PDA

View Full Version : Making Marines documentary

22DevilPup87
02-25-03, 06:56 PM
The third part of the documentary Making Marines will be on the Discovery Channel tomorrow at 7pm EST

...thought ya'll might want to know. I'm sorry for not posting yesterday when the first part aired. I don't watch much TV and just caught the tail end of the second part a few minutes ago.

jenrmurray
02-26-03, 11:41 PM
ooh! I have been WAITING for those to come on again. I'll still be at work at 7 your time.. maybe they'll show it again... ::clicks over to tvguide.com::

thanks for posting about it! :)

young_dog19
03-11-03, 10:07 AM
And I missed it...wonder when it comes on again...

22DevilPup87
03-11-03, 11:14 AM
Just go to www.tvguide.com

22DevilPup87
03-11-03, 11:16 AM
I just checked the TV listings ... it won't be on again for at least a couple weeks because there aren't any listings for it yet.

Next time it comes on I'm taping it!

Soon2BkidTx
03-21-03, 11:26 PM
The DI's from Paris Island were on tonight....badass show...i cant wait.....i didnt know Senoir DI's were nice and helped you out if you were going crazy.....i thought they were all mean as hell....lol.....but then again i dont know jack....

wrbones
03-21-03, 11:28 PM
;) Wouldn't you be a little more polite if you knew TV cameras were followin' you around?

Soon2BkidTx
03-21-03, 11:44 PM
Yea but heres a Quote from the Making of a Marine Welcome Aboard folder i got from Meps, "Senoir DI's responsibilities are to ensure each recruit is given ample oppurtunity to complete each portion of the training, and also handle problems each recruit may have during recruit training."

Also on that show, the DI's told every1 to say , "Yes Sir, not Sir Yes Sir!"

But either way i dont care, im there to become...and trust me....im going to be silent as hell..i will be Shuted up and Listening up the whole entire time.

young_dog19
03-22-03, 12:05 PM
Playing "Churchmouse" probably won't work all the time. I heard from a friend that they will find soemthing to ream you for. But it's not a bad strategy, along with common sense.

03Infantry
03-22-03, 01:11 PM
Yeah that don't want to scare the heck out of everyone. If they did people would be freaking out.

Soon2BkidTx
03-22-03, 11:32 PM
I think a lot of People will be freaking out at boot...and some1 posted something about fire watch....The Force Recon, Sgt Land, told me it sucks but its also funny as hell....if you watch out the windows, your bound to see some recruit trying to run away, and then 4 or 5 other recruits chasing after him so they dont get in trouble lol.....omg i cant wait to experience it all...its going to be tough going threw it, but once we earn our title, we will look back and laugh and say that wasent so bad..I was just a wussy!!! lol

03Infantry
03-23-03, 01:50 PM
I want it to be HARD!

young_dog19
03-23-03, 08:17 PM
"If it's easy, than it's not the Marines." - Friend o' mine

03Infantry
03-23-03, 08:22 PM
Good point. If it is easy than it is something that any wimp can do. That is not what the Marines want.

Minesweeper
03-23-03, 10:57 PM
03Infantry, where in Wa. are you at

wrbones
03-23-03, 11:04 PM
Let's see. A Veteran and a mail man.

I think 03 wannabe has someone's attention, now! :D :banana:

Oh, yeah. Did I forget to say he's a Nam Vet....

Welcome home, Minesweeper.

Grab a rack and throw yer ditty bag inna corner.

03Infantry
03-23-03, 11:06 PM
Vancouver Washington Sir. Right next to Portland Oregon.

03Infantry
03-23-03, 11:08 PM
I think 03wannabe is what I should change my name too (LOL) after all I am just a wannabee

KEYDET
03-24-03, 07:38 AM
You guys are all lil sissies ..... all you worry about is someone hollering at you .... boy i hate to see you PT if a lil hollering is going to throw ya down ...

Soon2BkidTx
03-24-03, 01:19 PM
ok Keydet....im not going to talk mess....but if you think boot is going to be a breeze, then your in for a would awakening.....no1 is scared of gettin yelled at....most people are just scared of failure....and this is suppose to be a place with Marines can help motivate poolees, as well as poolees to motivate poolees....And just to let you know....the DI's will eat you for lunch if you go in with an atitude thinking your better than every1....

But we a team Keydet, so lets act like a team!

SemperFi

03Infantry
03-24-03, 02:48 PM
What are you talkin about keydet? Actually I already pt with the Marines buddy and yeah they yell.......

wrbones
03-24-03, 03:19 PM
Well, let's see how thia works out.

Soon2B's got the idea.

KEYDET, if ya haven't been keepin' up on all of the POOL-ee threads, ya might be a little behind here.

Go back. Do it again.

wrbones
03-24-03, 03:21 PM
BTW. I don't let anyone else yell at my POOL-ees, unless they got in yer face first. Even then, yer both mine.

ya might wanna explain yerself, if ya would.

Everyone else, back off.

Soon2BkidTx
03-24-03, 07:38 PM
Well i dont think your talking about me wrbones, cuase i was just letting key know we are all in the same boat and all on the same team....Semper Fi....always faithful....

Also...i got my date...well im exited, stoked out, and ready....Im leaving April 7th...two weeks from today...OOH-RAAH!!!!!!!!

My endurance sux...but im doing 8 pullups, 90 situps in 2 mins, and my run is kinda slow but hey im a fat body...its 13mins.....But my recruitors, two cousins, and the Force Recon guy i have been working out with hard for the past two weeks, all say im good to go....so now...its on.....finally im at the step where it counts...going to boot and time to make it....i will....and when i get back.....i hope i get a warm freakin OOOH-RAH bc im sure ill be jumping up and down screaming that considering i earned my title by then.....

SemperFi

03Infantry
03-24-03, 08:24 PM
Good luck Brian.

Soon2BkidTx
03-24-03, 08:32 PM
OMG I cant wait....my best frien graduates this Thursday....so ill get to see his ass before i leave....lol..he will give me some advice...but im going to kick ass....never quit, never get lazy, and never give less than 110%......OOOH-RAAH

ktriplett
03-24-03, 08:33 PM
Excellent Soon2B! I'll see ya down there!! I'm leaving on the 7th too...

03Infantry
03-24-03, 08:36 PM
good luck to both of ya. Never Surrender!!

wrbones
03-24-03, 08:40 PM
I'm stoked!

I'm proud of ya ktriplett and Soon2B. Don't back off now, but make sure to give yerself a couple days "off" before ya go. ;)

03Infantry
03-24-03, 08:46 PM
Yeah. Don't tire yourself out before you go. Good luck to both of you. Try to have your recruiters put your address at bootcamp on this site so we can write some motivation to you.

ktriplett
03-24-03, 09:19 PM
Put my address on the site? After all the threats about "care packages" I've heard? I'll have to evaluate my level of (in)sanity before I make a decision on that one! :)

03Infantry
03-24-03, 10:37 PM
I was talking about your bootcamp address. Not your home address. So we can write letters of motivation

ktriplett
03-24-03, 11:06 PM
I know, bud, but before I do that, I'd like to request (with the utmost respect) that drifter or wrbones explain what these care packages are that they seem so eager to send. That kind of eagerness from these gentlemen can only spell trouble for unsuspecting victims such as us!! :) :) Of course, I would definitely welcome any motivation letters!! Those will definitely help during those hard times when I'm realizing that I'm not going to see a pretty female face for three whole months!! :) LOL!!
On a serious note, I do enjoy reading your posts, 03. You've really nailed one of the purposes I see in this forum, which is for us poolees to motivate each other. Your enthusiasm is contagious, especially for those of us who are leaving soon.

KEYDET
03-25-03, 07:58 AM
I've been reading the forums...... where did you get the idea I thougt it was going to be easy or that i think I'm better than everyone? Sorry you got that impression. I see most poolees worrying more about the DI's hollering than anything else. If they think thats going to be the biggest of their worries I'd hate to see them go through the rest. Being hollered at is only half the stress and half the motivation remember the activities you have to pull through while being hollered at? Well, if hollering is what they focus on and let that get them down then they'll have a tough time completeing their task. the hollering part is strictly for mental/emotional stress and then to discipline. Once you get past reazling they're using a harsh tone and speaking really loud to try to break you down then you're okay because then the hollering just becomes a loud voice giving you guidance of what to do. The rest of the crap they talk is to build up your emotional and mental abilities. Just think if they're not instructing you then their trying to beak you down. When they're doing that just remember he's making it up as he goes along.... because they only real think he knows about you is your last name and where you are suppose to be. When i said you all are sissies and wouldn't know what to do when it comes to PT..... that is what I mean. If you let them break you down then you're not going to be able to give everything all you got or even be able to complete it as fast. You're a mess when you let words break your bones. I wasn't hollering I was stating an opinion. It was an incomplete thought I thought would still be understood the way I meant it. No one really needs to worry about the DI's hollering at you. Just worry about rather or not you know what it is they're wanting you to do. Just remember they're people too and they're there to push you not only physical but emotionally and mentally .. and that is why they "get in your face". I expect it and I know I'll hate it, but I'm not afraid of it. I used to also be afraid of failing at boot camp, but I put my fears aside. it's like sky diving ... scares the hell out of me, but I just close my eyes and jump. So when I think of boot camp I don't think oh God what am i going do .. what if i do this or what if .. or gah he'll do this if I. One can never be 100% prepared for boot... I know it'll be a challenging and difficult experience but my state of mind now and one I'm motivated to keep is... ... Just Bring it. My apologies if I come off as being a smart elic, but I'm not attempting too ... Just a peice of motivation that i use. i know a lot of Poolees do PT and get up close and personal experiences but a reality of Boot camp. I'm just making a statement of motivatiom. Perhaps i'm just a lil to straight forward or my wording is all wrong either way. Poolees you've made a decision. To get to the other side just stop stressing because there's nothing you can do just stand and take. Like I said just tell Parris Island to Bring It. :rambo:

03Infantry
03-25-03, 08:50 AM
Yeah I think they might try to get you in trouble (HAHA). Yeah you might want to check out those care packages ktriplett. Thanks for the complement but I think we have all done our part in motivating each other. You guys are gonna make it (I know it). Good luck in boot!!!!