PDA

View Full Version : Promotions

119Wrestler
04-15-07, 12:28 AM
How can I get promoted to PFC coming out of boot camp?
I heard of many things, and some programs, like Young Marines and SeaCadets. My old recrutier told me if I did Young Marines I would get promoted, so I did Young Marines, but now my new recruiter is telling me, it won't get me promoted.

bigdog43701
04-15-07, 07:44 AM
bust your a$$, do what you are told when you are told, be highly motivated.

semperfi170
04-15-07, 12:59 PM
I agree with bigdog! It is also possible to go to boot camp with PFC guaranteed, except for one thing. You foul-up, it can be taken away. The truely motivated earn it in boot camp or shortly thereafter! Stay motivated, learn what you are taught, qualify expert, score high on every PFT, and keep squared away! Having been a DI, I know you are constantly being evaluated.:usmc:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-15-07, 03:22 PM
If Young Marines won't get you PFC that is a new thing. I don't know what to tell you, but if your recruiter says it isn't going to happen, it isn't. He is the one that will do your paperwork. You could always get some people to sign up when you DEP in.

I don't buy off on the notion that you should just earn it at boot camp. My platoon was very small and there simply were not enough people to promote everyone that should have been. The Company high shooter did not get promoted, the company high PFT did not get promoted. The only people with PFC stripes that didn't have it in their contract were squad leaders.

119Wrestler
04-15-07, 06:51 PM
Oh ok thanks for the advice.
I have a friend and he is a MArine, and he told me that if I can have a perfect 300, by the time I get to boot camp, I can get promoted definately.
Also stay motivated and know my knowledge of course.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-15-07, 09:15 PM
Read what I just posted. Our company high PFT did not get a promotion. There were several with a 300, so it came down to who could do the most pull ups, sit ups and run the fastest- even though more than one person was able to exceed the maximum number for scoring. So, if you want to be sure you need to have it in your contract.

davblay
04-15-07, 10:19 PM
How can I get promoted to PFC coming out of boot camp?
I heard of many things, and some programs, like Young Marines and SeaCadets. My old recrutier told me if I did Young Marines I would get promoted, so I did Young Marines, but now my new recruiter is telling me, it won't get me promoted.
What is it, 4 months time in grade from E-1 to E-2? If that's a fact then it's just a short wait until you get it anyways, right?

SkilletsUSMC
04-15-07, 10:47 PM
What is it, 4 months time in grade from E-1 to E-2? If that's a fact then it's just a short wait until you get it anyways, right?

Close, Its 6 months.

davblay
04-15-07, 10:49 PM
That was my first thought, but I wasn't sure! I knew you guys would correct me, Thanks!

Still, my point is--------WTF! ;)

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-16-07, 03:53 AM
The real difference would be in LCPL which is 8 months after PFC, and when you stop being looked at funny when you go to the PX

killerinstinct
04-16-07, 09:05 AM
plus you need time in service and stuff too time in grade time in service all that good stuff....