PDA

View Full Version : Best deployment you had

killerinstinct
04-17-07, 09:02 AM
Alright, I cant single one fun thing but i can add one. I think it was when we all went to the Banyan tree on kadena and my SSgt tried to hit on this airforce chick she turned him down he told her shesa ***** and it started from there a dude threw a punch and we ended up fighting outside and getting on restriction the whole shop for 30 days. But after we all got off we edned up drinking off base and watchign the bana show where we got the PFC ****faced to eat one of the pieces of banana HAHAHA.. I got pictures somewhere in storage of that one. thats what i can think of so far as the funniest or most interesting in the first month of pac.

10thzodiac
04-17-07, 10:22 AM
Ironically it was a front row seat for WW III, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, "Cuban Missile Crisis."

My Artillery Battery dug in right behind Mainside next to the beach. After eminent hostilities died down, it turned into a Caribbean vacation camping trip.

I spent weeks on end, all day with my fellow Marines enjoying our own private ocean cove. We were able to purchase snorkeling equipment in Mainside and did allot of spear fishing.

Aside from what could of happened, it was the best time I had in the Corps.

No girls until Panama :D

jetdawgg
04-17-07, 05:16 PM
A deployment with the 2nd Fleet in '82. We stopped throughout the Carib.

PR and St Thomas were so good I can't post the events:D . I can only say that the 0100 LST was packed everynight and full of drunks and smelled like eh "fish cakes"

After the leisure though we went to the South Atlantic to assist the Brits in the Falklands.

We never had to do anything as they cleaned up the Args early and often. The Iron Lady was proud. :usmc:

semperfi170
04-17-07, 06:10 PM
Best Deployment: everytime we left Iwakuni or Okinawa and deployed to Cubi PT.:banana: Nothing beats a cold San Miquel:beer: and a hot LBFM at a price that made the $ go along way between paydays. Heck, I had money in the bank. :)

crate78
04-17-07, 06:23 PM
Best deployment I had was 8 months TAD to an Army base outside of Albuquerque, NM. (The base no longer exists. I checked it out a few years ago.)

Albquerque was about half as big then as it is now, and was pretty much a desert oasis party town with a respectable female/male ratio. On the base there was good chow, private rooms for SNCO's, plus we got to harass the doggies 24/7. And harass them we did! (In all fairness, we did make some good friends among them.) And if we tired of harassing doggies, we could always go to Kirtland AFB next door and have some fun with the Zoomies.

It didn't get much better than that.

crate

MacAngus
04-17-07, 07:41 PM
Definently okinawa camp schwab. I had my 21st birthday there and drank guinness for free every weekend.The guinness at the time was $8.50 a pint but I played my bagpipes at a place called paddy mac's every weekend and the crazy irishman gave us free beers.

marinegreen
04-17-07, 08:01 PM
Best Deployment: everytime we left Iwakuni or Okinawa and deployed to Cubi PT.:banana: Nothing beats a cold San Miquel:beer: and a hot LBFM at a price that made the $ go along way between paydays. Heck, I had money in the bank. :)

Camp Schwab, then off on a med float onboard the "FLAG SHIP!" the USS ALAMO, and 13 glorious weeks in the PI. Ok who's got the vitamin E,need to replenish the scrotem supply, har ! har !

MG

Zulu 36
04-17-07, 08:18 PM
Marines: TAD to Okinawa twice (Naha and Fuetema). I really enjoyed Oki.

Air Guard: Gioia del Colle, Italy (twice). The vino was the besto!

crate78
04-17-07, 09:43 PM
I was TAD to the AFB at Naha for a couple of weeks, once. Mostly was too busy and too broke to do much liberty. We left Atsugi a couple of days before payday and had no way to get paid.

The one thing I remember is another SSgt, a GySgt, and I tried to have a few beers one evening. The NCO Club wouldn't let us in because we weren't members and the E-Club wouldn't let us in because we were NCO's. We finally found a snack bar down on the flight line that sold beer.

One other thing. When we arrived originally and got off the plane, a MSgt and WWII vet looked around and commented, "The first time I saw this f***** place was over the bow of an LST".

crate

Dave Coup
04-17-07, 09:58 PM
It wasn't TAD but a 5 day R&R in Tapie, Taiwan in 1969 was pretty cool. If I had gone a week later I"d have gotten 'stuck' for another 4 days for a Typhoon.
SF
Dave

ErikHeiker
04-17-07, 10:04 PM
I got to go out to the field at 29 Plams once. Not much of a trip. However, the Air Guard has provided me with some pretty memorable trips. Once I was on a special mission. First stop was the big island of Hawaii, where we spent three nights at the Kona Hilton. On our day off I went snorkling off where Capt Cook was killed. Then we went to Pago Pago, American Somoa for a night at the Rainmaker Hotel, where my room was 20 ft from the ocean. On to Christchurch NZ, where we had another day off and toured the local area. Next stop was Canberra, Australia where we grilled our own steaks with the locals. Next was Hobart, Tasmania, which is more English than England. After that it was up to Townsville, Queensland and a great dinner at the Hog's Breath Saloon. On my day off there I went scuba diving out at the Great Barrier Reef. After that, it was RONs at Kwaj and Midway and on home.

Air Guard TDYs are great because you go to lots of neat places and you always have your own room...even when we were in Africa. The Marine Corps was a great place to start my military career, but I sure had a lot of good trips with the Guard.

marinegreen
04-17-07, 10:35 PM
Camp Schwab, then off on a med float onboard the "FLAG SHIP!" the USS ALAMO, and 13 glorious weeks in the PI. Ok who's got the vitamin E,need to replenish the scrotem supply, har ! har !

MG

Oooopppsss I done screwed up peeps,I meant the wes-pac but the med was awesome also, flagship on the float also onboard the USS IWO JIMA IN 78,Had mostly liberty ports.:D

MG