PDA

View Full Version : Master of Broken Promises

10thzodiac
04-17-07, 08:20 PM
Published: April 17, 2007 (NY Times)
President Bush has reneged on his promises to Katrina’s victims. Shamefully, the president has chosen the interests of bureaucracy over those of American towns on the brink of failure.

Over a year and a half later, there are 64,000 people still sleeping in trailers in Louisiana and far too many communities without schools, hospitals and other basics. These are unacceptable failures. At least part of the problem is a law that requires states to contribute 10 percent of the cost of most federally financed reconstruction projects. Mr. Bush waived that requirement after the Sept. 11 attacks (as his father did after Hurricanes Andrew and Iniki) but he refuses to do so for the Gulf Coast.

A law written to deal with isolated tornadoes does not fit the total devastation of an entire region, and particularly the drowning of a major city like New Orleans. But municipalities are still being asked to pony up by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/f/federal_emergency_management_agency/index.html?inline=nyt-org), even when they are broke.

Louisiana has tried to ease the problem by covering the local share out of a separate pot of money (from Housing and Urban Development block grants) only to find the conflicting demands of the two federal bureaucracies nearly insurmountable.

In Louisiana, this bureaucratic nightmare has left the financing for roughly 20,000 projects in limbo, while generating 2.6 million documents and the attendant overhead costs. Recognizing the urgency of the situation, both the House and the Senate have passed versions of the cost-sharing waiver, but they are attached to the spending bill for Iraq, which President Bush has vowed to veto if it includes a deadline for a troop withdrawal. The administration also argues that Congress has already committed over $110 billion for Gulf Coast relief and reconstruction.

That is certainly a large sum. But so much money was spent on immediate needs, like housing victims in hotels, that only a relatively small share was left for rebuilding the shattered coastal areas across five states. The State of Louisiana estimates the gap between the devastation there and the federal and private payouts at $34 billion.

It is particularly unfortunate because New Orleans — where the failure of the federally built levee system led to the most damage and suffering — has finally come up with a limited, practicable rebuilding program that requires the waiver. Led by a respected disaster recovery expert, Edward Blakely, the $1.1 billion plan focuses on 17 areas for rebuilding, including the city’s historic centers, old markets and key traffic junctures.

The city says it will finance its plan mostly through a pair of bond issues and partly with federal funds. Even then it expects to come up $324 million short. New Orleans could get the money from the state — if the matching requirement were waived. Those state funds are currently waiting to be used to cover the 10 percent share of those 20,000 projects.

In a lofty speech soon after Katrina, Mr. Bush vowed that “we will do what it takes” to rebuild the damaged communities. He did not say, “Unless easily waived regulatory restrictions prohibit us.”

Phantom Winger
04-17-07, 09:08 PM
MSNBC staff and news service reports <br />
Updated: 8:05 p.m. ET Feb 13, 2006 <br />
&lt;SCRIPT language=javascript&gt; function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById(&quot;udtD&quot;); if(pdt != '' &amp;&amp; n...

Phantom Winger
04-17-07, 09:11 PM
By Sharon Cohen, Associated Press | April 2, 2007 <br />
NEW YORK -- An Illinois woman mourns her two young daughters, swept to their deaths in Hurricane Katrina's floodwaters. It's a horrifying story....

ErikHeiker
04-17-07, 10:06 PM
So what has the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana done? Don't expect the feds to always bail you out.

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 08:25 AM
&lt;TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width=&quot;100%&quot; align=center border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR title=&quot;Post 235337&quot; vAlign=top&gt;&lt;TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125&gt;Phantom Winger&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;TD...

OLE SARG
04-18-07, 08:36 AM
I would like to know WHERE THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS that have been put into this stinkhole WENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mayor there, naggin nagin, is about as dumb as they come - AND during the crisis he really showed his "dumbness"!!!!! What a prize AND THEN they reelect this piece of **** - probably because he is related thru evolution to that great rep for la, the one and only "90,000 dollar jefferson" - now there's a piece of scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 09:40 AM
I would like to know WHERE THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS that have been put into this stinkhole WENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mayor there, naggin nagin, is about as dumb as they come - AND during the crisis he really showed his "dumbness"!!!!! What a prize AND THEN they reelect this piece of **** - probably because he is related thru evolution to that great rep for la, the one and only "90,000 dollar jefferson" - now there's a piece of scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

I feel your frustration, but God forbid that our state and city officials would let us down after a disaster ! Does that justify anyone calling us a stink-hole and not helping their fellow American ? Isn't it unfair Louisiana citizens tax dollars along with ours are being poured into a bottomless pit in Iraq where 80% of the population is unappreciative ? Remember Katrina's effects were exacerbated by the Louisiana National guard not being home but in Iraq helping Bush.

Even the Mexican Army came across the boarder to help ! Also Cuba offered to send hundreds of doctors, but Bush told them not to bother although to this day there is still an acute shortage of doctors !

Now Americans are letting Bush break his promise to Louisianians !

Sad

drumcorpssnare
04-18-07, 10:28 AM
10thz- It's real easy to blame Pres. Bush. Everybody does it nowdays, for every reason under the sun. But here's a thought...

America has suffered hundreds and hundreds of natural disasters throughout it's 231 years. The overwhelming majority of these tragedies were "fixed" by the average citizens working together. They had to adapt and overcome. They set aside their differences, dug down deep, put their sorrow behind them, and did what had to be done.

Why should now be any different?
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 10:37 AM
10thz- It's real easy to blame Pres. Bush. Everybody does it nowdays, for every reason under the sun. But here's a thought...

America has suffered hundreds and hundreds of natural disasters throughout it's 231 years. The overwhelming majority of these tragedies were "fixed" by the average citizens working together. They had to adapt and overcome. They set aside their differences, dug down deep, put their sorrow behind them, and did what had to be done.

Why should now be any different?

Then WTF are we doing in Iraq ?

jetdawgg
04-18-07, 10:54 AM
What I get from this is that the last republican led congress was completely inept. The new democrat led congress has oversight. And the oversight is working. That is why we are now seeing these atrocities come to light.

Where it may not be all the fault of Mr. Bush, he is the elected president. He is still left over from the last congress hence he is to blame. Where was his oversight?

Good job, Brownie....:usmc:

drumcorpssnare
04-18-07, 11:06 AM
10thz- What does Iraq have to do with Katrina? Is it because we are involved in Iraq that Katrina hit the Gulf Coast? Did Katrina hit because Bush is President?

My reply was in reference to the victims of the hurricane, and THEIR need to quit snivelling, and just do "whatever it takes" to fix the problem.

Ya know, my health isn't quite what it was 20 yrs. ago. Too many smokes; not enough exercise. Can I blame Bush for that, too?

ggyoung
04-18-07, 11:30 AM
I wonder how much $$$$$$$$$$ the mayor and the chief of police have hidden in off sure banks. The two of them are now in "contemp of court" on them two a$$holes tacking guns away from the people of n. o.? They should be taken out and " tared and feathered"

yellowwing
04-18-07, 11:45 AM
At least part of the problem is a law that requires states to contribute 10 percent of the cost of most federally financed reconstruction projects. Mr. Bush waived that requirement after the Sept. 11 attacks (as his father did after Hurricanes Andrew and Iniki) but he refuses to do so for the Gulf Coast.
Estimated costs are going to be $100-300 BILLION, The region was flattened. The population scattered, a small fraction of tourist dollars.

How the hell are they expected to come up with the 10% down of $10-30 billion of their own? They are as broke as those promises. :mad:

003XXMarineDAD
04-18-07, 01:38 PM
They are as broke as those promises. :mad:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

The federal goverment very seldom keeps a promise. They promised aid for our ranchers here in Colorado after the blizzard we had this winter. Oh they promised alot but the bar was set so high the aid will never be coming to this state.
Another promise I probally will never see is Social Security and both parties are to blame for this.
:mad:
What did ever happen to hard work and pulling your own weight to make your life better without the feds "Famous saying we are here to help you"
OH BOY that is a line of B.S. if one has ever had to use the feds for help.
:D

drumcorpssnare
04-18-07, 01:49 PM
From a historical perspective, the only promise I'm aware of that the US Government made, that they kept....

...to the Native Americans, "We are going to take your land."

Any "promise" other than that, may as well be..."The check's in the mail."
"This will only hurt for a little bit." and my personal favorite..."I promise not to cum in your mouth."

fmoyer
04-18-07, 02:07 PM
To bad some of the people in here are not President as they seem to have all the answers. We all have our own problems and we need to take care of them on a local level, keep big govt. out of the picture so they can"t tell us what to do or how to live.

jetdawgg
04-18-07, 02:20 PM
To bad some of the people in here are not President as they seem to have all the answers. We all have our own problems and we need to take care of them on a local level, keep big govt. out of the picture so they can"t tell us what to do or how to live.

Mr. Bush continues to grow the gov't past big. It is now enormous and he still wants to add more. A War Czar? I thought that War Czar was his job.

Isn't he 'the decider'?

bootlace15
04-18-07, 02:36 PM
drumcorpssnare,LMFAO but your not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

drumcorpssnare
04-18-07, 02:49 PM
bootlace15- Remember the old recruiting poster, "We Never Promised You a Rose Garden"?

Well, that's me.:D

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 04:18 PM
10thz- What does Iraq have to do with Katrina? Is it because we are involved in Iraq that Katrina hit the Gulf Coast? Did Katrina hit because Bush is President?

My reply was in reference to the victims of the hurricane, and THEIR need to quit snivelling, and just do "whatever it takes" to fix the problem.

Ya know, my health isn't quite what it was 20 yrs. ago. Too many smokes; not enough exercise. Can I blame Bush for that, too?

drums, what does Iraq has to do with Katrina quoting you, "The overwhelming majority of these tragedies were "fixed" by the average citizens working together. They had to adapt and overcome. They set aside their differences, dug down deep, put their sorrow behind them, and did what had to be done."

Drums, I fail to see the disconnect between Louisianians and Iraqi's plight in light of your statement above.

Unless America's strategic interests are corporate now, externalizing, and Louisiana is some one else's problem.

My WW II Marine 2nd Cousin, Southern Illinois told me once during a Illinois disaster that they had the Governor down here. I said nothing, just smiled, then my cousin thought a bit about why I was smiling too, and then smiled too http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

My dad was a heavy smoker, I lost him when I was fourteen, he was thirty-nine. Sure, some of it was dads fault, but not all of it. Both I and my wife tried smoking when we were younger, in all sincerity between the two of us, I bet we didn't even smoke a pack in our entire life.

As I'm getting older I'm finding comfort in an old "Original People's" story about life:

A boy asked a wise old Chief once, "How long does a butterfly live?" The Chief replied, "Just long enough."

Think about it...

ggyoung
04-18-07, 04:29 PM
fmoyer+++ I agree with your last post. There are people here on this post would do a better job as pres. as the one we have is doing nothing that would be worthery of writing home about.

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 04:39 PM

Agreed, may I add if the Louisiana National Guard was not off helping Iraqi's that don't want our help (better off under Saddam), maybe the guard could of done some good at home when Katrina struck ?

Bush should stick to fishing when making PR appearances not making promises :D

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/f/bush_vacation_fishing.jpg (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbusheatcake.htm)

jgorosco
04-18-07, 07:08 PM
If I remember correctly this one democratic President stated "Ask not what your Country can do for you; but what you can do for your Country" Wasn't this Country built on hard work and tears. I might be wrong. Why should Americans get lazy and expect one person to be the cure all to end all? This Katrina thing is just an example of how laziness can bring down a Country. How about the katrina victims make a promise to America that New Orleans will come back a stronger, cleaner city with out depending on handouts.

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 08:29 PM
Again, since the problem is aggravated greatly by things that happen outside that state, it is a federal government responsibility. The other alternative would be for Louisiana to sue upriver states...

10thzodiac
04-18-07, 08:29 PM
Again, since the problem is aggravated greatly by things that happen outside that state, it is a federal government responsibility. The other alternative would be for Louisiana to sue upriver states...

davblay
04-19-07, 01:02 AM
What I get from this is that the last republican led congress was completely inept. The new democrat led congress has oversight. And the oversight is working. That is why we are now seeing these atrocities come to light.

Where it may not be all the fault of Mr. Bush, he is the elected president. He is still left over from the last congress hence he is to blame. Where was his oversight?

Good job, Brownie....:usmc:

DAWG-------you have a way with word man! Semper Fi

davblay
04-19-07, 01:08 AM
Agreed, may I add if the Louisiana National Guard was not off helping Iraqi's that don't want our help (better off under Saddam), maybe the guard could of done some good at home when Katrina struck ?

Bush should stick to fishing when making PR appearances not making promises :D

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/f/bush_vacation_fishing.jpg (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbusheatcake.htm)

Ya know the people of New Orleans doesn't deserve to have the likes of these two in thier fair city! It's a shame to even have them in this picture!
I guess history will be kind to these two, nothing else will!:mad:

OLE SARG
04-19-07, 11:13 AM
If New Orleans could get rid of the corruption infesting their local government (mayor dumbass nagin, their representative ms jefferson (crooked as an educated snake, etc.). Billions of dollars have been stolen by this crew of misfits!!!!!!! THAT NEEDS TO BE CORRECTED BEFORE THE REBUILDING CAN BE FINISHED!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Sgt Leprechaun
04-19-07, 02:27 PM
Yes, yes, the republicans were inept, stupid, greedy, fascist morons. Riiighhht....

And Karl Rove brewed up Katrina in the Pentagon basement, as a way to eliminate large numbers of black folks from New Orleans; when that didn't work, CIA and FEMA went in and blew the levees. Because, god knows, that land is so much more valuable as uninhabited swamp.

Note that we don't hear about all the great things the demo congress has done in their '100 days'? Why? Because they haven't done anything.

The NO gummint was jacked up from the get go. Does anyone read or research this stuff anymore, or just go by what the moveon.org website says? Geeeez.

yellowwing
04-19-07, 06:02 PM
Note that we don't hear about all the great things the demo congress has done in their '100 days'? Why? Because they haven't done anything.
That's FOX news take. Thanks Rupert! :banana:

HOLM
04-19-07, 06:25 PM
Hey I got an idea... Don't act so frign suprised when the city built under water gets flooded..

And then Blame it all on everyone else..

Come on.

But everyone knows that Bush was responsible for katirina.. I have the pictures to prove it..

http://www.ecoenquirer.com/Bush-jets-and-Katrina.jpg
http://http://www.ecoenquirer.com/Bush-jets-and-Katrina.jpg

(EXCLUSIVE - Washington, D.C.) Photographic evidence leaked to ecoEnquirer shows what are claimed to be Texas Air National Guard jets flying in formation in and around the eyewall of Hurricane Katrina twenty-four hours before it devastated New Orleans.

The photograph was e-mailed to us by a National Security Agency employee who provided the information on condition of anonymity. The employee's e-mail contained a claim that one of the nation's spy satellites was tasked to the Gulf region to help monitor and guide a squadron of Texas Air National Guard jets that were used to influence the movement and intensity of the hurricane.

The employee said that, while NSA workers were not told the specific reason for the operation, code-named 'Windfall Profits', "we're pretty good at putting two and two together. The theory circulating here within the NSA is that the Bush Administration saw an opportunity to disrupt petroleum supplies by damaging oil rigs and coastal oil refineries. Such disruption would reduce supply, leading to a sharp increase in gas prices, and thus to increased profits by oil companies."

EcoEnquirer showed the evidence to Shell Vice-President for Petroleum Production, Adam Smith, who disputed the claim, telling us "..give me a break! Hurricanes contain far more energy than we could ever influence, even with nuclear weapons, let alone with a few little jets! Besides, this photo looks like it has been doctored...and it doesn't even look like a very good job."

(UPDATE): ecoEnquirer has now traced the e-mail containing the NSA employee's claim to a local D.C. environmental lobbying firm, Nature's Defense Fund. Upon being pressed about the validity of the evidence, an unnamed representative of the firm said they had received the photo anonymously in the mail, and not from the NSA. The representative nevertheless defended their motivation for adding the fictitious NSA details, stating, "The validity of any particular piece of evidence doesn't matter anyway. What matters is that the Bush Administration still needs to explain why their buddies in the oil industry should be allowed to receive such obscene levels of profits after Hurricane Katrina."

003XXMarineDAD
04-19-07, 06:26 PM
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/dparris/DSC00160.jpg

:D

HOLM
04-19-07, 06:31 PM
That guy is wrong.. They have been doing it since way before that. They oppsed the civil war for God's sakes...

And i know he was an army guy... But why would Patton have to open a speech up like this in the early summer of 1944? HUH

"Men, this stuff that some sources sling around about America wanting out of this war, not wanting to fight, is a crock of bull****

Yeah I bet I know who they were....

OLE SARG
04-19-07, 07:40 PM
Oversight + democrats ====== o, nata, zilh, nothing, etc.

SEMPER FI,

Sgt Leprechaun
04-21-07, 06:31 AM
"Resolved, that this convention does explicitly declare, as the sense of the American people, that after four years of failure to restore the Union by the experiment of war, during which, under the pretence of military necessity, or war power higher than the Constitution, the Constitution itself has been disregarded in every part, and public liberty and private right alike trodden down, and the material prosperity of the country essentially impaired, justice, humanity, liberty, and the public welfare demand that immediate efforts be made for a cessation of hostilities, with a view to an ultimate convention of the States or other peaceable means, to the end that at the earliest practicable moment peace may be restored on the basis of the federal Union of the States."--1864 Democratic platform (http://www.sonofthesouth.net/union-generals/mcclellan/democratic-platform-1864.htm)

"I believe . . . that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week."--Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070419174958.d2ni8f1d&show_article=1), April 19, 2007

The defense rests....:)

bootlace15
04-21-07, 07:49 AM
As Mrs Hillarious has stated,When I become President If the war has not ended,I WILL END IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I voted for it before I voted against it,before I voted I was against it now I'm for it, I'm for it,I'm against it.I'm against it,I'm for it. It needs to be fought,It does"t need to be fought. Its political,its not political. Its about oil,its not about oil.

Whose getting dizzy? VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT IN 08 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

ggyoung
04-22-07, 11:48 AM
bootlace15+++++You can't vote all the bums out in 08. You can only vote half of the bums out in one election. Remember these bums made the laws that way.

YLDNDN6
04-22-07, 12:06 PM
And let's be honest with ourselves, we'll only be voting a fresh bunch of bums in...

OLE SARG
04-22-07, 05:58 PM
mr harry reid needs to get back to his rest-home - he (reid) is a ****ing crook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pelosi is a ****ing crook and a traitor (her and ms kerry would make a nice couple - Laurel and Hardy).
You are right YLDNDN6, politicians are nothing but a bunch of self-serving *******s!!!!!!! The people that voted their fatasses in are always on their backroll when it comes to getting **** done. The money and favors section always get priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-22-07, 08:30 PM
And let's be honest with ourselves, we'll only be voting a fresh bunch of bums in...

Maybe the only antidote short of revolution to get their attention would be regardless of party voting them all out of office each election ? At least we would stop them from stealing anymore after they learn how the first time around !

I think the concept could possibly even throw a monkey-wrench into how and how much PAC money will determine who gets elected ? That is assuming politicians are human and crave power (two-terms) over who's giving them money.

VOTE ALL THE BUMS OUT EACH ELECTION, THEIR PARTY TOO, REGARDLESS !

IF WE WANT TO KID OURSELVES THAT THERE IS A REALLY A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS WHEN BOTH ARE BEHOLDING TO THE SAME BANKERS WE DESERVE TO BE POORLY GOVERNED.

People get what they deserve

greensideout
04-22-07, 09:03 PM
IF WE WANT TO KID OURSELVES THAT THERE IS A REALLY A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS WHEN BOTH ARE BEHOLDING TO THE SAME BANKERS WE DESERVE TO BE POORLY GOVERNED.

...........and poorly governed we will be as many uphold the party of their delusion.

yellowwing
04-23-07, 02:22 AM
What's a mystery to me is the campaign promises on "tax cuts for the middle class and making the rich pay more." Then its the rich making these big campaign contributions. Is it like an inside joke between them?

10thzodiac
04-23-07, 07:56 AM
What's a mystery to me is the campaign promises on "tax cuts for the middle class and making the rich pay more." Then its the rich making these big campaign contributions. Is it like an inside joke between them?

It's called, "The Infinite Wisdom of the American People".

Loosely translated : "Stupid is, as stupid does !" --Forrest Gump

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=454 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0109830/1-1.jpg (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0109830/1-4.jpg.html?path=gallery&path_key=0109830&seq=2)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HOLM
04-23-07, 09:09 AM
Either way I will continue to vote for the rich guys that claim to be for the rich guys..

The rich guys that claim to be for the poor folks ... well... YEAH RIGHT...

And look who the top three are

1. Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.)
$750 million
Kerry's net worth may not be dropping, but his wife's rank on the Forbes list of the 400 richest Americans has.
The 2004 Democratic presidential nominee's wife, Teresa Heinz Kerry, no longer makes the long-running Forbes list. It took a minimum net worth of $900 million to qualify for that honor last year; Kerry was No. 391 on 2004's Forbes list with $750 million.

Since lawmakers are required to report only a broad range on assets on the annual disclosure forum, this is an extremely vague account of Kerry's fortune. For instance, Kerry marked the "over $1,000,000" box 128 times on his disclosure report and thus avoided declaring an even more impressive bottom line

2. Sen. Herb Kohl (D-Wis.)
$243.15 million
As the Milwaukee Bucks basketball franchise continues to increase in value, so does the worth of the team's sole owner, Kohl. The franchise increased in value by 33 percent last year and is now worth at least $231 million, according to Forbes, bumping the Wisconsin Democrat to the No. 2 spot on this year's rankings.
Since the Senator does not list the entire value of the team on his annual disclosure report, Roll Call has added to that figure the rest of his reported assets and deducted his liabilities. Kohl's Congressional report disclosed a net worth of $12.15 million.

3. Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)
$200 million
Even though Corzine is no longer included in the annual rankings, Rockefeller - a man whose name is virtually synonymous with wealth - wasn't able to move up from his No. 3 position.
There haven't been any recent public estimates about the wealth of the Rockefeller family, but in 2002, Forbes valued the family's fortune at $8.5 billion. They also reported that the Rockefeller "dynasty" includes more than 200 members.
In his financial disclosure this year, the Senator reported a net worth of $78.15 million; however, Roll Call is using the $200 million estimate from the 2002 Forbes list of America's richest politicians, which incorporates a more accurate estimate of his personal portfolio.

And the best part about that is that all three of them lie about how much money that they really have....

Phantom Blooper
04-23-07, 09:29 AM
Ant and Grasshopper

OLD VERSION*: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer
long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and
plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no
food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!
*MODERN VERSION:* The ant works hard in the withering heat all
summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the
winter. The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and
dances and plays the summer away.
Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and
demands to know why the ant should be warm and well fed while
others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the
shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable
home with a table filled with food. America's stunned by the sharp
contrast.

How can this be, that! in a country of such wealth, this poor
grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?
Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and
everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house
where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall
overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for
the grasshopper's sake.
Nancy Pelosi &John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Larry King
that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and
both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his
fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper
Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined
for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and,
having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is
confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a
defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a
panel of federal judges that Bill Clinton appointed from a list of
single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits
of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just
happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he
doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow. The
grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house,
now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the
once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote

OLE SARG
04-24-07, 08:31 AM
You'd think that ms kerry, with all his worth, could afford a face-lift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He still is one ugly mother****er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND a do-nothing politician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,