PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

JHSWRESTLER2007
04-10-07, 09:33 PM
Hello everybody my name is tommy...well anyway, i have a buddy of mine in the DEP (kyle) and he is trying to get out of the DEP...he has a closed Infantry contract...what should he do to get out?...i am trying to help him out because if he doesnt want to be there. I sure as hell dont want him there...I am just a motivated poolee trying to help a friend out..any responces will be appreciated..Thanks in advance for any replys:flag:

davblay
04-10-07, 10:02 PM
, i have a buddy of mine in the DEP (kyle) and he is trying to get out of the DEP...he has a closed Infantry contract...what should he do to get out?

Why does he want out, what is out? Do you mean he wants OUT of my Corps? Does he just want to change his contract, what? :confused:

Wolfman07
04-10-07, 10:06 PM
If he wants out he better do it now before he ships to bootcamp. Whatever his excuse he should just go to his recruiter and tell him.

davblay
04-10-07, 10:09 PM
Good point Wolf, but lets give him a chance to tell us why and what he wants!

Wolfman07
04-10-07, 10:16 PM
Yeah, your right. But if he has second thoughts now in the civilian world, I would think that it would be ten times worse when he gets to recruit training. Ive never been to recruit training, but I hear its... well I hear alot.:evilgrin: lol

JHSWRESTLER2007
04-10-07, 10:19 PM
Well he wants to get out of the Delayed Entry Program and what i mean by that is leave the Marine Corps...he wants to because his girlfriend has him by the balls and is messing with his head... and now he wants to get out of the DEP

davblay
04-10-07, 10:19 PM
Yeah, your right. But if he has second thoughts now in the civilian world, I would think that it would be ten times worse when he gets to recruit training. Ive never been to recruit training, but I hear its... well I hear alot.:evilgrin: lol

Thats all you're supposed to do, is hear stuff! When you get there and come back, then we can talk!

davblay
04-10-07, 10:24 PM
Well he wants to get out of the Delayed Entry Program and what i mean by that is leave the Marine Corps...he wants to because his girlfriend has him by the balls and is messing with his head... and now he wants to get out of the DEP

My Advice to you Poolee is to stay out of his personal life! If he is willing to allow HER to change his mind now, he will have to decide himself what he wants to do! We all got the "WHAT HAVE I DONE" syndrome, but we overcame! That is his, and his Recruiters, decision to make! Not yours or mine. I would have a problem with his ability to perform as a Marine, however! Marines have to make decisions, then live with the outcome!

Wolfman07
04-10-07, 10:26 PM
In that case he can do one of two things, do what he wants to do or do what his girlfriend wants him to do. If he wants out the recruiter is the way to do it. Corporal, I cant wait until I can come back here and talk to you about recruit training as a Marine. It will happen, I know I will not quit on myself or anyone that is depending on me. Its just a matter of time, 62 days until I get the chance to prove myself.

SnowPaint078
04-10-07, 10:37 PM
Well I agree with the fact that you should stay out of his personal life, But I would say tell him to talk to his recruiter. I wouldn't want to be in bootcamp with any one that didn't want to be there and also maybe he is just confused. The recruiter will try to get down to what he wants and if he really does want out they will allow him to leave as long as its before bootcamp. Some one in our DEP decided to leave because of a conflict with mechanic schooling. First though he should contact his recruiter immediatley.

davblay
04-10-07, 10:41 PM
Snowpaint, that is exactly what I told him! Are you trying to correct my response?

SnowPaint078
04-10-07, 10:52 PM
No CPL, It just seems like the practical and best thing to do in his situation. And I'll be honest I am stubborn person, sometimes an individual needs to hear it from multiple people to take the advice even if it is from a superior. I like to treat people how I would like to be treated, and as corny as that may sound its true for the most part.

davblay
04-10-07, 10:55 PM
No CPL, It just seems like the practical and best thing to do in his situation. And I'll be honest I am stubborn person, sometimes an individual needs to hear it from multiple people to take the advice even if it is from a superior. I like to treat people how I would like to be treated, and as corny as that may sound its true for the most part.

The DI's are going to love you Nic! LMAO! No kidding, you have the right idea, good point, Poolee!

SnowPaint078
04-10-07, 11:07 PM
Actually your right. One mistake I am glad to have made before bootcamp is smiling when the DI is yelling at me. Steve and I both got out of school for a sort of "mini bootcamp" for a local news station extra. I got IT'd out of my mind, I have never worked so hard to please one person. And Its like all the yelling in your ear gets to you at first and you get flustered. After awhile you realize its about not doing it 100% perfect its about being quick and doing your best and calling off each order he gives. In the end your just like aye aye sir every second and just dropping to the ground.

Soon2BeVIP
04-10-07, 11:11 PM
This could be legit....but the first thing i thought of was http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43656.

But if "Kyle" wants to get out, google "Get of DEP" or something. There are websites and the GI Rights Hotline and stuff. Google tells all.

Cpl...Do you really think I'm cocky? :banana:

baronius
04-10-07, 11:23 PM
This could be legit....but the first thing i thought of was http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43656.

But if "Kyle" wants to get out, google "Get of DEP" or something. There are websites and the GI Rights Hotline and stuff. Google tells all.

There's a website, usmilitary.about.com, that has a section on getting out of the DEP. It's pretty informative.

davblay
04-10-07, 11:48 PM
T

Just a little, not enough to make me now like you though!

Marine84
04-11-07, 09:42 AM
Just a little, not enough to make me now like you though!

LMAO!!!!!

Awwwwwww he wants to be your drinking buddy!

rvillac2
04-11-07, 09:48 AM
I want to be 84's drinking buddy. She's wild.
We might end up in Alaska.

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 09:50 AM
just tell him to tell his recruiter he doesnt want to go. Yes he did do an oath for dep but it's not set in stone that he will ship out. but peer pressure does apply as it might be a bit...

Marine84
04-11-07, 09:50 AM
Ain't EVER going back to Alaska! Got stuck there for a few days in January - too dark ALL the time, too cold ALL the time - ruined me for life!

Now, if you want to run off to the Bahamas........................

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 09:53 AM
ooooh i liked alaska we did a det there in summer though... sunny for like 22 friggin hours.... and of course on our last 2 days we were **** faced .. GOD i love going on dets and deploying least to countries with the alcohol

Marine84
04-11-07, 10:05 AM
Only thing to watch out for are the WM's as far as political correct goes( dont mean it offensive).

I NEVER understood that. When I walked through that Recruiter's door, I KNEW I was stepping into a MAN'S world and there was going to have to be a few adjustments made by ME in order to be a part of it. I didn't expect the Corps to change for ME - who the hell am I? When Top told me that he liked my legs and I was going to work in his office and have to wear skirts EVERY Friday...................all I could say was "yes sir" and wear them skirts on Friday. Sexual harassment? What the hell is THAT?

Then it changed for women because of this whole "I can do anything a man can do" generation - they now have to run as fast as far as the men do AND they're being taught that it's a BAD thing to be called a Woman Marine. So what if somebody came up with "walking matress" to define WM? If you know you're NOT one, what's the big deal? I know we're ALL Marines first but I have the figure to PROVE I'm a WOMAN! THAT makes me a special Marine.................there are a lot of MEN that can't do it!

AND - I felt even MORE special because they let me play with Ordnance! Not many WOMEN in THAT area! We were bonuses the way I see it :banana:

poolee18
04-11-07, 10:06 AM
Forget the girlfriend keep youre friend in DEP it will be the best thing for youre friend.

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 10:27 AM
I NEVER understood that. When I walked through that Recruiter's door, I KNEW I was stepping into a MAN'S world and there was going to have to be a few adjustments made by ME in order to be a part of it. I didn't expect the Corps to change for ME - who the hell am I? When Top told me that he liked my legs and I was going to work in his office and have to wear skirts EVERY Friday...................all I could say was "yes sir" and wear them skirts on Friday. Sexual harassment? What the hell is THAT?

Then it changed for women because of this whole "I can do anything a man can do" generation - they now have to run as fast as far as the men do AND they're being taught that it's a BAD thing to be called a Woman Marine. So what if somebody came up with "walking matress" to define WM? If you know you're NOT one, what's the big deal? I know we're ALL Marines first but I have the figure to PROVE I'm a WOMAN! THAT makes me a special Marine.................there are a lot of MEN that can't do it!

AND - I felt even MORE special because they let me play with Ordnance! Not many WOMEN in THAT area! We were bonuses the way I see it :banana:

yea thats true there are a few wm's out there that i have met that are really cool but some alas are the ones our DI's warned us about. I and a few others got sent to talk to the 1stSgt because we tied her up threw her on SSGT's desk used boot polish and drew her a moustache and goldtee and blew up condoms. IT was pretty funny but chow was almost over and we got caught because she called me over in the hall way where the womans head was and was IT WONT COME OFF.. so SSGT asked us as he knew something happened because she had boot polish all over her face.

And ooooh thankfully it's not like we did it against her will as we asked is this alright blahb lahb lah but still she told 1stSgt it was alright and thankfully for that but he told us A CO is and will always be afraind of the wrath a WM can do and make his unit look like.

But yup it was still good times

JHSWRESTLER2007
04-11-07, 03:48 PM
Thanks for all the responces everbody!!..I will tell him what he needs to do to get out...and i know i shouldnt have gotten into his personal life..but he asked me if i knew a way out of it, so i told him i would ask around...if he didnt ask i wouldnt have helped...but anyway thanks again for helping me out :flag:

Soon2BeVIP
04-11-07, 06:29 PM
LMAO!!!!!

Awwwwwww he wants to be your drinking buddy!
Drinking is bad :p . But once I turn 21...or if they ever make a law that lets you drink underage if your in the military (please...), That's when I'll be buying the first round for everyone on Leatherneck. I'm already saving my money from my paychecks to pay for the bill :beer:

davblay
04-11-07, 09:26 PM
Drinking is bad :p . But once I turn 21...or if they ever make a law that lets you drink underage if your in the military (please...), That's when I'll be buying the first round for everyone on Leatherneck. I'm already saving my money from my paychecks to pay for the bill :beer:

Belly up to the bar Marines! Now lets see 400,000 X $----------- WOW, will we get those beers in this century?

Soon2BeVIP
04-12-07, 05:46 PM
Belly up to the bar Marines! Now lets see 400,000 X $----------- WOW, will we get those beers in this century?
hmm...maybe I'll just bring 5 of you

Marine84
04-12-07, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't even be willing to take 5 of them - some of these old guys in here can throw some down.

davblay
04-12-07, 09:43 PM
Kim, you are my kind of Marine! Ooo-Rah