PDA

View Full Version : Marine granted immunity in Iraq killings

marinemom
04-17-07, 04:00 PM
Marine granted immunity in Iraq killings <br />
Corps says Marine will testify in the case <br />
<br />
LOS ANGELES - The Marines Corps said Tuesday it had dropped all charges against a sergeant in exchange for his...

ssgtt32
04-17-07, 09:15 PM
Now that his charges have been dismissed and he is required to testify, all he has to say is he has no recolection of the events that they are talking about and if that doesn't work, plead the 5th!...

Dave Coup
04-17-07, 09:49 PM
I don't think it works that way in the Corps or any other military Courts Martial. This guy had to say something they wanted to hear prior to the deal being struck and they're not going to let him off the hook with the old 'no reccollection or 5th Amendment trick.

SF Dave

ssgtt32
04-17-07, 10:43 PM
But now that the charges have been dismissed, what can they do to him? If he keeps his mouth shut! Do not get me wrong, if these Marines did do something wrong and thats a big IF as I do not have...

testforecho2112
04-17-07, 11:20 PM
The charges havent been offically dismissed, its provisional based upon his testimony. If he deviates from what he has already promised to testify about, he'll face the full charges...

marinegreen
04-17-07, 11:37 PM
Man you got that right, kinda like the media saying how awesome OBAMA is and how great he is,they summed that all up in the 2 yrs he served in the senate ?? The media is trying to controll the...

Dave Coup
04-18-07, 12:55 AM
testforecho said what I was going to say re. charges. I agree wholeheartedly re the scumbag media. They are to war what handcuffs are to boxing. <br />
<br />
SF Dave

davblay
04-18-07, 01:25 AM
Dispite the Government trying not to get into another Viet Nam, it's happening, politically! This is a war for the political people. not our troops on the sand! Let them fight and finish the war!

killerinstinct
04-18-07, 08:40 AM
he cant plea the 5th since he has immunity and it will not force him to testify against himself... <br />
<br />
On the other hand he can do what our wonderful Presidents do and say one thing, he cant...

Devildogg4ever
04-18-07, 09:27 AM
I'm sure part of the agreement was if he didn't testify, then the deal was null and void!!

jetdawgg
04-18-07, 11:08 AM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/foxwash_dees.jpg

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u17/jetdawgg/bush_sheep.jpg

jinelson
04-18-07, 11:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/4de426q.jpg

The secular progressive commie liberals direct link to Al Jazeera in America!

Jim

jetdawgg
04-18-07, 11:21 AM
With reporters like Christiane Anamanpour and Glenn Beck, I can't consider CNN liberal at all.

If anything, they are just not as extreme as the FOX Noise Channel. Since that is the case I can see how you may view them as 'liberal'. The reality of their content and reporters state otherwise.

drumcorpssnare
04-18-07, 12:45 PM
Makes me wonder if the Roman Legions, the Vikings, or the Mongol horde of Ghengis Khan ever had to worry about "immunity"???

Are we fighting a war, or playing a silly-a$$ed politically correct "game"? All of our forces should have a blanket immunity to prosecution. Civilians die in wars! Get over it!:evilgrin:
drumcorpssnare:usmc: