PDA

View Full Version : Hopeful?

ToxIkon
04-12-07, 11:46 PM
Yeah I was wondering if it is still possible to join the USMC with a felony conviction. If anyone has any insight It would be much appreciated.

Thank You

davblay
04-13-07, 12:02 AM
Check with a Recruiter, but I would say it depends on what the Felony is/was! How long it's been, if you were a juvenile, etc! With this war going on, waivers are getiing more common, they tell me!

Besides it doesn't cost anything to ask!

ToxIkon
04-13-07, 12:13 AM
I have already talked to one he says there is a possibility but I have to be off probation and I get off this december that would two years and a half oh and the offense was battery against a peace officer. Am still going to try to get in all that matters that is I tried.

Marine84
04-13-07, 01:11 AM
DUCK - INCOMING!

Looks like we got a ballsy one here - Battery against a peace officer? Can I hear you say "DUH"? Has your testosterone level evened out since then?

YLDNDN6
04-13-07, 06:52 AM
The Corps "creates" people who think about their actions, and consider the outcome of their actions, and people who know there is a dark side to everyone, but manage to keep theirs down unless it is absolutely necessary to be a badazz. I read recently, in some reader's digest book, that everyone has two dogs inside of them. One dog wants to do good and be at peace with the world, while the other wants to tear the throat out of everyone else's dogs, and it is up to the person to feed the right dog. As a rule, the Corps wants the people who feed the more rational of the two dogs, and then take the time to teach us how to feed the meaner one as it may be required. I think you are feeding the wrong dog already, and it may prove to be a difficult thing for you to be accepted by the Corps. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor, though, and I hope that even if this doesn't work out for you, you will find a way to start feeding the right dog. It makes life a whole lot easier in the long run.

ToxIkon
04-13-07, 11:12 AM
Thank you for the encouraging words.

David Jameson
04-13-07, 11:44 AM
You can make it happen.Try to get a wavier.Work with the recruiter after you get off probation.Be honest.---oh yeah ,Don't try it again