PDA

View Full Version : Enlisted to Warrant Officer

Black Heart
04-15-07, 12:46 PM
Yea i was wondering what were the requirements and how long it takes for an elisted Marine to make it to the Warrant Officer position? Is it harder to try and go for Warrant Officer than a Comm. Officer? And for Gunners (Infantry Warrant Officers) do they actually go out INTO the battle with the rest of the grunts? or do they just tell the grunts what to do?

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-15-07, 03:18 PM
The only way that I know of to be a Warrant Officer is to be enlisted first. The Army will put people in as pilot warrant officers, but the Marine Corps doesn't do that. You'll have to be a SNCO I believe- maybe a Sgt, you could probably google that and find the answer. There are more Officers than Warrant Officers, so just pure numbers tell me it would be easier to get a spot as a 2nd Lt than a CWO 1.

I don't know what you mean by "go into battle" but what good would someone in the infantry be to the Marine Corps if they weren't going to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver and repel the enemy assault with fire and close combat?

DevilDogHEMech
04-16-07, 03:42 AM
To apply for the Warrant Officer program a Marine must be a Sergeant or above with at least 8 years time in service. A Warrant Officer is a "subject matter expert" who is supposed to know anything and everything about their MOS field. And yes, a Warrant Officer in the 0300 field would go out with the rest of his unit. In other words, poolee, you got a while before you can even think about it. Worry about boot camp and learning everything that a basic Marine needs to know first.