PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Dress Blues?

Dan629
04-16-07, 06:50 PM
How much do they cost? And does everyone still wear them during graduation?

jackson07
04-16-07, 07:10 PM
They are going to be issued to all new recruits starting this summer. I got mine in bootcamp and ended up paying around $350 for everything you need for the whole uniform. Since they are going to be issued I assume that is what recruits will graduate in then. Right now you graduate in the appropriate Service uniform.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 07:51 PM
I hope they don't do that. The DI cover looks stupid with blues. And, it takes away part of the special treatment for the honor grads.

By the time you buy the blouse, brass, belt, buckle, gloves, and have medals mounted (once you have more than just the National Defense) it isn't cheap. You also can't leave out the three months of hell you have to go through to just be able to buy them.

ssgtt32
04-16-07, 09:35 PM
:scared: cost me 70 dollars to have my medals mounted the last time, because of all the attachments!:)

davblay
04-16-07, 11:48 PM
They are going to be issued to all new recruits starting this summer. I got mine in bootcamp and ended up paying around $350 for everything you need for the whole uniform. Since they are going to be issued I assume that is what recruits will graduate in then. Right now you graduate in the appropriate Service uniform.
If ACCORD reads this, give this PVT the correct answer, will ya?