PDA

View Full Version : Marine surprised with motorcycle

thedrifter
04-14-07, 08:48 AM
Marine surprised with motorcycle

By: Kathryn Bursch

Largo, Florida – Inside the Cruizin Eagle motorcycle shop, owner Bobby Leone makes some last minute touch ups with a can of spray paint.

Bobby Leone, Cruizin Eagle:

“Just touchin’ up a little black on the motor…just to make it look a little better.”

And friends of Matt Orth are gathering.

Brian Rust, Friend :

“He’s very personable and he’s always out there to help everyone else. Everyone seems to gravitate towards him.”

Orth is just out of the Marines where he served two tours in Iraq. While there he was injured and received a Purple Heart. But his friends say what really hurt Orth is that just before he shipped out, his motorcycle was stolen.

And that’s where a Honda with a bow on it comes in. His friends chipped in, bought a used bike and on Friday night their plans for a surprise came together.

While Orth's friends waited out back trying not to giggle, another friend was luring him through the shop’s front door. And finally, the garage door went up revealing the motorcycle and a clearly surprised Orth.

Matt Orth, Surprised with motorcycle:

“I was completely blown away. (What do you think about your friends?) They’re the best bunch of people I could ever know. I love them.”

A plan comes together and with a rumble Orth rides off. Mission accomplished.

Amanda Stephens, Friend:

“Get together and tell him that we love him and thank him for what he did for us and for our country.”

While in the Marines Orth was a sniper; now he has his eyes set on gaining a criminal justice degree.

Kathryn Bursch, Tampa Bay's 10 News

Ellie