PDA

View Full Version : eye problem

JordanB
04-17-07, 02:35 PM
I didnt find out until I took my medical last weekend that appearently my left eye is 20/20, but my right eye is 20/30. I can see out of them both fine, and have a feeling that my eyes were just tired for the exam as they woke us up at 4:15 and the eye exam was one of the first ones we took. My question is this, do I HAVE to wear glasses at Parris Island, or if so, will I at least get a chance to take they eye exam again?

davblay
04-17-07, 04:55 PM
20/30 is not disqualifying! Unless you are going to be a pilot! Most eye doctors won't even suggest glasses for that!

JordanB
04-17-07, 05:02 PM
problem is that though my contract is for the reserves, once I get my BA I want to switch to active duty, OCS, and then switch my mos to aviation. If that dosent pan out then I was also interested in recon, I got a gt score of 112 and a 1st class on the physical. Glasses are a problem for both, and I really dont feel like I need em.

davblay
04-17-07, 05:10 PM
It sounds like you have already talked to your recruiter sooooo-------well it's time you make a decision concerning your enlistment! You have to decide the path you want to take for your future, yourself! No one can make that decision for you. If oyu haven't talked to your recruiter, then do so then decide what to do from there! Sorry man, but 20/300 ain't bad enough in Tennesse for you to have to wear glasses while driving a car. But again, weigh all your options and make a concentrated decision from there!

ORRRRRRR, pay for a private exam from an independant eye doctor and take that to your recruiter and see what he says then!

JordanB
04-17-07, 05:14 PM
Thats a good idea, in a few weeks exams will be over and I wont be spending as much time stareing at my laptop writeing essays, thanks!

davblay
04-17-07, 05:22 PM
Thats a good idea, in a few weeks exams will be over and I wont be spending as much time stareing at my laptop writeing essays, thanks!

I'd be curious to read some of your work, if you can't spell any better than this!:evilgrin:

Motorola07
04-17-07, 06:54 PM
ORRRRRRR, pay for a private exam from an independant eye doctor and take that to your recruiter and see what he says then! - Davblay

What my recuiter did with me before we went to MEPS, that way I could skip that part there. Was a 15$ exam I believe.