PDA

View Full Version : Chavez threatens to cut Venezuelan oil supply to US

jetdawgg
04-15-07, 01:41 PM
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has reiterated the possibility of cutting his country's oil supply to the US if it attacks Venezuela.

"If there is a new aggression against our government, there will not be one more drop of oil for the United States," Chavez Friday told a press conference. "We are prepared for it."

Chavez said he would not differentiate between the origin of the aggression, whether it is from the US directly or from anti-Venezuelan forces commanded by Washington.

Venezuela delivers 1.3 million barrels of oil to the US daily.
The president believes the US' aggressive attitude comes from big companies rather than his counterpart George W Bush.

"President Bush is not the boss over there, he is just a small figure," he said. "The big corporations make the decisions, those unscrupulous ones that start wars to sell and win billions of dollars."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=f052416d-026c-47b1-96fc-1486ffc825f1&MatchID1=4448&TeamID1=10&TeamID2=25&MatchType1=2&SeriesID1=1104&PrimaryID=4448

OLE SARG
04-15-07, 04:24 PM
chavez needs to meet one of our Marine Corps Snipers at about 1,000 yards!!!!! One shot, one between the running lights!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
04-15-07, 04:29 PM
"If there is a new aggression against our government, there will not be one more drop of oil for the United States," Chavez Friday told a press conference. "We are prepared for it."

That'll make the price rise some more over here. This is heating up rapidly. I would not be surprised if the Marines are deployed there soon.

marinegreen
04-15-07, 05:01 PM
chavez needs to meet one of our Marine Corps Snipers at about 1,000 yards!!!!! One shot, one between the running lights!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Lets really have some fun Sarg and go for 1500 yds.:thumbup: :yes:

MG

10thzodiac
04-15-07, 06:20 PM
I don't know about you guys but gas at COSTCO in Oakbrook, IL (Chi-town) yesterday was damn near $3 a gallon. Watermelons the size of a basketball almost $10 and this is a Big-Box discount store !

WTF are you doing George ?

hrscowboy
04-15-07, 10:27 PM
Tell him to stick his Oil where the sun dont shine we dont need his damn Oil and also cut out all trade to his country and see how he likes that crap.. suck it up Zodiac those dollar a gallon days are over..

10thzodiac
04-15-07, 11:27 PM
Tell him to stick his Oil where the sun dont shine we dont need his damn Oil and also cut out all trade to his country and see how he likes that crap.. suck it up Zodiac those dollar a gallon days are over..

I've been asking myself why don't I just get a taxi or rent a car one or two times a month for a day. Thats all I really need, everything is close. Sure beats $300 car payments, $800 insurance and $3 gasoline.

There is even a senior shuttle bus that will pick you up for shopping. Not to mention the regular bus.

Ah, the price of convenience !

Anyways I can't take it with me...

jetdawgg
04-16-07, 01:01 PM
How about a solid plan on energy conservation and renewables?:usmc:

DWG
04-16-07, 01:12 PM
If chavez, in his paranoid delusions, wants to shut off our oil because of a perceived threat, fine, let him. But we can make damn sure he doesn't sell a drop of oil to any one else in the world too. Let's see who starves first! Not a bad idea to use with Iran either! :confused:

And jetdawgg, you're right, we gtta go green, at least in the respect of kicking the oil monkey on our backs!:thumbup:

jetdawgg
04-16-07, 01:19 PM
If chavez, in his paranoid delusions, wants to shut off our oil because of a perceived threat, fine, let him. But we can make damn sure he doesn't sell a drop of oil to any one else in the world too. Let's see who starves first! Not a bad idea to use with Iran either! :confused:

And jetdawgg, you're right, we gtta go green, at least in the respect of kicking the oil monkey on our backs!:thumbup:

That'll shut all of these idiots out...:usmc: