PDA

View Full Version : Today wasn't a good day..

Soon2BeVIP
04-10-07, 06:52 PM
I don't want to sound like a whiney person on a thread, but today I had a pretty bad day. I'm just really discouraged right now and my self-confidence is non-existant. I've had some good conversations with some Marines on here. I've written up my day to explain it to whoever, but if anyone there thinks they could or is willing to try and give me some advice, just PM me and I'll send you my write up. I guess I'd be welcome to Poolees or Friends that think they could to. It's just been a tough day.

outlaw3179
04-10-07, 08:19 PM
Kid, not to sound like an ******* but suck it up . At least your not in Iraq right now, ask that kid who just got back from a foot patrol , and almost got blasted if he thinks your having a bad day.

yellowwing
04-11-07, 06:38 AM
When life is bleak and totally sucks, then your true character comes out. Never quit never give up!

Marine84
04-11-07, 09:20 AM
What could be SO terribly wrong at 17?

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 09:25 AM
sounds like you need to practice the art of donkey punching.. its a good way to relieve stress and show ur gf who's boss..

poolee18
04-11-07, 09:27 AM
I have tough days all of the time I sucked it up and think I'll be a Marine in a few months and that keeps me motivated.

Marine84
04-11-07, 09:37 AM
sounds like you need to practice the art of donkey punching

Or blow up clowns - you know, like the BOZO ones that we had when we were kids. That dang thing was like a Wiebal - it wobbled but NEVER fell down! I used to get such a kick out of smackin' that smiley faced ba$t!d ! :)

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 09:40 AM
i was a resourceful child. i got the kitchen knife that clown never came up again. :)

poolee18
04-11-07, 09:54 AM
The last clown I saw had a dry ice bomb attached to the back and needless to say the clown was in pieces of plastic lol.

killerinstinct
04-11-07, 09:58 AM
now really getting off subject the other day i went to the store to get some beer and saw dry ice for sell bought a bunch threw it in the toilet and everyone wanted to go **** to make smoke. but the side effect is lil yellow chips of ice kept flying around but still kinda cool. and a good way to amuse a bunch of drunks

poolee18
04-11-07, 10:00 AM
Yes it is never thought about that prank on drunks.

Marine84
04-11-07, 10:08 AM
i was a resourceful child. i got the kitchen knife that clown never came up again. :)

DANGIT I have to wipe my monitor off on that one!

bigdog43701
04-11-07, 11:33 AM
kim,

girl you have to leave your coffee somewhere else when you come to this site. you know you're going to spew.

TheBiggness
04-11-07, 04:26 PM
Get over it. Everyone has bad days, thats life.

lol as for the bozo the clown punching bag, mine had duct tape all over it. He is not as fun to beat on when he was flat:D

Lgncarter07
04-12-07, 12:00 PM
sounds like you need to practice the art of donkey punching.. its a good way to relieve stress and show ur gf who's boss..

Oh God i'm gonna laughin for hours!!

mesaRAT488
04-12-07, 12:43 PM
Are you kidding me? :cry: :p

Hit me up, I guess I could possibly help.LOL

ElDiablo
04-12-07, 12:49 PM
I don't have a bozo the clown....but a good ol' sea bag works...I love punching the crap out of it. lol

rolive
04-12-07, 05:28 PM
Unless your parents died or you lost a foot or were (worst of all) told you couldn't join the Marine Corps, then I would say. "Dude...chill-lax" I have to agree though if its your girlfriend, practice up and become KING DONKO OF PUNCHSTANIA

Soon2BeVIP
04-12-07, 05:40 PM
Well I don't really need anymore opinions. My last 2 days have gone a lot better and not because I "sucked it up", but because I got some advice and encouragement from some great Marines and one poolee in a PM. It was a serious issue and I'm not going to make a joke out of it. The rest of you can think what you want. Thanks to who I talked to...you all know who you are.

Marine84
04-12-07, 05:58 PM
Look honey, nobody is laughing AT you. A lot of us "deal" with $h!t on a daily basis and the way we "deal" with it is to try to make light of it - no matter what it is. Sometimes, when you think you may have hit rock bottom, just cracking a joke about it can make you wonder why you were worried about it to start with.

yellowwing
04-12-07, 06:07 PM
Once you earn that Eagle Globe and Anchor, and then delpoy to a war zone many of these current problems will suddenly seem small and trivial.

Marine84
04-12-07, 06:13 PM
And it's ALL small $h!t, ain't it?

davecerami275
04-12-07, 09:14 PM
marine 84 Up

kIM,

do You Think It Is Possible For This Kid To Borrow A Couple Tampons From You??

SnowPaint078
04-12-07, 09:28 PM
Look honey, nobody is laughing AT you. A lot of us "deal" with $h!t on a daily basis and the way we "deal" with it is to try to make light of it - no matter what it is. Sometimes, when you think you may have hit rock bottom, just cracking a joke about it can make you wonder why you were worried about it to start with.

Damn right! I have my "days" also, but the best thing to do I think is to suck it up and move on. If you dwell on your problems they will only get worse. Also think that it could still be 100x worse, So be happy its the way it is.
Read this & you'll see what I mean.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27739&highlight=Marine+fights+life+recruit+training
Now that is a Marine that could motivate you to run across the country and back. Bite your lip and give em hell.

davecerami275
04-12-07, 09:30 PM
dude, get a hammer,nails, and wood. Build a bridge and FACKING GET OVER IT!!!!

davecerami275
04-12-07, 09:40 PM
Kim,

Could you please let this kid borrow a couple of tampons from you?

Marine84
04-13-07, 12:47 AM
marine 84 Up

kIM,

do You Think It Is Possible For This Kid To Borrow A Couple Tampons From You??

Don't think I have any laying around any more because of that whole menopausal thing going on. I bet I have Black Cohosh though - REALLY helps with moodiness.

bgsuwoody
04-13-07, 02:40 AM
Damn right! I have my "days" also, but the best thing to do I think is to suck it up and move on. If you dwell on your problems they will only get worse. Also think that it could still be 100x worse, So be happy its the way it is.
Read this & you'll see what I mean.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27739&highlight=Marine+fights+life+recruit+training
Now that is a Marine that could motivate you to run across the country and back. Bite your lip and give em hell.

This right here has to be the most damn motivating thing I think I have ever read. This type of moto is what gets me. As well as the determination such as Accord. Just goes to show that its drive and determination that can get you through any situation. WOW!!

davecerami275
04-13-07, 06:45 AM
Kim,

Help this kid out, let him borrow some tampons.