PDA

View Full Version : LCPL out of boot

coplepk04
04-16-07, 07:35 AM
I have guaranteed PFC in my contract.

To get Lance when I graduate, do I need to do the same things Recruits are doing to try and get PFC, or do I need to be that much faster/stronger/smarter because of the increased rank?

92-Day Reservist, Future Officer Candidate

bigdog43701
04-16-07, 08:25 AM
bust your a$$

ZSKI
04-16-07, 08:46 AM
Become the company iron man, and do the best on the rifle range. The only one that got lance out of boot was our company honor grad.

davblay
04-16-07, 09:22 AM
Become the company iron man, and do the best on the rifle range. The only one that got lance out of boot was our company honor grad.

Do they still have the IRON MIKE award?

davblay
04-16-07, 09:30 AM
Parris Island, South Carolina

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Ironmike2.jpg/80px-Ironmike2.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ironmike2.jpg) http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ironmike2.jpg)
Parris Island's Iron Mike

Parris Island's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Corps_Recruit_Depot_Parris_Island) Iron Mike is depicted carrying a Vickers machine gun (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_machine_gun) over his right shoulder and an M1911 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911_Colt_pistol) pistol in his raised left hand, created as a memorial to all of the Parris Island graduates who were killed during WWI.
The statue itself is approximately life-sized, standing about eight feet high from the heel of his boot to the muzzle of his pistol, and is mounted on a five-foot granite base. It was sculpted from solid bronze by Robert Ingersoll Aitken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Ingersoll_Aitken), the same sculptor who created the pediment on the United States Supreme Court building. Officially entitled Monument to U.S. Marines, this Iron Mike was dedicated in 1924 in a ceremony presided over by Commandant John A. Lejeune (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_A._Lejeune). Due to changes and construction around Parris Island, Iron Mike was relocated in 1941 and it now stands in front of the Parris Island museum. <sup id="_ref-4" class="reference">[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Mike#_note-4)</sup>
The bronze plaque, mounted on the base, reads: "In memory of the men of Parris Island who gave their lives in the World War, erected by their comrades."<sup id="_ref-5" class="reference">[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Mike#_note-5)
</sup>
<sup id="_ref-5" class="reference">---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any of you guys ever see this? Ooo-rah :thumbup:
</sup>

coplepk04
04-16-07, 02:51 PM
Very motivating Sirs.

I have never picked up a rifle before except for a .22 once, and I have only ever fired 12- and 20-gauge shotguns. I have heard those with little to no firearms experience tend to do better on the rifle range, so I am fairly confident of my changes in that aspect.

Iron Man is a 300 PFT, correct? What is the difference between the Iron Man and Iron Mike award(s)?

Thank you,

Poolee Copley

davblay
04-16-07, 02:54 PM
Iron Man is a 300 PFT, correct? What is the difference between the Iron Man and Iron Mike award(s)?

I guess there is no difference! They must have changed the award or I was wrong, It does happen you know! ;)

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 04:37 PM
I am pretty sure the one and only way to make that happen is to be company honor man, to get that you have to be platoon honorman first- you have a big hill to climb.

jackson07
04-16-07, 04:46 PM
Yup you have to be Company Honor Man which requires you to be platoon honor man, and series honor man.

jetztodernie
04-16-07, 06:23 PM
So ~70 recruits in each platoon x 2 platoons per series x 2 series per company = 280

Is that right?

jackson07
04-16-07, 07:08 PM
No.

3 platoons per series. 2 series per company. So about 420 recruits or so. My company graduated with 392 new Marines.

SgtHMH
04-16-07, 07:47 PM
You have to fire Expert on the Range, 300 PFT, Highest Swim Qual, Score High on the prac test if they still have it. Do good on inspections. Be the Guide or a Squad leader. Also with all this they...

thumper
04-16-07, 09:00 PM
It's been a few years, but you signed on the dotted line and they guarantee you PFC at graduation from basic before you even enter the front gate? :p Are there any special requirements or qualifications you must attain to receive your stripe?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 09:21 PM
Thumper, you can get it for doing things like JROTC, Young Marines, Recruiting 2 new poolees, having 15 hours of college, being an Eagle Scout I believe- and I am sure some other things along the same lines.

thumper
04-16-07, 09:51 PM
Echo, thanks for the feedback. Seems I've lost touch with reality. I can see the JROTC or a recruit graduating from a military academy receiving special consideration, but recruiting or 15 hours of college or even the Eagle Scout generate little leadership abilities. It makes me shiver to think that a boot Marine who picks up rank because of a contract not ability may be leading other Marines into combat with only the credentials of being an Eagle Scout. Sorry, but something is not right with this deal. Granted, I met a few officers in my time that wouldn't make a pimple on a good Marine's ass, but to guarantee promotion just for signing up is ludicrous.

Soon2BeVIP
04-16-07, 09:54 PM
I don't think 2 referrals should be worth a promotion, but I'll definitely take it. The college credits one even seems dumber. I do understand the JROTC and Young Marines and even Eagle Scouts I understand. Is there a rough percentage of how many people go to boot camp already going to be PFC or is that always fluctuating

davblay
04-16-07, 11:07 PM
I don't think 2 referrals should be worth a promotion, but I'll definitely take it. The college credits one even seems dumber. I do understand the JROTC and Young Marines and even Eagle Scouts I understand. Is there a rough percentage of how many people go to boot camp already going to be PFC or is that always fluctuating

While the Marine Corps is the finest organization in the world, sometimes they have a brain F**t and come up with these silly recruiting promotions. But what you have to remember is this, the Marine Corps trains leaders as well as killers! The E-3's and below are the most inportant of all members! They are our INDIANS, if you will, but they are expendable! That is there are thousands of them, sooooo------ to get ahead in the Corps you have to show your superiors that you pack what it takes to succeed in my beloved Corps! The fact that some Recruites are promoted to E-3 is fact, but time tells how many are Lance Corporals! GOD giveth, and the Marine Corps taketh away! There is a reason they call most enlisted men's clubs "CORRAL", ya know? That's a funny thing about stripes, they can be cut off as well as being sewn on! MAKE SENSE?

nsfdmedic
04-17-07, 05:28 AM
Lance,Lance there is no such rank in the Marine Corps. I was a Lance Corporal for a long time. just like there is no rank of sarg, corp, L-t. this is the Marine Corps not the dirt bag army for God sakes.

ZSKI
04-17-07, 01:26 PM
Very motivating Sirs.

I have never picked up a rifle before except for a .22 once, and I have only ever fired 12- and 20-gauge shotguns. I have heard those with little to no firearms experience tend to do better on the rifle range, so I am fairly confident of my changes in that aspect.

Thank you,

Poolee Copley When you are doing your PFT you say to the DI's your going for Iron man. Though your official score maxes out your score for the Iron Man doesn't. Our Iron Man did, 30 pull ups, 150 something crunches, and ran a 16:50

jetztodernie
04-17-07, 07:10 PM
Would an 19:00, 25-27 pullups, and 130-140 crunches (360ish total) be considered "good" for a potential IronMan Award? I can get that score right now and I'd imagine that'd only go up at boot camp.

SkilletsUSMC
04-17-07, 07:17 PM
Echo, thanks for the feedback. Seems I've lost touch with reality. I can see the JROTC or a recruit graduating from a military academy receiving special consideration, but recruiting or 15 hours of college or even the Eagle Scout generate little leadership abilities. It makes me shiver to think that a boot Marine who picks up rank because of a contract not ability may be leading other Marines into combat with only the credentials of being an Eagle Scout. Sorry, but something is not right with this deal. Granted, I met a few officers in my time that wouldn't make a pimple on a good Marine's ass, but to guarantee promotion just for signing up is ludicrous.

+1,000,000:thumbup:

SkilletsUSMC
04-17-07, 07:26 PM
Would an 19:00, 25-27 pullups, and 130-140 crunches (360ish total) be considered "good" for a potential IronMan Award? I can get that score right now and I'd imagine that'd only go up at boot camp.

Youll get it only if you really rate it. Just focus on the title. You may not even make it through boot. One of our biggest turds was a PT stud. Dont count your chicks yet.

Think of this... Lance CORPORAL is a Marine who is getting ready to pick up Corporal. When you get to the fleet, there will be Marines who have just gotten back from Iraq who are still LCPLs and running a Squad! Its not a pay grade, its a rank. and you had better be DAMN good to get that much rank for graduating bootcamp like every other recruit.

Integrity57
04-17-07, 07:53 PM
One of my best friends, PFC. Benavidez, came back from Boot on RA and was told by the Recruiters at his RSS that if he got people to write down some info on a piece of paper it would help him pick up rank. I think the entire 10 days he was back home after Boot he got maybe 2 or 3 signatures or what not. But he still made PFC after being in six monthes regardless, so if you've got college credits, you're an eagle scout, or whatever, I don't think you should really worry about whether or not you're going to make rank, it'll happen anyway from what I gather. It's like skillets and thumper said, you need to be worrying about your ability to lead if you're going to try to take on the rank.

davblay
04-17-07, 10:19 PM
Like I said!!

GOD giveth, and the Marine Corps taketh away! That's a funny thing about stripes, they can be cut off as well as being sewn on! MAKE SENSE?

Integrity57
04-17-07, 11:26 PM
lol that defintely makes sense sir

ZSKI
04-18-07, 04:29 AM
Would an 19:00, 25-27 pullups, and 130-140 crunches (360ish total) be considered "good" for a potential IronMan Award? I can get that score right now and I'd imagine that'd only go up at boot camp. Your run will go down, and do extra PT with the squad bay weights. Its possible. But remember you have to beat everyone in the company. So don't expect it.

Old Marine
04-18-07, 08:57 AM
All recruits who join are Pvts and should not be promoted to PFC upon graduating from Boot Camp. At that time you have only been in the Corps for 13 weeks and have done nothing to be promoted to PFC. You don't even have a MOS upon graduation, so how can you be proficient in your MOS and rate a promotion to PFC.

In the early 60's I trained a Pvt who became a GySgt upon graduation because he was needed in the NAM to run some radar tower that he had helped assemble in the states. This was a special promotion and this guy was proficient in his job.

davblay
04-18-07, 10:52 AM
I think I heard of him, didn't the Corps have to create a pay grade for him? Wasn't the same pay as a 2nd Lt, or something like that?

Yep I heard there was a Gunny, under 4 years----sure did! Thought it was RUMOR til now! Thanks, Semper Fi.

USMCJohnson
04-19-07, 03:58 PM
I'm one of the one's who got "promoted" before I even got to boot because I'm in JROTC now. So let me see if I got this right, you have to become Company Honor Grad to pick up Lance Corpral. But to become Company Honor Grad you have to be the series Honor Grad. And to make Series Honor Grad you have to make Platoon Honor Grad. Which means you have to be iorn man/woman. Score the hightest on rifle and swim quals, as well as show leadership ablities such as helping out your other platoon members. Right?

Motorola07
04-19-07, 05:20 PM
Why is everyone so worried about ranks right now... You need to worry about being in shape and knowing some knowledge before you get there. And even when you are there don't worry about ranks. Worry about whats going to happen the next day.

Old Marine
04-19-07, 05:41 PM
The tower was located on Marble Mountain if I remember correctly. This guy knew all about the radar and could run it with his eyes closed. I do not remember what happened to the guy who was in...

davblay
04-19-07, 09:13 PM
Yep, I saw that tower every day! Home base DaNang!

davblay
04-19-07, 09:17 PM
Looks like we have Rocket scientist and Old salts impersonating Poolees on this thread, doesn't it Marines?

Nez46
04-16-08, 11:38 AM
I got PFC because of two refferals i thought it was to easy but ya know i still like it. It helps but me on the fast track ya know??

phantasm
04-16-08, 12:13 PM
I'm going to boot (hopefully end of yr) with an AS degree (and only 20 semester hours left for my BS), 5 yrs. of prior service and as a former NCO in the Navy and former Spec-4 in the ARNG; I'll be an E2. I don't care though, all that matter is you go in a civvy and come out a Marine if your forunate enough.

Nez46
04-16-08, 12:27 PM
I agree being a Marine is all that matters.

Sunshine1331
04-16-08, 02:46 PM
Just curious...has there ever been a Female to achieve Company Honor Grad?

-Sunshine

Wyoming
04-16-08, 02:50 PM
Uh, yes, but to answer your question a bit differently, 'Why on Earth wouldn't there be'?

Sunshine1331
04-16-08, 02:55 PM
Uh, yes, but to answer your question a bit differently, 'Why on Earth wouldn't there be'?

There should not be any reason for there to not be one. I'm still learning about how it all works, in terms of Platoon Honor Grad, Series Honor Grad, and Company Honor Grad. It would seem that woman have less of a chance to get there just in the odds alone. Not because of a lack of capability. The only time any one mentions (on this site) anything about Company Honor Grad, or any Honor Grad for that matter, they refer to Male Marines.

-Sunshine

sscjoe
04-16-08, 03:08 PM
I went in Dec 75 with an Associates Degree and recieved only a mos. No PFC

crazymjb
04-16-08, 03:23 PM
I too see the contract PFC thing as out of place in regards to anything other than JROTC, USYM, and Eagle Scout, and of course prior service.

The boot Lance Corporal thing I think should only be awarded conditional that one has a contract PFC for the aforementioned "acceptable" reasons, AND was a prior-service NCO. As I understand it, Lcpls can be fireteam leaders, and there is no way that should come right out of boot, unless you have prior experience as an NCO in some other branch of service (and continue to display that ability by becoming a company honor grad).

Mike

bgsuwoody
04-16-08, 03:46 PM
Well what you have to understand is E-1 to E-3 promotions are going to happen automatically. Its very hard to get non-req'd for these. However, anyone PVT, PFC, or LCPL can become a team leader...if the situation occurs where a team leader goes down. If that was to happen in my team, it would be a PFC or a PVT period...thats all we have. Every Marine should be prepared for leadership no matter the position. I got E-2 for having a Bachelors degree, but would have got Meritorious in bootcamp anyways. You will be a boot in the fleet no matter what, even when I pick up E-3 next month I will still be a boot and will continue to do everything an E-1 does. It's hard to talk about rank until you see the people or find out how it works. I know LCPL Squad Leaders right now....

Wyoming
04-16-08, 04:05 PM
There should not be any reason for there to not be one. I'm still learning about how it all works, in terms of Platoon Honor Grad, Series Honor Grad, and Company Honor Grad. It would seem that woman have less of a chance to get there just in the odds alone. Not because of a lack of capability. The only time any one mentions (on this site) anything about Company Honor Grad, or any Honor Grad for that matter, they refer to Male Marines.

-Sunshine

Ahem, the distaff group goes boots up at PI. (No pun intended)

So yes, there is an Honor Grad.

NOW, out of a jillion members, there is a distinct ratio desparity between the sexes.

Trust me, and you will hear from the Marines that graduated 4th Battalion.

Artemis
04-16-08, 04:39 PM
Well all we had was the platoon honor grad, don't know anything about series honor grad or company honor grad but there were some meritorious promotions for this that and the other thing.

jetdoc
04-16-08, 06:43 PM
Very motivating Sirs.

Thank you,

Poolee Copley

I have heard that they would rather train a person on the rifle range that has not fired a weapon over someone who has already picked up a bunch of bad habits...no worries, you will be fine.

jetdoc
04-16-08, 06:47 PM
I got PFC because of two refferals i thought it was to easy but ya know i still like it. It helps but me on the fast track ya know??

Thats exactly how I got my PFC. Also I enlisted a year before I went in and that time counted towards pay, they have since changed that little nugget.

egbutler1
04-16-08, 09:07 PM
I went in PFC but they way it worked is i recruited 2 other guys to come in and i DEPed in a year before my ship date. In order to keep it i had to make every poolee meeting and help my recruiter out if i failed to keep a 280 IST score or missed a meeting that part of my contract was canned. Don't know how it works now but there were plenty of poolees that lost their PFC during my year before i shipped out.

Nez46
04-17-08, 07:18 AM
Now if you get two refferals you get PFC. I dont know if you can get it took away anymore. I got a perfect IST score so im not sure if that affects you anymore. So i dont know Sergeant. But im almost positive you cant lose your PFC unless you do something really stupid. But then again im no recruiter either.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-17-08, 09:03 AM
Times are a chaning thumper. ;)

Smurf
04-20-08, 05:42 PM
here is the thing, you cannot get Lance Corporal any way other than to become Copmpany Honor Graduate out of bootcamp. These marines have the right ideas but they are getting them mixed up. You can however pick up Lance after you get out of bootcamp by giving your recruiter names of 2/3 people who end up contracting while your on recruiters assistance. Sorry for being the bearor of bad news.

Wyoming
04-20-08, 05:55 PM
Smurf, I think you are a Marine, but you spell as if you are a sea-life creature.

My Marines is always capitalized.

BTW, Smurf, Click Here (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/advanced_register.php?do=changestatus)

bgsuwoody
04-20-08, 05:56 PM
Ok I am so sick of this god damn question and discussion. It isn't going to happen. 1 out of 100's do it. If you happen to be it fine, but nothing you can do will make you that person. In this case you already have to be that person. Its not going to do anything for you in the fleet if you are an 03xx except give you a few extra dollars in the bank. You will still be boot, you will still be treated like ****. We didn't promise you a damn rose garden and rank before your first pump aint gonna make it any better. I'm sorry if I am so damn unmotivating, but its the truth. Get over it. Give 110% everyday and it wont matter what rank you are. People will know it and see it. Rank doesn't get you responsibilities or billets. The people do, your abilities get you responsibilities and billets. Just figure out what it means to be a Marine before you worry about what rank you want to be.

PatriotGirl422
04-20-08, 08:41 PM
Just curious...has there ever been a Female to achieve Company Honor Grad?

-Sunshine

I'm assuming that Little Miss Sunshine here doesn't know that men and women train in separate platoons and batallions at boot camp. If we trained together, then no, there probably would never be a female honor grad. (Cause I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do 30 pullups :cry: )However, women and men are trained seperately, so the female companies have their own honor grads out of all the women trained in their platoons.

Nez46
04-20-08, 10:16 PM
Ok I am so sick of this god damn question and discussion. It isn't going to happen. 1 out of 100's do it. If you happen to be it fine, but nothing you can do will make you that person. In this case you already have to be that person. Its not going to do anything for you in the fleet if you are an 03xx except give you a few extra dollars in the bank. You will still be boot, you will still be treated like ****. We didn't promise you a damn rose garden and rank before your first pump aint gonna make it any better. I'm sorry if I am so damn unmotivating, but its the truth. Get over it. Give 110% everyday and it wont matter what rank you are. People will know it and see it. Rank doesn't get you responsibilities or billets. The people do, your abilities get you responsibilities and billets. Just figure out what it means to be a Marine before you worry about what rank you want to be.

Its okay PFC we still love you to. I agree i just asked about it thats all i had just heard about it. You should know even as a Poolee im sure you heard the rumors too. But by all means i see why your frustrated.

249gunner
04-21-08, 08:14 PM
What makes you think you'll be get different treatment with E3 when you join your unit and 80% of Marines there are E3s.

Nez46
04-21-08, 09:08 PM
I didnt say that. My dad told me even as a Sergeant in the Marines there is still ranks higher than you.

Sunshine1331
04-21-08, 09:09 PM
I'm assuming that Little Miss Sunshine here doesn't know that men and women train in separate platoons and batallions at boot camp. If we trained together, then no, there probably would never be a female honor grad. (Cause I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to do 30 pullups :cry: )However, women and men are trained seperately, so the female companies have their own honor grads out of all the women trained in their platoons.

Yes Lance Corporal, I was aware that men and woman train in separate platoons. It was my understanding that each Platoon has an Honor Grad and from those Platoon Honor Grads they selected a Company Honor Grad. From re-reading your post I now understand that there are two Company Honor Grads. One male and one female. It was my misunderstanding that they competed against each other. Thank you for the clarification.

MotivatorOfTheGuard
04-21-08, 09:22 PM
Owned.
:banana:

PatriotGirl422
04-22-08, 12:26 PM
Yes Lance Corporal, I was aware that men and woman train in separate platoons. It was my understanding that each Platoon has an Honor Grad and from those Platoon Honor Grads they selected a Company Honor Grad. From re-reading your post I now understand that there are two Company Honor Grads. One male and one female. It was my misunderstanding that they competed against each other. Thank you for the clarification.

Males and females also train in seperate companies and batallions. The company honor grad from a female company has nothing to do with the company honor grad from a male company.

Rev3ngE
10-06-08, 10:09 PM
I personally think going in as a signed PFC should only be for JROTC, Young Marines, being an Eagle Scout, and Prior Service. I think getting 2 poolees should not get you any rank, maybe some bonus money $2000 max. I will be going in as a signed PFC for Eagle Scout, which i spent over 13 years in to earn my Gold Palm Eagle Scout Award. If you have not been a Boy Scout for at least a year, I do not think you have room to talk on why people are still getting E-2 for Eagle Scout. Just to throw some knowledge about the Boy Scouts out, 4% become Eagle Scouts. Less than 1% become a Gold Palm Eagle Scout. I take pride in my scouting experience and will take even more pride when I become a Marine.

Jensen139
10-06-08, 11:21 PM
I didn't know it was that difficult to become an Eagle Scout. However, I think that about 90% of boy scouts drop out after a few years.

Rev3ngE
10-07-08, 10:50 AM
^correct, yes there is a huge drop out rate of quiters.

Abyss
10-07-08, 04:52 PM
I worked at a boy scout camp over the summer. 99% of them were lazy and unmotivated.

Steven79
10-07-08, 04:57 PM
Maybe I'll understand the issue better when (hopefully) I earn the title, but I had always thought PFC was just some 6-month garaunteed rank that really didn't mean anything except that you didn't make any major f'ups in your first 6 months?

Echo_Four_Bravo
10-07-08, 05:27 PM
Sorry, but getting two people to enlist is much more useful to the Marine Corps than being an Eagle Scout is. Yes, you learned a few things over the years... maybe one or two of them will actually be of use to you in the Marine Corps. Getting two more people to enlist is fulfilling part of the two-pronged mission of the Marine Corps= Making Marines and Winning Battles.

Being an Eagle Scout, in the Young Marines, or whatever else shows that you have a little desire and drive- same with getting college credits. It makes sense to advance those people to the next rank- but as far as "earning" the rank nothing really comes close to helping the recruiter accomplish his mission.

As for PFC- it is something that is pretty much automatic- same as LCpl. Of course, getting there sooner means you're in position to move to the next ranks that much sooner. And the fact that you get paid more is always good as well.

Drill for life
11-25-08, 09:52 PM
Sorry, but getting two people to enlist is much more useful to the Marine Corps than being an Eagle Scout is. Yes, you learned a few things over the years... maybe one or two of them will actually be of use to you in the Marine Corps. Getting two more people to enlist is fulfilling part of the two-pronged mission of the Marine Corps= Making Marines and Winning Battles.

Being an Eagle Scout, in the Young Marines, or whatever else shows that you have a little desire and drive- same with getting college credits. It makes sense to advance those people to the next rank- but as far as "earning" the rank nothing really comes close to helping the recruiter accomplish his mission.

As for PFC- it is something that is pretty much automatic- same as LCpl. Of course, getting there sooner means you're in position to move to the next ranks that much sooner. And the fact that you get paid more is always good as well.

I take offense to that. I have been in AJROTC for three years(four years next year)Young Marines(3 years)NSCC(Naval Sea Cadet Corps)(I' am a NSCC Special Warfare(SEAL)Technichian). I have alot of experience(Not military but Leadership)(YOu never stop learning Leadership you only keep Learning)My recruier told me that I am Guaranteed PFC out of boot and might get LCPL but you know what I know I don't deserve it. My Friend Justin got LCPL about a Year out of boot and he was a LCPL all three of his OIF tours. He just made CPL and has enough Promotion points to make SGT and he's only been in four years(He was infantry though, it's harder to get rank in Infantry because there are so many competing for E-4,E-5,E-6 and up) That is my two cents.

thewookie
11-25-08, 11:20 PM
I take offense to that. I have been in AJROTC for three years(four years next year)Young Marines(3 years)NSCC(Naval Sea Cadet Corps)(I' am a NSCC Special Warfare(SEAL)Technichian). I have alot of experience(Not military but Leadership)(YOu never stop learning Leadership you only keep Learning)My recruier told me that I am Guaranteed PFC out of boot and might get LCPL but you know what I know I don't deserve it. My Friend Justin got LCPL about a Year out of boot and he was a LCPL all three of his OIF tours. He just made CPL and has enough Promotion points to make SGT and he's only been in four years(He was infantry though, it's harder to get rank in Infantry because there are so many competing for E-4,E-5,E-6 and up) That is my two cents.

I take offense to the fact that you think you'll impress somebody with your story. BFD. Your story and fifty cents will get me a hot dog at a hot dog stand, BFD.

thewookie
11-25-08, 11:27 PM

Are you running around bragging about this?

mrod32
11-25-08, 11:44 PM
my favorie thing about the threads besides the useful info is when Marines put poolees and other wannabees in their place. just a poolee myself but i love to see when a poolee is fool of himself and a Marine comes along and puts him in check.

Scottie0417
11-26-08, 12:26 AM
I love how leadership experience in JROTC or Young Marines or stuff like that automatically translates into Marine Corps leadership for some poolees. When the bullets are flying, we'll see how handy that JROTC stuff is. And why are so many poolees concerned with making Lance Corporal out of boot camp? You won't get any respect for it, you have no more knowledge than a boot Private or PFC, and everyone picks up LCpl. within their first year of being in the Marine Corps anyways. Sure it gets you to that rank sooner, but you poolees need to focus on earning the title first.

PaidinBlood
11-26-08, 12:28 AM
my favorie thing about the threads besides the useful info is when Marines put poolees and other wannabees in their place. just a poolee myself but i love to see when a poolee is fool of himself and a Marine comes along and puts him in check.

Glad ya liked it, mrod but it ain't even about gettin off on telling kids where to shove it. :sick:

It's about working hard for something and watching others sacrifice even more for it, only to see some snot nosed little punk try to take a big steaming s hit all over it. :evilgrin:

Yeah, Cagle, I'm talking to you. You just don't get that there ain't a soul here wants to hear what you did over your summer vacation. There's Navy Crosses, Purple Hearts hanging around here, not to mention plenty of day to day heroes that wouldn't mention it if you asked 'em. And that's just what I know about. Go ahead and be proud of what you've done, but keep it in perspective.

You probably don't even get where a real Marine gets off trashing your super clubs. Deal with it. Go cry or circle jerk it away on some rotc board. Print this **** out and read it again the day you earn that Title. See if it doesn't look different.

s/f
Chris
:flag:

PHILLYBOI
11-26-08, 09:33 AM
hey iron man wont get it, being guide possibly have to be perfect, squad leader you wont get it, the only way is to be prior service or get referals after boot.

Scottie0417
11-26-08, 11:25 AM
To get LCpl. out of boot you have to be a contract PFC and the company honorman.

Drill for life
11-26-08, 11:31 AM
Glad ya liked it, mrod but it ain't even about gettin off on telling kids where to shove it. :sick:

It's about working hard for something and watching others sacrifice even more for it, only to see some snot nosed little punk try to take a big steaming s hit all over it. :evilgrin:

Yeah, Cagle, I'm talking to you. You just don't get that there ain't a soul here wants to hear what you did over your summer vacation. There's Navy Crosses, Purple Hearts hanging around here, not to mention plenty of day to day heroes that wouldn't mention it if you asked 'em. And that's just what I know about. Go ahead and be proud of what you've done, but keep it in perspective.

You probably don't even get where a real Marine gets off trashing your super clubs. Deal with it. Go cry or circle jerk it away on some rotc board. Print this **** out and read it again the day you earn that Title. See if it doesn't look different.

s/f
Chris
:flag:

Yes LCPL I understand exactly what you are saying loud and clear. I am joing the Marine Corps in 12 days(Dec 8th) and am having a meeting with my recruieter to pick my MOS on Dec the 2nd(I want 0311). I am getting closer and closer and closer to the title everyday.

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 11:34 AM
Yes LCPL I understand exactly what you are saying loud and clear. I am joing the Marine Corps in 12 days(Dec 8th) and am having a meeting with my recruieter to pick my MOS on Dec the 2nd(I want 0311). I am getting closer and closer and closer to the title everyday.

WTF?? You're leaving in less than two weeks and don't even have an MOS picked out yet? Sounds like p*ss-poor planning to me....don't be surprised if you end up with something you don't like :evilgrin:

Drill for life
11-26-08, 11:46 AM
Im not leaving Im going DEP for a full year and then going to MCRDPI, I either want 0300,0311 and anto to apply for 0321. I want to end up with the B-billet of 8654 and if I decide to stay in long enough to have a Career in the Marine Corps I want to have the B-Billet of 8511(I just want to do 1 tour and get back to my original MOS).

Enigmatic
11-26-08, 12:12 PM
Well as I was, Drill for life, I misunderstood your post. Thought you meant you were leaving for boot already.

Drill for life
11-26-08, 12:17 PM
It's cool Corporal I always misread stuff hope I don't misread my Conttrct(Yikes)!!!

PaidinBlood
11-26-08, 03:31 PM
Good luck with it. You going active or reserve?

thewookie
11-26-08, 03:56 PM

There are always reasons for everything in the Corps. They might not always make sense to you at first, but hopefully they will in the long run. In this case, my point was/is to give that said named poolee a hefty dose of humility.

Mind you, this is the same poolee who started a thread talking smack about the Army when he hasn't given anything of himself yet. Part time social clubs like the Young Marines and all those other fancy clubs don't count to me.

I'll give him credit for joining or being a part of all those clubs, but I will not tolerate him or any poolee thinking they are above another serviceman or woman because of it.

Drill for life
11-26-08, 09:25 PM
Im going DEP for a year and then Active. I want to be deployable to Iraq or Afghanistan.

PaidinBlood
11-26-08, 09:50 PM
reservists deploy too, I was just asking because as you might already know, you usually can't get 0311 in your contract as active. I have heard and seen a few Reservists who got the specific MOS in writing, but usually you have to figure that out in ITB.

Bullpup
11-27-08, 02:25 AM
It doesn't matter if 0311 is in your contract or not. I'm in ITB right now and we are splitting to our MOS platoons after Thanksgiving. Pretty much if you want '11 you'll get it. If they don't have enough bodies for the weapons MOS then you could get voluntold to go but its unlikely. Just put 0311 three times on your wishlist. You could also go contract recon and train as an '11 first. Thats what I'm doing.
Good luck.

Accord
11-27-08, 04:20 AM
My Friend Justin got LCPL about a Year out of boot and he was a LCPL all three of his OIF tours. He just made CPL and has enough Promotion points to make SGT and he's only been in four years(He was infantry though, it's harder to get rank in Infantry because there are so many competing for E-4,E-5,E-6 and up) That is my two cents.

First poolee i've ever seen that actually understands this.

JeSuisBill
11-27-08, 08:33 AM
I have guaranteed PFC in my contract.

To get Lance when I graduate, do I need to do the same things Recruits are doing to try and get PFC, or do I need to be that much faster/stronger/smarter because of the increased rank?

92-Day Reservist, Future Officer Candidate

As much of a badass as you think you are, you only get LCpl if you're Company Honorman. 1/500 chance. Good luck.

But if you don't get company honorman you can recruit 2 guys to join the Corps and get LCpl that way.

Or get honorman at MOS school. I got honorman for being the top dog out of about 40 guys. 1/40 is much easier than 1/500

From Private to LCpl in less than 6 months.

Drill for life
11-27-08, 10:26 AM
Thsi has turned into a repetitive stupid thread just to get post. The question ahs been answered numerous times BY UNITED STATES MARINES,It ahs been answered. Mods could we Please lock this thread it's pointless. Oh and thanks Accord, I like to be informed before I make the most important and best descion of my life!!!

mrod32
11-28-08, 09:44 PM
drillforlife,
what is with the one mile time, shouldn't you be timing your 3mile run or atleast your 1.5mile a mile time time is irrelevant, and when you say situps you really mean crunches right? lol