PDA

View Full Version : Rumors!

davblay
04-17-07, 10:39 PM
Ok Poolees, how many of you have heard that Dress Blues will be issued, starting this summer, to all Marine Recruites that graduate Boot Camp?

How about,"They are shortening Training by 1 week"?

Let us old Marines know what other CHANGES you have heard about from new Marines. We will give you stats after we get a few hits on this thread!

Alex45
04-17-07, 10:51 PM
I dont know about any of that. My schedule has me leaving June 4. I know the first week processing then its 12 weeks. And as far as the Dress Blues go, I just thought you could either pay for them there and leave with them, or just be the honor grad.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-17-07, 10:52 PM
Not a poolee, but I did manage to hear both of those. Of course, I've heard them since I was going through boot camp and it hasn't happened yet. I'll be waiting to see the straight poop.

Motorola07
04-17-07, 10:55 PM
Heard the same thing... asked my recuiter, he said if anything happened the recuiters would be the first to know. He said he would call and see if he could find anything but nothing yet...

davblay
04-17-07, 10:55 PM
Not a poolee, but I did manage to hear both of those. Of course, I've heard them since I was going through boot camp and it hasn't happened yet. I'll be waiting to see the straight poop.

E4B-----you understand why I'm doing this don't you? Sure you do!

Ooo-Rah!

Motorola07
04-17-07, 10:56 PM
E4B-----you understand why I'm doing this don't you? Sure you do!

Ooo-Rah!

Why would they change anything now. Why take a week out... I really doubt they will.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-17-07, 10:57 PM
I have you 5 by 5 davblay

mcgannph
04-17-07, 11:44 PM
My friend who just graduated MCRD PI told me they played lots of music from the "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack while recruits did intense stuff during the Crucible and I haven't read any of that on here about that happening while in training.

Any truth to this one?

davblay
04-18-07, 01:37 AM
Come on Poolees, I know there are more of you out there who have hearrd the rumors! Lets hear them! Sound Off!

Motorola07
04-18-07, 01:41 AM
Its 0140 lots of people are sleeping lol...

Achped
04-18-07, 05:30 AM
We just got a new Marine back from San Diego (his dad/brothers went there so he did too) He was the company iron man, freaking a beast I tell you.

His drill instructors told him training in the summer will be 11 weeks and dress blues will be issued.

His drill instructors are 3000 miles away from Accord's too...so I don't know what to think.

Achped
04-18-07, 05:31 AM
My friend who just graduated MCRD PI told me they played lots of music from the "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack while recruits did intense stuff during the Crucible and I haven't read any of that on here about that happening while in training.

Any truth to this one?
Yes. I've heard that too. Platoon Honor Grad from my RSS was joking about how corny it is because you can hear Tom Hanks yelling GO GO GO haha

PerXes
04-18-07, 07:09 AM
Heh..the Private Ryan stuff is played when you do the individual movement course(YOU WILL LOVE THE INDIVIDUAL MOVEMENT COURSE hhahahahah) at night. They play the sound from the D-Day scene to set the mood I guess.

davecerami275
04-18-07, 08:54 AM
I am not a poolee, but i heard some scuttlebutt that Marine 84 was hosting a party at her house this weekend for all members of Leatherneck. com. She will be furnishing all the beer and barbeque we can eat/drink at her expense.

poolee18
04-18-07, 09:27 AM
I havent heard anything about the rumors but Im down for the party at Marine 84's house

coplepk04
04-18-07, 09:40 AM
I didn't hear about the shortened training until I read it on here. I think that was just someone who doesn't realize that it's 13 weeks but 12 training, saw 12 training and thought that they were going to shorten it.

As far as dress blues, I have heard that you are issued everything except the blouse, and you can buy that for like $195 on the Island before you leave.

jackson07
04-18-07, 10:17 AM
Blues were being issused to the new companys picking up at MCRDSD when I graduated there last week.

As for training being a week shorter.. we heard then rumor but who knows. It is all on the Recruit Underground.

davblay
04-18-07, 10:40 AM
We just got a new Marine back from San Diego (his dad/brothers went there so he did too) He was the company iron man, freaking a beast I tell you.

His drill instructors told him training in the summer will be 11 weeks and dress blues will be issued.

His drill instructors are 3000 miles away from Accord's too...so I don't know what to think.

Can you feel it coming yet? ;)

Achped, you read all the threads to and from Accord, didn't you?

davblay
04-18-07, 10:41 AM
Blues were being issused to the new companys picking up at MCRDSD when I graduated there last week.

As for training being a weeker shorter.. we heard then rumor but who knows. It is all on the Recruit Underground.

DID YOU SEE THAT HAPPENING? :confused:

davblay
04-18-07, 10:42 AM
I am not a poolee, but i heard some scuttlebutt that Marine 84 was hosting a party at her house this weekend for all members of Leatherneck. com. She will be furnishing all the beer and barbeque we can eat/drink at her expense.

Count me in!!! :beer:

davblay
04-18-07, 10:45 AM

Any truth to this one?

See the pattern yet!

mcgannph
04-18-07, 10:49 AM
The pattern is stuff we've heard from recently graduated Marines and not actually seen ourselves?

I don't know?

davblay
04-18-07, 10:54 AM
The pattern is stuff we've heard from recently graduated Marines and not actually seen ourselves?

I don't know?

Key word here-----HEARD
Key phrase------not actually seen

That should tell you something!!

jackson07
04-18-07, 10:56 AM
DID YOU SEE THAT HAPPENING? :confused:

The man who sized me for my dress blues said that they were getting then and he had a lot more work to do now. No, I didn't see it with my own eyes though.

davblay
04-18-07, 10:58 AM
The man who sized me for my dress blues said that they were getting then and he had a lot more work to do now. No, I didn't see it with my own eyes though.

THINK!!!!

mcgannph
04-18-07, 10:58 AM
On that note, dav, I'll let you know August 10th or 17th what exactly the deal is if I make through Parris Island.

jackson07
04-18-07, 11:02 AM
THINK!!!!

Understood.

davblay
04-18-07, 11:09 AM
On that note, dav, I'll let you know August 10th or 17th what exactly the deal is if I make through Parris Island.

I already know, but I have a friend graduating June 22nd, and I will see for myself! BTW he hasn't heard that rumor yet!

davblay
04-18-07, 11:10 AM
Understood.

Good Man!!! I think you do get it now, don't you?

Paevmd
04-18-07, 11:55 AM
I just graduated from Parris Island on the 13th, we were told several times that we would be issued dress blues starting some time around Sept-Oct. As far as recruit training being shorter, I know that the new Mike Co that picked up before we graduated is on the 11 week program.

-Pfc Elwell :usmc:

FFSteve
04-18-07, 11:56 AM
I agree with mcgannph, all this is hear say. I to have heard the rummor about boot camp being shortned but I haven't heard the one about the Blues.

davblay
04-18-07, 12:04 PM
I just graduated from Parris Island on the 13th, we were told several times that we would be issued dress blues starting some time around Sept-Oct. As far as recruit training being shorter, I know that the new Mike Co that picked up before we graduated is on the 11 week program.

I have a friend at PI right now with MIKE company, 3rd BN, he graduates June 22nd! He got there March 26th, 13 weeks total!

My question is this how do you know? Did you see it in writing?

davblay
04-18-07, 12:15 PM
I agree with mcgannph, all this is hear say. I to have heard the rummor about boot camp being shortned but I haven't heard the one about the Blues.

Check the MCRDPI graduation schedule! It still hasn't changed!

mesaRAT488
04-18-07, 12:52 PM
Lets say they did do all this crap with changing of the schedule and issueing of Dress Blues, why would it matter? If they issue you them isnt it coming out of your paycheck anyways.

And for the shortening of the schedule, if that was TRUE I think I'd be dissapointed. I would rather stay the full length like every other Marine that has gone through bootcamp so I won't feel like I havnt earned it. I dont know about you guys but if you finished bootcamp knowing that it was shortened I'd be wondering my whole Marine career if I really earned it.

I dk thats just my .2

JesseR

mcgannph
04-18-07, 01:00 PM
I agree with not wanting it shortened by two weeks. I want as much training as possible if I'm going to be a Marine.

I would like my dress blues though if and when I do graduate.

Maybe not to actually graduate in, because that would take away from the platoon honor graduate, but I do want them to wear as soon as I can after the fact.

coplepk04
04-18-07, 03:48 PM
You can buy the blouse and anything we're not issued on the Island right after graduation anyway, so anyone that wants them bad enough can get them. A friend of mine in Johnstown, PA's reserve unit said that when they did the Marine Corps Ball they had blouses for them to wear.

Also if training were to be shortened to 11 weeks, it would shorten by 1 week not 2. Training is now 12 weeks long (+ 1 week processing)

davblay
04-18-07, 05:33 PM
Good Poolees, keep it comimg!

Marine84
04-18-07, 06:08 PM

:scared: I don't think so! Bring your own dang booze - if you come without, there is a liquor store around every corner down here. And for your entertainment - I live right around the corner from The Oasis (Goodtime Emporium) North - I'll let ya'll figure out what kind of place it is and, no, I won't be going down there with you.

firebrick
04-18-07, 07:03 PM
My recruiter told me that boot camp may be shortened by one week. This is important to me as we were trying to get my 10 day liberty to fall around my anniversary with my wife. This was several weeks ago. I will ask him next time I talk to him about this.

Marine84
04-18-07, 08:47 PM
My recruiter told me that boot camp may be shortened by one week. This is important to me as we were trying to get my 10 day liberty to fall around my anniversary with my wife.

ROTFLMFAO! You will be laughed at EVERY time you say "my recruiter told me". Good luck with making that anniversary babe - maybe they'll let you go a couple of days early so you can make it. Train her early - you'll be gone a lot.

This is getting better by the post davblay!

I will ask him next time I talk to him about this.

You do that honey..........................(where's Jim's little laughing frog?)

Achped
04-18-07, 08:50 PM
Marine84... do you like the beach?

rolive
04-18-07, 09:23 PM
I heard a while back that Dress Blues would be issued to new recruits sometime in October. No matter what you will have to pay for it one way or another.

davblay
04-18-07, 10:40 PM
Marine84... do you like the beach?

Say Marine84, did that Poolee call you a ----------------------B---------------------h???????? Oh my GOD please have mercy on his unknowing sole! ;)

Damn, there went another keyboard! LMAOROTF!!!

Marine84
04-19-07, 08:19 AM
I LOVE the beach Matt!

And davblay - I know he knows better than to call me one without putting "Ms" in front of it first.

poolee18
04-19-07, 10:12 AM
If they have to change boot camp dates may as well make it longer like 14 weeks than shorting boot camp to 12 weeks total.

firebrick
04-19-07, 10:19 AM
Marine84, thanks for laughing at my post. I dont see why its wrong to set up the dates to where it would be possible that my 10 day leave would be on my anniversary. If I get hurt and am in boot longer than so be it but if I run the usual 13 weeks than I should be done 10 Oct, according to the schedule. Why would the Master Sgt, come to me and tell me that boot was getting shortened by a week? I never asked him about it. He could be misinformed but it does not make me wrong to post the information in this post. Thanks.

davblay
04-19-07, 10:32 AM
Marine84, thanks for laughing at my post. I dont see why its wrong to set up the dates to where it would be possible that my 10 day leave would be on my anniversary. If I get hurt and am in boot longer than so be it but if I run the usual 13 weeks than I should be done 10 Oct, according to the schedule. Why would the Master Sgt, come to me and tell me that boot was getting shortened by a week? I never asked him about it. He could be misinformed but it does not make me wrong to post the information in this post. Thanks.

Why Indeed?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-07, 01:32 PM
As I've said, I have heard boot camp was going to be shorter for YEARS! I have heard that from fellow recruits when I was at MCRD, I heard it from NCO's in the fleet, i heard it from SNCOs, and once from a Major. Of course, it never changed. Until the graduation dates on the website change or you are told by your recruiter that you ship on X day and return on Y day, and those are shorter by a week, just assume that everyone is full of crap and that it is going to be the same length.

poolie13
04-19-07, 01:57 PM
My Outlook to this situation is that, i believe bootcamp should be the entire 13 weeks. Why should new recruits deserve to get it easier? I'm a poolee and I want to become a Marine the same way everyone else has. I don't care if I get Dress Blues or not! My goal is to become a Marine, any Marine uniform will show who I am.

MGySgtSki
04-19-07, 02:14 PM
As I've said, I have heard boot camp was going to be shorter for YEARS! I have heard that from fellow recruits when I was at MCRD, I heard it from NCO's in the fleet, i heard it from SNCOs, and once from a Major. Of course, it never changed. Until the graduation dates on the website change or you are told by your recruiter that you ship on X day and return on Y day, and those are shorter by a week, just assume that everyone is full of crap and that it is going to be the same length.

OK, here's what I (as an attendee at the 1stSgt/MSgt regional seminar last month) was BRIEFED on by the SgtMaj of TCOM (Training COMmand/SgtMaj Knox at the time). One of the options being considered at TCOM and higher is shortening recruit training by a week and giving that week to SOI (ITB/MCT) in order to enhance the Marines' tactical training. The thought process is that the SOIs (East and West) are much better suited to teach the tactical side of the house than the Depots. As of mid-March, no decision had been made either way on what would take place. Suffice it to say that the entry-level training time WILL NOT change, it'll just be redirected if this option is implemented, seeing as how EVERY Marine goes through either MCT or ITB upon completion of recruit training. You'd just be getting one less week of training as a recruit and one more week of training as a brand new Marine.

Bottom line, though, is that as of mid-March, any changes to recruit training were still in the proposal/staffing phase. Haven't heard anything more since then other than this thread and another thread regarding the same topic on here about a month ago that I also responded to.

S/F

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-19-07, 02:31 PM
MSgt, thanks for passing on the correct information. If there were changes to boot camp that is what I would have expected. People around here like to think team week will be eliminated- but we know that isn't a possibility. Those jobs have to be done and they aren't going to redirect Marines to do things Recruits should be doing.

davblay
04-19-07, 02:39 PM
OK, here's what I (as an attendee at the 1stSgt/MSgt regional seminar last month) was BRIEFED on by the SgtMaj of TCOM (Training COMmand/SgtMaj Knox at the time). One of the options being considered at TCOM and higher is shortening recruit training by a week and giving that week to SOI (ITB/MCT) in order to enhance the Marines' tactical training. The thought process is that the SOIs (East and West) are much better suited to teach the tactical side of the house than the Depots. As of mid-March, no decision had been made either way on what would take place. Suffice it to say that the entry-level training time WILL NOT change, it'll just be redirected if this option is implemented, seeing as how EVERY Marine goes through either MCT or ITB upon completion of recruit training. You'd just be getting one less week of training as a recruit and one more week of training as a brand new Marine.

Bottom line, though, is that as of mid-March, any changes to recruit training were still in the proposal/staffing phase. Haven't heard anything more since then other than this thread and another thread regarding the same topic on here about a month ago that I also responded to.

S/F

Thank you TOP, I highlighted the key phrases in your post!

Come on Poolees, lets hear some more!

Dan629
04-19-07, 04:30 PM
I guess things have changed. I remember when my brother graduated in PI in 1990. I was only about 4 1/2, but I do remember him graduating in his Dress Blues and I have also seen pictures of his graduation afterwards. I brought this topic up to him and he was very surprised when I told him that you no longer graduate in your Blues. Either way, as long as I am able to leave there with mine, than that is all that matters to me.

poolee18
04-19-07, 06:22 PM
Its acualy oct12 I have the same ship date and I went to mcrdsd site and check out my grad date and its oct 12

davblay
04-19-07, 09:05 PM
I guess things have changed. I remember when my brother graduated in PI in 1990. I was only about 4 1/2, but I do remember him graduating in his Dress Blues and I have also seen pictures of his graduation afterwards. I brought this topic up to him and he was very surprised when I told him that you no longer graduate in your Blues. Either way, as long as I am able to leave there with mine, than that is all that matters to me.
Please post that picture, of his platoon, right? All in Blues? We've got to see it! :evilgrin:

ItzAlex
04-19-07, 09:23 PM
What exactly goes on during team week?

davblay
04-19-07, 09:26 PM
What exactly goes on during team week?

Back in the day, we called it MESS AND MAINTAINANCE week!

Marine84
04-19-07, 09:59 PM

Do you know how many Marines were told one thing by a Recruiter only to find out something different when you got past the gate? And the first thing that comes out of their mouthes is "well, my Recruiter told me..........." or "that's not what my Recruiter told me". It really was funny to read! MY Recruiter told me that I would be sitting in some big General's office, battin' my big pretty brown eyes and getting anything I wanted for the next four years. I got my first set of orders in bootcamp saying I was going to Millington, TN to be trained in Aviation Ordnance Armament Repair - my first thought and I even voiced it after I asked what Ordnance was..............................yep, you guessed it "THAT'S NOT WHAT MY RECRUITER TOLD ME" - this guy busted his gut laughing at me! Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT saying ALL Recruiters do it that way - there ARE some good ones out there. Maybe they're up to using "bootcamp will be shorter" as a recruiting tool? Who knows?

And, I'm being dead serious about train your wife early. Once you sign that contract you sign your rights AND your LIFE over to the Corps for 4 years (or however long you enlist for) - you'll be lucky if you get to keep any personal plans for that long.

davblay
04-19-07, 11:03 PM
Shame on you Kim! You almost took my wind away from my sails! :beer:

8th&I Marine
04-20-07, 03:14 AM
I know back in June of 89 We didnt get issued Blues. If you dont get them suck it up and move on. You will more than likely get a chance to purchase them at a later date. As for rumors haha those things fly around like condoms on an aircraft carrier, you will find out how long boot camp is when you get there.

Cantrell:flag:

firebrick
04-20-07, 08:01 AM
Marine84, I always welcome advise offered. You present your views in a gruff manor. I was already dep'd in when the Master Sgt of the RSS here in town, who is not my recruiter, stated that boot camp may be shortened by one week. I did not care either way, he was just informing me that my 10 day leave date may change. As we all have heard, nothing is set in stone in the Marine Corps but it does not hurt to try to plan ahead. I was only replying to the intial topic, "what rumors have you heard," not stating that my information was fact. As for "training" my wife, I know the time apart will be hard on her but I hope things will go well. That is all I can do about that.

davblay
04-20-07, 08:13 AM
Marine84, I always welcome advise offered. You present your views in a gruff manor. I was already dep'd in when the Master Sgt of the RSS here in town, who is not my recruiter, stated that boot camp may be shortened by one week. I did not care either way, he was just informing me that my 10 day leave date may change. As we all have heard, nothing is set in stone in the Marine Corps but it does not hurt to try to plan ahead. I was only replying to the intial topic, "what rumors have you heard," not stating that my information was fact. As for "training" my wife, I know the time apart will be hard on her but I hope things will go well. That is all I can do about that.

In the Marine Corps there are two kinds of wives, THE HACKERS and THE NON HACKERS! Having said that, Some women love the adventure and moving around the world, were as some do not. The ones that Love thier Marine, are the most supportive and motivating women in the world (ask the Drifter). Sadly though there is a high per centage of divorce in the Military, as a whole! Beware of the women that only want to marry a Marine for the adventure and allotment checks! Those are the ones that encourage you to deploy more often! Yeah there are alot of those as well. They will want to move on if you decide to get out. They just love the adventure and bragging rights of being married to a Marine, that and the insurance money, should anything (Heaven forbid) happen to you.

Marine84
04-20-07, 09:13 AM
You present your views in a gruff manor.

If you can't handle my "gruff manor" (by the way, the word you SHOULD have used is "manner") - I would suggest you withdraw your paperwork and NOT go in the Marine Corps. There are a lot worse than me that are on AD.

It really chaps my hide when I see poolees come in here trying to schedule the Corps around their own little individual selves. The Corps won't really give a fat baby's a$$ when your anniversary is or anything else. If you get called in the middle of the night you HAVE to get it up and go.

Something else you'll have to learn to watch is your mouth. You seem to be one of those that has to have the last word - you want to keep it going? Do it privately or we can do it in the open where everybody can see how "gruff" my "manor" can be.

By the way...................my "manor" is the party manor :banana:

ItzAlex
04-20-07, 12:50 PM
Back in the day, we called it MESS AND MAINTAINANCE week!

And Mess and maintainence week would mean...? Is it something like you clean up for a whole week?

firebrick
04-20-07, 02:10 PM
Davblay, sorry to hijack your post! This post is about what rumors we have heard, which I answered in my first post.

Dan629
04-20-07, 03:01 PM
I posted before about seeing my brother in his Dress Blues at graduation. I think someone asked to see a pic of his entire platoon in them or something? Anyway, like I said before I was only like 4 years old so I do not know for sure. I never said that his whole platoon was wearing them though. The picture I saw was a picture of only him. Sorry for the confusion.

davblay
04-20-07, 04:15 PM
And Mess and maintainence week would mean...? Is it something like you clean up for a whole week?

Working in the mess hall and doing maitainance on the base! DUH!!

davblay
04-20-07, 04:18 PM
I posted before about seeing my brother in his Dress Blues at graduation. I think someone asked to see a pic of his entire platoon in them or something? Anyway, like I said before I was only like 4 years old so I do not know for sure. I never said that his whole platoon was wearing them though. The picture I saw was a picture of only him. Sorry for the confusion.

The confusion was on you! You didn't read the thread! Of course you saw his picture in Blues, we all had our picture made in Blues. I didn't misunderstand you, you misunderstood me! Get it?

davblay
04-20-07, 04:19 PM
Marine84, give me some of that Woman Marine Trash! Ooo-Rah, girl! :beer:

Marine84
04-20-07, 06:09 PM
OOHRAH!

He'll REALLY love it when a DI gets all up in his grill about being an individual and the REST of the platoon gets to do bends and thrusts every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours because of him.

OH! And davblay..................I hear you can worship anything you want in bootcamp these days. Somebody told me that they saw some idiot worshiping a freakin tree - I didn't Druism was practiced anymore. Could I be WRONG?

davblay
04-20-07, 07:24 PM
OOHRAH!

He'll REALLY love it when a DI gets all up in his grill about being an individual and the REST of the platoon gets to do bends and thrusts every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours because of him.

OH! And davblay..................I hear you can worship anything you want in bootcamp these days. Somebody told me that they saw some idiot worshiping a freakin tree - I didn't Druism was practiced anymore. Could I be WRONG?

DUH!!!! IN THE BIG RED TRUCK!!! :beer:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-20-07, 08:12 PM
Davblay, they really did graduate everyone in Blues for a while. It wasn't too long before I went in that they stopped doing it. I saw a friend from high school graduate and the whole platoon was in them.

For what it is worth, DIs look stupid in blues and campaign covers.

Marine84
04-20-07, 08:22 PM
We Have A Winner!!!!!

davblay
04-21-07, 01:08 AM
Davblay, they really did graduate everyone in Blues for a while. It wasn't too long before I went in that they stopped doing it. I saw a friend from high school graduate and the whole platoon was in them.

For what it is worth, DIs look stupid in blues and campaign covers.

With all due respect, E4B, I can't find evidence of that! Post a link to proof, will ya? Thanks, Semper Fi.

davblay
04-21-07, 01:10 AM
Pardon the expresstion, Marine84, but the Hat has not been thrown in yet! :beer:

Marine84
04-21-07, 09:12 AM
yeah.............I guess not til we get a pic, right? Let me see if I can't find the one worshiping the tree..........................

I'm off on a mission.

Dan629
04-21-07, 03:25 PM
Well, like I said I was a kid so I don't really know. I was just saying I saw him in his blues is all. I have never been to a Marine graduation in recent years, so I have no clue what they graduate in. My mistake I guess..

NYcityborn
04-21-07, 11:05 PM
when my friend came back from bootcamp, he said that there going to take a week out but there going to make the crucible longer, and the of the recruiters said that its going to ber harder though.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-21-07, 11:32 PM
With all due respect, E4B, I can't find evidence of that! Post a link to proof, will ya? Thanks, Semper Fi.

Wow, I guess you think I'm lacking in the integrity department. I'll try to find a link for you, but then I expect a full and total apology.

davblay
04-21-07, 11:40 PM
Wow, I guess you think I'm lacking in the integrity department. I'll try to find a link for you, but then I expect a full and total apology.

Not a all, E4B, I just have never found anything that said Blues were ever issued to each recruit, ever! That's part of the reason for this thread, to find out if it happened and when! If you want an appology, You got it, you just misunderstood the meaning of my statement! Besides, I asked for Rumors remember? But believe me, if it happened, there will be proof, right? Some where? :!:

Semper Fi

jinelson
04-21-07, 11:47 PM
Whoah stand down Marines if you have issues take it behind the barracks by way of PM or email not in front of the pups! Is that understood?

Jim

davblay
04-21-07, 11:49 PM
If anyone, within reach of this thread, can give evidence of Blues being issued to all recruits, anytime in history, please do so. I have researched this for hours and have found nothing! E4B, I am going to agree that the SMOKEY would look like chit with Blues! I am trying to make a point in this thread for the Poolees. Can you Marines not see that?

Now, lets hear some more "TALES FROM BOOT CAMP", ok?

Thanks and Semper Fi.

jinelson
04-21-07, 11:50 PM
NYcityborn that is not rumor it is fact the crucible is now 72 hours long and we dont want the Mothers of America to know that so shhhhh lol. Good to see you back Zemil.

Jim

davblay
04-21-07, 11:51 PM
Thanks Jim, Gotcha! Sorry E4B, Semper Fi.

jinelson
04-22-07, 12:21 AM
No problem brother perhaps this will put this to bed not rumor but fact. And from what Im hearing it should start after approriations of sufficient blues have been manufactured by about September or October of this year.

Jim

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37856&highlight=general+conway

by CMC - CMC has made 5 decisions:

1- The Core Competency of the MC is marksmanship, no matter what type of weapon, whether it's a rifle or a tank. He wants all Marines to wear their marksmanship medals at all times, inside the beltway and away from the beltway, because at this time they don't wear them inside the beltway.

2- He wants a 3 star Chief of Staff (CoS) on his staff and currently he is using LtGen Kramlich who is the I & L, however, he has to be careful because the LtGen was confirmed by Congress to be the I & L, therefore, with the assistance of Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA) he will apply for additional 3 star billets.

3- He wants to operate like a Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) and he wants to flatten the command structure. He believes MAGTF's have tremendous capabilities and he wants to use them as much as possible and in particular in theater. "That's our power."

4- Young Marines will be issued Dress Blues, and it may cost the MC money to do this, but they should have them. Currently they are not issued Dress Blues upon boot camp graduation. Young Marines are being buried in borrowed Dress Blues, they should have them as their own.

5- He lived on Ft Myers and saw how the U.S. Army does PT in uniformed PT gear, he wants the MC to come up with a uniform PT gear too and to incorporate some type of reflective belt or material for times of darkness.

davblay
04-22-07, 12:28 AM
No problem brother perhaps this will put this to bed not rumor but fact. And from what Im hearing it should start after approriations of sufficient blues have been manufactured by about September or October of this year.

Jim

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37856&highlight=general+conway

Thanks Jim, that closes things I have seen on this matter, but to date they have not been issued, right? I agree that they should be issued to this fine volunteer Corps we have, and I am glad to see the CMC agrees!

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 12:30 AM
Here is a link to the Marine Corps Order that authorized funds to pay for Honor Grad's Dress Blues after they stopped giving them to all recruits.

Click Here (http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/82001916d226893285256d12004936dd/822dfcfba219fde985256497006a0f0b/$FILE/MCO%2010120.61.pdf)

davblay
04-22-07, 12:38 AM
Here is a link to the Marine Corps Order that authorized funds to pay for Honor Grad's Dress Blues after they stopped giving them to all recruits.

Click Here (http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/82001916d226893285256d12004936dd/822dfcfba219fde985256497006a0f0b/$FILE/MCO%2010120.61.pdf)

Bases on what you posted here, I will eat crow for dinner tomorrow! It ain't to bad if it's fried crisp. Thanks E4B for proving this to me. I really appreciate it. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I can admit when I am wrong! Semper Fi, Marine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 12:41 AM
No problems, I just got a little excited. I apologize for not simply posting the link and staying quiet about it.

davblay
04-22-07, 12:46 AM
Now that this is settled, lets let the Poolees talk about the rumors they have heard! ok? :thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 12:56 AM
We still have the cutting boot camp by a week rumor.

I'll throw out some rumors I have heard as well- just to see if anyone else has, or knows if they are true.

1. They are changing the women's Dress Blue blouse to match that of males, and eliminating the blue skirt.

2. SNCO's are no longer authorized to wear Blue A's or B's in the summer but are to wear the Blue-White uniform.

3. Marine Corps is once again considering the M4, this time in A4 trim.

Achped
04-22-07, 07:56 AM
I heard my drill instructor will be Pamela Anderson.

Achped
04-22-07, 07:57 AM
Whoops, my bad. That was just a dream I had last night.

davblay
04-22-07, 09:26 AM

To end this thread. Poolees, the Dress Blues issue is dead. Click on the link in E4B's post and you will see a MCO that addresses the matter! This re-enforces my statement that if it is in writing it will be posted for all to see, and this is what it looks like!

Remember anything that changes in the Corps there will something similar posted on the bulletin board for all to see, then it is fact, not rumor, ok?

Thank you E4B, you have been a great help in this matter, and I deeply appreciate your help. I could not find this document! You helped me prove my point about rumors and gossip! The Poolee deserve the truth from us old used to be's as we have been there and done that!

Semper Fi.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-22-07, 10:53 AM
No problems Davblay. You know as well as I do that is anything changes in the Marine Corps EVER it is in writing somewhere. They may be really hard to track down, but it is out there somewhere.

And of course, I still haven't managed to find anything in writing about boot camp being a week shorter- which tells me it isn't going to happen this summer unless they really start hurrying up.

HurricaneRJ
04-23-07, 02:02 PM
No problems Davblay. You know as well as I do that is anything changes in the Marine Corps EVER it is in writing somewhere. They may be really hard to track down, but it is out there somewhere.

And of course, I still haven't managed to find anything in writing about boot camp being a week shorter- which tells me it isn't going to happen this summer unless they really start hurrying up.
From what I've been told by this poolie, bootcamp was suppose to be shorten a week this June, and by December it was suppose to be 8 weeks.

I don't know if it will happen like you said, but I highly doubt it.

ItzAlex
04-23-07, 02:33 PM
I heard my drill instructor will be Pamela Anderson.
You have your ship date right there and a full profile. Whats the chance that your future DI will just so happen to come across this post?:bunny:

MGySgtSki
04-23-07, 03:43 PM
We still have the cutting boot camp by a week rumor.

I'll throw out some rumors I have heard as well- just to see if anyone else has, or knows if they are true.

1. They are changing the women's Dress Blue blouse to match that of males, and eliminating the blue skirt.

2. SNCO's are no longer authorized to wear Blue A's or B's in the summer but are to wear the Blue-White uniform.

3. Marine Corps is once again considering the M4, this time in A4 trim.

Here are a couple of answers:

For rumor #2:

As of the latest info put out by the Marine Corps Uniform Board:

D. THE MCUB WEBSITE HAS BEEN UPDATED TO INCORPORATE SEVERAL CHANGES
<TT>TO REFERENCE (C) THAT WERE EITHER ERRONEOUSLY OMITTED OR HAVE</TT>
<TT>RECENTLY BEEN APPROVED BY THE PRESIDENT, MCUB. THESE CHANGES WILL</TT>
<TT>BE INCORPORATED INTO CHANGE 5 OF REFERENCE (C) AND DEAL WITH THE</TT>
<TT>FOLLOWING ISSUES.</TT>

(4) PARA 2003 - WEAR OF BLUE-WHITE UNIFORM (ALMAR 059/01).

Which states:

(14) AUTHORIZE SNCOS TO WEAR THE DRESS BLUE-WHITE UNIFORM AS THE SUMMER DRESS UNIFORM, AND OTHER ENLISTED MARINES IF ASSIGNED TO CEREMONIAL UNITS, COLOR GUARDS AND BANDS.

(A) DRESS UNIFORMS REMAIN OPTIONAL FOR ALL ENLISTED MARINES.

(B) FOR OFFICERS AND THOSE SNCOS OPTING TO WEAR THE DRESS UNIFORM DURING THE SUMMER SEASON, THE DRESS BLUE-WHITE UNIFORM IS THE AUTHORIZED UNIFORM.

For Rumor #1

This is off the Marine Corps Uniform Board web site (http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/SITES/MCUB/)

--Female Dress Blue Coat Modification Initiative (http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/SITES/MCUB/PAGES/Current%20Uniform%20Initiatives/Female%20Dress%20Blue%20Initiative.htm)(CMC disapproved the new coat, recommend revisit in the future)
(http://www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil/SITES/MCUB/PAGES/Current%20Uniform%20Initiatives/Female%20Dress%20Blue%20Initiative.htm)
No idea if the Corps is looking to doing what the Army did and pretty much go exclusively to the M4 or not, but I'll dig a little and see what I can find on that.

S/F

davblay
04-23-07, 03:49 PM
You have your ship date right there and a full profile. Whats the chance that your future DI will just so happen to come across this post?:bunny:

This is a lesson for all Poolees! This is a Marine Corps Site, and a lot of Marines use it!

Marine84
04-23-07, 07:09 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA men!

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-23-07, 09:40 PM
Can't beat that- I posted some things I had heard but had not looked into, and there are the answers. For what it is worth, I don't like SNCOs not wearing blue pants if it is a situation where NCOs and nonrates will be present and in Blues as well. I always thought the women's Blue's blouse should match the men's Blue's blouse. And the M4 is a jam-o-matic. There is a solution, but the Army won't do it, so I doubt the Marine Corps could get funding to do it. So, I hope they stick to the full size M16.

ItzAlex
04-24-07, 11:29 AM
Can't beat that- I posted some things I had heard but had not looked into, and there are the answers. For what it is worth, I don't like SNCOs not wearing blue pants if it is a situation where NCOs and nonrates will be present and in Blues as well. I always thought the women's Blue's blouse should match the men's Blue's blouse. And the M4 is a jam-o-matic. There is a solution, but the Army won't do it, so I doubt the Marine Corps could get funding to do it. So, I hope they stick to the full size M16.
Are you refering to the Army's canceled XM8 project with HK? I believe the reason they stopped was either due to they want to buy from an American company or because of complaints with the prototype that it has a cooling problem. Since most of the barrel is actually inside the rifle, when enough shots are fired the material begins to melt.

On topic: I herd from a former marine: he got out of the Corps before his contract was up due to his "connections". I highly doubt thats possible but he insists...
Same guys told me in recruit training, they use AR15.
He also told me... his nick name in recruit training was doorknobs.

He is a freind of on of my fraternity pledge brothers so i dont know him very well.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-07, 12:04 PM
No, I am not talking about the XM8, but it is an H&amp;K project. After having feeding and ejection problems with the M4 in Afghanistan Army Delta people worked with H&amp;K to replace the gas system on the...

ItzAlex
04-24-07, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I had strong suspicion that he was either not a Marine or he's trying to cover up something. Probably dishonorable discharge. But I didnt want to risk telling a Marine that hes not a Marine. <br />

Wolfman07
04-24-07, 06:20 PM
I recently heard from an active duty Sgt that MARSOC is pulling linguist straight out of the Defensive Language Institute. Anybody know if this is true?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-24-07, 06:23 PM
I don't know if it is true. It well could be, but they wouldn't be operators. They would be there to assist those guys but wouldn't be one of them.

Integrity57
04-24-07, 07:11 PM
That really sucks that the Army isn't going to order those H&K 416's after Delta Force spent something like 7 or 8 years developing that with H&K. I saw a demonstration of that rifle on Future Weapns and it was pretty cool if I do say so myself. The durability was like that of the AK-47, being able to be buried and dunked in water and still be fired after that. Has anyone heard if any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces are going to invest in the AA12? It's a fully automatic shotgun with a ammo drum like the Thompson sub-machine gun.

This Recruit
04-25-07, 08:50 PM
Do recruits get issued camelbacks now in recruit training or still canteens?

Soon2BeVIP
04-25-07, 09:25 PM
Do recruits get issued camelbacks now in recruit training or still canteens?
At our mini-bootcamp last October something they said it was camelbacks now.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-25-07, 11:00 PM
I can't imagine recruits not having to carry a canteen around. That seems almost as wrong as not having to spit shine boots anymore.

Marine84
04-26-07, 06:23 AM
I can't imagine recruits not having to carry a canteen around. That seems almost as wrong as not having to spit shine boots anymore.

When I went to PI last September I didn't see one canteen - all the recruits had those camelback thingies and they all looked like they were going to school with book bags attached to them.

Soon2BeVIP
04-26-07, 06:57 AM
When I went to PI last September I didn't see one canteen - all the recruits had those camelback thingies and they all looked like they were going to school with book bags attached to them.
Ya at my mini-bootcamp one of the classes we had was seeing the gear we'd have at bootcamp. The DI's told us that it had changed to camelbacks now, but they brought us the old canteens just for the sake of showing us. Anyone just recently come back from boot that can testify?

BrentAndrew
04-26-07, 08:00 AM
running a few miles with a camelbak is conveinent!

This Recruit
04-26-07, 09:39 PM

An enlisted Marine told me it saves time though as with not having to shine boots anymore, which seems practical.

Also, since the SAW and AT4 are now used in bootcamp (saw in Marine Corp article), how much time will be alotted on them? Also, does anyone know what week they will be used in or how they were fit into the 13 week schedule?

MGySgtSki
04-27-07, 07:58 AM
An enlisted Marine told me it saves time though as with not having to shine boots anymore, which seems practical.

Also, since the SAW and AT4 are now used in bootcamp (saw in Marine Corp article), how much time will be alotted on them? Also, does anyone know what week they will be used in or how they were fit into the 13 week schedule?

Now used in boot camp? I remember firing the AT-4 (and I believe also the SAW, but not sure about that one) at boot camp back in Jan 88.

S/F

davblay
04-27-07, 08:05 AM
As I remember 1969, Boot Camp. we only fired the M-14 for record and the 45 for familiarization! Oh yes there was those silly BB guns we used for quick fire familiarization! Remember those anyone?

Integrity57
04-27-07, 11:13 AM
Recruits get to fire the AT-4 at Boot? That's pretty sweet, does anyone know if they're training recruits with the Javeline (spelling?) missile system?

MGySgtSki
04-27-07, 11:20 AM
Recruits get to fire the AT-4 at Boot? That's pretty sweet, does anyone know if they're training recruits with the Javeline (spelling?) missile system?

I very seriously doubt that you'll ever even touch a Javelin unless you're a Javelin gunner. And about the AT-4, unless things have changed, you fire a 9mm spotter round from the tube, not the actual warhead. It's for familiarization, not to make you proficient in the use of any weapon system. The only weapon system they train you to be proficient in is the M-16A2 (could be using the A4 now, not sure). Other than your service rifle, you'll get to fire different weapon systems at recruit training, but in a famfire setting only.

S/F

This Recruit
04-27-07, 02:49 PM
Now used in boot camp? I remember firing the AT-4 (and I believe also the SAW, but not sure about that one) at boot camp back in Jan 88.

S/F

It was in an article a while back. They said they cut the SAW/AT4 out and then reimplimented it again. A Marine who just got back verified this with me too.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-27-07, 02:54 PM
My entire group failed the AT4 shoot and got thrashed pretty good for it. Not one of us yelled "BACKBLAST AREA ALL CLEAR" before we shot.

davblay
04-30-07, 11:25 PM
As you poolees can see, rumors start at the end of every cycle of Boot camp! There are some truths included so you can't always discard all the stuff you get there. The point of this thread was to show you Poolees that rumors are like Gossip, and Gossip is not always good, or true! The thread also proved that any, and all, new changes are in writing and available, somewhere, for all to see! My thanks to all the Marines who contributed to this thread,as well as the post from our Poolees. E4B helped greatly with his research and postings! Thanks E4B!

With new Marines graduating weekly, I would expect more rumors to be posted here, but we'll see!

Thanks again to all that contributed, Semper Fi! :usmc:

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-01-07, 12:39 AM
I hope we keep this going so that people can see that when they hear something it doesn't matter. When it is a fact it will be in an ALMAR or MARADMIN message and SNCOs tend to know even before then. But, what you heard your buddy say is not always true and is often not worth listening to.

HurricaneRJ
05-01-07, 09:35 AM
Well I heard from my Gunny, that ITB is backed up and he won't be able to send me to boot camp until the summer. When in the summer when its going to be open again?

Echo_Four_Bravo
05-01-07, 10:36 AM
No way to tell when it will be open. There are only so many possible slots at any school, and that includes SOI. When it is full, it is full. The only time you know that there are openings in schools is at the start of the fiscal year which is October 1. Other than that, it just relies on luck. However, since the summer is the busiest time at MCRD, there is a very good chance that there won't be any openings then.

maximum infidel
05-03-07, 10:44 AM
There is no good reason to use the full size M16. In the modern combat environment you are in and out of vehicles and buildings all day. The choice to use a longer, heavier weapon is obviously made by people with no real experience.
As for the H&K 416...I use one every day. Sweet ass weapon.

PooleeMari
05-03-07, 10:26 PM
actually, back to the topic of bootcamp being cut to 11 weeks, i was tlaking to my recruiter and i said 13 weeks and he corrected me and said they changed it to 11....

HurricaneRJ
05-03-07, 10:36 PM
I'm meeting my Gunny tomorrow, lets see if he says the same thing.

davblay
05-03-07, 10:45 PM
actually, back to the topic of bootcamp being cut to 11 weeks, i was tlaking to my recruiter and i said 13 weeks and he corrected me and said they changed it to 11....

Well it's good to see this is still going around! Keep it coming Poolees!

Motorola07
05-04-07, 02:26 AM
"No still the same Williams, **** has not been changed.." - SSgt Dodson

My recruiter few days ago

BrentAndrew
05-04-07, 08:44 AM
Just to play with the fire a bit I talked to my recruiter. He had mentioned that the IDEA was there because they wanted to recruits to spend more time in combat training. He followed up with saying they have wanted to do this since the war began, has it yet to happen? NO!!!

PooleeMari
05-04-07, 03:18 PM
i talked to the head recruiter at my station, SSgt. Hill, and he said its gonna be cut to 11 weeks they just dont know when

jetztodernie
05-05-07, 10:13 AM
http://forums.*************/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9071945704/m/2160034521001 <br />
<br />
Since they just moved the Crucible to the 11th week or training, the whole training cycle cannot be 11 weeks long. That...

jinelson
05-05-07, 10:23 AM
maximum infidel -There is no good reason to use the full size M16. In the modern combat environment you are in and out of vehicles and buildings all day. The choice to use a longer, heavier weapon is obviously made by people with no real experience.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/M1CarbPistol.jpg

Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

Jim

Marine84
05-05-07, 04:29 PM
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

Jim

OOHRAH!

davblay
06-27-07, 11:42 AM

Mike Company, 3 RtBN graduated Friday June 22nd and guess what? They were there for 13 weeks! Also they didn't get Blues issued! Just goes to show ya, RUMORS are still alive! :marine:

KittyRina
06-27-07, 04:04 PM
Good Poolees, keep it comimg!

Am I allowed to tell them the pattern........ because I definitely know it.

davblay
07-03-07, 11:48 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread back to the top as there seems to be a lot of returning new Marines with some good stuff for this thread!

Lets hear those Rumors all you New Marines! :marine:

Motorola07
07-04-07, 04:21 AM
I dont want to make another thread.. But <br />
<br />
If you guys are having doubts about leaving and are like i dont want to loose my family, or joining for the wrong reasons.. You need to think about it.....

Marine84
07-04-07, 11:11 AM
5 people went UA

How in the hell do you go UA - OH, I forgot you went to SD - but still...............how do they think they'll get away with it? EVERYBODY outside KNOWS you're a Recruit! And, if they tried it in the middle of the night - how in the hell do they get past the firewatches or are the firewatches "watching" for them so they can get out the door?

I saw a lot of this kind of stuff when I went through - b!tches were doing some of the stupidest $h!t just to get out of there. Burning themselves with irons, not drinking enough water on purpose, we even had a couple that had balls the size of TX and bowed up at DIs (THAT was a show!). My Sister platoon had one that DIED the first morning we were there - don't know what happened but when she fell out of the rack that morning she hit the deck and NEVER got back up.

He's right folks, if you ain't ready, don't waste nobody's time - you can ALWAYS chicken out at the last minute with no repercussions BEFORE you get on the bus. There will be HUGE problems for you if you try to do it when you get there.

davblay
07-04-07, 11:13 AM
The statements made by Motorola are not considered to be rumors-----but fact! He got caught up in the system and faild because of a fact, concerning his health, come back and bit him in the azz! Motorola ia a good man and will be a good Marine----given the opportunity to make that trip again. We'll be watching him over the next few weeks or months to see how his condition developes. Remember Poolees---if you have had any condition in the past, no matter what it was, tell the recruiter!

What he told you about the people trying to get out---well that's very true, unfortunately! There are a few that just can't hack it in my beloved Corps. They are the ones that grow up to be the RAMBOs and John Waynes and such---the impersonators! It's sad, but true, that the recruites, like Mototrola, have to be paced in the same outfit as those loosers!

But back to the topic of this thread----I know there are new Marines out there that have some juicy news from Boot Camp that the DIs told them was about to happen. Shortening Boot Camp, issuing Blues, dropping Team Week----come on, fill us in on what those DIs told you just before you left MCRD, we want to hear about it and compare notes, ok?

davblay
07-04-07, 11:16 AM
Kim, a trapped rat will find a way out, ya know!

Motorola07
07-04-07, 11:40 AM
I had a long talk with my receiving Senior DI, he said nothing is changing but the crucible. And thats not suppose to change for a couple months. Now i did have some phase 3 recruits tell me that the dress blues are going to be given to us. Now look its phase 3, dont know what phase 3 means, look at your calender that shows 13 weeks of what you will be doing at boot camp. Guy that was there for 6 months shattered his knee 10 days before he got to graduate. He was 10 days away. He paid for his blues, and when we went to PCO to turn in out cammies and gear in, they said since he paid for his Blues out of his own pocket, he has to keep them. He had a few DI's on him saying he can't keep them. But if those DI's ever took them out of his hands, since he OWNS them, the DI's can get NJP'd.

NOTHING IS CHANGING FOLKS, JUST THE CRUCIBLE, AND ITS AT THE DAMN END... YOU HAVE 3RD PHASED RECRUITS SPREADING **** BECAUSE OF THE DI'S TELLING THEM TO.

Motorola07
07-04-07, 12:05 PM
And Kim, about those guys leaving... Every single one of them that ran, got caught sooner or later. One guy I talked to for a long time, he was a 2nd phase recruit. He went UA for 4 months, cops showed up at his door step, his recruiter was in the back watching. He said they didn't hand cuff him because he complied with them. He said right when he got home he got a job, he said he was actually about to leave to his job. He told me the reason why he went UA was because he blew his knee out and they wanted to do surgery, and he would have to be at MCRD SD for 9 months before he could go back to training, and they where not going to let him go home and try again.

Another guy i talked to went UA for 26 days. I believe on the 28 day they turn you in for going AWOL, and its now a warrant out for your arrest. So he turned him self in so he wouldn't get in trouble. When i was in MRP they had 3 guys work with each other, 1 guy was on back post, 2 was in the rack. He let them walk out the back post. Another guy seen the other 2 recruits walk out the back, and he let the DI on deck know what was going on. He called the MPs and they caught them 5 mins later. They were just about to make it to the fence. There is one guy that they have not caught yet, hes been UA for 8 months. He keeps skipping town. What the Senior DI told us at RSP. But hes going to end up going to the brig, because he is gone for so long.

The reason why people go UA at MRP, is because its depressing. You are broken, or sick. and they wont let you work out. All you do is clean the squad bay, sit around, read your knowledge, and on the weekends we get the baby sitter(TV for you younger poolee's). And people are there from 2 weeks to 8 months. There was a guy in there that broke his hip, he got surgery and waited 6 months before he could go back to TC. He broke something else on the crucible and had to come back for another 3 months. Now count that 3 + 6 = 9. He was in MRP for 9 months. He finally graduated 2 weeks before i got off Depo. Now he was there for a grand total of 12 months. He graduated with Honors. Guys name i have no idea. He wasn't there when i was in MRP. But the DI's wanted us to go watch this one company graduate because he was in it. THAT IS ONE MOTO RECRUIT(well Marine).

What i thought was hilarious, my Senior DI for MRP. He told us, because we had one guy on UA watch, because he told the DI's he was going to go UA if they don't let him leave. He told everyone out loud, if anyone goes UA, and you see him. Scream DRILL INSTRUCTOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR DRILL INSTRUCTOR. Have someone beat on the hatch, and one or two guys run after him. Tackle his ass, and **** happens, if you hit him, you hit him. **** happens.

jetdoc
07-04-07, 02:06 PM
Please post that picture, of his platoon, right? All in Blues? We've got to see it! :evilgrin:

Yea, I'd love to see that pic as well.

jetdoc
07-04-07, 02:42 PM
Riddle me this gang....how did I get Dress Blues issued to me, free, but not out of Bootcamp as honor grad. Again, I didn't buy them, but they were issued to me, in fact all the active duty in the unit could have gotten them, (hint).

Another hint, I was Airwing, not 8th and I or the like.

Probably pretty easy for most of you to figure out.

davblay
07-05-07, 09:44 AM
NOTHING IS CHANGING FOLKS, JUST THE CRUCIBLE, AND ITS AT THE DAMN END... YOU HAVE 3RD PHASED RECRUITS SPREADING **** BECAUSE OF THE DI'S TELLING THEM TO.

As you can see from some of the earlier posts in this thread, rumors have been around for ever! When it comes to Boot Camp we all like to think our training was the hardest and the new guys have it easier!

The thing to remember is that Boot Camp is hard for everyone that goes thru it! Some have a harder time with the physical part and some with the mental part---but it is hard on everyone that goes thru it!

What this thread was set up for was to show you guys that everything changes-------but stays the same, so to speak! The Dis, at both MCRDs, tell stuff to the third phase recruits and know that it will spread--of course as it spreads it gets changed. As we are trained to believe averything the DIs tell us-----well you get the picture. The original word may have been overheard by the house mouse. He heard toe HATS saying "I think they should shorten training by a week", then by the time the last recruit gets the word---the HAT said "BOOT CAMP IS BEING SHORTENED BY A WEEK"! Get it?

Having said that, what I want to see on this thread is more of what I have seen in the oast, from you new Marines (or poolees) that have just GOT THE WORD from some one that knows! Post them, then compare them---you will see that a lot of the stories are the same, just a little different twist on them.

So ppost away guys, lets hear those rumors, or should I say all those stories the DIs told you, or the BN Commander said, or I saw this myself in writing---stuff like that! New or old Marines---we all heard them.

Hopefulrecruit
07-05-07, 11:18 AM
From one of my friends that left medically as a Corporal,
he was telling me and another friend that they were eliminating the confidence course due to Mothers of the Military petitioning that basic was too hard on recruits. My first reaction was I don't want to go through training that is going to be easy as it won't prepare me fully for the situations that could arise (my recruiter has since gave me the correct info that this is not true). Also I was told about stress cards which I have been told by a few people from other branches that these are real, I mean come on war = very bad stress what are you going to hold up a card to the enemy and say I can't take this can we just relax for a moment? If I get handed a stress card I'm gonna eat it in front of th D.I and let it come out as what it is...$h*t(probably not as I hope a D.I would not kill me for this).

jungholee90
07-05-07, 02:05 PM
I haven't heard any rumors before, but now I will be able to identify them when I hear them, haha.
I have some questions: I see a lot about honor graduates and I was wondering, what is exactly an honor graduate? Is there like a specific standard in graduating as one? I've seen some youtube videos of MCRD graduation ceremonies and saw some graduates wearing Dress Blues - are they honor graduates?

HurricaneRJ
07-05-07, 02:14 PM
Yeah.

Platoon Honor grads and Company Honor grads. Look up the search function on the forums and you will see them.

Sgt Jim
07-05-07, 06:13 PM
never got dress blues,but i am still the same Marine,ooorah

RNelson
07-07-07, 05:40 PM
From one of my friends that left medically as a Corporal,
he was telling me and another friend that they were eliminating the confidence course due to Mothers of the Military petitioning that basic was too hard on recruits. My first reaction was I don't want to go through training that is going to be easy as it won't prepare me fully for the situations that could arise (my recruiter has since gave me the correct info that this is not true). Also I was told about stress cards which I have been told by a few people from other branches that these are real, I mean come on war = very bad stress what are you going to hold up a card to the enemy and say I can't take this can we just relax for a moment? If I get handed a stress card I'm gonna eat it in front of th D.I and let it come out as what it is...$h*t(probably not as I hope a D.I would not kill me for this).

Yeah I heard the stupid stress card one too from my recruiter. I think they (they being stress cards) are rediculous, but it sounds like they might actuallly be put in place.

Sgt Jim
07-07-07, 06:47 PM
stress card????? sounds like a army thing?

jetdoc
07-07-07, 07:21 PM
Stress cards, eliminating the confidence course? PLEASE tell me this isn't going to happen to my Marine Corps!!!!

RNelson
07-07-07, 07:25 PM
stress card????? sounds like a army thing?

I have heard that they instated them in army boot camp and from what my recruiter was saying it sounds pretty possible that they may start using them in Marine Corps boot camp. Once again I think that they are stupid

Marine84
07-07-07, 07:28 PM
HAHAHAHA! Here we go again.....................

jetdoc
07-07-07, 07:29 PM
Stress cards are for fags (f@gs)!!!

Motorola07
07-08-07, 12:32 AM
They did not issue stress cards.. Believe me i dont think they will lol...

davblay
07-08-07, 12:42 AM
I will believe they will use STRESS cards when the United States goes belly up! I don't think that will every happen BTW!

Marine84
07-08-07, 11:20 AM
HAHAHAHAHA! Stress cards.....................I can see it now.......................

DI all in your face telling you how fking worthless you are, you hold up a stress card and jerk a tear and the DI backs down.......................IN WHAT LIFETIME?

jetdoc
07-08-07, 04:14 PM
I hear ya Kim...if my beloved Corps EVER did the "time out" or "stress card", or whatever its called in the Army, I will never look at the Marine Corps the same.

Wasn't there a thread started over on the Poolie section about rumors, (started by a Marine), and how silly they are?

Tyson
07-08-07, 04:33 PM
Stress cards are for fags!!!

I agree x10

jungholee90
07-08-07, 05:43 PM
If that stress card thing is going to be in effect, I would be very disappointed.
It wouldn't be the same anymore, it wouldn't be EARNING the title, but just being given one. What's the pride in that? I want to earn the title of United States Marine the same way and with the same intensity Marines here earned it.

bgsuwoody
07-08-07, 06:51 PM
Dave you just love this thread...I can only imagine what ridiculous things will end up in here by the time I am back from bootcamp!

Tooks
07-08-07, 07:33 PM
Where are you guys hearing this tuff from. I have never heard any of this from anyone, least of all my recruiters. The only thing that I had heard was about them changing the female dress blues. And even that was only something that they were looking at. They were creating protoges for people to wear, but it wasn't definite as to what was going to happen.

bgsuwoody
07-08-07, 07:36 PM
This is a lot of bootcamp rumors from Marines who have come back, and many are just well...scuttlebutt!

Motorola07
07-08-07, 07:42 PM
This is a lot of bootcamp rumors from Marines who have come back, and many are just well...scuttlebutt!

Water fountain?

bgsuwoody
07-08-07, 08:14 PM
Water fountain? Or and I quote "gossip or unfounded rumor." Kinda like porthole and portholes I suppose.

jetdoc
07-09-07, 06:53 AM
You Poolee's may want to brush up on Marine phrases and slang. Scuttlebutt can be a water fountain, or as woody has said, a rumor.

Here is a great source of info on USMC phrases and words. I think I will post it here in Poolee hall on its own thread...good stuff.

http://4mermarine.com/USMC/dictionary.html

kbs95125
07-09-07, 01:14 PM
Seriously though, what phase do we get the milk and cookies?

And when you go out on the Crucible, I've heard the DI's tell you some scary ghost stories. Is that true? Ghosts scare me.

The real question I have though, is why care about rumors from boot camp?

The Marine Corps is going to do it the way the Marine Corps wants it, which means WE (as in Poolees) will do it the way the Marine Corps wants it. I'm more then ok with that.

bgsuwoody
07-09-07, 01:19 PM

And when you go out on the Crucible, I've heard the DI's tell you some scary ghost stories. Is that true? Ghosts scare me.

The Marine Corps is going to do it the way the Marine Corps wants it, which means WE (as in Poolees) will do it the way the Marine Corps wants it. I'm more then ok with that.

Reminds me of the saying "There is the right way, there is the wrong way, then there is the Marine Corps way." :p

davblay
07-09-07, 02:38 PM

As far as your milk and cookies----forget it!

As far as ghost----grow up!

Why are rumors important? Read this entire thread for that answer!

Some poolees come in here wanting to take the easy way out and ask the same questions over and over! That's why we have the search engine on this site---use it----then if you don't find what you are looking for---ask away! But read the threads, you might be surprised at what you will learn!

kbs95125
07-09-07, 03:19 PM
Sir,
I was trying to say was even if there were changes, it really shouldn't matter to us Poolees. The Marine Corps decides what we need to do to earn the title. I guess I was just saying, although this thread is not only entertaining and informative for some Poolees, boot camp being a week shorter or longer, or milk and cookies in phase 3 or ghost stories during the Crucible, shouldn't be whats important to us Poolees. Things like bettering PT, or finding out more information about MOS's, learning our recruit knowledge is what should be in the front of our mind. I was just restating the fact that rumors are rumors and boot camp is boot camp and that our goal is to earn the title, whatever way the Marine Corps feels is necessary.

Quinbo
07-09-07, 03:28 PM
I think the original intent of this thread was informational. It would be good for you to know that there is a lot of BS stories that get circulated and recycled so many times that they almost seem real. KBS you are welcome to come on here and ask the "he said she said" questions to see if they are true or not. If you make it into the Marines you will continue to hear malarkey from sea lawyers ect that might sound convincing but should be approached with a grain of salt. Sorry this site isn't quite jiving up with your agenda KBS.

kbs95125
07-09-07, 03:47 PM
I didn't mean it in a negative or disrespectful way at all, sir.

I was merely pointing out to the other Poolees, that the rumors aren't going to get any of us through boot camp. I understand why the thread is here, and why it is important for it to be here. I don't understand why I am upsetting anybody by saying something that seemed to be the entire point of the thread though, sir.

I'd like to say that I do enjoy this site alot, and it has helped me find alot of useful information in obtaining my goal, and I appreciate that Marines take the time to help us Poolees out.

I'd like to apologize if anybody took anything I said in a negative way or a disrespectful way, that wasn't my intention at all or the tone I was trying to write with.

Motorola07
07-09-07, 05:52 PM
I thought it was only Charlie, and Fox company got the milk and cookies at SD..? lol

Your SDI will let you know if you get cookies. They have sweats up there, theres also a ice cream machine. But i bet you wont try and get ice cream. i seen a guy go for it. Dont think he even went near that machine again.

kbs95125
07-09-07, 05:58 PM
I may if it has crunch bars. Ha.

Not really though. I can only imagine you'd never want to see ice cream again if you tried.

jetdoc
07-09-07, 06:03 PM
Are you guys are being serious about milk and cookies and ice cream?

kbs95125
07-09-07, 06:08 PM
I am most definitely not being serious about the milk and cookies. Or ghosts. I'd be shocked if there actually was milk and cookies. I'd probably also think it was a trick. Just finding humor in rumors.

I'm actually not a sweets person though, unless its peanut brittle. I love peanut brittle.

jetdoc
07-09-07, 06:17 PM
I love milk and cookies and thats not a rumor!!

kbs95125
07-09-07, 06:20 PM
I can safely say that was the funniest thing I've read all day. Haha

Thank you sir.

jetdoc
07-09-07, 06:30 PM
kbs, as long as I can make you laugh then its all good. BTW, who are those lovely ladies in your pic?

kbs95125
07-09-07, 06:37 PM
Well thank you for doing so, sir. My job gives me hardly any human interaction, so today was a nice change of pace to actually be interacting alot more then I normally do on the forums.

Those ladies would be:
My current girlfriend (red hair), her best friend (black/blonde hair), and our roomate (short one).

Motorola07
07-09-07, 06:53 PM
Yall want to know whats at the chow hall?

Morning chow
~3 kinds of fruits, and 3 kinds of canned fruits
~4 types of cereals to choose from
~POWDERED EGGS
~Either bacon or sausage
~Beteens on which day it is, you get pancakes or walfes or umm forgot the name of the other.
~Muffins(i loved the blueberry ones), or cinnamon roll.

Now for rest of the chow you will have to find out on your own, because im to lazy to type up the rest and and i dont know how to call the afternoon chow and evening chow. I dont know the name of it and it looks like CRAP. You will not enjoy chow, at least i didnt. Everyones farts smells the same.

For the first week you are there, you have an IST, that morning eat little as possible for chow, dont drink milk. Because right after morning chow you go back to the squad bay and get ready for the IST. And after the IST its black friday, you will love it..

kbs95125
07-09-07, 07:02 PM
So, anybody have an opinion on what the best MRE is?

How do you powder an egg?

Motorola07
07-09-07, 07:29 PM
Its like fake eggs..

kbs95125
07-09-07, 07:36 PM
Sounds delicious

jetdoc
07-09-07, 08:08 PM
Nice looking crew except for your mugg, lol, j/k Kyle.

Do you know what your MOS is?

kbs95125
07-10-07, 04:17 AM
Not yet sir. I pick one in August.

HurricaneRJ
07-10-07, 06:29 AM
Hey is that a female pit bull? I have one, and boy is she is my baby. I take care of her and she runs PT with me. I tell yah, dogs become a part of your family real quick. My dad cussed me out when I first brought her home, but the next morning I see her laying on his lap watching sportscenter.

jetdoc
07-10-07, 06:36 AM
You got that right about dogs. We already had 3, 2 are small dogs. About 5 months ago my daughter brings home a little puppy. She didn't say the breed. I cussed her out too, ignored the dog for a few days, next thing you know, Lucy (dogs name), was watching sports center with me too, lol.

Turns out shes a Newfy and now she just turned 7 months and weighs about 70 lbs...yikes. She is a big goofy dog and we love her.

kbs95125
07-10-07, 01:39 PM
Yeah shes a pit bull. Shes a little on the smaller side but I love her to death. I tried taking her with me PT'ing once... I had to carry her half way through the run. Ha.

I love dogs, I work at a dog daycare/training and veterinary clinic.

Future93
07-10-07, 01:53 PM
[quote=kbs95125]So, anybody have an opinion on what the best MRE is?

The best kind of MRE is beef ravioli(i think that's how you spell it) it's really good. There are some BIG crackers it comes with and cheese for them. The oatmeal raisin cookies are pretty good too. Oh and I got the MRE from my friends dad's friend(he's a Marine). I got some others but some are really nasty.

bgsuwoody
07-10-07, 07:35 PM
I did hear a rumor, but I don't believe it, but just to continue in this great thread here is what I heard...I heard that the DI's cannot make you do mountain climbers anymore." Let's see where we get with that rumor.

jetdoc
07-10-07, 08:18 PM
Speaking of mountain climbers, our Drill Instructors would get ****ed at a prive and make him get under the bottom rack then order him to do mountain climbers. It of course didn't work out, but it was funny as crap...too bad we could only laugh on the inside...lol.

kbs, I can picture you having to carry your dog, too funny. Its good that you take care of dogs like that, dogs are the best.

Haffner
07-10-07, 08:23 PM
The best MRE is definently freakin' tortellini. OMG I loved that one.

The most filling, though, was ... damn what was it. Oh, the nasty burger one. It had crackers, with the jalapeno cheese, and beef jerky. That one rocked, in some regards.

Motorola07
07-10-07, 10:31 PM
Well your wrong on the mountain climbers part. One of the guys in there said one of the other recruits got some balls. The DI said mountain climbers everyone got down. about 10 seconds later, the recruit gets up... screams out. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED SIR.. THIS RECRUIT REACHED THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN. DI screams at him, well get on your face and go back down the ****ing mountain.

HurricaneRJ
07-10-07, 11:21 PM
The best MRE is Grilled Chicken.

Haffner
07-10-07, 11:56 PM
1. Everybody has heard that reached the top of the mountain story from another Marine. Seriously.

2. If you think grilled chicken is the best, you havn't had the tortellini! Seriously! lol. My god, I forgot which one(s) had that rainbox cookie in it...but damn that was a tasty mo'f***er.

davblay
07-11-07, 09:52 AM

This was from a April 18, 2007 post on this thread! Achped is there now and I wonder if he has confirmed any if these rumors.

davblay
07-11-07, 10:26 AM
<table id="post233158" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal;">images/statusicon/post_old.gif 04-10-07, 01:27 PM <!-- / status icon and date --> </td> <td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #11 (showpost.php?p=233158&postcount=11) </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" width="175"> Accord (member.php?u=20572) <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_233158", true); </script>
Marine
Free Member (payments.php)

images/avatars/pfc.gif (member.php?u=20572)

images/misc/im_aim.gif (showthread.php?t=44359&page=4#)

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_233158"> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by futureMarine418
So is everyone graduating in dress blues now? I saw that on another thread but i cant find it. Is it true and if so why?
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
No, you'll be issued them but you won't graduate in them - only the guide does.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
America is not at war, the Marine Corps is at war. America is at the mall.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f359/Accord3222/earnedNEVERgivensword1.jpg
</td></tr></tbody> </table>

I particularly like posts like this as they have now been proven to be RUMORS!

Motorola07
07-11-07, 01:54 PM
Hell i can tell you that one is a rumor.. One of the guys in RSP, went home same day i did, he was a 3rd phase recruit, had 11 days left to graduate. Broke his knee or something in his leg and cant be fixed. He already paid for his blues. and They made him take it home. They couldn't REFUND his money. I WAS THERE LISENING TO THE HOLE THING. So about getting blues issued. They didnt do it while i was there. He payed for this out of his own pocket. We were walking about to the squad bay in our civi clothes, and 2 DI's was asking why he was carrying the blues. It was on a monday, and noone graduating that week lol.