PDA

View Full Version : TRUE Freedom of Speech

3077India
04-15-07, 07:37 PM
Have you ever wondered what TRUE Freedom of Speech is? I heard this from an unlikely source and I strongly feel it explains the guts of what Freedom of Speech really is: -

"...You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil,-whose standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours..." This quote may be heard spoken by Michael Douglas' character (The President) in the movie The American President.

While I generally don't take stock in anything I hear in the movies, this one quote really struck me so much I use it frequently (see my signature below) in my email signature and elsewhere.

Because of Political Correctness Freedom of Speech has been stifled to the point that we can't really claim that that part of the 1st Amendment has any teeth and is still alive.

TRUE Freedom of Speech protects EVEN UNPOPULAR SPEECH not just that speech with which we happen to agree.

To people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton Freedom of Speech means nothing. If they don't agree with it, then whoever said it should be ostracized and condemned for it! To h**l with the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

People like these two men and PC advocates need to be put in their place, which is the garbage, so that Freedom of Speech, including UNPOPULAR speech may once again be the law of the land.

sgt tony
04-15-07, 08:01 PM
HERE HERE I AGREE. IT IS OK THAT THEY CALL PEOPLE JEWS, WHITTE AND MANY MORE. But don't put them down or your a racists.

OLE SARG
04-15-07, 08:45 PM
fatass sharpton and mushmouth jesse jackass ARE NOT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are hypocritical scum!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

10thzodiac
04-15-07, 09:18 PM
Don't forget this is America, money talks and Bull-sh!t walks !

Black, White, Yellow and Brown doesn't guarantee free speech, green does !

"When a fellow says it hain't the money but the principle o' the thing, it's th' money."

<S>"In God We Trust"</S> "In Money We Trust”. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

marinegreen
04-15-07, 09:20 PM
This best sums them up, Its called afterbirth and its comes after a human is born....

davblay
04-15-07, 11:01 PM
It still gripes my ass that these *******s are speaking out in this country, about this country and the whole time they forget that in any other country, they would be hanged!

ONLY IN AMERICA!!!!

Send us your poor, your stupid, your unwilling to work and pay taxes, and we will provide two big mouths to b**** for you!

To think we went to war for those jerks!

They are less than the after birth of a bastard rat!

3077India
04-16-07, 05:47 AM
Don't forget this is America, money talks and Bull-sh!t walks !

Black, White, Yellow and Brown doesn't guarantee free speech, green does !

"When a fellow says it hain't the money but the principle o' the thing, it's th' money."

<s>"In God We Trust"</s> "In Money We Trust”. <o>:p></o>:p>I was talking about TRUE Freedom of Speech, as it is guaranteed under the 1st Amendment, not the reality; or did you mis-read the title? :nerd:

10thzodiac
04-16-07, 12:16 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">
Originally Posted by 3077India
I was talking about TRUE Freedom of Speech, as it is guaranteed under the 1st Amendment, not the reality; or did you mis-read the title? :nerd:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<CENTER>http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/peace-0010.gif</CENTER>I thought you were doing a comparison between the two, freedom of speech and reality. My error...

I was just exercising what little freedom of speech I have left, I hope nobody minds.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">"...You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil,-whose standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours..." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SF

10th

<CENTER></CENTER>

3077India
04-16-07, 06:14 PM
...I was just exercising what little freedom of speech I have left, I hope nobody minds...Please continue to do so. Asserting our rights is a duty for all Americans. Letting freedoms be taken away from us is a SLAP IN THE FACE TO THOSE WHO FOUGHT TO DEFEND THEM!!!!!!! When I was curator of a museum I placed in the military display these words, "If you love your freedoms, then thank a Veteran."

<center></center>

killerinstinct
04-17-07, 08:52 AM
they just gettin gupset because hillary has a better chance of being president than they did.