 AM
Our unprecedented lightning drive to Baghdad meant we had to overrun and then bypass the large weapons depots. We didn't have the time or the troops to immediately secure all those artillery shells now being used for IEDs. Tough call to make.

Back then if we had our NATO allies France, Germany and Turkey, they could have tagged along with their engineers to do the job.

MacAngus
04-18-07, 10:46 AM
One thing they explained to us is that it was like if they came here and took granda's rifles away from us.Some iraqi's did have the proper paperwork to own the weapons most didn't. In order for them to get thier weapons back after we took them there was a big process they had to go through to get them back.Most of the AK's we took did not get back into circulation long story short we burned them in huge piles therefore keeping them off the streets and out of the hands of terrorists.

jetdawgg
04-18-07, 11:01 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/whitehouse/archives/APmission.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/images/252780/1_62_scooby_doo.jpgdlurrrrppppp

ggyoung
04-18-07, 11:39 AM
Taking away all there guns would be good training for milatary to take our guns away.

davblay
04-18-07, 11:58 AM
Taking away all there guns would be good training for milatary to take our guns away.
If some other country takes over our country, do you think they will allow us to keep our weapons? I mean, do you think they will let you keep your guns? It's hard to contain any area while the people are still armed, isn't it? Think about this, if we had disarmed the country, then any time we saw a person carrying a AK or RPG, wouldn't he be the enemy, for sure without question or guessing? I may be wrong but when the SADDAM Regime fell, so did all of thier rights, right? I have nothing against them having hunting weapons and some small hand guns, but AK's and RPG's? Come on Marine, think about it! We're not talking about Texas here, this is IRAQ we're talking about! This is an area of the world where all the surrounding countries people look the same and come to fight the US Troops! If Iraq was disarmed, then these people would stick out like a turd in a punch bowl, right?

After the new government is set, then let them decide on weapons for thier people. After we are gone! You can't defeat a people that has a never ending supply of soldiers/terrorist!

My feelings only, Semper Fi.

ggyoung
04-18-07, 04:46 PM
davbay+++++++++++++Me thinks you read my post wrong. You served in a country where the people had no gun rights. If you saw one with a gun what did you do? You killed them. Right? That was Vietnam. I am probly one of most out spoken for gun rights. I am a endowment member of the NRA. Been a life member since 1965 while I was on my frist time in Vietnam. If somebody had been packing when this s###t happened it could have turned out different. We had this happen in SLC,Utah a short time ago. There was a man packing, he was a off duty policemen from a different city. I belive that he saved a bunch of people geting killed.

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 06:59 PM
Doesn't everybody think it is about time that all schools from pre-k to graduate have a plan, also one that includes students what to do ?

There are very few schools that want to run the risk of law-suits arming their security or students with anything more than a two-way radio, nor enough police to protect students.

One thing for sure, all this attention that is given to these mass shootings only encourages others that need attention to do the same thing.

It is an attention disorder these individuals have and no better way to get attention is to shoot everybody up. Poison would kill more, but there is no shoot 'em up attention glory in that !

Drumscopssnare and his wife suggested a special alarm system, sounds good to me along with a plan.

A determined shooter will always get the attention he needs.

Sad