PDA

View Full Version : CF to USMC

USMC90
04-10-07, 09:05 PM
Let me just start off by saying I did some google searches and could not find the information I was looking for. I also did some searches here for the same subject and came up empty handed as well, so here goes..
My sisters friend who is a member of the Canadian Forces said that I could get a transfer to the Marine Corps after I join the CF..? Have any of you Marines ever heard of this stuff happening? I'll be contacting a CF recruiter about this issue but 1.) I've had CF recruiters lie to me (go figure) so I'd just like to know if any of you have ever seen or heard of guys who were in the CF getting transferred to the Marine Corps. And 2.) When I've contacted a CF recruiter I sat there on the damn phone for a good hour explaining to this guy who didn't speak proper English why I don't want to join the Canadian Forces and why I want to join the US Marines. So I thought I can avoid a conversation like that by coming here and asking.

Thanks in advance.

-Mike

sgt tony
04-10-07, 10:52 PM
If you want to join the Marines then going CF will not really help. What you need to do is contact a Marine Recruiter that is as close as possible and ask for there help.

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 08:11 AM
OH.. okay at first glance i had no friggin clue what a cf stands for. LOL

I think you would have to be able to live here legally or i have heard about some treaty where aboriginals or native canadian indians are allowed because of some treaty but than again thats simply what i have heard..

USMC90
04-11-07, 09:35 AM
OK. Thanks Sgt tony and killerinstinct I'll keep looking into this.

OH.. okay at first glance i had no friggin clue what a cf stands for. LOL

You're not the first one I'll tell you that.
:D

drumcorpssnare
04-11-07, 12:44 PM
When I first saw the topic "CF to USMC" I wondered..."Why would someone with cystic fibrosis want to join the Marine Corps?":D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 12:51 PM
When I first saw the topic "CF to USMC" I wondered..."Why would someone with cystic fibrosis want to join the Marine Corps?":D

HAHA it scares me that you would even know what that is

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 12:59 PM

HAHA it scares me that you would even know what that is