PDA

View Full Version : DEP help

Lgncarter07
04-17-07, 11:02 PM
Ok, I've decided not long ago to join the Corps. I'm dead set on either LAAD, or Infantry. while im leading alot more towards Infantry, but im trying to get in on the delayed entry program, but if i tell my mom that she'll NEVER sign, because shes not only against the military...but putting myslef in the line of fire is unforgiveable in her eyes. Since my parents have joint custody, they both have to sign.

any advice?

davblay
04-17-07, 11:09 PM
The people I have met from Alabama have HONOR! Therefore I don't think you should lie or decieve your parents! I have no idea when you will be 18, but trust me, if they both don't agree with you, wait! ;)

Lgncarter07
04-17-07, 11:34 PM
My dad will pretty much back up anything i do. and i'd never purposely deicieve my parents. Its my Mom that causes the problems in the matter.
and i turn 18 in september

davblay
04-17-07, 11:43 PM
My dad will pretty much back up anything i do. and i'd never purposely deicieve my parents. Its my Mom that causes the problems in the matter.
and i turn 18 in september

Allow her to see your feelings and stress the point that come Sept you will go anyway, but you would really like her approval, and consent, now! Explain that this time can be coming off of your obligation, etc. But if all else fails, wait! Do not cause hard feelings!

killerinstinct
04-18-07, 08:18 AM
i know this seems crazy but tell them you are going on one thing you can always change it when you ship off and specially since youll be 18 by then they can modify your contract up till you are scheduled to ship to bootcamp ask your recruiter talk to him about what good ideas he can help you with

Lgncarter07
04-18-07, 08:45 PM
She refuses to talk to my recruiter.

the all call him a ''used car salesman''