PDA

View Full Version : Attention On Deck Leatherneck.com going down

Shaffer
02-27-03, 03:04 PM
On Friday Feb. 28th at approximately 5 PM EST Leatherneck.com will be taken off the internet. We are upgrading to new and faster servers with the same company and will be transferring the data. Our DNS settings will also change and will take up to 72 hours to migrate fully. That means between Friday and Monday Leatherneck.com will be fading in and out. It should be fully functional and live no later than Monday, maybe sooner. For those of you who need your fix or need to chat, I invite you over to our partner site Patriotfiles.com.

Any comments, questions or concerns can be directed to me via email until 5PM tomorrow. Have a great weekend and be safe.

Semper Fi,
Jerry

thedrifter
02-27-03, 03:09 PM
Does that mean you are finally giving me a vacation....:D

Sempers.

Roger

Barndog
02-27-03, 03:30 PM
Rog,

No paycheck tho, just like the Corps.

Or, should I say, the 'joke paycheck' anyways. Almost resembles a paycheck... LOL

Semper Fidelis

Barndog

wrbones
02-27-03, 03:50 PM
Cool. A day off.

thedrifter
02-27-03, 04:01 PM
Barndog, I keep hearing from Jerry Check is in the mail......LMAO
Just like my pay raise........LOL.......

Sempers,

Roger

Shaffer
02-27-03, 04:05 PM
Well I have been giving it some thought and realized that I cannot give Bones and Roger a day off because they did not submit the proper paperwork...Therefore if anyone has problems or questions this weekend, you can email them :D

LMAO!

Semper Fi,
Jerry

thedrifter
02-27-03, 04:12 PM
Figures, we submit the proper paperwork and for some reason it gets lost.......LOL........Sounds just like the good old days......
Bones told me he still wants his day off.....LOL

Sempers,

Roger:banana: :banana: :banana:

Sparrowhawk
02-27-03, 04:56 PM
Can we add a few new moderators?

Like maybe a few female redheads?

LOL

Sgt Sostand
02-27-03, 05:13 PM
will we need to re register when it go back on line can some one answere that question.

Shaffer
02-27-03, 05:18 PM
Sgt,

No you will not need to re-register. The data will be stored and uploaded to the new server. It will be business as usual once it comes back online.

Hawk - Do you know any red heads that are qualified? Or are you just looking for someone else to include in your calendar? BTW I sent you an email. Do you ever read those or your PM's?

Bones & Roger - You can alternate firewatch :D Either that or find one of the sick, lame or lazies :D Speaking of which, if you see CAS tell her to email me :D LMAO!

Semper Fi,
Jerry

thedrifter
02-27-03, 05:24 PM
No......We will keep all the info......except for a few bumps and

burises.....We should be just fine......

Jerry.....you need to put in the subject line Redheads....that usually gets his attention......LOL....

I don't know if we can trust Cas with firewatch.....I heard she now hits trees......LOL......

Sempers,

Roger

SHOOTER1
02-27-03, 10:39 PM
Trees are her friends, and I think I know a redhead that would qualify (Top) and Roger, there are no free lunches, no rest for the wicked,so dont think just because the site is down you git to rest, we will think of something, so hurry up and wait.

thedrifter
02-27-03, 10:45 PM
Jerry did that already.Shooter.....LOL......

Don't talk to loud......Cook is always looking for the redheads....LOL

The ones I have to look out for is Bones and Cook......;)

Sempers,

Roger

SHOOTER1
02-27-03, 10:53 PM
Ha and you cant even go to the Slop Chute, It will be closed, Holy Cow Batman did I just say the slop chute will be closed, Roger you git to take care of Chesty till it opens, stock plunty of BEER, and you have to come up with more chuckles of the day, that ought to hold ya.

wrbones
02-27-03, 11:01 PM
Maybe I can take a nap when the site goes down......

Rock
02-27-03, 11:10 PM
Not likely Bones...some one will find some work for you to do...:)

marinemom
02-28-03, 05:52 AM
Er, Bones - no nap - more snow here. Where's your shovel?

Art Petersn
02-28-03, 06:00 AM
Everbody is going to be missed. I'll have to make my own coffee. I don't know about starting the day without Boes's wisdom the first thing in the morning. Maybe I'll lhave to go back to taking the dog for a walk the first thing in the morning.