PDA

View Full Version : Company B Marines celebrate return, remember comrade

thedrifter
04-15-07, 06:46 AM
Article published Apr 14, 2007
Company B Marines celebrate return, remember comrade

WSBT-TV Report

The community celebrated the return of Company B Saturday with a public celebration. They also remembered one who didn't come home.Cpl. Aaron Seal from Elkhart was killed by sniper fire just one month after arriving in Iraq. His friends and family describe the 23-year-old as someone who always helped others. So they've formed a scholarship in his honor.

After seven months on the battle field, Company B Marines are readjusting to life at home. But one family isn't able to get reacquainted with their son.

"There's times when I realize that there's no more tomorrows with Aaron and sometimes it brings me down and I start crying still," says Seal's father David Dunn. "But I got to remember all the yesterdays I had with him."

The Seal family started a college fund in Cpl. Seal's name to make sure no one forgets.

"It just keeps his name out there and just keeping his legacy going," says Lance Corporal Daniel Lepper, a Company B Marine.

His friends and family say it's a legacy of unselfish giving.

"I've had many people come up to me and tell me things they've done to help other people because they thought Aaron would have done it," says Dunn.

It makes sense that the man who always helped others will continue to do that with $50,000 raised through a Harley Davidson raffle at Saturday's homecoming celebration.

"It will help advance their education and become better Americans and better people," says L/Cpl. Lepper.

The Seal family has not discussed what the criteria will be for selecting a scholarship winner.

Jim Burke won the Harley raffle. Another Harley was given to Company B Marine Lance Corporal Andrew Litka.

In addition to the Harley raffle, other items were auctioned off to raise money for the scholarship.

Ellie