PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Blasts 'Bigot' Imus

jetdawgg
04-11-07, 03:32 PM
On Wednesday Sen. Hillary Clinton joined the attack on Don Imus, saying the talk show host’s comments about the Rutgers University women’s basketball team showed "small-minded bigotry and coarse sexism.”

In a mass e-mail sent to her closest supporters, the Democratic presidential hopeful wrote: "This year the Rutgers women’s basketball team defied the odds and lived up to their dreams, providing inspiration to every little boy and girl beginning to pick up a ball or open a book . . .

"Don Imus’ comments about them were nothing more than small-minded bigotry and coarse sexism. They showed a disregard for basic decency and were disrespectful and degrading to African-Americans and women everywhere.”

Clinton called on e-mail recipients to join her in sending the Rutgers women a message of respect and support.

Senator Clinton does not always sign her name to emails sent to her supporters, instead using surrogates such as campaign officials. But this time Sen. Clinton may have had a personal motive to take on Imus. Clinton’s email blast could easily be viewed as payback against Imus for constantly attacking her on the air – even referring to her often as "Satan” or the "devil."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/4/11/151248.shtml

jetdawgg
04-11-07, 03:54 PM
By JAKE TAPPER

April 11, 2007— In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for talk radio host Don Imus to be fired, and said he would never again appear on his show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama said he appeared once on Imus's show two years ago, and "I have no intention of returning."

Racial Slur Stirs Trouble for Shock Jock

Last week, Imus referred to the Rutgers University women's basketball team, most of whom are African-American, as "nappy-headed ho's." has since apologized for his remarks and CBS and MSNBC suspended his show for two weeks.

"He didn't just cross the line," Obama said, "he fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America. The notions that as young African American women — who I hope will be athletes — that that somehow makes them makes them less beautiful or less important, it was a degrading comment, it's one that I'm not interested in supporting."

Though every major presidential candidate has decried the racist remarks, Obama is the first presidential candidate to say Imus should lose his job for them.

His proclamation was the latest in an ever-expanding list of bad news for Imus.

Sponsors including from American Express Co., General Motors Corp, Procter & Gamble Co., and Staples Inc. — have announced they are pulling advertisements from the show for the indefinite future.

On Tuesday, the basketball team held a press conference.

"I think that this has scarred me for life," said Matee Ajavon. "We grew up in a world where racism exists, and there's nothing we can do to change that."

"What we've been seeing around this country is this constant ratcheting up of a coarsening of the culture that all of have to think about," Obama said.

"Insults, humor that degrades women, humor that is based in racism and racial stereotypes isn't funn," the Senator told ABC News.

"And the notion that somehow it's cute or amusing, or a useful diversion, I think, is something that all of us have to recognize is just not the case. We all have first amendment rights. And I am a constitutional lawyer and strongly believe in free speech, but as a culture, we really have to do some soul searching to think about what kind of toxic information are we feeding our kids," he concluded.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3031317&page=1

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 04:00 PM
this comes from a woman whose gender is clearly misguided by wearing pants

fmoyer
04-11-07, 04:02 PM
Maybe if they dislike him so much he might not be such a bad guy after all.

yellowwing
04-11-07, 04:46 PM
"I think that this has scarred me for life," said Matee Ajavon. -
Give me a break. Yes he screwed up, but scarring people for life is so Drama Queen BS.

Osotogary
04-11-07, 05:27 PM
When I was growing up my Father used to tell me that all I was good for was ...eating , sleeping and sh*tting. Darn right that scarred me for life! Heck, I almost, inadvertantly, wrote eating, sleeping and sh*tting on a job application question that asked, "What can you do?" LOL
The bull poop just keeps getting higher and higher. Has anyone wanted Imus dead yet? Unfrikken believable.

On an updated side note-
I can still eat, sleep and sh*t with the best of them.

yellowwing
04-11-07, 05:31 PM
And 10Z's magic toilet can clean you up!

marinegreen
04-11-07, 05:43 PM
She slammed him cuz he cant stand the phonie skank and wont have her on his show. The "I" Man and the Clintons were friends(sorta) a few yrs back and they fuq'ed him by lying to him and he holds a foreever grudge.Did you hear that phonie skank when she was in Selma, she was trying to sound southern with a lil black in her speaking, "I" man caught that chit right away and showed just how phonie she really is.Lets hope she dont get to become prez cuz we've had enough the Clinton-Bush yrs running this country.

marinegreen
04-11-07, 05:46 PM
I'd choose Imus over that lying fuq O'reiley anyday..........and over that lil twit Hannity.................

yellowwing
04-11-07, 06:01 PM
She slammed him cuz he cant stand the phonie skank and wont have her on his show. The "I" Man and the Clintons were friends(sorta) a few yrs back and they fuq'ed him by lying to him and he holds a foreever grudge.Did you hear that phonie skank when she was in Selma, she was trying to sound southern with a lil black in her speaking, "I" man caught that chit right away and showed just how phonie she really is.Lets hope she dont get to become prez cuz we've had enough the Clinton-Bush yrs running this country.
The Clinton Selma speech has been proven in context. But hey, just like every thing else you believe what you want to believe no matter what the truth is.

marinegreen
04-11-07, 06:05 PM
The Clinton Selma speech has been proven in context. But hey, just like every thing else you believe what you want to believe no matter what the truth is.

Hey yo yellowing, this is from a famous speech, " I CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH !" LOL:thumbup:
:yes: MG

yellowwing
04-11-07, 06:09 PM
Just as long as our lads stay frosty and alert in Al Anbar.

drumcorpssnare
04-13-07, 03:38 PM
That worthless scumbag Hillary should shut her cumdumpster! Every time she opens her face, she has a massive oral bowel movement!:evilgrin:
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

cball
04-14-07, 12:19 PM
If she was doing her duties at home Bill wouldnt have been (seeing) Monica.Come to think of it, Bill probably cant stand her either.