Accord
04-08-07, 10:45 PM
BEFORE:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/accord322222/johnbefore1.jpg

AFTER:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/accord322222/dressblues1.jpg

MC88
04-08-07, 10:50 PM
man you bought your dress blues! damn but you look awesome! congrats again! you def went through alot i always heard you screaming your head off! :evilgrin: someone was always right beside ya when I looked over!
http://a394.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/59/l_e675e4a0c96b82ae065b0c22ae238349.jpg

119Wrestler
04-08-07, 10:54 PM
nice man
thats awesome

USMC90
Amazing. I think these pictures should not only be shown to Poolees and wannabes, but just you're typical fat body. Show them that you can go a LONG way with the proper motivation and that NOTHING is impossible if you really want it.

Accord
Yeah, after 3 months of hell i'll be damned if I left that god forsaken island without blues.

As far as screaming my head off, my mom said last night she heard me screaming "AYE SIR" in my sleep, haha.

davblay
04-08-07, 11:15 PM
Outstanding pictures Marine! Tell me Marines, do you feel like a stranger in your own home?

SnowPaint078
04-08-07, 11:17 PM
Congrats PFC Gordon, Deffinatley shows how far motivation can take a person. Hopefully bootcamp will have the same affect on me as far as weight is concearned, except I need to gain weight. But this is motivation for any one looking to fullfill their dream of becoming a United States Marine. Congrats once again you deserve it.

MC88
04-08-07, 11:20 PM
I loved having FireWatch and hearing people sound off while sleeping I would start laughing! o man I miss bootcamp a bit!

rvillac2
04-08-07, 11:46 PM
Outstanding. This should be another Sticky.

We have to do something about that pizza box, though. : P

Accord
04-08-07, 11:48 PM
Outstanding. This should be another Sticky.

We have to do something about that pizza box, though. : P
I shot a 209, I was so PO'ed because I had 5 save rounds at the 500 yard line because it took forever to get a verifier.

CJA
04-08-07, 11:56 PM
Yeah, after 3 months of hell i'll be damned if I left that god forsaken island without blues.

As far as screaming my head off, my mom said last night she heard me screaming "AYE SIR" in my sleep, haha.

Hahaha that's freakin' awesome..

I was laying here on my bed being tired, but then I jumped up smiling when I saw the pictures.. wow, just awesome man, congrats

YLDNDN6
04-09-07, 05:08 AM
Un-Freakin'-Believable!!! You Marines rock!!!

jinelson
04-09-07, 10:50 AM
by rvillac2 - Outstanding. This should be another Sticky.

We have to do something about that pizza box, though

I agree done! You are looking sharp too Marc!

OORAH!!!

Jim

Marine84
04-09-07, 12:09 PM
DAMMIT BOYS! Ya'll look SHARP as tacks!!!!

PerXes
04-09-07, 02:55 PM
Quick, call Subway or something and get an endorsement contract!

SamJohnston
04-09-07, 03:44 PM
Wow this is the ultimate motivatioin for poolees. Got me so motivated I even got off my lazy butt and went out for a run. Now thats motivation!

yellowwing
04-09-07, 04:51 PM
There is something indescribable when you put on your Dress Blues.

GySgtRet
04-09-07, 05:40 PM
You are both great examples of these. Pfc Gordon, I am glad that I did not see the before picture till now. Dang, you have done a great job...!!! The dude that does the Subway commercial has nothing on you.

Semper Fi

Achped
04-10-07, 09:14 PM
PFC Gordon, you did it man. Congratulations. I know you'll be there to motivate me into a Marine when the time comes, and I'm glad you made it. We're all proud of you man.

davblay
04-10-07, 09:20 PM
You are both great examples of these. Pfc Gordon, I am glad that I did not see the before picture till now. Dang, you have done a great job...!!! The dude that does the Subway commercial has nothing on you.

Semper Fi

They really should use this PFC in one of the Recruiting clips! Man you talk about motivation!

Accord
04-14-07, 09:48 AM
From grad day:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/accord322222/0934_jpg.jpg

Marine84
04-14-07, 11:32 AM
He's so HANDSOME! ..................heavy sigh

I put your "after" pic as wallpaper on my desktop at work - everybody that walks up and sees it is like "WHO IS THAT?" and, of course, I brag on you.

Nice pics! OOHRAH! Semper Fi little Brother!

simons1088
04-16-07, 09:14 AM
WOW that's great!.....Definately Motivating

jinelson
04-16-07, 09:25 AM
Well done John well done indeed Marine!

Jim

Soon2BeVIP
04-16-07, 11:37 AM
Give me some....give me some
Give me some....give me some
PT......PT!

Motorola07
04-16-07, 12:42 PM
Well I was just like him... My freshman year ID card. and jr. drivers licesons.
I weighed about 180-190 5'6 my freshman year. Started going to 24hr fitness just working out constant during the summer. Watched out much i was eatting. Stayed away from Chocalte shakes from sonic, and my soph. jr. i went to subway for lunch EVERYDAY. Now im at 151 pounds 5'10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/plungerbugger/licesons001-1.jpg

Current picture. On April 14, 2007 PROM.. Me and Girlfriend.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/plungerbugger/prom011.jpg

Yes her dad is holding a AR-15

I really didnt keep any of my pictures, because i didnt like them, and didnt want that memory anymore. So i deleted all of them on my computer, but i do have a few on actual paper that my mom wants to keep.

SkilletsUSMC
04-16-07, 01:00 PM
Yeah, what the hell is going on with all these pizza boxes??? Future SAW gunners. :D

WalkingMan
04-16-07, 01:41 PM
AFTER:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u2/accord322222/dressblues1.jpg

Excellent!

Now you have to remember to make the PT a lifetime habit... otherwise you risk putting the weight back on, which I am pretty sure would be very bad for your morale.

Here is a shot of me (with the glasses) and a buddy of mine from the ARVN LDNN kicking back at (I think) Con Tien between ops along the DMZ in 1969:

http://robertwittig.org/techimages/nam1.jpg

...and here is a shot of me last week, 38 years later:

http://robertwittig.org/techimages/wittig2.jpg

Without PT six days a week, I would be fat and soft, for sure.

Keep up the Good Work, Marine!

yellowwing
04-16-07, 03:28 PM
"Yes her dad is holding a AR-15" - hey Morotola, is that the modern version of the Shotgun Wedding? :banana:

Motorola07
04-16-07, 03:33 PM
Well yes and no.. heres the shotgun wedding...

He loves his new AR-15.. he still wants me to turn into a dear so he can shoot me...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/plungerbugger/prom010.jpg

Achped
04-16-07, 04:19 PM
I think thats his way of telling you not to touch her ;)

She got a sister???

Motorola07
04-18-07, 03:53 PM
Yes a year older lol... She goes to UTD

Achped
04-18-07, 05:09 PM
Tell her you know a guy named Matt who lives in Florida, likes long walks on the beach, has an athletic body, is tan, surfs, skim boards, offroads his jeep, loves the outdoors, and is a very good listener.

PMKing
04-22-07, 09:58 PM
So here is some more moto for you guys...
*This is NOT ME*
This is a friend of mine who I used to be in a rock band with His name is Jon Spanring. He was not in very hot shape when he shipped to boot, had a belly, couldnt do his pull ups or pt very well... He stayed motovated and stayed with his battalion the whole time at boot. At one point he had the flu or something and lost 15 lbs in one weekend...

This is the only real before picture (it doesnt really show the shape he was in but you will get an idea)
http://a21.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_5a9e06978dc65b9813971dcb3098f06c.jpg

And after boot I was SHOCKED! He was hardly the same kid.
After
http://a489.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/l_0f949316a5b0273b01e7f009d7a5c568.jpg

Integrity57
04-26-07, 08:30 PM
Could you imgaine Accord on Recruiting duty, showing his before and after pics? I bet you he would have more poolees signed up than he could handle!

joker8914
06-06-07, 03:07 AM
You can buy your dress blue when before or after Boot camp.

jpal3451
07-29-07, 05:27 AM
waassup Accord, Its funny actually, me and my buddy are chillin in the barracks right now, I saw you are from Boca Raton FL -- I did my 1st 2 years of HS @ Spanish River, moved to Coconut Creek after that though. Small Corps eh? Anyways, my buddy, PFC Long recognized you, ya'll were in the same bootcamp platoon over in Echo. He says your name is Gordon ... he said to call you "Air Force" cause someone sent you airforce PT gear ... haha. "Reach for the Sky" or some **** my buddy says. Anyways take care bro.

tohegal
08-19-07, 01:21 AM
WOW. As the mom of a poolee who ships out to Boot Camp next week, it is so inspiring to see your before and after photos. You look damn good! I am envisioning my son in that uniform by Christmas.

Congratulations Marine.

Accord
08-20-07, 09:47 PM
waassup Accord, Its funny actually, me and my buddy are chillin in the barracks right now, I saw you are from Boca Raton FL -- I did my 1st 2 years of HS @ Spanish River, moved to Coconut Creek after that though. Small Corps eh? Anyways, my buddy, PFC Long recognized you, ya'll were in the same bootcamp platoon over in Echo. He says your name is Gordon ... he said to call you "Air Force" cause someone sent you airforce PT gear ... haha. "Reach for the Sky" or some **** my buddy says. Anyways take care bro.
Do you know Long K or Long J? I had two Long's in my platoon. Yeah I got messed up pretty bad at boot, but it made me a better Marine... good times. Tell him I said Aim High.

I went to Olympic Heights, but live literally right across the street from Spanish River and Regency Plaza.

ArielsMarine
08-22-07, 05:12 PM
Congrats man! Im sort of the same way! Im a big guy, and since I was 4 years old Ive always wanted to be a Marine! I run every day, and I eat properly! Basically I run for an hour 2 times a day and eat nothing but rabbit food! But I just cant seem to lose more than 30lbs! I have another 80lbs to go! And it kills me and depresses me with the fact that I may never become a Marine!!! If anyone has any advice or anything PLEASE!! HELP! Thanks alot and congrats again!!

WalkingMan
08-22-07, 06:52 PM
Congrats man! Im sort of the same way! Im a big guy, and since I was 4 years old Ive always wanted to be a Marine! I run every day, and I eat properly! Basically I run for an hour 2 times a day and eat nothing but rabbit food! But I just cant seem to lose more than 30lbs! I have another 80lbs to go! And it kills me and depresses me with the fact that I may never become a Marine!!! If anyone has any advice or anything PLEASE!! HELP! Thanks alot and congrats again!!

Get a calorie counter, and use it... one with an 'exercise' function, too, so you can count calories, *and* count the calories you burn, working out.

Be 99% honest. If the serving size on the box says 2 oz, then get a scale, and weigh the true amount... don't cheat.

If you run one mile in 10 minutes, make sure it is a mile, and not a kilometer, and that you really did it in 10 minutes.

I have a scale and measuring cup to measure foods, and a Timex Iron Man watch, with a chronometer, to time my runs... and I refuse to let myself cheat.

Also, get down and read the fine print on those food labels, and a book on healthy eating, and make sure you are eating foods that are healthy, and not full of sugar and fats. I drink whey protein mixed in 2% milk... 1 serving right after my morning run (5 miles) and another after my calisthenics and weight training. Then I am full until a light snack around 1 PM, and a healthy but large dinner, around 6 PM... salad, 1 hard boiled egg, and a chicken leg and thigh, all mixed into the salad, with fat free dressing, is what I just finished eating today.

I let myself have a small amount of ice cream and a candy bar ONCE A WEEK... on Saturday or Sunday. I never, ever, go to a fast food restaurant.

I don't really count calories much anymore... I don't have to, because my weight is stable at 164-168... down from 250, which is what it was after I had a stroke, that got me off my feet and away from working out for about 2 1/2 years.

I'm 59 years old, but I can and do pass the Marine corps PFT for my age category, about 4 or 5 times a week, during my regular runs and workouts.

It is a scientific fact that if you burn more calories than you consume, you MUST lose weight. 1 or 2 lbs a week, tops, or you will get sick and weak.

Good luck... but get to WORK, too!

I KNOW you can do it, because I did it. Sometimes I felt sorry for myself, but I just had to suck it up and suffer. Now its a habit, and I push myself a little every day to MAINTAIN the habit, so I will never again have to push myself A LOT... to get back in shape.

It is a lot easier to STAY in shape, than it is to GET in shape.

;)

Kurby494
08-22-07, 06:54 PM

You might wanna find some other healthy food besides vegetables. Green food is good but the body also needs protein to lose weight. Also you might want to throw some variety into your training regiment because once your body gets used to a routine then that routine baisicly becomes ineffective.

HurricaneRJ
08-22-07, 07:37 PM
Ah don't go crying on us, most don't really care. I was a huge big dude, played baseball for a living when my big ass should have been an Lineman in football. I was 310 at the start of January of this year, I DEP in at the beginning of the month weighing 225lbs. Thats 83lbs in 8 months. I've lost so much weight, that I have chronic weight loss. My white blood cells are at a low. I've been trying to give blood to the Red Cross but they won't take it. So I thought all my loosing weight was over. WRONG. I have to loose another 13lbs just to ship out. So I still got weight loose and but since I have to gain more of my weight back so my White blood count to increase again. I've had a cold for 3 weeks and it's 100 degress outside. Stay motivated. Look at Accords pic and that can motivate you for some. But just imagne yourself skinner. Thats what I did.

ArielsMarine
08-24-07, 10:55 AM
Hey thanks for the advice! I went out an got a Diet/Workout organizer from GNC and I bought a cheap scale from Lowes, it only goes to 20lbs but I figured it would be good enough!! lol! Not planning on eating 20lbs! Anyways.... this is an example of my first day on the Diet, please lemme know what I need to fix or if I need to just continue with it??

Thursday August 23,2007
Morning Run- 1 Mile around the High School track in 18:32min
Breakfast-
** One pack of Oatmeal, 130 Calories per pack.
** Bottle of Water, No Calories
Lunch-
**2 Bananas medium size, at 85 calories per Banana
** Bottle of Water, No CAlories
--Evening Run--1 mile around Track at 18:45min
Dinner-
** 4oz of Grilled Chicken Breast, 110 Calories per 4oz
** 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegis, 35 Calories per 3/4 cup
** 1 Diet Pepsi, 0 Calories per can

TOTAL CALORIES EATEN: 465 Calories
TOTAL CALORIES BURNT: unknown, I dont know how to convert how many IVe burned in my exercises?

So if anyone has any comments, and if anyone knows how many calories I burnt by working out please let me know! because I have no clue! again thanks for all the help and I look forword to hearing from you!

JORDAN

HurricaneRJ
08-24-07, 12:58 PM
All I would say is drink water and more water. Don't concentrate on calorie intake, it will make you go crazy and mental. 1 mile is not enough 20 mins is not enough. Find a comfortable pace and go on a 30:00 run for breakfast and Dinner

I don't suggest running around lunch, the key to loosing weight an upstarting your metabolism is to stay awake the whole entire time. I myself run twice a-day and I seem to be doing pretty well. Try to mix up your routine every week so your body won't get used to it.

Staying with the same routine will cause a plateau. I had one of those happen and it sucked. So I had to start doing everything different.

WalkingMan
08-24-07, 05:10 PM
TOTAL CALORIES BURNT: unknown, I dont know how to convert how many IVe burned in my exercises?

So if anyone has any comments, and if anyone knows how many calories I burnt by working out please let me know! because I have no clue! again thanks for all the help and I look forword to hearing from you!

JORDAN

Go to: http://robertwittig.org/calculator.html

Enter your weight in the weight box, enter your miles run in the box for that, and hit the 'Calculate' button.

Keep up the good work!

ArielsMarine
08-25-07, 02:54 PM
Hey thinks Everyone the help is great and already these last two days of trying this Ive noticed that I dropped 3lbs! I will deffinately keep to this and I will continue reporting in here to let yall know how Im doing, so you can give me any further advice! Thanks again!!

Jordan

jpal3451
08-26-07, 06:14 PM
Do you know Long K or Long J? I had two Long's in my platoon. Yeah I got messed up pretty bad at boot, but it made me a better Marine... good times. Tell him I said Aim High.

I went to Olympic Heights, but live literally right across the street from Spanish River and Regency Plaza.

yah his names Joseph Long. He said whats up and got a good laugh when I said Aim High. Yah, I used to chill at regency after school my freshmen year of HS, I have a few friends that went to OH you probably know them. I played Freshman and JV football at River too, so Ive been to OH a few times for football games but left my Jr. Year.

gotchapapa
08-31-07, 09:40 PM
I found a badass website for hardcore USMC posters

warzoneposterz.vstore.ca

check out the one that says "weakness is pain leaving the body", I got that one and it's right. Pain is weakness....it's all in the mind, u will learn that in bootcamp just don't give up, listen to your DI and think of how you will be one of us!

HurricaneRJ
08-31-07, 09:41 PM
The site rules requires everyone to complete their profile.

kbs95125
08-31-07, 10:50 PM
I found a badass website for hardcore USMC posters

warzoneposterz.vstore.ca

check out the one that says "weakness is pain leaving the body", I got that one and it's right. Pain is weakness....it's all in the mind, u will learn that in bootcamp just don't give up, listen to your DI and think of how you will be one of us!

Without a complete profile I would safely assume that you aren't a Marine and therefore not one of them, and you also missed the rule about not posting about other websites...

You also quoted the poster absolutely backwards. Although I'm sure weakness can be a pain.

LeonardLawrence
09-08-07, 10:01 PM
"I bought a cheap scale from Lowes, it only goes to 20lbs"......

I dont want to state the obvious....but if you are eating 20lbs of food at a time....it may just be a contributing factor.....:D

Just playing...stay motivated!...keep with it, it will happen with time and effort

grizzly
09-09-07, 01:44 AM
I graduated from boot camp in Dec.78 whenI was home on leave Igot comfy with this girl I knew,one night while in my sleep I was reported to have started kicking and shoving her out of the rack,yelling "get out of the rack,gotta get outa the rack".I dont remember that part,however I should have kicked her a** alot harder,had I known then what was about to happen :devious: Congrats on looking good

jungholee90
11-17-07, 09:35 PM
Oh man, I've seen pictures but I never got to see someone I know go through bootcamp and lose that much weight. This one Marine used to be poolee at our RSS, he came back from Recruit Training few days ago... Wow.. I remember all of us were trying to get him to lose weight to get to the ship weight and PT with him, now he is in better shape then many of us, he lost like 50 pounds I think. We PTed last Thursday with him and another Marine back from Recruit Training, it was an extremely motivating session.

JD216
11-19-07, 06:19 PM
Nice transform brother!!! looks like two completely different people, semper fi!!!

Sway
01-19-08, 11:41 PM
it means squat now, but you have my respect Marine

Nez46
02-10-08, 06:31 PM
Marines i have a question i ship july seventh and i heard rumors we will be getting dress blues upon Graduation is this true?

Sway
02-10-08, 07:59 PM
haha they're gunna love that one.

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 08:07 PM
I'll solve that question:

Yes, and search lol...

kaboom1371
02-10-08, 08:35 PM
[quote=Nez46]Marines i have a question i ship july seventh and i heard rumors we will be getting dress blues upon Graduation is this true?[/quote

Damn you didn't make the cut off. everyone after July 6th does not get them.

skaterjon89
02-10-08, 08:36 PM
Damn you didn't make the cut off. everyone after July 6th does not get them.

I literrally chuckled at my computer. :banana:

Sway
02-10-08, 08:39 PM
yes i will just make it then!

Nez46
02-11-08, 08:34 PM
Mother ducker im a day late gah come on Marine Corps lol its okay i chuckled at the computer to and im the one that is not getting them its to much. (I think they knew i was coming) Watch after i Graduate they will give them again lol

Accord
02-13-08, 07:23 PM
Here's another good "after" pic of me in something other than blues...

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v196/228/37/1071021164/n1071021164_30045476_5279.jpg

Twehman
02-13-08, 07:27 PM
Mother ducker im a day late gah come on Marine Corps lol its okay i chuckled at the computer to and im the one that is not getting them its to much. (I think they knew i was coming) Watch after i Graduate they will give them again lol

...huh?

Sway
02-13-08, 10:07 PM
effin bada$$ accord

davblay
02-13-08, 10:29 PM
Still looking good John......:thumbup:

Semper Fi

Dave

da Tiffinator
02-14-08, 09:04 AM
that is a really awesome transformation !!! i don't have much to loose, but i do hope to gain a ton of muscle from boot camp !!! ttyl, da tiffinator.
:thumbup:

Nez46
02-14-08, 05:53 PM
...huh?

Its something we where talking about earlier

Arielsmarine88
02-17-08, 05:52 PM
Hey I was just wondering how did you conitinue to lose weight... I have tried and tried to lose for the Marine Corps... but I only lost the first 20-25 lbs and I cant lose anymore except maybe a lb a week..... This is killing me, I see no results, and Ive tried stepping up exercises and eating less.... Can someone give me some pointers?
thanks,
Jordan

Nez46
02-17-08, 06:21 PM
Hey I was just wondering how did you conitinue to lose weight... I have tried and tried to lose for the Marine Corps... but I only lost the first 20-25 lbs and I cant lose anymore except maybe a lb a week..... This is killing me, I see no results, and Ive tried stepping up exercises and eating less.... Can someone give me some pointers?
thanks,
Jordan

The best way to lose weight is to run. And i meant dont just run to the kitchen, run like hell. You will lose lots. Im glad to see your motivated and trying tho.

Accord
02-17-08, 07:04 PM
thanks,
Jordan
You've been "eating less"

That's why you're not losing weight. Go back and reread everything i've posted in this thread and THIS thread: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29787 because i've hit this topic a bunch of times. After reading both threads let me know and i'll answer any questions you may have, but you'll definitely find your answer in what I just gave you.

Accord
02-17-08, 07:05 PM
The best way to lose weight is to run. And i meant dont just run to the kitchen, run like hell. You will lose lots. Im glad to see your motivated and trying tho.
Not true at all. It doesn't matter how much you PT, because if your diet is all jacked up you're not going to see results. In 99.9999% of the cases, it's always the diet and not lack of PT.

You don't need to be a PT monster to lose a lot of weight.

Nez46
02-17-08, 07:48 PM
oh sorry yeah i guess not

mrandmrspoot
02-18-08, 05:56 PM
very motivating indeed

bgsuwoody
02-19-08, 06:39 PM
What barracks is that picture taken at Accord?

Accord
02-22-08, 04:57 PM
What barracks is that picture taken at Accord?
1/6

Drock54
02-26-08, 11:21 AM
accord how long were you at boot camp did you spend time in PCP? ive been working hard for the past month or so ive lost about 15 pounds and have another ten more to go...im pass the run and crunch standards by far i have problems with pull ups what do you reccomend?

LuDog
07-23-08, 05:44 PM
Damn!, this is great motivation!!!

GunzNutz87
08-29-08, 02:06 PM
Wow, talk about some motivation. I've got a little over 2 months til' ship and I'm 6'1 235. I was beginning to doubt if I'd be able to make weight before my ship date, but after seeing those pictures, now I know if i can keep up my workouts I can do it. My biggest problem though is my eating. I eat my fruits and veggies, but i have trouble trying to limit the other stuff (or eating before bedtime).

Damn good job Accord, this great inspiration for me and the rest of the fat bodies out there wanting to earn the title Marine.

coltie52
08-31-08, 06:38 PM
Hey thanks for the advice! I went out an got a Diet/Workout organizer from GNC and I bought a cheap scale from Lowes, it only goes to 20lbs but I figured it would be good enough!! lol! Not planning on eating 20lbs! Anyways.... this is an example of my first day on the Diet, please lemme know what I need to fix or if I need to just continue with it??

Thursday August 23,2007
Morning Run- 1 Mile around the High School track in 18:32min
Breakfast-
** One pack of Oatmeal, 130 Calories per pack.
** Bottle of Water, No Calories
Lunch-
**2 Bananas medium size, at 85 calories per Banana
** Bottle of Water, No CAlories
--Evening Run--1 mile around Track at 18:45min
Dinner-
** 4oz of Grilled Chicken Breast, 110 Calories per 4oz
** 1 1/2 cups of mixed vegis, 35 Calories per 3/4 cup
** 1 Diet Pepsi, 0 Calories per can

JORDAN
Uh, no Pop from here out. Just drink water and a lot of it and you'll loose weight. Also try having more protein like tuna is a really good and somewhat cheap source.
good luck

Iseethelight
09-01-08, 10:20 PM
ArielsMarine: this may be partially the former powerlifter in me coming out, but 465 Calories per day?!?!!? Are you high? You're body is going to go catabolic so fast it'll make your head spin (literally) Eat protein, it won't kill you. Keeping a high protein and low carb diet is going to make any extended exercise excruciating at first, but you will see great gains. Caffeine is bad with this though, your kidneys are taxed enough with the huge amounts of protein they don't need caffeine in there too.

Parsons95
09-04-08, 03:50 PM
This is some awsome motovation!!!

WhiteCa
10-28-08, 07:59 PM
oorah mutha ****a

Garrett90
10-28-08, 09:11 PM
White, we don't rate to use that word, so refrain from using it or you will get your brown eye torn out.

FullMetalFuture
10-28-08, 09:23 PM
One of the most disrespectful things you can do is use terms and jargon from groups of which you do not belong. At this point, "oorah" means nothing to either you or I. It will remain that way until we earn our EGA. Until then, consider it a word that you don't know what it means. Remember what momma always said? "Don't say things if you don't know what it means"

mgkusmc
11-03-08, 04:43 PM
Alright lemme dig into my photos and show some before and after pics.

Here is what I looked like in April 2006...I was at 250 pounds at that time....mind you I joined on June 6th 2006 and Shipped out June 20th.....I'm on the left by the way.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/508preach/disgusting.jpg
This is my boot camp portrait I'm showing this one because it was taken mid July of 2006 and mind you I wasnt done with Boot Camp yet. This shows how far I came in such little time. You can definitly see a difference. I set foot on the island weighing 236 left it weighing 170.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/508preach/marine1.jpg

Abyss
11-03-08, 08:45 PM
I'm going to have to cut about 15 lbs for wrestling, this thread was very useful.

tripletgirl101
12-29-08, 04:59 PM
Very motivating.... I can't stop smiling.... not a poolee yet but will be soon!

BamaBot91291
12-30-08, 10:39 PM
accord how long were you at boot camp did you spend time in PCP? ive been working hard for the past month or so ive lost about 15 pounds and have another ten more to go...im pass the run and crunch standards by far i have problems with pull ups what do you reccomend?

I recommend doing this 2 hours straight everyday::banana:
It burns more calories than you think.

BioCHAZard
01-12-09, 10:18 AM
Dude ****ing sweet man, that makes me wanna go PT right now. I can't wait till I go off to basic to make something of myself.

Enigmatic
01-12-09, 06:16 PM
Dude ****ing sweet man, that makes me wanna go PT right now. I can't wait till I go off to basic to make something of myself.

Can some motivated poolee please correct this Johnny-come-lately on what is wrong with the above statement? Thanks, carry on.....

kash
01-12-09, 06:34 PM
Its not basic its boot camp

BioCHAZard
01-12-09, 09:02 PM
Sorry about that I'll correct myself from here on out.

Futuremarine2
01-13-09, 06:45 AM
Its not basic its boot camp

aw kash you beat me to it.

Kylefooj
01-30-09, 08:10 PM
thats awesome Accord! that really is motivating. congrats

BioCHAZard
02-23-09, 06:24 PM
I went up to a 35 year old Marine and asked him about this and he said this to the word "It doesn't matter what the **** you call it as long as you can hack it."

courtesy of a 8541 Marine.

Accord
03-29-09, 11:33 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81523

Equipped Possum
04-13-09, 05:32 PM
I went up to a 35 year old Marine and asked him about this and he said this to the word "It doesn't matter what the **** you call it as long as you can hack it."
Tell that to a DI and report back what happens. If you don't get slayed ill do it too and maybe we could start a trend. While were at it why don't we see if we can change oorah to hooah so we can match the army.

not. ill stick to calling it boot thank you very much.

Petz
04-13-09, 07:20 PM
seriously... there are a lot of "poolees" here in this thread, and many "shipped" by now, and should be back months ago.... none have felt the need to come back and be apart of this community... sad really.

NoPainNoGain17
04-13-09, 07:25 PM
That is awesome. Great motivation.

Wes40138
04-13-09, 07:43 PM
seriously... there are a lot of "poolees" here in this thread, and many "shipped" by now, and should be back months ago.... none have felt the need to come back and be apart of this community... sad really.
SSGT,
For what its worth I agree with you 100% .I am no poolee (just a fatbody wannabe) but Leatherneck is the best thing going . I can't really express my gratitude enough for the help and motivation that I have gotten from this site.

Petz
04-13-09, 07:45 PM
so why are you still fat?

how much more you got to lose before you can DEP in?

Wes40138
04-14-09, 04:46 AM
so why are you still fat?

how much more you got to lose before you can DEP in?
SSGT, I have lost over 60 lbs since Christmas eve and I still have another 80 to go . Its alot yes, but its less than the 120lbs that I needed to lose in the beginning ! I'm giving myself 5 months .

nrml1
04-14-09, 05:03 AM
I'm in the same boat, a fatbody wannabe.. an old one at that with 25 years. I can DEP in in a month and a half when I would have met MY standards of 200lbs and have finished my college class to get my 15 credits.

I'm 235, 6'

Good luck to you Wes, keep at it.

Petz
04-14-09, 09:16 AM
wes stick with it and stay motivated.... post here often, I want you to PM for every 5 pounds you lose.

I'll get ****ed if you don't

byrdboyfaith
04-15-09, 12:54 AM
SSgt Petzold, I'll take a stake in that...i'm 230 6'2. max weight is 220 or so but ive set my goal to 200. I joined once before but washed out do to medical...fought the last 3yrs through docs and redtape and meps is finally putting me back through. My moto is a bit low but i know if these poolees can get it done i can too. ive got to may 15 to reach my goal...200lbs and 5mi-40mins. Semper Fi!

Petz
04-15-09, 01:52 AM
20 pounds in about a month?! don't over do it... you should aim more at 210 - 205 range to stay healthy... you'll lose the rest in boot camp... just know that if you are under 214, you are under your height weight standards for the Marine Corps...

but you'll drop easily to 180, so I'm not worried... just don't mess yourself up trying to lose too much fat in such a short period of time.

as for the run, 5 miles is a long way in 40 mins .... I'd say you'd do a great 3 mile if you could do that.

byrdboyfaith
04-15-09, 08:06 PM
THanks for the tip, was not aware of the 214 limitation....I've set that as my new goal. as for the 5mi 40min. it was a goal i set last year and as incredible as it is i find setting an extreme goal is much more productive than setting an attainable one...once attained i usually end up slacking for a bit. reweighed today...226.4....so not as extreme a change as i first stated.

TooTall8689
04-18-09, 01:51 AM
Back in 2005 I went into bootcamp at 250. I left Parris Island at 215. You will see. I average now about 230 and stay in the gym and beating the hardball. Heres a little motivation to hopefully keep you future Devil Dogs seeing the light.

--Shorty after completion of bootcamp. A freshface brand new Marine.--

--Marine Corps Ball 2007...right after my first deployment--Ignore the drunk Marine to the right please--

--My Corpsman (Doc) Left and myself in current deployment--

Hope that keeps the motovation up future Marines! Oorah.

Petz
04-18-09, 10:26 AM
gesus... you're 6'5" aren't you?

TooTall8689
04-19-09, 01:38 AM
Yea, 6'6. Tallest man in my unit. You can imagine why the nickname "TooTall" stuck. lol.

BigGunz90
04-19-09, 11:03 AM
Were you in shape when you went to boot?

TooTall8689
04-19-09, 11:28 AM
Not nearly. I mean I thought I was decent. But they got me there. They get everyone where they need to be. Its an experience. I miss it sometimes. weird.

Petz
04-22-09, 12:35 PM
you ****ed your DIs off didn't you... you were that sore thumb making the platoon look bad... hahaha.

nice.

byrdboyfaith
04-29-09, 01:07 AM
*Update* Ssgt. I've reached 221.2. Thats the easy part my 3mi time is 22.45min so i'm working on that. Pull ups are my weak point righ now I'm only to 2-3 but im doing max sets after chow and head calls. I have 3wks before my meps and hopefully my shipout to the Depot.

Petz
04-29-09, 01:11 AM
get those pull-ups up there and they won't ride you too hard in boot camp. Had a Marine i my platoon who ended up not being able to do the min. 3 pull-ups... graduated with 4 and EAS'd as a LCpl and fat.

if you can do 10, the DIs will assume you will just shed the extra weight no problem.

good work on losing the 5 ponds!! keep that up... increase it if you can!

byrdboyfaith
04-29-09, 01:15 AM
Will do! 10's my goal then. Thanks for the responses...It makes for good Moto.

Cressler
07-05-09, 01:43 AM
wow i mean i'm not over weight but still this motivates me a ton that someone can go from looking that to being a Marine I can't wait to ship to bad i have like a year till then :/ and yeah i'm buyin my blues no way am i going through all that work and leavin without some

felix319
08-06-10, 09:14 PM
DAMN!
good going.

Aintamarineyet
08-10-10, 12:20 PM
Hey everyone, I have a simple weight loss question.
I have over 35 Weeks till I ship for MCRD San Diego (20110620) and currently at 72.5" and 216.5 lbs, I have a set goal of 180 before I ship. Is that a reasonable goal or should I shoot for more weight loss? And are Power Bars appropriate snacks at 280 Calories each? I only consume < 1000 Calories a day and have lost several pounds.

Rough Hands
08-10-10, 04:44 PM
Hey everyone, I have a simple weight loss question.
I have over 35 Weeks till I ship for MCRD San Diego (20110620) and currently at 72.5" and 216.5 lbs, I have a set goal of 180 before I ship. Is that a reasonable goal or should I shoot for more weight loss? And are Power Bars appropriate snacks at 280 Calories each? I only consume < 1000 Calories a day and have lost several pounds.

You're crash dieting. Your body will stall on weight loss real soon if you keep eating at such a dramatic deficit. 35 weeks is plenty of time to drop 36 pounds, so bump up your caloric intake to something closer to 1500, AT LEAST. 2 or 3 pounds a week is EXCELLENT progress, you don't need to do more than that, and you've got plenty of time.

Drink water; no sodas, not even diet sodas. If you must, the occasional 8 oz. of pure fruit juice is acceptable - I would recommend grapefruit juice. As far as snacks go? Ditch anything processed, go for fresh fruits and veggies, or if you need more protein in your diet, pop open a tin of tuna, have a hard-boiled egg or invest in some whey protein.

Get into P90X if your PT routine isn't enough for you. You'll be really lean after 12 weeks of P90X if you follow the dietary guide and push play every single day.

One more note; the more active you are, the more often you eat during the day, and the more muscle you build (while cutting fat), the higher your metabolism will be. Keep that in mind. Try taking pictures of yourself, and take your body measurements; it will help you to see how your body composition will change more efficiently than a scale.

Aintamarineyet
08-11-10, 08:24 AM
You're crash dieting. Your body will stall on weight loss real soon if you keep eating at such a dramatic deficit. 35 weeks is plenty of time to drop 36 pounds, so bump up your caloric intake to something closer to 1500, AT LEAST. 2 or 3 pounds a week is EXCELLENT progress, you don't need to do more than that, and you've got plenty of time.

Drink water; no sodas, not even diet sodas. If you must, the occasional 8 oz. of pure fruit juice is acceptable - I would recommend grapefruit juice. As far as snacks go? Ditch anything processed, go for fresh fruits and veggies, or if you need more protein in your diet, pop open a tin of tuna, have a hard-boiled egg or invest in some whey protein.

Get into P90X if your PT routine isn't enough for you. You'll be really lean after 12 weeks of P90X if you follow the dietary guide and push play every single day.

One more note; the more active you are, the more often you eat during the day, and the more muscle you build (while cutting fat), the higher your metabolism will be. Keep that in mind. Try taking pictures of yourself, and take your body measurements; it will help you to see how your body composition will change more efficiently than a scale.

Thanks! I've been wondering if what I was doing was okay... clearly not sounds like you really know what your talking about... I'ma try to impliment this and see how it goes

Rough Hands
08-11-10, 02:37 PM
Thanks! I've been wondering if what I was doing was okay... clearly not sounds like you really know what your talking about... I'ma try to impliment this and see how it goes

I know what it's like, that's all. I had to drop 60 pounds just to enlist (I'd still like to drop another 10 before I ship in 8 weeks), and I did it over a period of about 9 months or so. I could have done it faster and more efficiently, but I expected way too much of myself in the beginning, and in doing so, "fell off the wagon" frequently when I started out.

If being a Marine matters that much to you, you will do what you need to do to get to where you need to be by the time that you ship to the MCRD. Just always keep your end-goal in mind, don't ever forget it.

Best of luck to you, fellow poolee.

Aintamarineyet
08-12-10, 12:45 PM
I know what it's like, that's all. I had to drop 60 pounds just to enlist (I'd still like to drop another 10 before I ship in 8 weeks), and I did it over a period of about 9 months or so. I could have done it faster and more efficiently, but I expected way too much of myself in the beginning, and in doing so, "fell off the wagon" frequently when I started out.

If being a Marine matters that much to you, you will do what you need to do to get to where you need to be by the time that you ship to the MCRD. Just always keep your end-goal in mind, don't ever forget it.

Best of luck to you, fellow poolee.

Thanks! and hey Good luck to you to, in 21 weeks hope to see you on here with a Marine account

BGregory
12-13-10, 03:51 AM
A little moto on the morning of my ship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-xiX7A2LPE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Laxer17
12-13-10, 06:16 AM
A little moto on the morning of my ship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-xiX7A2LPE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Good luck out there man.

Honcho1010
03-17-11, 11:56 PM
Outstanding pictures Marine! Tell me Marines, do you feel like a stranger in your own home?

This is what my dad told me. He said i will get back and everyone will look like lazy slouches.

SPhiladelphia
07-20-11, 02:13 PM
Hopefully, Boot Camp will make me physically stronger but mostly mentally stronger. Congrats to those who have made it through Boot Camp with weight issues! That's the biggest motivation out there!

usmcdevilpup
08-24-11, 02:42 PM
Can some motivated poolee please correct this Johnny-come-lately on what is wrong with the above statement? Thanks, carry on.....
its not basic, but Recruit Training or Boot Camp

mbev
10-04-11, 11:21 PM
Congrats to that Marines. What does the square medal on his chest stand for? Is something like for scoring expert on the range?

Lisa 23
10-05-11, 07:49 AM
Congrats to that Marines. What does the square medal on his chest stand for? Is something like for scoring expert on the range?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQjjloqFrdRRdw5uMMX0tcdaeztZ3Hz Qmau9nr6H2WDY_7FDAYPA

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlncW9IO3mLY69vivD6CCB80s_wdLQs LHWmlESMbyJ5N7_gqOBuQ

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGKzFnY8V_lx5gDTTnkqJOSrupSXS_g vVtGn6SObqtUapu9cPR

Rifle Qualification
http://thesupermarine.com/RifleQual.aspx

mbev
10-05-11, 09:02 AM
Thank you Ma'am! I'v seen my friends get Expert so I know it is definitely attainable!

nlanza5286
10-05-11, 09:33 AM
When I started my attempt at becoming a Marine I was 310 pounds. I am now 217 and still losing. To anyone who is browsing these threads and wondering if you can do it? You can, you just need a little motivation.

Lisa 23
10-05-11, 10:05 AM
When I started my attempt at becoming a Marine I was 310 pounds. I am now 217 and still losing. To anyone who is browsing these threads and wondering if you can do it? You can, you just need a little motivation.

This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29787

nlanza5286
10-05-11, 10:43 AM
This is what losing 80 pounds looks like - ALL FAT BODIES COME IN HERE!
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29787

Thank you for the link, I want to post my before and after pics in there as well. I really love seeing what the USMC has done for people like myself. Get motivated and find a damn purpose in life.

KStewart
12-22-11, 04:57 PM
His happy face made me laugh so hard for some reason. Fantastic job though!

murphy94
05-14-12, 10:29 AM
Okay, that is total motivation for me. BUT DANG he was big!!!

KatJohns
05-15-12, 12:41 PM
It's really sad my little brother looks just like that first picture - he's 14 - hopeful he'll follow in his big sis and big bro's footsteps and get some motivation to get healthy soon... maybe he'll be a Marine one day... :)

(Wouldn't that be rad - if my mom raised three kids and all three of us turned out to be Marines - not just two :) )

murphy94
05-16-12, 10:46 AM
RE: KatJohns: Hopefully he will be a Marine :) But, sadly it does not always turn out that way. My family is military, but my sister is like totally against the military life. :(

Blanton2012
08-28-12, 12:05 AM
That is awesome!!!! Super motivating!

Poolee Baxter
01-23-14, 09:55 AM
I'm in pretty good shape, but still great motivation!!