PDA

View Full Version : General Orders Audio?

Vizior
04-11-07, 10:54 PM
Hey, I do not post here often(first time, actually), and mostly just use it as a research tool. I was wondering if anyone had a copy(or could possibly make one?) of the 11 General Orders shouted aloud(In the format "Sir, this recruit's first general order....", of course).

I know it's a lot to ask if anyone had the time to do this, but I am hoping someone in the past has done it, and can just forward a link for me. I am away and college, and would greatly appreciate it for use in my car and IPOD, in order to memorize.

Thanks,
Don

davblay
04-11-07, 11:41 PM
These are the orders, you can record them yourself: <br />
<br />
&lt;center&gt;The 11 General Orders of a Sentry <br />
<br />
&lt;/center&gt; 1) To take charge of this post and all government property in view. <br />
2) To walk my...

Accord
04-12-07, 01:13 AM
You will repeat every general order at least a thousand times within your first two weeks on the island, so don't worry about it.

Vizior
04-12-07, 06:48 AM
Thank you for pointing out my lack of research on the subject... yet, I'm still having difficulty recording the general orders without a microphone. I will memorize it otherwise if I have to, but I...

grodunt
04-12-07, 08:59 AM
The easiest thing to do is just write them down on flash cards with the # on one side and the general order on the other. That's how I did it and it's simple and effective. Memorized all of them in about a week just rifling through them in between classes or while I'm driving to school.

rolive
04-12-07, 10:08 AM
Thats what I did with the Marine Corps rank structure, as well as the general orders. Besides, when you forget what General order # 5 is...well pushups are good for you anyway...

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-12-07, 08:28 PM
This isn't a bad idea. I know I learn better by hearing than by reading. I have no skill in this type of thing, but will see what I can do.